The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:04 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Taliesin
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Waves That Forced a Wedge

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Waves That Forced a Wedge

Post by Chellizard April 5th 2016, 4:55 am

"Right?" she said in regards to John deserving at least a proper break up conversation.

"I would lose if it was a fiddle. I think the devil can play guitar though, so." Shrugs, thinking about it. If her Aunt Chelle was the 'devil' then there was definitely a chance she could win this thing and get her band back together.

She looked over to Sean, her eyes heavy from the alcohol's effects. She relaxed, leaning into the couch. Her arms fell limp, the half eaten burger in her hand just dangling on her lap, leaving a ketchup spot on her pants. She didn't care, though. She just wanted to feel better.

Her eyes were puffy from crying, but the greasy burgers and fries were easing her mind. She kept munching on the food, and occasionally took sips from the bottle of Grey Goose. There was no harm in drinking more.

"You're right. I am Tyuki fuckin Gold! And you're so right! She might just let me win. She's my family." She reached for her phone and opened her contact list. She was about to text her Aunt when her mind derailed from her current thought.

She sighed and sat the bottle down, looking over to Sean.

"We should just play mario kart. Make Andrew come play." She said, shoving her phone toward Sean.

She was sure he'd use his own anyway.

Drunk Tyuki had no idea she was so upset anymore. The food was helping to keep her from getting too drunk, but it was too late. The pint sized heroine had already had too much to drink. She was gone.

Giggling, she slipped off the couch, the bottle clattering to the floor. It was empty. She had downed it by herself.

"We were going to play mario kart!!" She said excitedly, standing up and waving her arms in the air. She stumbled and fell forward, crashing directly into the glass coffee table. Normally, a girl her size wouldn't do so much damage, but she did.

The force behind of her actually made the glass completely shatter, it going all over the living room.

Nate was going to kill her.

"... Ow..." she said after sitting still for a few seconds.

Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 5015
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Waves That Forced a Wedge

Post by Arcana April 7th 2016, 4:15 pm

"Eh, I can't play a fiddle either." Sean said with a shrug, wondering how one even one would play a fiddle. Zell would probably know how one of those worked, but then again he was not the one playing guitar against the devil. Luckily his little speech managed to get her out of her funk and that was the intention of it, because he really didn't enjoy seeing his friends cry. That was when Mario kart was brought up, something that had used to play when the Talons were still forming.

Then Andrew retrurned, asking what they were doing. "We're playing Mario Kart....apparently." he said, watching Tyuki carefully as they seemed to...fall onto the glass table and reduce it to nothing except broken fragments. Sean grimaced, looking down at the twinkling fragments slightly worried. "Alright, looks like you've had enough tonight Tyuki." he said with a sig, turning to Andrew with an arced eyebrow. Maybe they would want to help with the giggling drunk woman that could level buildings with a single punch.

Offering a hand, Sean would stand up and lift her up should she accept the gesture.  "before we play any games, let's clean this up first."
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2481
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 7th 2016, 6:40 pm

As quickly as he sat down, Tyuki went through the table.
"Jesus Christ." he thought as he stood up to help her.
"This girl can level city block and I gave her liquid clumsiness. What was I thinking?"
Andrew looked around the room at the remains of the shattered glass. "Nate isn't gunna be happy. My first day really hanging out with him and a table gets smashed on my watch."

Andrew stared intensely at the fragments scattered. "Quick fix."
They all ignited. Every last little piece. He made sure to keep the fire focused on the glass and glass alone. Nothing else would burn, maybe the floor would get hot but he didn't even notice things of that nature anymore. The white and golden flames danced atop the shards. One by one melting where they sat. It was as easy as wiping dust off a table. No effort.

In what felt like seconds what was once a mess evaporated.
"All done."
Andrew really had gotten control over his powers, even pin point accuracy was an easy task for him thanks to his training.
Looking to Sean and Tyuki, Phoenix couldn't help but let out a laugh himself. Was his heart hurting? Absolutely. However the vodka had washed away his feelings along with some consoling from his new found friend.

"Mario Kart you say?" He picked up the controller and moved over to the couch Tyuki and Sean were now sitting on.
"Dibs on Luigi. Luigi number one!" he shouted giggling himself.

As they selected their characters he played the game absent minded. Taking the turns, getting the boxes, throwing the shells.
To him games were something that signified innocence. Something that people could do in a time of piece. There was no Mario Kart where he was. There were no drunk nights at his loves home. There was only training and survival. He lived to get back here. To this kind of embrace. Where dragons and wars weren't a nightly occurrence.

Andrew had placed second. Something he had been feeling a lot lately. Second place. However as he rested his controller and shoved his hand into the pile of grease, he pulled out a burger. "It's been forever since I've had one of these."
He took a gigantic bite and looked across the couch. The two smaller people looked even smaller since he got back, just sort of noticing it.

"Do you guys look at me any different? I don't want you two to have the feeling you're siting with a ghost."

It was just the opposite. Andrew was sitting with ghosts of his failures. Yet these two had come out so strong. He finished his food and leaned back taking a shot of the liquor.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 29th 2016, 12:45 am

With not even a scratch on her, she accepted Sean's hand. The overall reaction she had had initially was just one of surprise. She was usually so good at keeping balanced. Heck, she had started to wear heels while she played guitar for all her fans now! If she could do that, then she could handle herself in her own living room!

Except not.

She was drunk, inebriated, completely hammered. She was so close to falling asleep, it was good that she fell. It pumped her full of energy. The sudden rush of adrenaline from breaking the glass, and just, the sudden jump of her heart from the first moment she fell. It was a rush.

Standing to her feet, though, she smiled at Sean, gave a short thanks, and moved to sit down on the couch, both legs being tucked underneath of her comfortably, her legs in the lotus style.

She had grabbed the controllers, completely ignoring the glass. It had no effect on her skin, after all. She just walked over it, grabbed the controllers, and moved back to the couch, the wires stretching over the glass-less coffee table now.

Once comfy, she handed the controllers to Andrew and Sean, picking to be second player, and allowing Sean to be first, as he was on her left, and then Andrew her right. The large television was on, and when they selected their champions, it would split into three even vertical spaces.

Before she hit start, she witnessed Andrew obliterating the glass shards so easily. It happened rather quickly, the tiny fires burning up like fireflies.

"Ooh. Fireflies!" was her reaction, her hands on the controller now, her attention moving from the little burning fires to the screen.

"I am gonna be Peach!" She said, selecting the Pink Princess.

Her attention was completely focused on the game. It was like the whole world was muted around of her, and all that mattered was this game. She made every move with precision, and selected her boxes at the perfect times. She used her power ups, and traps successfully. Each time running Sean and Andrew off the road. She had always been the best at this game. Not even John could beat her, and he tried. Really hard.

Thinking on that made her get a little sad, and she ran right off the road.

"Fuck! Damn it! She angrily accepted third place for their first race, seeing as she had fallen very behind with that nose dive off the track.

Taking the miniature break between tracks, she looked to Andrew as he voiced a question.

"What do you mean? You're the same. I mean. You're a little taller, and it looks like you grew up some - but I dunno. I see you as Andrew. Ru-ru." She gave a drunken grin and tapped the edge of her controller onto Andrew's knee, then moved her hand and gave Sean a pat on his arm.

"Let's play again," She said, holding her controller up with some gusto and eagerly leaning forward, her attention back on the television.

Last edited by Chellizard on May 24th 2021, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 11th 2016, 3:49 am

Andrew cleaned up the glass pretty quickly, reducing them to nothing and making it to where the glass was not a problem. Tyuki accepted his hand up and then went to sit down, suggesting they play video games, which he was fine with. The game itself was set up, and Sean would pick his side, grasping onto a controller as he tried to reacquaint himself with everything. Honestly, he could tell Tyuki was drunk, and even smell it on her breath, yet he wouldn’t really say anything about that. Not like she was doing anything that required him to stop her, so he would just enjoy playing some video games.

Being first player made this a lot easier, though shaking off the rust was something that he had to do before he actually showed how good he was at this game. At first he didn’t do as good as he would have thought, but it only took a few minutes for the others to see him getting the hang of things, eventually Sean managing to get second place before the races end. Not exactly first, but it was close enough. His player of choice was the little mushroom person, showing the monarchy what was up.

”Play again? I dunno, you sure you wanna lose again?” He teased slightly, still choosing his driver once again.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2481
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew June 7th 2016, 6:05 pm

Alcohol can only wash away so many things. Some times it just numbs. Memories are not subjected to alcohol poison. Memories are there, despite how bad you want them to vanish. Memories of failure, memories of love. So much symbolism from a game of Nintendo characters. Slipping on banana peels. Falling off course.

How did he get here? This void. This emptiness that haunted him. He was sitting with the woman he loved, and his best friend. He still felt awful. How many times would he have to look Tyuki in the face without the overwhelming feeling of breaking down? How many times would he have to stop himself from begging for her back? Sure he was only back a short time now, but he was thinking about the future. Every battle they would have together. All the crime they would have to stop.
"Shit." That's all that escaped his quivering lips as he accidentally picked Waluigi. It didn't matter. The metaphoric finish line he was trying to get to didn't exist in the Mushroom Kingdom. Sean was good at this game, but Sean was honestly good at everything. In a lot of ways Andrew was envious of his friend. Never in a malicious way. He just had everything Andrew ever wanted. The life of the hero was hard.

As they progressed their way around the track, Andrew had a red shell and was right behind Tyuki. He went to pull the trigger but someone hit him from behind and he was spinning in circles.
"Sometimes I miss just being a nobody. Sometimes I wish I was never given these powers. If I never felt the urge to help people, maybe I wouldn't have loved. If I never loved, I would never have been so torn up." he pondered driving around rainbow road.

As the match was coming to an end, his good friend Sean was the only person in front of him, and Andrew had the bomb-omb.
"You're done." he said half apathetically. Tossing the living explosive, he watched Sean do a back flip in his little kart.
Crossing the finish line number one, he leaned back into the couch. Picking the bottle up, chugging what was left.
He stared at the ceiling. Waiting for them to make a move.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 8th 2016, 9:35 pm

Tyuki, Sean, and Andrew played about six matches before Tyuki leaned back during their last race around Rainbow Road. She had come in last again, doing horribly all night.

She felt bad for losing so much, and wanted to keep playing!! Her drunken mind had other plans, however. She set the controller down with a soft thud on the floor. Well, dropped it. Setting it down would have required she leaned up from the spot on the couch. She curled up there, her form just leaning into Andrew's like it was something she did every day.

"Sean... Andrew... I... love you..." she murmured into Andrew's arm, her nose squishing against the sleeve of his shirt. She started to snore, quite loudly, her face pressed there and her feet pressing into Sean's thigh.

She was out like a light. Nothing would disturb her. She felt like she was at home, and nothing could change that.

Nothing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 3 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top