The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapRunning around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_voting_barRunning around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapRunning around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_voting_barRunning around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 Empty Re: Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity)

Post by Humanity September 12th 2016, 6:15 pm

The injection was successful, he could feel the vile in the gauntlet behind his one finger was lighter than the rest of them. A full dose of the fear toxin would prove to be more than enough for Bolt to deal with. He simply let out a satisfied chuckle as he remained on the ground, working his way to a small crouch. His hood and his overall appeal offering nothing overly scary for the Bolt to react to. Though sometimes the fear was not generated from Humanity alone. Humanity could see how Bolt quickly worked himself up. The illusion of spurting blood flying everywhere. Many people had that perception of fear when his needles made their work into their skin. It was amusing, as the only true manifestation of blood were recurring little semi-spheres around the injection site, though a little more rapidly growing than your typical phlebotomist puncture.

so how does it feel...Alex? The voice was a whisper, difficult to make out what exactly was being said. The sheer voice of the whisper though seemed to make the doorways seem to vibrate eerily, almost as if the distinction between rooms was a bit of a blur. The feeling of claustrophobia began to take place as their own minds began formulating the truths of their inner-most anxieties.

ALEX!? Cypher yelled, though her voice was sudden she seemed to note something on the side. "Alex!? The connection's back! Bolt, Humanity interfered with our connections-Your heart rate's elevated, blood pressure's through the roof and what's with the stress level...it's not the same....Bolt. Tell me what happened." The noise only added to the chaos that much was to be sure. Of course their voice weren't terrifying, but they weren't helping much.

so how does it feel...Alex? the voice came again just a little louder as Humanity seemed to slowly stand up, his entire being whisping a bit, likely not looking like himself before. All of Bolts fears would soon very much come to fruition. The tallish shadow man lifted his head and there was the face of terror with slate white eyes and a bloody finger tip, the stains of just moments prior as it's thick nail had rended his durable flesh like it had been a sheet of tissue paper.

HOW DOES IT FEEL ALEX!? Humanity yelled it this time, the voice modulator changed only so slightly, the fear now being beyond simple door ways as all of Bolts worst fears found their way into fruition. His cloak whipped open and It would appear as though the shadow creature that was Humanity would open their gnashing jaws with a rather crooked smile upon the equally crooked man. Black water would seem to flow from him as he began to slink forward. It wasn't real, but the sensations were. The feeling of the sickly black water flowing forward and corrupting the water that the sprinkler system had laid upon the ground, just beneath where Bolt had careened off to.

The water would gravitate up him, slowly wrapping around, finding ways to go into his lungs. He could close his mouth, hold his breath or even shake as much as he wanted, but there was no respite. The water somehow found it's way into his lungs, his heart likely to accelerate. He would feel the sensation of drowning, and he felt as though he couldn't breathe. He WAS breathing however, he was perfectly fine but his mind had worked itself to such extremes. Thus was the power of fear... His lungs would go into pain as the liquid began to pulsate, reverbing as the source of Humanity's voice seemed to come from both the shadow being's unmoving mouth, and from inside his very lungs.

"How does it feel Alex? To be a hero. To run around and save the day? Does it feel satisfying? Does it feel rewarding? Let me tell you something, "Bolt". Look at the price you pay, for all of what? To save a few people from a burning building? To pull them from the fires of perdition as they stand back and watch you burn in a one story restaurant!?"
The questions became even more intense as his milky white eyes began to shift and change to a red color, blood appearing to take over the entirety of his eyes. Humanity walked up towards Bolt, knowing full well that he would try to run soon, the moment he had any form of freedom, or any respite of sound mind.
"Look how unprepared you are. Look how stupid you are...untrained. Undisciplined. Just a set of powers and you imagine the world will fall on bended knee to worship you as a hero."

In that moment Humanity reached down to pick Bolt up by his collar, and Proxy shouted through his comm, hoping to rouse Bolt from his personal hell.

"BOLT! LISTEN TO ME I NEED YOU TO FOCUS! FOCUS DAMN YOU! PAY ATTENTION! You're breathing. Okay? You're going to live but I need you to get out of there right now. RIGHT NOW! " He shouted, knowing full well that Bolt were strong enough to do that, at the very least.

Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 Empty Re: Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity)

Post by The Bolt September 12th 2016, 6:53 pm

The fear had already begun to take its toll, grasping onto him like a vice and threatening to crush him like an ant. A whsipery voice sifted through the roaring air, Alex keeping his hand pressed to his neck as he tried to make space between him and the form that was making itself ever more imposing. He had to run, get as far away from this person as he could. Within that din was another voice, Cypher and Proxy if he could recall them, and yet they only managed to exaggerate the fear itself. Nothing more than annoying static gibbering away in his ears, somehow managing to make  More talk by Humanity, likely asking the same question but only louder. They had grown larger, closer to him despite what Alex had felt like him moving further away.

It didn’t feel like he could ever escape him, and they were just getting even more inescapable. This figure had been rendered into the figure of a nightmarish horror, looking down at him with the intention of ripping him apart. Only more fuel to the proverbial fire, along with the voice that raised itself to a frighteningly loud shout. Loud enough to make his ears sting as any attempt to move backwards felt like a futile effort. That however was not the worst part at all, but rather what had begun next within this illusion in his own head. Water, thick and black flowing upwards from the ice that had been coating the ground, slick along his suit.

It forced itself through his lips, down his windpipe and into his lungs quicker and quicker He couldn’t breathe, the fluid beginning to clog his lungs as he tried to force more and more air into his lungs with no success. He felt as if he were dying, and that was the only thing that really mattered. He felt as if he was dying, while this menacing figure stood over him with their contempt obvious within a vague, wavering speech. By the end of that, this shape would reach down to grasp at his collar and that was the moment that some semblance of control was given to him through Proxy’s voice. A realization that he could indeed breath again, and that was when he ran off as quickly as his legs could carry him.

Everything blurred past him, Alex barely able to avoid running into anything until the side of a car came into him, sending the entire world careening as his body slammed the side of the a building. Concrete and a few bones cracked,  as he plopped onto the ground with a dull thud. His breath hissed through his lips, Alex resting weakly on the ground as he tried to push himself to his feet.  ”Okay, I think I probably broke something.” He said with a pained cough, managing to shakily stand to his feet.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 27th 2016, 12:25 am

Bolt had fled the scene, the sheer force of his exit and the speeds he reached were concussive and powerful enough to blow Humanity off of his feet and pop him through the air, the sound was deafening and the glass all over the restaurant shattered. Humanity flopped against the ground and let out a growl as he weakly turned himself over and sighed. He was displeased with his own preformance. He was alive so all was well there...but for some reason he wasn't on his game. Sure he was always two steps ahead... but Bolt was getting faster. Faster, and faster still. He'd soon catch up, and by then Humanity wouldn't have any hope. He needed to figure out what was happening to him... and fast.

"Oh Goddamnit Pat..." He sighed as he realized that his freind's love of Undertale and pop culture youtube musical creations had gone and rubbed off on him. His friends taste had gotten the better of him as he had been going through the rhetoric to himself, realizing he had inadvertantly quoted a segment.. He'd have to punch him later for this....

The Bolt ran, and ran and ran faster than he had before. His heart was racing, thoughts clouded his mind but yet none of them were any form of distraction. No, at this moment in time all of these thoughts were working in tandum. Not distractions from running, but motivation for running. He was free as he could ever be at this moment in time. Perfectly and harmonously in action. Wherever he wanted to go, he could go. But for now the story shifted.

Humanity toggeled his communications device and began to talk to Bolt through the ear piece as Humanity began to discretely remove himself from the public eye. He had taken the liberty to establish a safeguard to protect his identitiy, and as he departed he issued a command via secured text message to send someone to collect Ryan shortly. There were things about Ryan that Matthew remembered that poor little Ryan had yet to learn about himself yet. There would be a time for that...but that was for a different day.

It didn't take too long for Humanity to slink through the sewers and change through his clothing. Going a few blocks he'd resurface in a blind-spot in the city befor teking his motorcycle and speeding out.

"I'm out looking for you Bolt, where are you!?" He asked, though immediately Cypher chimed in, almost astonished when she heard the ripping and roaring of the motorcycle.

"Wait...when did you leave!?" Cypher quizzed, thoroughly shocked to have not heard his exit....or his exit two hours ago.

"Maybe you should actually try paying attention! Let's practice with locating Bolt and helping me get to him!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Running around at the speed of sound (Humanity) - Page 3 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt October 27th 2016, 2:46 pm

A place didn’t really come to Alex’s mind, so he had just ran as fast as he could to get as far as he could away from Humanity. His speed had allowed him to cross an impressive amount of distance with little time, that being until he came to a sudden stop. A dull pain ran through his chest, likely a cracked rib or something along those lines. It was in the moments of resurfacing clarity that he realized he might have run faster than ever before. There was that and the fact he sorta flew directly into a wall. Proxy came on over the little communicator, meaning that the whole comms trouble had fixed itself. It was upon hearing it asked where it was that Alex actually realized that…he had no idea where he actually was. He looked around for some indication of where he actually was, and nothing really jumped out to him.

A few people had taken to staring at the metahuman that had ran into a car, and a wall. With a sigh, he ran once again until he found himself returning to a sadly familiar scene. The remnants of his home were still smoldering, small puffs of smoke rising from the blackened ashes. Not just any home however, but his home. With a sharp lance of pain through his side, he just let himself fall to his knees, breath coming out slowly as hew just continued to consider the ruins before him. ”Don’t you people have some sort of program for that kind of thing?” He said with a slight edge to his tone, stepping through the ruined front door. While he had put the fires out, a few sections of the house were still smoldering.

”Just my luck.” He sighed, just leaning against a wall, and sliding down it.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top