The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking Empty Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking

Post by Arcana January 12th 2021, 7:37 pm

Sean couldn’t shake the annoyance with the attack on his home but then again that was just the first of many annoyances of the day.  Not even minutes afterwards Mike ended up texting him, doing his usual teasing way of interacting with him. As soon as he pressed the button they were in Chicago, much like Andrew said though he felt a little nauseous from the process. ”Next time I just make a portal,” He muttered, feeling the burger in his stomach roiling as if it wanted to come up though he didn’t feel anything beyond discomfort. The city felt windy as ever, though it was painted with so many memories he couldn’t help smiling despite the chilling winds. New York and this place just happened to have certain qualities he couldn’t hate.

He had to think of how long ago he was in the city, though something told him not too long ago. When he was last in contact with the Hale family was another story entirely. He wondered if the cities wards covered teleportation that wasn’t mana base in nature. It was possible, but he didn’t think too much on that. Interacting with his ex wasn’t something he wanted to do either, though luckily that wasn’t in the cards. The politics of the magical world were just not something he had to deal with these days, aside from occasionally dealing with things no one else wanted to. ”So, we go any idea where we’re going?” He questioned, turning to Patriot and then shrugging. ”well I got her phone number so I can work with that,”

Realizing he made things that could have been easy difficult with his own forgetfulness, Sean pulled out his cellphone and scrolled through the contacts he did have. Granted most of them were his family, and a few friends. Mostly just Brandon Hale, who he managed to somehow keep friendly with despite all things. Considering he was walking example of a golden retriever that made sense. Punching in he number he called his old friend and just waited for Tyuki to answer.

”Hey Tyuki, I happen to be in Chicago and was wondering if you wanted to hang out or whatever,” He questioned, putting on that Sean way of talking he always did. Even if his friend were some kind of Pop Star that didn’t really change anything. Was she a rock star? He’d have to ask Silus who was likely more knowledgeable about that kind of thing. ”got a friend with me so hope you don’t mind that. Don’t worry, it’s not a big deal or anything like that. I’ll let you pick the place and we can meet there. Silus still needs some of that autographed merch afterall,” He chuckled at that, hanging up after he was given where the girl wanted to meet and working from there. Hopefully things didn’t go bad, granted he didn’t know if there was bad blood or anything like that.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking Empty Re: Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking

Post by Andrew January 12th 2021, 9:14 pm

The city of Angels to the Windy City. In Andrew's opinion he didn't think much of Chicago. It smelled like New York threw up, usually on the south side. More likely to get robbed than get directions. Luckily they ended up Near Wrigley field. Home of the stupid Cubs. Sean looked a little pale but his color quickly recovering. He noted his friends dislike for teleportation.

Anyways, while Sean pulled out his phone to call Tyuki it was another stab at an already tender wound. Andrew didn't have her phone number anymore. Sean referred to him as a friend but he wasn't certain Tyuki even remembered being friends. He held his tongue and let his brother finish the conversation.

"Guess I'll be following you. Before we meet up with her. Alba wiped her mind. I'm not sure what she does remember but I know for certain she DOESN'T remember ever having romance with me. I may be a little quiet at first. I really never thought I'd see her again. Plus she's got that new boyfriend. Best to let her show her hand to us about what she remembers and go from there."

With his backpack and Costume inside it. He walked the streets in his normal clothes. Something he was still getting used to. He honestly at this point felt more comfortable in the Patriot gear than his current clothing. The air whipped his face but it didn't make him feel cold. He was always naturally warm. Some might even say a little extra warm tonight. People were walking around in winter coats and Andrew had on a black V neck t shirt, blue stonewashed jeans, and black and white Vans. Not your typical winter gear.

A man came running towards him with a gun. "YOUR MONEY"
Andrew literally laughed at the guy and then remembered Sean wasn't bulletproof. The man realized after looking up at The Patriots face what he got himself into. "You're supposed to be in New York!" the man yelled flailing around with his handgun.

The people on the streets trying to take cover behind cars, busses, whatever they could find.

"Look, pal. I'm having a real bad day. I have the feeling it's going to get more difficult as the night progresses. So how about you give me the gun and go home?"

The man put his head down. Embarrassed. "I was just trying to feed my..."
Andrew handed the man a fifty dollar bill. "Then just ask. Go feed your family. There's no shame in asking for a little bit of help." Andrew took the gun from the man and melted it to a puddle of liquid on the ground.

"So let's get going...again" the hero looked to Sean while the people on the street looked around at each other uncertain how to respond to the situation.

Andrew followed his best friend to the location agreed upon. "Take a deep breath. She doesn't know. It's not her fault. Keep it together." he repeated in his head. Hoping the boyfriend wasn't there to kick this night in the face a little harder.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking Empty Re: Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking

Post by Chellizard January 13th 2021, 1:25 pm

"Yeah, yeah, I won't forget to lock the door this time Uncle Nate," she said, rolling her eyes in annoyance. It was one time. ONE TIME! She was in a hurry, and it wasn't like they had anything top secret at the apartment anyway. Besides Wick. But, who would want an annoying talking gun anyway?

She was sitting in a small two bedroom apartment that her Uncle Nathaniel owned. The walls were a pale grey, and most of the furniture was in some form of monochromatic theme. The kitchen and living rooms were attached, and there was a small dining table with two chairs. It was split plan, so her room was on the opposite side, while the door to her Uncle's room was through the kitchen. It was hard for her to sneak in there for late night snacks without waking him up when he was home.

"I know, Ty, but I just need you to be more careful. Not for me, but for you. I'm going to be stuck in Jerusalem for a few more days - something regarding a demon attack on a sinagog - but I left one of the credit cards on the counter for food, and there should be plenty of drinks in the fridge," the voice on the other end of the phone was full of worry, and just this deeply engrained form of exhaustion.

Moving the phone from her left shoulder to her right shoulder, she pinned it there with her ear.

"Sure," she responded, opening the fridge to reveal bottle waters, canned soda, beer, a few other fancy bottles of liquid that may or may not have been glowing slightly, and then the other usual fridge stuff. The freezer was packed with ice cream, and frozen microwavable meals. You could tell that Nathaniel was a single bachelor.

"Let me let you go," Nathaniel said, ending their conversation with a click.

Tyuki freed her neck from the craned position and closed the freezer, sauntering back into the living room. She had no plans again today. She had already hung out with Sammy earlier this week, and had an excellent adventure with him. She was sure there was going to be some repercussion's in their future from Dreamweaver. But, that is future Tyuki's problem.

Her phone rang again, but this time it was Sean's ring tone.

♫ Send you my love on a wire~ ♫

Tyuki bobbed her head, letting the song play for a few moments before scrambling to accept the call.

"SEAN! I cannot believe you're in Chicago!!! Yes, please. Let's meet. The last thing I did today was stare at the wall for fifteen minutes straight, and I cannot sit in this house any longer. Nate said I need to be more careful, but I need to punch something --" her voice was projecting with such excitement, it was likely heard by anyone in close proximity to Sean.

"Oh! Did you need me to bring stuff for Silus? And friend? Do I need to wear a disguise? Are they are a fan? Should I bring something for them?" Tyuki was already putting on her shoes and trying to find her bag while she spoke, the sound of things being knocked over being heard through the phone.

She ended their conversation with a very enthusiastic 'See you soon!' and slid her phone into her bag. It was a small black backpack with straps made of faux leather. It had been a PR gift for her band - the other girls got matching bags of differing colors. Red for Kyrie, Canary yellow for Bonnie, and Pink for Yui.

Grabbing a baseball cap from the hat rack, she popped it on, the rim of the hat hiding her face a bit more. Her pure black roots were a huge contrast to the honey blonde hair that fell around her face. It made her usual bright emerald hues a soft pale green. It was like something was missing. A spark.

--

The location was the same little café that she had met Sammy at. The brioche breakfast sandwiches were still fresh in her mind from earlier that week, and she had her Uncle's credit card. She was going to get that, and a large ice coffee. Today was going to be great!

She had already ordered her food and was sitting at the corner booth table, which was actually shaped in a half circle, and she sat in the center so she could see the entire café and the front doors.

Her eyes lit up when she saw her familiar, short friend Sean come through the doors. The man that came behind of him sent a pang of sadness and pure disbelief through her.

"Sean!" she called, waving from her booth. She had on sunglasses, and she was glad she chose to wear them because hot salty tears had began to well up in her eyes.

She had seen the news - Andrew was dead. Her friend was killed on their last mission in Canada. It had taken her a literal year to recover mentally from that battle. She lost her friend, her leader, and one of the only people that didn't judge her or chastise her.

She scooted herself around the booth and stood up. She was a few inches taller than Sean, but much shorter than Andrew.

A single sob escaped her and she felt her knees buckle.

Was this real?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Shine a light in the darkness; A Girl Alive and Kicking JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana January 13th 2021, 6:28 pm

They were supposed to meet at a café, which was fine with Sean. They always had those nice coffee drinks he liked to share occasionally with Silus and Mike when they had the chance to spend time together. His youngest tended to share Zell’s love of chai, though he didn’t blame them. That stuff was pretty good. ”New boyfriend? Oh yeah, she does have one doesn’t she?” He questioned, stroking as chin as if left out of the loop himself. Alba wiping her memory wasn’t something he knew, though that was good. Sounded like he needed a talk with the dictator at some point, mostly about the ethical implications of manipulating people’s memories. Something about that just didn’t sit right with him.

He adjusted the strap of his bag, trying to also remember if he had something that Tyuki could autograph. Now that sounded like something that would make his sons day. Kid needed something after all the stuff he tended to go through. Sounded like something Mike should have been doing, not that he was going to go around telling his son what to do. That sounded more like Zell’s domain. He was the in control kind of person anyway. Nearly getting mugged wasn’t on the agenda. Luckily he had a bulletproof kind of guy around, so that was more an annoyance than anything else. The sight of a gun being reduced to nothing more than molten yellow slag was an interesting sight.

He avoided coming close to it either way. How hot was something like that burning anyway. ”Always wonder why the bullets just don’t like explode,” He muttered, letting a small amount of magic channel through the metal and cool it down. His body was still sore from the Soul Stream channel, enough to make even small uses ache but he could continue. One thing learned from living with his family was not to let himself show weakness. Everyone did so much and he couldn’t let himself come off as a liability.

As the two stepped up to the café, Sean as always was the one who was at some point blind to the situation until crying was involved. Blinking a couple times and looking around. ”Ah shit, feels like I’ve caused some problems around here,” He said, running fingers through the back of his hair which was a little shaggy. ”well, since I’ve opened this can of worms we might as well sit down. All you tall people are starting to make me feel self-conscious,” He sighed, everything still sore down to the flesh of his arm he likely needed to apply aloe or something to. Granted he had covered it up with a jacket he pulled from the bottomless satchel, eyeing up a booth and sliding into it with a motion for the other two to join him.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew January 13th 2021, 9:26 pm

A coffee shop? Not only did Andrew not drink coffee or caffeine for that matter. Last time he was in a coffee shop was him smashing in the teeth of a mob boss. Still the place had to smell better than the streets outside.

He watched as Tyuki waived in excitement to see Sean, it was a good thing he developed a poker face , the likes of which even Lucius Alba would be proud of. Good ol' Phoenix would be spilling his guts right about now. That wasn't him. It couldn't be. Not anymore.

As she slid out of the booth, serendipitously shaped like a moon, he saw she was trembling. She did remember something. She was wearing sun glasses but he still could feel when Tyuki was emotional. That type of thing never really goes away.

That's when he opened his mouth. The hardest sentence he had ever uttered. More difficult than looking death in the face. More difficult than slaying dragons with fire.

"H...Hi...It's been a while T..Tyuki. I missed you a lot. I'm really glad to see you're doing well. I'm sorry I never got in touch sooner."

If you were ever curious what a heart shattering sounded like, that was it. His eyes filled with a few tears and turning a tad rad. He ran thumb under each eye and reached out to shake her hand.

Half of him wanted to pull her in for a hug and never let go. The other half was hoping she would come in for a hug. Uncertainty wasn't much a commonplace for the mind the Patriot. This wasn't a villain. No civilian in trouble. No bank being robbed. He was looking into the face of all his past mistakes.

He moved from a handshake to a big hug. In the way that you haven't seen a good friend in a long time.

"You look great. I think it's time we fill you in on the situation at hand, and I promise it's more than an autograph for Silus."

His voice didn't break like before. His face stern and confident. It would be clear to anyone he had grown as a leader. As a man. There was no arrogance or cockiness to him. Straight forward.

He wondered what she would ask first.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 23rd 2021, 5:30 pm

Hot, steaming tears welled up in her eyes, but she fought back, and puffed out her chest. She wasn't going to let him see her so emotional. Not just yet. She wanted to try and keep it together.

'Maybe he did die. What if he was brought back? Either way, you can't cry in front of him. Pull yourself together. You have to, she thought to her self.

Mirroring Andrew, Tyuki was dabbing her own eyes with the collar of her tee shirt, a small sniffle escaping her.

"Lucius said you were dead." Tyuki blurted out, her emotions erupting akin to a volcano that had been laying dormant for decades. She had a few more tears rolling down her cheeks, and as he pulled her from a handshake to a hug, she felt a shiver go down her spine.

The hug was friendly, kind, and familiar. Tyuki was only allowed to enjoy it for a moment, the hidden side effect of Lucius tampering coming to fruition.

As it did, she felt a tingle in her toes and then a sudden wave of nausea overtook her entire person. She felt sick to her stomach, the taste of bile rising in her throat. She made a retching noise, and ripped herself away from him like she couldn't get away fast enough. She coughed and cleared her throat, trying to shake off the feeling.

She staggered backward, grabbing for the edge of the table. She coughed again and grabbed for her glass of water, taking a large gulp. It spilled, splattering down the front of her shirt, dampening her chin to chest. She sat down on the edge of the booth seat and took a deep breath, looking between herself, Sean, and Andrew with shock and horror.

"I.. I.. what the hell?" she cleared her throat again, and took another drink of water, using a napkin to dab her face.

She would lean back in the booth seat, closer to where Sean was sitting. It had been so long since she had been around her childhood friends. She felt safe, but she was a bit shocked from what had happened just now.

So shocked, in fact, that she had forgotten the last thing that Andrew had even said.

Last edited by Chellizard on January 24th 2021, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed spelling error.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana January 23rd 2021, 6:54 pm

Between a rock and a hard place. Sean somehow felt like he was in that situation right now, resting the palm of one of his hands against his forehead and letting out a low sigh. Now thinking on it, this was likely not something he wanted to deal with either. The last time they were together, Lucius had managed to cause quite the damage to their little ragtag team. Kidnapping Tyuki, killing Andrew and who knew what else? Hs thoughts raced around his mind like a whirlpool, tumultuous and agitated. It felt like no matter what they were dealing with some kind of villainous assholes trying to ruin their lives, sometimes even succeeding. Last time something this big happened was when imposters looking like them came from another world, causing their share of damage before being sent packing.

”Guess you could say rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated, ” he finally spoke, eyes narrowed and looking down at the table. He quickly turned to Tyuki when the sound of gagging reached his ears,  more confused than anything else.

Was she sick?

It was possible, but then again he didn’t know anything about that. ”What the hell…” He muttered to himself, pushing himself to a standing position with both hands. ”you okay there Tyuki?” He let the aether magic channel through the runes on his left arm, faintly showing through the dark cloth of his hoodie sleeves. All it would take was a touch he imagined to bring relief to whatever malady was plaguing her, though he knew it could only be temporary. Well if it was anything beyond a sickness. The flesh tinged with pain, though nowhere near as bad when he pushed himself.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew January 25th 2021, 4:15 pm

"Lucius says a lot of things. I try not to hold them as law as often as possible."Andrew spoke when Tyuki reminded him about him being dead.
"I'll always keep coming back, I promise. That's what... that's what us three do.. we get back to each other."

Finally on the receiving end of his own mistake's revenge. Tyuki couldn't get away from him fast enough. "Ty, are you ok?!" Andrew let out in concern. His face clearly turning red, and dropping. It's like everything he feared. That brief moment of everything being right. In a flash came the flood. Good thing they were in the back or the public may be confused.

"Let me help with that." Andrew clenched a fist and the water on her shirt started to raise off and become a ball of ice. With a quick clench the saddened man turned that ball into nothing. Gone. At least her shirt was dry.

He sat opposite of Sean and Tyuki arms folded, head facing down. Almost in disbelief Alba would take things to that extreme. "Tyuki we need your help. I'll cut to chase." his voice shaky. Sounding like a man trying to hold back tears. He spent years of torturous training, and somehow this hurt worse.

"There's a storm coming. Worse than Rise. Worse than Holocaust. It's a god. Sean and I have already had the displeasure of meeting the guy. He's powerful. Really powerful. He's got an army. An inner circle. an even closer group of lieutenants, more powerful. He's going to try to create the apocalypse. Talons are gone. So a new response team. Halo. We're coming together to stop this guy. To fight for earth."

Andrew lifted his head and stared Tyuki in the eyes. Serious and still sad, yet more confident. "Tyuki. You've always been among the best of us. Please join the fight. A lot of innocent people are going to get hurt. A lot of pain. WE can't stop that. We can minimize it. We can do the impossible. We've done it before."

Andrew looked at her. Dammit her knew he looked like a puppy dog. He looked over to Sean and shrugged. So far Sean and Zell were his only certain ins. He was hoping Eclipse would join the battle.
"Now while you think about that."
Andrew created ice in her glass, before directing his pointer finger at it to melt it down, enough to be drinkable and cold.
"Maybe take another sip of that."

He took note of touching Tyuki and the response. He made sure to not let this happen again. He stared back down at the table. The look of a defeated man all over his face. However his words had the tone of hope and positivity.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 9th 2021, 1:46 am

Having the world ripped out from under you must feel better than Tyuki felt right in this moment. Her chest ached, her stomach was churning, and her head was spinning. She wretched again, the sudden waves of nausea finally crashing against the shore that was her equilibrium returning to a mild form of normalcy.

"I-I'm g-good-!" she choked out.

A forgiving huff of air passed through her nose as she looked at Andrew. The pain she felt internally all stemmed from having thought she lost her best friend. Lucius' tampering had made her completely forget the romantic feelings she had for him. It was as if they were all locked away in a cage, deep down inside. She didn't know that's why it hurt so bad, no. She had no idea.

Blinking away tears and taking another gulp of her water, she looked up again as Sean's hand came to rest on her shoulder. She felt the surge of aether magic rush through her, calming down the nausea to nonexistent.

A smile washed over her face in response. "Heh, that sure does the trick, bud." She placed her hand on top of his and squeezed in an appreciative manner.

"Oh, thanks," she finally said sniffled as Andrew seemingly drew the water from the front of her tee shirt. She watched as the water molecules formed into drops and then into a sphere of water. It quickly froze over, engulfed with shimmering ice. A perfect little ball of snow.

"Wait... last time I checked you only had control over one element..." she was at a loss for words, and was satisfied to say the least. She watched as it was crushed into vapor, disappearing. Not even a single snowflake remained. The sudden action made her almost flinch.

She sat up in her chair a bit more now, setting her glass on the table. As she did, she turned toward Sean, moving his hand from her shoulder and looping her hand into his, smiling happily. It had been a while since she had seen her friend, and it made her happy.

Seeing Andrew made her happy, too, of course. But he had his mind on other things, as usual. He never knew when to slow down.

Nodding along with his explanation, her hand squeezing Sean's as Andrew continued with his tale. She was careful not to exert too much force, though, considering she would likely crush his hand as a result no doubt.

She swallowed hard, her eyes still red and puffy from her tears only mere moments ago.

"I, uh. wow. Okay! I, it's good to see you too, Andrew!" She laughed a little, another infectious smile erupting across her features.

"You know I'm down to save the world with you, bud. Forever and a day, always." she offered her hand to his as well. Surely a hand shake wouldn't hurt her, would it? That had to be a fluke. Had to be something she ate. Not the hug.

There was no way.

She watched as he made more ice in her glass, showing clear and well that he did have control of another element. She smiled softly at that, and took another sip of her water as instructed.

He always was the one giving orders.

As she did, she had pulled her hand away from Sean's, looking down where they had been previously held at her side. She noticed that he had a burn on his forearm. Furrowing her brows together, she looked at Sean with an almost scowl of disappointment on a mother would have.

"You know I can fix that, right?" she asked, raising a brow, her emerald hues becoming washed out with bright white taking over her entire eye socket, a soft glow emitting from her eyes now.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana February 9th 2021, 6:56 pm

Sean sat there, letting the two get out whatever it was they needed to get out.  This wasn’t his reunion afterall. Even if Lucius had managed to do something to Tyuki to make her vomit at Andrew’s touch, though that was likely not something he could just magic away. At most he could cure the sickness that came from the contact, though that just felt like putting a band aid on the problem. Andrew showed his new ability off and he found his hand in a vice grip, joints straining from the inhuman strength crushing it.

The circumstances were explained to Tyuki, mostly about their looming god problem and how they needed to stop him from ripping off the bible and ending the world. For what reason Sean didn’t care much about. The result was all that mattered and he lived here after all. Well, until Tyuki pointed out his own infirment which was a bit of burning of the flesh around the gold inked runes. ”I’d forgotten about it honestly. Just pushed myself a little too far I guess,” He pulled the sleeve down, biting his lower lip almost self-consciously before sighing and pulling it back up.

The skin was an agitated red, a few blisters already forming from where the magical burning had taken place. ”Shouldn’t worry too much about it though. I’ve got a few things on me to clear this right up,” Channeling raw divine energy through his arm, amplified by an influx of mana was enough to damage his own frail human form. Likely something that Zell would get on his case about, though he was fine with that. Protecting himself and maybe even Mile was something that he cared more about than a few burns. ”something tells me you won’t take that as an answer so feel free to heal away,”

Sean smiled coyly,  feeling the sudden hunger and weakness that came with extensive mana use. Now he needed something to eat to refill those stores. ”but he’s not wrong. We need your help. Looks like the problems a little bigger than before and I’d rather you be on my side here,”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew February 9th 2021, 6:59 pm

There's always something special about having people you care dearly about together. After Tyuik's reaction, Andrew wanted to walk out. His insides hurt. His heart kept breaking more. However she was one of his two best friends left and he needed her help. Maybe she secretly held distain for him dying. Maybe he was just being paranoid.

He could see that he was info dumping into Tyuki's head. "Slow down dude." he skidded to himself before she gave that damn smile. Following up with a joke.

That smile might make the devil himself participate. Patriot couldn't help but join in. "It's.. really really nice to see you, I missed you so much, Ty." he spoke.
As much as words like love and rekindling coursed through his soul like a stream of what could've been. He just smiled. A genuine one, one he hadn't felt in a long time.

"I learned a lot in my time away." Andrew spoke softly swirling some ice around his finger tips before making a rose for each of his friends at the table. "No thorns on mine."

He high fived Tyuki. making sure not to let their fingers lock too long. Truthfully and maybe even a little selfishly unsure of whose benefit it was for. She then called him "bud" and his heart shattered like a cellphone screen on concrete. Bud. BUD?

His eyes quickly shot across the establishment. The same man that tried to rob him earlier was tailing them. He saw the Saved logo on a few of the jackets accompanied by the man. Time almost stood still while his reflexes kicked in.

They were in the motion of pulling out their weapons. A table with 2 small children and their parents were about to get lit up. The Saved always entered in that kind of fashion, it seemed.

Andrew was in front of the guns before they could fire. Moving like a rocket across the cafe.

Before the kid's chocolate chip cookie hit the floor two guns were snapped and Andrew elbowed two of the four men in the face.

The one from earlier went to make a run and the hero froze his feet to the ground. With one man swinging a blade that pierced Patriot he looked and saw magic floating off it. "I really hate your God." Andrew exhaled before leaping and kneeing him in the chin.

He turned back to his team. Surely they had seen what transpired. He lifted the corner of his shirt revealing some deep scars and looked at the hole. He Took his hand and placed it, letting the fire do it's trick and closing the hole. Thank god the potency and cut were tiny or he could've been in trouble.

It was then about 10 or 12 more Saved entered the small shop. Armed to the teeth. Andrew Pettiglio looked at his team and back at the Cult. "Talons engage!" Flew out of his mouth almost like a reflex.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 18th 2021, 2:34 pm

She let her powers free, a warm flowing river being let go from her fingertips. Every nerve in her entire being came to life, burning with love and determination. She let her palm rest gently over Sean's arm, carefully giving him back some of the mana he had bestowed upon her. As she did, the iridescent energy enveloped her hand now, washing over Sean's forearm as a thin sheet. It only took a few flutters of a hummingbird's wings.

"I hope that feels better," she smiled, patting Sean on the arm after she was satisfied.

Turning now back toward Andrew, she saw an opening to let loose her feelings and thoughts.

Tyuki wasn't good at holding back her emotions, and she sure wasn't going to start keeping it all bottled up now. Not when there was an opportunity to let it all come out.

But then the doors were kicked in, and a group of cultists entered the room. Her fight or flight response ignited, both simultaneously, and literally.

A pair of ivory wings, with an opalescent sheen would unfurl behind of Tyuki as Andrew dispatched a few of the cultists that were an immediate threat.

"They're relentless! We can't let the civvies get hurt, c'mon!" she made it an effort to place herself between any crossfire and civilians remaining in the room.

As Tyuki came forward, she brought her hands up, and with them followed long, glowing tendrils of light energy. They whipped out and slashed through any weapons that were nearest to her, completely searing them in half akin to a hot knife and cold butter. She grinned, her feathered wings ruffling with excitement.

"Sean! Watch it!" she called, realizing there was a back entrance to this cafe, and there were more coming in through the back. She had no idea how many there were. She just knew that she didn't want to spill any blood, and she wanted to save as many lives as possible!

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 21st 2021, 4:19 pm

Aether was always a pain to channel. Even when not overexerting himself, he could feel the divine energy trying to take away his entire mana stores rather than what it needed. Still, the ability to heal all wounds as well as even potentially undoing death in the short term was something he wouldn’t want to turn away. Still, the healing flow that washed over his damaged flesh was pleasant in a way that he couldn’t describe. Flightly and ethereal, leaving him smiling as he looked up to Tyuki. ”Thanks, would’ve done it myself but…well the way I do it just doesn’t work that way,” It felt weird to know that he could heal others but not himself, as if the energy just did not appreciate the selfish. Desiring only to give out aid to those around him. Even still, he knew he had his friend to ease his pain, which meant hiding that pain was strange.

Andree shared his own thoughts, but that was when doors were kicked in, shattering class and sending the few people around them into a panic. How often did small cafes like these get robbed by large groups of people afterall? Without even thinking he leapt into a more defensive position, brushing aside his drink and landing on the table in a crouched position within his magic already at the ready.

More broke through the back of the café, brandishing their weapons as if preparing to fire them. Wind gathered beneath him and propelled the minute mage through the air and before the men who raised their weapons. Without even giving them much time to react, he  swept a powerful wave of wind over them and tossed most into the wall with a thump. Caught up within the display of magic was a boom and the sensation of something hitting his shoulder. Not even close to sharp pain, but just the dullest of throbbing. They weren’t knocked out it seemed, but dazed for the briefest of seconds, enough time to melt the barrels of their weapons to slag.

”Could you guys spare me your nihilistic zealotry. I was trying to enjoy a good pastry right here,” He grumbled, feeling over his shoulder and the small hole torn within the shirt. Frayed but dry.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew March 23rd 2021, 1:41 am

And just like that. You can imagine what hit the fan. Though this was par for the course. A moment of absolute bliss followed by a scenario he was thrown into. These men and women were starting to make their way in a little more. Andrew could count maybe 15 with a quick scan of the cafe. The family he was trying to protect running towards the side of the joint as a bullet whizzed by The Patriot, and landed in the middle of the kid who dropped their cookie's back, exiting his front.

"NO!"
Patriot shouted before placing one hand on the table next to him and pushing himself into the air spinning and firing an ice bullet at the chest of the gunman. Knocking him out. The other two heroes had things covered. "Guys! I'm going to try something I've only done once. That kid is gunna die otherwise!" he shouted dashing at the family. He could see a quick flash of Holocaust standing over his family as he saw the kid on the floor gasping for breath.

"Once I do this I'll be outta commission so give em' hell guys!"

The kid was bleeding pretty bad.
"Hey, hey. I'm Andrew Pettiglio. I'm the hero Patriot! I need you to breath a little slower. I promise it's gunna be ok." he said  placing his hand on the wound.
"I..I.." the kid coughed up more blood.
"Shh. I got you. Here. Hold this." he grabbed the chain off his neck.
"This gives you super powers." he placed it in the hand of the kid and held his hand.

The hand touching the wound started to glow a white and gold. The child eyes widening.
"Jesus David, not our little Jake!" the mother buried her face into the chest of the father.
"It's all going to be ok now Jake." the hero continued holding the hand of the kid and felt him squeeze. Some strength coming back a little. "Feel your power bud." Andrew continued. He felt immense pressure in the front of his head and his nose started to bleed. The wound was healing up. A lone shard of the bullet clinking off the floor. "You're doing great." he whispered. Another few seconds and the blood was stopped and the hole was closing. Almost as if it never existed. Andrew quickly covered the family in a ice shield.

He stood up, falling over a table."Good the kid's gunna be fine. I'm going to faint though. I need to help just a little more."
he thought before pushing himself with ice, and throwing a punch that sent a ball of ice into the gut of another gunman. Followed by him dropping to one knee. He pointed at one of the armed thugs "Say goodnight." followed by a beam of ice blasting him to a wall. Of the many he was able to take 3. However he knew his team was capable. The family was safe. "Talons. Win." he crashed forward to the ground.
Ultimately fine, but he'd be out for a little.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 11th 2021, 10:54 pm

As the ambushing foot soldiers trampled through the cafe, and Tyuki's friends fought valiantly beside her, she felt a voice whisper in her left ear. As the words brushed against her ear, chills ran down her spine, the fine hairs on the back of her neck standing on end.

"You keep running from me, Tyuki, but you cannot hide." the voice was sinister, conniving. It felt familiar to Tyuki as well.

She blinked away the sudden feeling of fear, her attention snapping back to reality. As she did, she watched as the cafe started to melt around of them.

"Sean!" Tyuki's hand reached for her friend, her grip tightening around of his the moment he accepted her outstretched hand.

The voice began to laugh, maniacal and cold. The ice blasts that had been from her old friend Patriot, seemed to shatter into plum colored energy. And as the energy dispersed, it seemed to crawl back toward Patriot's limp body. The energy would glitch and become fractures of the plum energy, seemingly breaking off in small particles, creating a sort of aura around of their fallen friend.

Moments before, Patriot was up and talking, as if they had been at their one hundred percent. How could just a few uses of their abilities drain them this quickly..?

Confused, but not wanting to waste any more time, Tyuki would disengage from Patriot, keeping Sean's hand tightly in her own, her wings flexing and preparing to take them out of this adjacent Hell as quickly as possible.

As the plum aura expanded in size and intensity, the reality around of them started to leach away even further. The cafe that they had been in previously became nothing more than a run down building, a thick layer of dust and debris coating everything. The foot soldiers that had been ambushing them turned into puffs of plum energy as well, swirling in hypnotic patterns before chasing off toward Patriot's body.

The crumbling, desolate building had one remaining light, flashing periodically, and hanging haphazardly from the ceiling.

"Tyuki, Sean. It was so much fun getting to play with you and see you up close. You sure have an intimate friendship... I'd hate to destroy it." Even though it was Patriot speaking, the voice had a sort of second tone attached to it. It was feminine, and echoed every word that Patriot spoke.

An evil grin flashed over his face, one of his hands enveloping with ice as the other enveloped with fire.

"Wow, this is fun! I hope you can dodge!" The ice and fire met one another, creating a swirling spear of ice and fire. The spear was organic in shape and nature, no true weapon model being taken. That same plum aura wrapped around of the spear as well.

As Patriot threw one, another was produced in it's place, being thrown over and over.

Tyuki's instinct told her to let go of Sean and dodge left while she pushed him to the right. Hopefully he had a plan on how to stop this rampaging Patriot imposter.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top