The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Warden
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» The Most Dangerous Game
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTheatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_voting_barTheatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTheatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_voting_barTheatre of the Mind - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Theatre of the Mind

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 Empty Re: Theatre of the Mind

Post by Demonhunter June 14th 2023, 5:33 pm

Rai didn’t understand the majority of what was said… or even Molly for that matter. Neither of them knew what a cornea was. But whatever it was must be the reason they could see the way they did. However something changed the moment internal turmoil was introduced to the doctor, suddenly he had both of their undivided attention like cats watching some kind of toy. Laser focused on the twitching of the shape of the inky blackness. Inner emotions, not quite as secure as one would think.

“Oh. That actually makes sense.” Rai confirmed about the black hole thing. In her mind it only served to intrigue her. How could a hole of nothing have enough of a soul to keep him running? She just thought it was a strange color so far. “The black hole thing, not the colors thing. But three colors is more than I have.”

Rai perks as instructions were sent her way. A week from now, same time. Got it. Oh boy. Payment. “Ah, yes I got it.” Molly stands, retreiving Damballa’s glass figurine. Rai blinks, glancing to Molly. “No. Outside.” Rai orders pointing to the door. “Humans don’t like horses inside.” Molly freezes, deflating before going back out the door he came from, glass figurine clutched to hit pavement the moment he was outside. Rai crossing her arms with a smirk. “You’re welcome, I just saved your floors.” In her own opinion, this was why dirt floors were just better. You didn’t have to worry about the mess.

The hellish squealing of a horse thundering through dimensions sounds from outside as Rai sits oddly in the couch rather than standing as Molly returns with a large burlap sack that he drops down to the floor by the doctor’s desk. Full to the brim with quarters. “Two thousand of them. How many you need?”

Rai sighs. She knew this technically was human currency, as Cebra explained, it was different. “Molly he means the paper or the little card things.”

“Those aren’t currency though. Paper can’t be currency, it burns.” Molly justifies, arms crossed with a pout.

“No. humans don’t like carrying big bags of quarters. They’re currency, but nobody uses them.” Rai explains, moving to unlace her boot. “They count, but they don’t.” She adds before removing a golden piece from her boot. It was large, about the size of a silver dollar and solid gold. She sets it on the doctor’s desk. On one side a side profile of a pope undocumented by this world. A Pope Clement III, a name that had been used before in this world’s line of popes, but the image definitely wasn’t him. The other side has a religious insignia and a light impression in the metal, making it thin along four lines, as if it were meant to be broken apart into ‘quarters’. “I’ve been told that Dis’s Florin is worth more than the currency here. I only have one, but if I need another I might be able to go get one.”

Demonhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2020-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity November 20th 2023, 4:56 pm

A glass figuri-HORSE? If you bring that beast in here I will drop you faster than Eminem drops a bar you motherfu-"Yes-thank you Rai." He replied with a kind smile, truly thankful to not deal with a horse. He looked incredibly confused, staring at the figurine. Was that bastard about to unleash a horse in here!?

As Rai began to reach down towards her boot, The doctor couldn’t help but step back slightly, shifting his body a bit as he reached for the chair behind him. Betrayal was never anticipated, that’s what made it effective. But if you could position yourself ever so carefully, then a timely escape could always be made. The trick was to always make it seem natural, like you were reaching for a pen, or towards a drawer. Eventually your body and mind will react on auto-pilot, placing you in the most advantageous escape route possible from the most inane stimuli.

He looked curious at the small gold coin that the Reaver had then produced. The size of it was unimpressive, though he noticed the slightest glint of gold when contrasted against her pale flesh. Porcelain and Gold shifted in his direction as he tilted his head, looking to her and then reaching out to look over the coin. He reached up and then paused, looking to her as if silently asking her to look the coin over. He wasn’t a jeweler by any stretch of the imagination, but he did know that in the United States that the purity of gold must- Oh- of course it’s some form of religious figure. Well that would explain the lack of stamping. How could he test the purity of gold? He had an idea…

“Magnets will tell us some information.” He stated as he stood up and set the coin on his desk. Walking over to the back wall, he would shift a book and reach behind it. With a some grunting he managed to unlock the compartment and swing the bookshelf open. From there he reached into the small six-by-six space and began to rummage through a duffle bag. What he removed from it appeared to be some sort of demonic looking hand, clad in thick black metal that seemed to radiate with a twisted magnetic spectrum. Without hesitation the doctor seemed to force his hand inside and walked over and held his hand out. His pen flew from the desk, but nothing else…

roughly 27 grams. If this is 24 karats then that means this crazy bitch is just causally carrying around a $2,000 coin... and all he is carrying around is quarters. He let out a slight sigh as he removed the gauntlet. Clearing his throat he walked over and sat down at the table once more, leaving the gauntlet to sit on the desk’s top.  “That is an interesting coin, to say the least. This will suffice for payment of course, but  I would suggest that you gain another one if possible, then allow me to help you all with setting up some finances to help you better operate in this world… Or perhaps I can get someone to teach you ways to hoard your coins. There are plenty of dragons who would find you quite fascinating, Mr.Molly.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Theatre of the Mind - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonhunter November 20th 2023, 5:29 pm

The statement that the doctor wanted them to retrieve him another coin had Rai biting her lip. They’d need to get another meaning Rai would have to brave Dis again. “I can go get another when we need to.” Molly pipes up as she stares at him.

“You can’t go back. If they see you, they’ll burn you for abandoning your post.” Her tail lashes as she sits up straighter.

“You worry about you. I’ll be fine. I’ll be back with the coin. You just stay with the doctor and get better.” Molly stands with a list stretch. “I’ll be back in a few hours.” The reaver shakes his head giving a light wave wasting no time leaving through the door he demolished on the way in. Leaving a now silently panicking Rai. Her tail lashes around before suddenly stiffening with pain and falling limp in her lap. Her ears twitch as she shifts against the couch.

“Um… Well.” Rai huffs just trying to move on from Mollys sudden and awkward abandonment. “Helping me with finances sounds good but I don’t really buy anything. I kind of don’t have to.” Rai gives a shrug. “I really don’t understand it here but I do know that I have been doing alright without it.” Albeit most of her lack of struggle was likely because she did not need most human necessities like a roof over her head or food… or sleep at all. All of those were a luxury she never knew before all this. She taps her fingers on the book just trying to fill the time.

“So. I guess now we… talk?” She assumed that was how this worked. He talked, she listened, she got better?
Demonhunter
Demonhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2020-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top