The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» The Most Dangerous Game
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

Top posting users this week
Cerek
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_vote_lcapGrovoton's Advancement #1  I_voting_barGrovoton's Advancement #1  I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
Grovoton's Advancement #1  I_vote_lcapGrovoton's Advancement #1  I_voting_barGrovoton's Advancement #1  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Grovoton's Advancement #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grovoton's Advancement #1  Empty Grovoton's Advancement #1

Post by ghost December 14th 2020, 9:56 pm

Item Name: The Celestial Focus

Item Description: The focus is a metallic sphere that has a mind of its own at times. It’s metal is able to shift like liquid giving it a web like appearance on the occasions that it does move, leaving small streams of, seemingly, sticky metal from end to end. In its center is another orb, one of light. This core is made of pure ether. Still under investigation, the metal seems to produce the substance. The focus is usually chrome but has been known to shift to blue or green, or even become a small bright light. These shifts are still being studied and their causes is currently unknown.

Item Power(s):

1. The focus produces a steady amount of Ether, a magical substance that the Vectian's have actually been using for centuries, just under a different name. It powers most of the technology they used, from AI systems to the holographic projection of mater. Grovoton plans to harness as much as possible from this artifact.

2. Seemingly indestructible. Because of it’s magical origin, the metal is ageless and unaffected by time. Things that would make normal metals rust away have no effect on this object. The same would go for heat or cold, the metal does not melt, contract, or expand in anyway perceivable by the human eye.

3. Having an unique connection to the celestial realm the user is able to touch any person and bestow an ability on them. Weather or not this is awakening gifts is not sure, and continues to be studied. [Permission based and only going to be used as a lot tool with Mod permissions.]

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es):

1. With a strike of significant force the focus can become useless for ten minutes. It will sputter an
uncontrolled amount of energy and burn itself out for that time period.

2. Magical fires (Hell fire, dragon fire, fairy fire ect.), because of their properties, can also short the focus if they come into contact. It lasts for as long as it is exposed and ten minutes thereafter. (This is not to say the item can not generate the fire by spell casting, only that its vulnerable when exposed directly.)

3. If hit directly with a laser (or other energy) beam, it will also short the device for ten minutes.

Item/Character Advancement Price: 15xp

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Avatar image: By Ofelia Generated with AI.
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 450
Job : Medical, Navy
Humor : Your mom
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Grovoton's Advancement #1  Empty Re: Grovoton's Advancement #1

Post by Chellizard December 15th 2020, 12:50 pm

From our discussion on the discord, this first Advancement went from 5xp to 15xp due to the complexity of the item, and the potential for such great plot device.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Grovoton's Advancement #1  JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum