The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Echo Howl (done) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Echo Howl (done) I_vote_lcapEcho Howl (done) I_voting_barEcho Howl (done) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Echo Howl (done) I_vote_lcapEcho Howl (done) I_voting_barEcho Howl (done) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Echo Howl (done)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Echo Howl (done) Empty Echo Howl (done)

Post by Echo November 23rd 2010, 5:17 pm

Echo Howl
Not Batgirl

Echo who does not want to be special. Echo who does not want to be abnormal. She isn't who you want her to be- she isn't a superhero. She isn't who she wants to be- she isn't normal. But she's working on it- on both. Maybe one day she can be a force for good. Maybe she'll be a force for evil. She hasn't decided yet and still suffers from the delusion that she won't have to pick sides...

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Echo Howl
Title: Not Batgirl
Alignment: Neutral/Lawful Neutral
Race: 99.8% Human. .2% Bat
Hair: Black
Eyes: Milky blue and sightless
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 97 lbs
Blood type: A+

In The Mirror...

Echo's usual ensemble consists of whatever she owns. Mostly blacks and greys, since she doesn't detect colour with echolocation at all (in fact, she has to ask what colour things are) and she doesn't like to attract attention. You can find her face... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] But with a few modifications:
She has pointed teeth and pointed ears, which are also rather large (think Hylian if you need an example).

The Biography...

Personality:Echo is a considerably paranoid escapist- she minds her own business and stays out of trouble. She doesn't get in the way, she sticks to the shadows and the background. She only saves people she thinks she must and only if it is completely safe for her to do so. She is mildly afraid of large open spaces. She hates to be touched, as it messes with her senses. She is constantly memorizing exits and making escape plans due to her paranoia. She can't see, so she uses her nose, touch, and ears. Her blindness results in noises being louder, gentile caresses being harsher, and smells being stronger. Essentially heightened senses, aside from her sight. Echo is also extremely flighty. She runs from commitment, pain, and (usually) her past. So the increase in intensity combined with her personality makes it hard for her to get close to anyone. Echo literally grinds her pointed teeth at the slightest touch or any implication of an even slightly binding contract.

Echo isn't crazy, just... tormented. She can be kind and gentile if she knows and trusts a person, but she has guarded herself and is always very suspicious, so it takes impressive acts to earn her trust. Echo's flightiness causes her to move around more often than usual, she's lived all over the south and even lived in Mexico for a while. Echo has an impressive talent for figuring people out, because she has spent a lot of time being careful and paranoid. She can't speak, the only sounds she can make are her echolocation frequencies.

History: Echo was "created" in one of Nightkill's labs where they were messing with human DNA. She was lucky enough to survive, but unlucky enough to be... extremely different. Her ears and teeth are pointed, her voice messed up due to her echolocation, her eyes useless. Blind. She'd been the first to have her eyes operated on. It was supposed to fix her nearsightedness as well as make her able to zoom in and out on things. All it did was make it so she could throw away her already very strong glasses and twitter away in order to see.

Echo Escaped at 16, paranoid, hungry, and ignorant. She had no knowledge of the outside world. She didn't wish to go back, of course, but sometimes she found herself wanting for the constant 68 degrees that the laboratory was held at. Echo tried living in the north for a while, but found that she was ill-suited for any kind of cold weather. At 18 she'd traveled from South Carolina, to Illinois, to Tennessee, to Texas, all the way into Mexico- and that's only a few of the places she ended up traveling to and from.

Echo lived in Mexico a while, eventually moving to New Mexico where she found a smallish town neatly tucked away in the highland valleys. She lived there until she was 21, when she began to work her way north eastward, headed to Kansas and the "flat, fluttering grassland" she'd been told about. She left in the night for fear that someone would try to hug her. She's still very paranoid and afraid, but is steadily becoming braver and developing a sense of justice, though it is rather warped in places. She believes strongly in the death penalty.

In Herself...

Echolocation: Earning her the title she hates, "bat-girl". She uses sound to "see" It bounces off of objects and comes back to her, depth and height come from the timing. She doesn't see definition well, nor can she see colours at all.

Bird Bones: Echo's bones are light enough to make her able to jump pretty high. They are porous, like a bird's, rather than being dense and hard, like a humans. because of this modification, she is much easier to break, which is unfortunate. They allow her to do a great many things, though, and are useful for a quick getaway.

Devilish Quick: Echo is very light on her feet and extremely good at evasive techniques. She is also impressively fast, clocked at up to 200 mph, and uses this to her full advantage, preferring to evade rather than attack.

Strength: General meta-human strength. A harder punch, stronger legs, etc. The general "above-average" muscular capabilities.

Grid
Intelligence: 5
Occult: 0
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Durability: 5
Ability: 1
Fighting Skills: 5
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 1
Wealth: 1
(Used: 30/30)

Last edited by Echo on March 8th 2013, 9:47 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Edits for current site rules.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ECHO'S SONG: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 389
Job : Farm hand
Humor : Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon...
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Echo Howl (done) Empty Re: Echo Howl (done)

Post by Guest November 23rd 2010, 5:21 pm

The personality should also have regular words. I'm a TV Troper, but not everyone is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist November 24th 2010, 4:15 pm

If you do feel the need, link each to the appropriate page.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo November 26th 2010, 10:25 am

mehhhhhh..... I'll make the pictures links... And Nightkill: Did you not see the "not done" in the title?! XD

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 26th 2010, 10:16 pm

Oh, I saw it. Just said the actual personality shouldn't be tropes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo November 29th 2010, 8:32 pm

lol okay. Is it okay for her to have been made in one of Nightkill's labs?

Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 29th 2010, 8:34 pm

Sounds good to me. Nightkill is bordering seventy years old (he looks thirty-ish), so it seems realistic he would have creations that old.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo November 29th 2010, 8:40 pm

Very Happy YAY! Now it can be labeled as "done!" XD

Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizer November 29th 2010, 9:29 pm

Max ride huh? I remember reading the first book in that series a while back in high school.

Kizer
Kizer
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 30th 2010, 12:05 am

(Stares)

(Facepalms)

I should have seen it... Riley and her friends are obbessed with that series.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizer November 30th 2010, 12:37 am

eh, I didn't like it enough to read any of the other books, but it wasn't bad, I guess.

Kizer
Kizer
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo December 1st 2010, 6:16 pm

Nightkill wrote:(Stares)

(Facepalms)

I should have seen it... Riley and her friends are obbessed with that series.

lol, how did you NOT see it?!

Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo December 6th 2010, 6:13 pm

Ah-HEM... admin PLz?

Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2010, 7:43 pm

Approved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 8th 2013, 8:40 pm

Unapproved for edits

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top