The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) Empty Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes)

Post by Odien August 5th 2018, 7:50 pm

Water splashed back onto the boat when the package was thrown overboard. Quickly, it began its descent to the ocean’s bottom-in this case, the furthest bottom from the surface. To ensure that the chest made it to its target in the Mariana Trench, it was enchanted to sink straight down, and to loudly alert those around it of its presence. This container predated America, having been originally crafted by a coven of Scottish witches to transfer back and forth prepared rituals. As such, it was reinforced against any means of unwanted tampering, to include that of the seafloor’s crushing depths. Only the one for whom it was designated could open it.

Roughly half an hour later, the chest landed with an inaudible thud near the Trench. Upon impact, it began to heat the water around it slightly, and cast out enormous bubbles in every direction. The surroundings vibrated with pure, unadulterated power, attracting any nearby with skin to feel or a tongue to taste. A voice emanated out from it, in a way that wasn’t quite sound, chanting in some archaic cross of Chamorro, Chavacaano , and Tagalog. “Da-gon, da-gon, da-gon.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I'll weave a lei of stars for you
To wear on nights like this
Each time you wear my lei of stars
I'll greet you with a kiss
The moon is green with jealousy
And all the planets too
And when you wear my lei of stars
The fairest one is you.”

A man’s voice carried the ballad serenely from the radio on the bar. The dial was set to an oldies station, and it picked up classic favorites from the nearby islands. A small, quaint sailboat idly bobbed where it was docked, a few dozen meters from the shore. It was the only aquatic means of reaching the island, and currently sat unmanned.

Maximilian Blackwell enjoyed the ambience here. The dragonflies aggressively vied for food, and monkeys screamed incessantly in the distance, fighting over mates. Situated at equidistances away were the Mariana islands and Guam, both areas that had historically witnessed takeover and abuse to further Western economic imperialist goals. This scenery was tranquil, and the past had laid a rich foundation of lust and greed. The Mammon was at home.

His gift would have arrived in the domain of the trench-dweller by now. Inside of the chest, which in and of itself was worth more than its weight in diamond, was a symbolic gesture and an invitation. The focal point of the contents was the delicately severed head of one Gerald Remek. Remek was co-owner of a company that notoriously abused the environment, and had recently been found responsible for a massive oil spill off the coast of Chile. His partner was found dead in his hotel room a few months ago, having apparently overdosed following a botched assassination attempt on Remek. Maximilian however had it on good word that the suicide was actually murder at the hands of a skilled mercenary, hired by a fanatical environmentalist group by the name of Chrysalis. Remek had escaped with a tarnished reputation and several fines, and his life intact. Until recently that is.

The head was accompanied with a note, written in Remek’s blood. It explained that the murder would hinder Remek’s company, leaving it open to purchase by one Maximilian Blackwell, who planned on turning the company to solely ecofriendly methods. The murder was a means of profit, environmental sustainability, and revenge for Mother Earth. Moreoever, it served as a gesture of good will for the King under the sea. An invitation was extended to join The Mammon on this island-intentionally an area situated on all sides by the ocean, where Dagon would feel comfortable and in control.

Maximilian was hatching plans for this world. He had arms, assets, and allies on nearly every inch of the globe. Unfortunately,  his reach did not dip down far below the waves. With this meeting, he planned on changing that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes) Empty Re: Greed Knows No Depths (Zonkes)

Post by Zonkes August 6th 2018, 8:22 pm

Sitting in the throne room, Dagon surveyed the layout of his home. The Children had done well for themselves with only slight nudges from him here and there. They had managed to domesticated a species of shrimp and collected them in bubbles of hardened hardened plastics that had floated down to their domain. The ranchers milled about the palace, delivering his and the royal meal.

Dagon enjoyed the milling about of his people. He smiled happily, and was content. The people were simple down here, they didn’t have the intelligence of mammals or cephalopods, but they were learning. And indeed, Dagon believed they were happier for it.

Dagon, Dagon, Dagon. He shot up, skin bristling as an unknown feeling spread across his skin. The name that the surface dwellers called him? Here? He was curious now. He had adopted the name of Dagon into his own persona, but only the youngest generation called him that.

Dagon, Dagon, Dagon. It was almost taunting him now. Pulsing from a specific area. There was panic amongst his people now, it was calling him. He swam from the palace, leaving behind burning bubbles, urging for his people to stay calm with telepathic command.

Soon, Dagon had arrived at the origin of the voice. His people were all fighting over it, as though it were a piece of meat and they had reverted to their primal ways. Dagon sent a message to them, warning them to stop this madness. When it didn’t work right away, Dagon stepped between them and knocked the one closest to the box cold. Dagon reached down and picked up the box. Examining it, the monarch lifted the latch carefully; finding inside… an actual piece of meat. But one that he recognized. It was one of the surface world polluters. He had caused a massive oil spill that killed much of the sea life, and even a couple of his children.

The note attached to the head was interesting to say the least, but when it came to the invitation, Dagon was skeptical. It had seemed that whoever this was had gone out of their way to make him feel comfortable. Dagon, after considering for a brief period of time, nodded.

After a few minutes of organizing his forces accordingly; Dagon made his way to the island
”Greetings, surface dweller. You have worked rather hard to get my attention.” Dagon sat down across from the man. ”So. Let’s talk.”
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien August 7th 2018, 10:25 pm

Not much in this realm could surprise The Mammon. Over the eons he had slain flaming birds the size of whales, seduced beings more akin to trees than people, authored treatises between warring nations of crabs. The figure before him did take him aback slightly, though there was no external way to tell. It wasn’t the features that unsettled him, he was merely expecting someone...larger. No bother, though. When it came to virtual monarchs, as Napoleon and Churchill could attest, size truly didn’t matter.

“Lord Dagon, it is truly an honor. The work was worth the effort, as it got you here before me. I had hoped for as much, but was prepared fully for you to decline. With a kingdom as large as yours, I’d imagine yours hands are perpetually full. Well do I understand the difficulties and nuances that come with power and rule.” Maximilian waved over one of the servants. There was something off about the man, discernible only to those with an affinity for the mystic arts-or perhaps those that could detect water. The servant’s body was completely devoid of the element, as were those of all on the island. Animated homunculi, loyal to the Lord of Greed. “Do not worry about anyone listening in here, or reporting on your existence to others on the land. You are in good company so long as we are together. Would your care for anything to eat before we delve into the depths of our business here? We do have several options available.”

Maximilian had chosen this island so that Dagon could feel in control, but he did not have folly enough to leave himself in any risk of harm. The island served as a portal to the Oether, detectable by none save for The Mammon himself. At the slightest hint of danger he would drop out of this realm and fall into the Oether, bringing the island and the waters surrounding it with him. Unlikely to occur, but an insurance policy nonetheless.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes August 30th 2018, 4:27 pm

Dagon examined his surroundings further, the island seemed... different. He expected to find a larger surplus of water on the island. It was then that Dagon realized, it wasn't the water that was without water; but the bodies of the humans around him. Dagon had to admit, the man had done his research.

The man - who Dagon had noticed was yet to introduce himself - waved a servant over. The man asked if Dagon wanted anything; and Dagon frowned. "I'm afraid that what I want, is nothing your servant could possibly hope to fetch me." Dagon said with an air of annoyance. "I wish to know why I was asked to come here. I wish to know exactly who it is I am speaking to. And I especially wish to know exactly how you know of my kingdom and I." Dagon stood from his chair suddenly, but not threateningly. Assertively perhaps; but not aggressively. "In short, surface dweller; I want answers.".

Dagon returned to his seat after spitting out his words. Dagon did not enjoy having his time wasted, and every moment he was here; was another moment where he couldn't ensure his peoples safety in the oceans. The man had given him a reason to appear before him; but had yet to show any real proof that he could even come close to helping him.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien September 7th 2018, 1:04 pm

The Trench Dweller demanded answers. It wasn’t an unreasonable request, but the manner in which he placed it was...unpleasant. For a brief moment, The God of Greed considered refusing to comply. He was not, had never been, and had no intention today of becoming, anyone’s subordinate. That included the aquatic king. However, The Mammon had power. Not the ability to procure flames from his fingertips or to purge poison with his palms, but real power. The kind that few are able to attain in life, clawing their way to the throne and leaving in their wake a path of bloodshed and regret. Even fewer are those who are born with this kind of power, handed to them alongside armies and riches accumulated by their ancestors. And then there were those such as The Mammon that were granted power by their very existence and yet still craved, and consequently acquired, more. Maximilian Blackwell was a powerful man. He knew that, and those around him that did not know so were usually quick to learn. As such, he did not need to exert his dominance here, nor lose his temper. Strength is Silent.

“You were asked here today because of your stature among the waters of this Earth, Lord Dagon. And because you and I have very compatible goals, as I’m sure you’ll find to be true over the course of this conversation. If you do not, then neither of us are any worse off for the meeting, and we part ways cordially.” The Mammon did not flinch when Dagon rose, nor did he give any indication of surprise at the movement. He raised his eyebrows slightly and leaned in to the table, spreading his hands out, palms up, as he did so. “My name is Maximilian Blackwell. I am, without much room for debate, the richest person in human history. But it is not that title which grants me my knowledge of you and your realm. I Am The Mammon, God of Greed, Lord of Lust, Prince of Pride, Emperor of Envy, Sire of Sloth, Grand-Duke of Gluttony, Warrior of Wrath. The fight for riches, survival, and power that lives within every living being flows through me. My dominion extends to wherever life and death reside. I have lived between this realm and my own for time immemorial. As such, the knowledge and resources I lay claim to know no bounds. You have done a commendable job of staying hidden from my fellow surface dwellers, but my sources tend to dive a fair deal deeper than most, as it were.”

Acting on an unseen cue, the servant from before brought forth a selection of fruit, bread, seafood and wine. Maximilian dipped an octopus tentacle into a creamy coconut sauce. “You have a nicely sized kingdom, Lord Dagon. Your people have few needs or wants that go unfulfilled. Your borders are strong. But why settle for nicely sized? Why have any desires not met? Why stop at strong? You do not need me, my people, my resources, my assets-worldly or otherwise. You have done fine without me thus far, and would continue to do so without a partnership between us. But why not have more? Friends are few and far between in a world like ours, Dagon, and I can be a very wise choice to have as a friend.”

(On lunch break, will code later when I have time)

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top