The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:44 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Tiki-Man I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Tiki-Man I_vote_lcapThe Tiki-Man I_voting_barThe Tiki-Man I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Tiki-Man

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tiki-Man Empty The Tiki-Man

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 1:48 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Tiki-Man
Title: Hawaii’s Savior
Alignment: Good
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5’10” (8’ in Tiki-Man form)
Weight: 175 lbs (1050 lbs in Tiki-Man form)

Costume Description/Image: A gray muscular stone body with a Tiki head.

Personality: Tony is extremely serious and is very responsible. He is usually hesitant to use his powers but he will if he feels he must.

History: Tony Makani was born and raised in Hawaii with his parents. His dad was a very wealthy lawyer but was slightly abusive whereas his mom was his favorite person in the world. He had a care-free and irresponsible life style which was disapproved of by his parents. For most of his life, Tony’s life was almost average. However, this changed when Tony was around 22.

When Tony was 22, one of the criminals Tony’s father sent to jail escaped from prison. Tony’s father knew that this meant trouble but Tony couldn’t see it. To make matters worse, Tony’s mother had become very sick. She was scared to stay home alone with criminals around and wanted Tony to stay home. However, Tony failed to see the problem and went surfing…he would later see what a big mistake that was.

Tony’s mother was killed by said criminal in an attempt to get to his father. This had completely changed Tony’s life. He had a complete personality change; Tony had become very serious from that point. Tony’s dad, in his cruelty had made Tony leave the house, leaving him homeless. He had spent weeks traveling and surviving in Hawaii until he found a weird tiki mask. He had put it on to see how it’d feel, but after that his life really changed.

Tony began to change. He grew in size and became much stronger. His entire body was made up of stone. He knew he had some kind of power, and he’d know what he’d do with it…he WOULD get revenge on the person who had killed his mother.

Tony had looked for the criminal for about a week, and did not know how to escape his “Tiki form”. When he finally found him he was seen in an alley with a bunch of other criminals. Lead by anger, Tony followed him with the intention to kill. The band of criminals saw him and started shooting, but it had no effect on Tony. He then grabbed his mother’s murderer and ripped him in half…his revenge was complete, but it didn’t stop him.

Tony apparently had more than super-strength, and his other powers were fantastic. He managed to lift the Earth from underneath one group of criminals and smash them with it. To the other group, he somehow sprayed a stream of lava at them, severely burning them. He had not wanted to do all this, just get revenge. He knew this power was too much and he tried to revert back to normal, but Tony was finding it extremely difficult to. Later, when he started to think about his mom again and got sad he turned back to normal. He tried to destroy the mask as an attempt to get rid of his powers, but the mask was stuck to his face.

He knew that he would be stuck with these powers. He lived in solitude, trying to learn the mysteries of his power and protect Hawaii. Tony would become Tiki-Man, Hawaii’s Savior.

Powers: Tony Makani’s power is to transform into Tiki-Man. He can easily transform into him, but he can only revert to human when knocked unconscious or under extreme concentration. Tony can also use these powers in human form, but Tiki-Man has better control of them.

Super-Strength: Self-explanatory

Stone Body: Tiki-Man is made of organic stone. This makes Tiki-Man highly durable and resistant to most attacks.

Lava generation: Tiki-Man can generate lava inside of him. Tiki-Man can use this to make blasts of geothermal energy, Make himself, or parts of his body super hot, and making waves of lava.

Earth Manipulation: Tiki-Man can manipulate the ground for a variety of purposes such as making earthquakes, rockslides, throwing boulders, and making mini-mountains.

Power Grid:
The Tiki-Man Tikiman

Character Description: He was tan and slightly muscular. His stone tiki mask was stuck to has face, leaving his face a mystery. He normally dressed like a person you'd see on vacation; sandals, bermuda shorts. tropical button up shirt.

Roleplay Sample: Tony was pacing…back and forth, back and forth…He was thinking…he needed to get stronger.

“I must train…I am too weak. I had risked my land, and almost lost it. If I don’t get stronger, who knows what will happen next time?”

He concentrated and felt a flux in power. He could feel himself getting bigger and getting stronger until he became the destructive force, Tiki-Man.

“Yes, this is power...BUT I NEED MORE! HUKA PELE!”

Last edited by Dynamic on April 10th 2011, 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 204
Location : –noun 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location for a young doctor
Job : The job you just lost
Humor : "Are you butt dialing, becuase I swear that ass is calling me!"
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

The Tiki-Man Empty Re: The Tiki-Man

Post by Super Cutie April 10th 2011, 2:25 am

You should probably make two separate grids.

One for Tony and one for Tiki-Man.

Also, you've only used 18 points for Tiki-Man's grid. That will put him at a slight disadvantage, but using 22 points certainly isn't required. I didn't.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Tiki-Man Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 8:15 am

Well, Tony is just an average guy so i didn't think I'd need it, but if I do, it'd probably br like

STR: 1
SPD: 2
END: 1
INT: 2
EP: 0 (unless you consider transforming into Tiki-Man a power, in which case it'd be 6)
FS: 2

Oh, and I know, it's just that I didn't want to put him to the max and I thought 18 was reasonable.
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Location : –noun 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location for a young doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 10th 2011, 8:54 am

It's just good to have in case you were to start a thread as Tony rather than Tikiman.

In stats 2's are average and you wouldn't need a 6 in order to transform.

I would do the grids like this:

Tony

STR: 2
END: 2
EP: 2
FS: 3

Tikiman

STR: 4
END: 5
EP: 6
FS: 3

However, this is just a suggestion. You don't have to take it.

Just keep in mind that FS also governs reflexes and not just fighting ability and that FS can't change between forms.

INT can't change between forms unless it drops to zero between them. (Think Savage Hulk)

I like this character concept.
It's pretty unique.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 9:26 am

Alright, that seems good. I'll change it, but I don't see how Tony's EP would be 2 considering he doesnt really have any powers except transforming and doesn't have healing.

Also, thank you, even though I have no idea how I came up with it.

Darryl Jones, Nano-Zombie
The Tiki-Man Darryl
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 10th 2011, 9:40 am

All the EP would be for is transforming.
You need it to be able to change.

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 9:56 am

Ah, ok I see
Thanks for the help.

The Tiki-Man Darryl
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane April 10th 2011, 10:07 am

Your EP is threatened by your amount of powers. Two manipulations and a Statshift. How are you going to split the EP?

2 EP - Lava Manipulation
2 EP - Earth Manipulation
2 EP - Stat-shifting

?

Click Here for Hurricane's Profile Information
Click Here for Hurricane's Equipment
Click Here for Hurricane's Agents (Rush, Snoot, or Delilah)

The Tiki-Man Hurricanesigfinal2_zpsb7282616
Hurricane
Hurricane
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "At the end of the game, the King and the Pawn go in the same box."

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 10th 2011, 10:10 am

I didn't think he would need any EP to switch back since he apparently has to be unconscious.

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 10:27 am

Well, that or he has to really concentrate about it (like 2 posts) but that is mostly just to not be a monster everywhere.., but I don't think it would take EP to get weaker.

The Tiki-Man Darryl
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 10th 2011, 10:41 am

In order to switch back at will he would need EP for that.

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane April 10th 2011, 10:49 am

....Well, I figured Stat-shifting as a 'Passive' Power. Whether its weaker or stronger, you don't lose the EP. People will just subtract the EP points to boost their other stats. Whether or not you need to activate the power, you still have the power to transform back to your previous state and the EP shouldn't be subtracted from that.

I understand where you're coming from. But I believe the 2 EP should be passive on all forms. Since your Tiki state isn't permanent, and eventually it does change back.

First Statsheet: Speed runner with Level 4 Lightning, and the ability to transform stats

Intelligence: 2
Speed: 6
Strength: 2
Endurance: 2
EP: 6
Fighting Skill: 4

Second Statsheet: Transforms into separate stats entirely. With no lightning attacks

Intelligence: 2
Speed: 4
Strength: 6
Endurance: 6
EP: 0
Fighting Skill: 4

Now, I know that's not what you're doing, but if we bend the rules for some there will be obvious whining

Hurricane
Hurricane
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 11:06 am

Well, I see what you are saying. Man, I didn't think that the shape shifting would cost me EP points...What if I gave the two the same stats, so that Tony can use his powers in human form if he has to, but would prefer to be in his Tiki Form (much like how a superhero can use their power in regular clothes, but would rather put on his costume if he was fighting crime or something.)

The Tiki-Man Darryl
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane April 10th 2011, 11:41 am

Meaning his stats and abilities never change, just his appearance?

Hurricane
Hurricane
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic April 10th 2011, 11:50 am

Yeah, pretty much.

The Tiki-Man Darryl
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top