The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_vote_lcapJonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_voting_barJonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_vote_lcapJonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_voting_barJonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer Empty Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer

Post by Jotan June 17th 2021, 2:58 pm

The Dreamer

"My Dreams are not Nightmares, not at all. My Dreams are beauty in it’s purest form. That is my task. To preserve beauty and protect it from the Chaos of Nightmares. And I will do anything for that."

The Bio

Hero Name:The Dreamer
Title: He Who Sleeps, He who fights with his eyes closed
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human with Dream Connection
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 1,5 metres
Weight: 63 kilograms
Blood type: AB+

The Looks

Jonathan is noticeably short and slender, being classified as a ‘runt’ by most people he ever met. This build came in handy for him, it’s agility enabling him to pull of stunts that would fail with a heavier frame. He is described as having an otherworldly look on his face, as if he is permanently daydreaming. He has green, hazy eyes and black hair, in which he dyes a bright blue streak.

The Personality

Jonathan is always somewhat absent, with a strong tendency to daydream. He loves nature and enjoys everything he deems ‘beautiful’, which ranges from minimalistic paintings to the running of a horse. He is slow and wary to make friends, but builds a strong bond with them when he does. Still, he prefers to do his work solo, and has a hard time asking for help. He also has a deep friendship with his horse, Diamant, a black mare with a diamond-shaped marking on her shoulder.

Jonathan, having been fed up in a circus, can be a little vain and extravagant at times. He is a showman who knows how to play with the public, and doesn’t like boundaries. He often states that he is ‘free’.

The Story

Jonathan was born to unknown biological parents, who rejected him for equally unknown reasons. He was adopted by Andreas van Houten, a circus director. He grew up with Andreas and his daughter, Edel van Houten, who was born around the same time as he was. They grew up in the circus, travelling and acting from a very young age. At age seven, they devised their own act, which was called the Chronicles of Night and Day. It was a complex combination of acrobatics, horseback stunts and choreography. It soon became a succes, and was widely spoken of.
It changed when Andreas retired at age 67. The little family left the circus to Andreas’s successor and settled in the Belgian city of Turnhout. It was during these times that Jonathan started having very intense and vivid dreams. He couldn’t figure them out, and intensely studied literature on the subject for a while. After reading a vague journal about the ‘Dream Dimension’ and it’s ‘Connections’ he decided it was his best bet. During his following dream, he confronted the Dimension, and got answer in form of a humanoid creature calling itself the ‘Weaver of Dreams’. It explained the Dream Dimension, it’s goals of protecting beauty, it’s ambassadors on Earth called the ‘Dreamers’ and the fact that the last one had perished. It explained that Jonathan had been found worthy of being her successor. Initially, Jonathan was skeptic. It seemed to strange to be true. But a few days later he had a massive turn of demeanour, when he discovered he stayed conscious while sleeping. He started experimenting with the other powers the Weaver had described. It did not take long to discover it was true. He picked up the tasks of the Dreamer, creating a suit and an identity to protect beauty from chaos.

The Powers

Dream-sense: Jonathan uses a level of clairvoyance to fight while sleeping. Because he is actually blind in his Dreamer-state, he has a new sense to replace sight. He has a very good awareness of his surroundings, sensing all matter and movement in a 30-feet radius, ignoring obstacles. He can acces information in the mind of any sentient being he has physical contact too, with the amount of information increasing the longer he retains contact.(permission-based)

illusion-control: Dreamer can create illusions which are nigh impossible to recognise without physical contact. They are limited to sight and hearing, but are very realistic in those aspects.

The Weaknesses

psychic powers: any individual who has psychic powers can short-circuit the illusion powers and clairvoyance, rendering Dreamer powerless.

sleep: Dreamer’s powers are limited to the times he sleeps. When he sleeps, he stays conscious, his body entering a sleepwalking state, moving as if Jonathan was still awake. He has been experimenting with sleeping pills, but has had little succes yet.

limited range: Jonathan’s Dream-sense has a range limited to 30 feet, and he can’t see anything beëindigd that distance.

The Items

None

The Minions

Diamant, a black mare who is his main means of transportation

The Fluff

None

The RP Sample

The Dreamer rode through the streets, standing straight and stock-still on the back of his horse, not moving. He had spread his arms wide, as wings, to maintain his balance. He had picked up faint thoughts of chaos and destruction. Even now he felt them pressing against his thoughts, buzzing silently. He tapped Diamant’s back with his foot, directing her towards the dark sensations.

After a while, he directed his horse to stop. He slid of, and walked by himself for the last few streets. His face highlighted by street fires, he looked upon the sight in front of him. A crowd, yelling and making a lot of noise. They were throwing stones, and setting flame to various cars. He shook his head, dissatisfied. How could humans be this…ignorant! He thought for several moments, before a dreamy smile reached his face. He focused. Suddenly the crowd stopped everything, looking in awe at one point, next to a flaming garbage can. To them, a huge explosion of colours, light and music had just taken place. A spectacular show took place, blinding the onlookers. The colours gathered into a figure, and the music formed a voice. The crowd scattered, running in several directions, riot forgotten. The Dreamer  smiled. Problem solved. Superheroing was going wel so far!

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Jotan on June 18th 2021, 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Jotan
Jotan

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-06-17

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer Empty Re: Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer

Post by Chellizard June 17th 2021, 11:16 pm

Jotan wrote:clairvoyance: The Dreamer uses a level of clairvoyance to fight while sleeping. While not able too see the future, he can read minds, sense the surroundings and has full access to all information in the mind of all others.

illusion-control: Dreamer can effortlessly create any illusion he can think of, with it being completely faultless and unrecognisable as an illusion. It is not limited to sight, but to all senses, including infrared and other senses humans don’t have. It is even possible to climb said illusion.

------

psychic powers: any individual who has psychic powers can short-circuit the illusion powers and clairvoyance, rendering Dreamer powerless.

sleep: Dreamer’s powers are limited to the times he sleeps. He can only use them if he’s asleep, and though waking him up is neer impossible, it is always useful to strike at day. Jonathan has been experimenting with sleeping pills, but has had little succes yet.

Your first power is three powers wrapped into one. In this regard, you would need 2 more weaknesses to balance this power. Also, reading minds and knowing all information in someone's mind is meta-gaming, even as a power. This would need to be a permission based power, and I feel it would make more sense if the longer your character held physical contact with someone, the more of their thoughts and mind they could unlock and see. Just being able to from any distance, even while only being asleep, is just too powerful in my opinion.

Your second power is near reality manipulation in the way you have explained it. To give an example of a proper weakness, I will link her application.

Also, when you mention that your character must be asleep to use the powers, how far is the proximity that your character can be from their sleeping body?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Jonathan Van Houten/The Dreamer JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jotan June 18th 2021, 3:31 am

Replaced clairvoyance with Dream-sense. Edited illusion-control and added weakness.
Jotan
Jotan

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top