The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Golden Age Heroes  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Golden Age Heroes  I_vote_lcapGolden Age Heroes  I_voting_barGolden Age Heroes  I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Golden Age Heroes  I_vote_lcapGolden Age Heroes  I_voting_barGolden Age Heroes  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Golden Age Heroes

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Golden Age Heroes  Empty Golden Age Heroes

Post by Coffinhunter December 12th 2010, 10:03 pm

Although the hustle and bustle of today's superhero community rages on in epic arcs that span heaven, hell and all that lays in between; there was a simpler time that existed before. It was called the Golden Age of Heroes and although times were simpler, problem were no less abundant. This thread takes place in 1935 in the United Kingdom.

The Golden Age is a time before words like Meta-human, Superheroes, and Arch-Nemesis were not common place. People lived simple lives and contended with their problems as best as they could. But it is this exactly point in time that the emergence of the Supermen came to be. No one knows the exact genesis of the phenomenon, and this thread may very well end up defining that very fact. But what is known is that is was this very year that people around the world started making the first reports of Superhuman activity. Although no where near the amount of heroes that blatantly roam the streets of today, the ones that did choose to make themselves known were something to take note of.

Heroes were different in the Golden Age. They reflected the simpler life styles and cleaner moral code that dictated the time. Men were gentlemen and women were ladies, children minded the adults and not just their parents but any elder, this same modestly also reflected into the newly forged community of extraordinary heroes. Although many were extremely secretive due to the perceived negative reaction of the very society they protected, others saw no need to hide in the shadows, as they had yet to learn the necessity of secret identifies.

Supervillians also started to appear around this time as well. They were not the well rounded maniacal geniuses that we know today, but they still they found ways to wreak havoc on the peace of the world. The difference was a far more civilized way to go about their nefarious deeds. Many weren't even viewed as villains, but instead eccentric socialites that were more misunderstood than actually evil, this was most likely a result of the very real emergence of normal human villainy around the world. Real life villains like: Hitler, Musilini, and the devious Emperor of Japan loomed on the horizon.

As it was the dawn of Supermen, powers weren't as fancy as they are today. This is not to say that they weren't extraordinarily, but in those days the word simply reflected a simpler idealism. Many were no more than motivated detectives with a few fancy gadgets and a knack for mystery. Others displayed actual powers but had humbler origins. We must remember that the big blue suited man with an 'S' on his chest wasn't always so super. Originally he couldn't even fly, he was barely bullet proof, but we all know what he became. And it is this opportunity that I am offering you here. To create Mythos, to craft a hero in the primordial ooze of history and watch him evolve in to classic archetype of tomorrow.

If you choose to accept this endeavor; because you enjoy the topic or want the challenge of heroing in simpler times; You will need to create a b]new[[/b] Golden Age hero/villain (as time travel isn't allowed). He or she must reflect the simple origins and powers of this time frame. This does not mean you shouldn't spend any time on your character creation, no quite the oppisite, because characters are simpler by nature, their personality, origin, history and cast of friends should be that much more fleshed out. The idea being something so clean an perfect that it could stand the test of time(ie superman, batman, lone ranger, the Phantom, the Shadow ect...ect...). Do not under estimate this task, it is far harder than it sounds.

The Setting is London, England shortly before the out break of WWII. Although you don't have to be from England you find yourself here for the beginning of the thread, the reason for which is your own choosing (but make it good). You may be a "Villain" or "Hero" but rarely ever a "Renegade". You can choose to hide your powers or flaunt them, either way society is enamored by the idea. Keep in mind the technology of the time period.

While RPing, you should keep in mind that language was a different animal back then; slang, cussing, and youthanisms were far different than today's standards. This also reflects on all interactions in society, people were far more respectful of each other and their privacies. While heroes waltz around destroy city blocks and villains threaten the lives of innocent children, these things were not done during the Golden Age. One had to find more creative solutions to these problems. Banter with a villain wasn't a foregone conclusion, it was permitted for the sole purpose of respecting an advisory. Most importantly I would like to state that I want this thread to reflect your absolute best writing. I want elaboration and for characters; PC or NPC to be fully fleshed out and as real as possible. I abhor the common plaque of the disembodied voice (unless you are an invisible man) If you are writing dialog, I want you to fill the empty spaces with character actions, movement, and thoughts. Write inner monologue, Sherlock Holmes pontificates in a constant stream while conversing , I want the same from you. Most importantly I want you to have fun, this is a great opportunity to experience this genre in another light.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Spartan
Golden Age Heroes  SpartanPG

The Samaritan
Golden Age Heroes  Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Golden Age Heroes  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 391
Job : Tattoo Artist/professional writer
Humor : smart
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Golden Age Heroes  Empty Re: Golden Age Heroes

Post by Slamfist December 12th 2010, 10:15 pm

This needs to go in OCC Roleplay since it's obviously not a part of the main continuum.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 12th 2010, 10:22 pm

Technically I made it so, Young tobais shall make an entrance.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Golden Age Heroes  Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist December 12th 2010, 10:32 pm

Still needs to be in OOC Roleplay. Nothing against the thread, seems like a good idea and I'd join if not for the stupid amount of characters I already have. It's just this happens roughly 90 years before our current point in time, taking into consideration we've already had a 10 year and 4 year skip. This doesn't fit with the main continuum in that respect. But as I typed this I realized I have 2 characters that have been around since practically the dawn of man so I might use Shamgarel or Tyr.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 12th 2010, 10:33 pm

I found out, that tobais would not been be born here, either litterally 2010-43=1967

or SHRPG terms: 2024-43=1981

Nope

/idea

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter December 13th 2010, 1:42 pm

Well don't let that stop you guys, if it's in OCC then you can have a separate character anyway without it affecting the normal world.

The Spartan

The Samaritan

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Golden Age Heroes  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 December 13th 2010, 3:35 pm

If I had more time, I would be all over this. Golden Age heroes were the epitome of heroes. You never saw the "Good Guys" shooting robbers in the head (Araska... /stare) or being unfair. No matter what villainry or dastardly deeds those toungue-in-cheek criminals committed, the heroes remained steadfast in their moral stances. When Superman captured Hitler and Stalin, he made sure they were not harmed, and delivered them to the UN for proper trial. He didnt just squish them- no matter how much we would have enjoyed the show.

I'm glad to see that there is still an appreciation for the classics that made this genre great. And, might I add, this was very well written in itself. I would be more than willing to grant XP for anyone who could meet and complete this call-to-arms, treating it as if it were listed under the quest section. Because (like you mentioned), this is no small feat to scoff at. If no one else can rise to the occasion and take up the mantle, then I would certainly desire to return when my schedule is a little more lenient. Until then: Good luck, good Coffin.

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult December 13th 2010, 3:43 pm

I would not mind bringing back an ex-hero for this. Perhaps Liason, and I agree with Keil on the XP thing, hell maybe that will bring others into joining this.

Golden Age Heroes  Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex December 13th 2010, 3:51 pm

This is the Epitome of the Hero's right here, Man i wish i had a character for back then. Real respect Coffin for thinking up a Tome for the Hero's of the Golden Ages.

http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t1717-onyx-titan#32989
Rex
Rex
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 13th 2010, 4:00 pm

FUCK THE LOGIC

YOUNG TOBAIS AT TWELVE

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 7:36 pm

Sweet, very young Nightkill.

His technology would have sucked, and his personality would be so different you could barely relate him to the current one.

But he'd be Nightkill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter December 13th 2010, 8:12 pm

Alright Night....if you want to join I will allow it...but you had better come with your best writing....no 2 line posts..that shit ain't gonna play. No floating disembodied voices for dialog. If you want to post here in better be your absolute best fictional narrative. Or beleive you and me I will call you on it. Also...Was nightkill alive in 1935 and in England>? If you do choose to join it had better not be in it for the experience Kel offer alone. I want an memorable mythos created, no half assing allowed. I am not singling you out...this goes for everybody. If You don't know what the term"Golden Age"Implies don't bother joining....I will be watching!

The Spartan

The Samaritan

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Golden Age Heroes  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash December 13th 2010, 9:20 pm

I dont actually gonna be a golden age hero simply because Tobais is not your (Insert fanfare here) generic superhero, But I will play him as his history correlates. In fact, He might not even have any superpowers at this point, All I am saying is I will use him at the extent of my RP skills (Btw, when do I not?) Will this be acceptable?

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist December 13th 2010, 10:02 pm

I think the experience should go to one character on the person's account. The Golden Age heroes are fine and all but if I join, it will be with a character I'd only use here.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter December 13th 2010, 10:26 pm

Thank you toby...that would be cool...i would also give you the oppertunity to explore your characters origins and what made him the meta human he is today

The Spartan

The Samaritan

Tesla\\\'s Doll
Golden Age Heroes  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top