The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The King and his Subjects I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
The King and his Subjects I_vote_lcapThe King and his Subjects I_voting_barThe King and his Subjects I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
The King and his Subjects I_vote_lcapThe King and his Subjects I_voting_barThe King and his Subjects I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The King and his Subjects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The King and his Subjects Empty The King and his Subjects

Post by Red August 24th 2018, 11:20 pm

It was, indeed, a very frightful business. These individuals were not to be trifled with. Each with the power to motivate, destroy, and subdue—I was barely in control. I shook. Yes, I shook with fear. Every fiber of me knew I had to stay composed—powerful, but it was a pointless struggle. I would not cooperate. I allowed the nerves to envelop me, and just sat sheepishly on my throne, though it was more akin to a prison now.

My legs twitched. Try as I might have to look them in the eye, and try as I might have to keep stoic, I could not. For the first time in many years, they had become stronger than I, and they knew it. Of course—of course they knew it! They saw my weakness! They saw my quivering limbs, reddened face, and lowered head. There was no preventing that.

A sick, sick smile appeared on the face of the man to my right. Golden armor head to toe, the fierce captain was the first to see he had an opportunity. Like a vulture moving on it's next meal, he stepped closer, and closer still. Towering over me, the vicious knight believed he had already won. This I knew, and this I nearly believed.

"I grow tired of such small mindedness! Such shortsightedness! Haven't you plans for your people? Haven't you plans for yourself, King? I can give to you what it is you truly want, just let me be the guide," He said, smirk still plastered on his face. I shuddered. I could not respond with him so close at hand. His passion was more than mine.

"Leave him be," said the man to my left. He wore robes of emerald, and the beard of a wise man. Though not as imposing as the knight, his voice boomed with command. "Ambition is nothing without thought. He must come under my tutelage before pursuing such empty adventures. King, I can give to you what it is you truly want, just let me be the guide."

I lowered my head further yet. I could not respond to such a well versed scholar and win. His wisdom was more than mine. Seeing my reaction, the old man seemed pleased, for he believed no one could challenge his control of the sovereign. Even still, there were many a court member that hadn't said their piece.

"Books and meaningless aspirations! The Great Ruler does not wish to throw his life away for such empty pursuits. Let him enjoy the pleasures of this world to their fullest extent. That is where true happiness is found," a woman, dressed in crimson, said. She stepped forward into the center of the room, heels clicking.

"Highness, I can provide for you the greatest joys in existence. You will never go without companion, drink, or amusement. I can give to you what it is you truly want, just let me be the guide," the woman continued, eye lashes fluttering at me. I could not respond to such temptations. Her charisma was more than mine.

"And what of security? What of the horrors of this world? Why should the King go after such things if he may die doing so?" a frail, stuttering man in yellow said in a rasp. "The King no doubt wants to live as long a life as possible, and for that, he will need to remain safe. Majesty, I can give you what it is you most want, just let me be the guide."

I could not argue. What they all said was true, so how was I to decide? In my weak state, I could not see the paths. My subjects were driving me—confusing me. I held my head in frustration—contemplation. Even still, no real thoughts came. I was useless! Powerless! Sitting motionless as they tore me apart! Was this what it meant to be King? Was this what choice was?

"Destroy them all. They are nothing to you! Give me the reigns. It's what you want!"

"Raise them up. Have you no compassion, King? The people deserve your love! Give me control."

"End all this talk and act! Chatter will never change anything, you fools! Highness, please use your sense!"

"Look at him! He's a boy! He does not wish to engage with any of this! Let him be. We can take care of the rest, just put me in charge."

The endless voices flooded my mind. Louder, louder, louder—LOUDER! I couldn't get away. They were in my head, and I, too weak and too confused to choose, remained in a heap on the alter of apparent ultimate power. Was this a punishment? Was this the cost?

The voices became incoherent. I tried to block them out, but if I did completely the Kingdom would fall to stagnation. My time was running out. I had to speak. I had to—I had to do something! This could not go on. If I was too weak to act now, how could I ever hope to be strong later, after enduring such torture? I gathered my courage, then started to stand.

They argued and argued and argued, fighting among themselves. They had long since stopped paying attention to me, destroying any order that there might have been. Facing this battle, this chaos, I nearly collapsed to my knees in despair, but I knew that if I did, there would be no standing back up.

"ENOUGH! Damned fools! Can you not see that I wish for no singular guidance!? I AM THE KING, AND YOU THE SUBJECTS! When you are needed, I will say, and when you are not, I WILL DECIDE IT. I will consider your perspectives, but you will control me no longer..."

Heaving for breath, the chamber went silent. Fading from my view was the room full of forces pulling me in so many different directions. When my vision cleared once more, I was certain. I was tempered, balanced, and in control. The Kingdom was ruled by a King once more, and counseling him was a court of loyal subjects.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top