The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by Cobalt

» Taliesin
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Waves That Forced a Wedge

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Waves That Forced a Wedge

Post by Andrew March 8th 2016, 4:03 am

Smiling at Nate he turned his attention back to Tyuki.
"Honestly Ty, you'd laugh at the rat hole i'm in now. Nothing like our old Talons Base... In time though, I hope to get it back."

Turning back to Nate, he continued "I was gunna say snake but he kinda always smelled bad to me. Plus that stupid costume made him look like a hobo. I pretty much live in a closet but at least my get up does't scare children. We're super heroes."
With that he was done roasting Tyuki's soon to be ex boyfriend.

"Oh it's already done?" Andrew asked kinda shocked.
"Did you call him while I slept or something? What did he say? Was he angry?"

Andrew couldn't remember Forcewave ever expressing much emotion in the first place, and he must have known if Andrew ever came back this would happen, right?

As he awaited Tyuki's response he looked around the apartment.
"Must be nice. Having somewhere to call your own. I'm so sick of that motel. I wouldn't mind it if they cleaned up the place a bit, but my money situation isn't exactly letting me go elsewhere." he thought to himself.

He let her finish before asking them a question.

"Hey Tyuki, and Nate of course. Would it be ok if I stayed here just for tonight? I think I have a lot of catching up to do with Tyuki and my motel is on the other side of the city. I'll buy us a nice bottle of good ol' fashioned liquid good time. It's been too long since I shared a drink with familiar faces. I understand if I'm intruding and I'm sorry to ask. I don't know I just...."
He took Tyuki's and guided her to sit next to him on the couch.
"I just missed this."

Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Waves That Forced a Wedge

Post by Chellizard March 18th 2016, 1:03 am

Turning around to watch Nate walk across the room toward the balcony, Tyuki pursed her lips slightly. Only slightly. She was in thought at this moment. Why had Nathaniel moved to the window? He never did that. Ever. Was there something she was missing?

She glanced to Andrew, still a bit embarrassed as she thought over the text she had just sent out to John. It was simple. It was on point. She just felt the smallest tinge of remorse. But, not too much. The two of them as a couple, John and Tyuki, had gotten just barely passed second base during their time together. It had only been, what, eight months? Maybe a little more that they were considered a couple.

Shaking the thought, she looked back to Andrew and shrugged her shoulders.

"I mean, he hasn't replied yet. But, I'm not worried about it. To be honest, he's been so busy with school and I've been so busy with my band that I've barely seen him.. it doesn't help that the times I was able to hang with him he was too busy for me. So. It's whatever." She just trailed off, sighing a bit near the end of it.

Nathaniel took a long drag of his cigarette, eyeing Tyuki as he did so. His back was pressed against the metal frame of the sliding door to the balcony, and it was kind of cold. It didn't help that it was raining and the chilly winds swept into the apartment. He just couldn't bring himself to smoke around Andrew - that look he had on his face. Nathaniel was, after all, good at sensing peoples emotions more than others. It was a weird, stupid gift of his.

"I mean, I have no problem with it. You staying, and you buying a bottle of good stuff." Nate finally said after Andrew mentioned crashing on the couch.

"There's a third bedroom. Too bad it's a miniature practice room for Tyuki." Nate said, finishing his cigarette and tossing it out over the balcony. He then slid the doors closed and crossed the apartment to his own room to find a shirt.

Tyuki followed Andrew's guiding and sat with him, her hands letting her mask fall onto the coffee table. She gave him a smile and nodded.

"The couch is not a good place for you. It's not that comfortable. My bed is big enough for you to stay in. We'll use separate blankets though." She said, grabbing his hand and grinning at him.

It was final. Andrew was back in her life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The  Waves That Forced a Wedge  - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew March 19th 2016, 2:00 am

Have you ever seen a child's look of utter joy when they wake up Christmas morning and everything they wanted was under the tree? Andrew's current face made theirs look upset.
He couldn't believe this was real life. There was no way. The universe was shifting back into place for the hero.

"Nate I'll go right now to get the bottle. Actually I'll grab a few. I think I could use a night to get a little buzz."
Andrew continued to smile at Tyuki.
Not knowing what to do with himself, he just grabbed her her and held her tight.

He pulled back and leaped to his feet.
Fire surrounded his body and he was back in his civilian clothes.
Still the same leather jacket and boots Tyuki had seen him in before. He wanted to look nice for her but truthfully he didn't have enough money to go clothes shopping yet, hell, he could barely afford the alcohol. However having a good night with great people outweighed the need for new t shirts in his book.
Plus he spent quite some time in other dimensions with minimal clothing, he was happy to be in regular attire.

"So Tyuki, let's go grab some booze!"

Andrew and Tyuki made their way to the packie a few blocks away and as soon as Andrew entered the clerk recognized him right away.
"Phoenix?!" he exclaimed.
"Yes sir in the flesh"
"Whatever you need is on the house, you saved my family. Also is that Tyuki Gold?"
Andrew turned to Tyuki and shrugged.
"I don't like the treatment" he whispered to her.
Picking up 4 bottles of Grey Goose Vodka, the clerk began smiling as he bagged.
"I can't thank you enough. Can I hug you?"
Andrew nodded yes as the man pulled out his cellphone and took a picture with Phoenix.
"My children will love this. They have your action figures."
Andrew gave the man a confused look, and then turned to Tyuki.

The hero handed him 40$ regardless of his offer and out the duo went.

Upon returning to the apartment Nate had put a shirt on.

"Got the top shelf stuff" Andrew called out to the man who was showing him hospitality.

Popping the first bottle Andrew asked Tyuki for three glasses and filled them.
This was sure to be a drunken night.

"So Ty, how much has changed around this city. I have action figures?" he asked taking his first large shot.
He was more excited to snuggle with the beautiful woman he loved than anything. However the night was too young for that. The clock read eight.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 20th 2016, 5:02 am

Tyuki grinned, and standing there, she hadn't realized what just happened until she felt really warm. Andrew had grabbed her and pulled her into him so tightly that she was sure there was no way she could get out even if she wanted to.

Not that she did.

If only Nate weren't here to make it awkward.

"Heh." She breathed, feeling as if she was floating even though she knew she was sitting on the couch.

Once Andrew let her go, she made her own dash to her room to change. It took exactly ten seconds. She tore off her suit, stepped into a pair of jeans, slipped on a tank top, a pull over shirt, and slipped her feet into a pair of ballerina styled flats.

Dressed comfortably, she stepped back out, her hands up above her head pulling her hair into a ponytail. She made sure to leave her bangs down, and ended up leaving her hair in a messy bun instead.

"There's a place not too far from here, see?" She had pulled up GPS on her phone to show there was a store within walking distance.

--

The walk there was short, but filled with small banter back and forth. Little comments on their day, and what they did before they ran into one another. Tyuki had been lazing about for most of her day, and she admitted that.

Walking into the store, she had been here a few times before, but she had normally put on her blonde wig, sunglasses, and made her trip short and sweet. Andrew's face was unforgettable, especially considering he had saved this city. Not once, but twice.

Smiling upon being recognized alongside of him, she just held her finger to her lips and made a shushing motion.

"Sir, I've been here before. I'm the weird blonde girl with the sunglasses." She mentioned, her voice low as she leaned over the counter.

"Ahh! You're the quiet girl that comes in every two weekends or so. I remember when you were here last. You mentioned something about being alone again. But, here you are, not alone! Ah. What a good night for me." The man was so proud to have gotten to take a picture with Andrew, but Tyuki didn't want to blow her cover about coming here.

She was happy to hear the man honored Andrew about giving him things for free, and she was sure she could have done the same if she wanted in those past weekends, but the only reason she came here was to numb her lonely heart.

Sighing internally, she just waited til they could go back to the apartment and walked almost silently until they got there.

Crossing the threshold, Tyuki noticed Nathaniel was fully dressed and had his mask in his hand, a pack of cigarettes in the other. He looked like he was needing to be somewhere, and fast.

"Leaving?" she asked him, noticing they would need glasses before Andrew even mentioned it.

She crossed to the kitchen and grabbed two of them at first.

"Not yet. I'll drink a bit before I take off. Flying while inebriated shouldn't be too hard. Plus, you can heal the alcohol out of me, right?" Nate smirked as he crossed to sit on the couch, his mask being placed on the coffee table next to Ty's.

Nate accepted his glass, and Tyuki picked up her own. She stood for a few moments before sitting down on a chair that could only fit herself. For some reason she felt disconnected from this situation. It wasn't until Andrew mentioned the action figures that she laughed.

"Well, really, there's action figures of most of us. Well, I say us, but it's 'Eclipse.' So, costume me, not this version of me. Ya know?" She laughed a bit and took a pretty heavy gulp of her drink. She then took another, and then just downed it.

She placed her cup down and pushed it forward.

"Oh, did I even mention that my band is likely number one for it's genre now? Our mix of English and Japanese lyrics is what keeps people interested in us all over the world. Not to mention all the gigs Bliss gets for us. I'm sure she gets them by threatening people, but I don't question it. I just play guitar." Trailing off, she waited for her glass to be filled up before picking it up again.

"There's a comic book that got popular over night. It's called Sherpa. It's actually pretty cool. There's parodies of real life heroes and villains in it. There's even a me! My name in the comic is Radiance, though. How weird is that?" Shaking her head slightly, she sighed happily and took a smaller sip of her drink now. She felt a bit more comfortable now that a minor buzz was going through her.

"Ohhhh yeah. One more thing! It's a big one. Have you talked to Sean yet? I think I programmed his number in the phone I gave you. He's married now, and he's a dad." She said, raising her glass to silently give him a cheers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew March 23rd 2016, 1:48 am

Andrew could feel the sadness coming off of Tyuki.
"Hey that's really awesome! I remember having a Pain action figure when I was a kid. Come to think of it, it's still in my parents basem..."
He stopped himself. "Crap change the subject quick that's sad." the hero thought fast.
"So a comic book! That's so awesome! I need to check it out. Not only do I get to have drinks with you.." the hero paused to cheers and gulp back another glass.
"I get to read about you in stories!"
Andrew hadn't had alcohol in a very long time. He felt a buzz coming on.

Taking another full glass down, he was prepared for a great night. "So Nate, you're dressed real nice, where you heading?"
Awaiting an answer he took another glass down.
"Slow down man." he thought to himself.

"Sean's number is in here?" Andrew asked in a tone preparing to ask if he could come, Tyuki just nodded at him and he knew what the answer would be.
"You're something else you know that?"

Andrew in his mildly drunk state took a moment but then realized.
"He WHAT? No way. How? What? When?I need details Tyuki!"
Opening the phone he went to the contacts.
He let her answer before searching more.
Continuing down the list he found Sean Collin.
As it rang he prepared to invite his friend.

"Hey! No it's not Tyuki it's Andrew! We're at her and Nate's place. LA? An hour? See you then. You have a lot of explaining to do."
Click.
Andrew looked up and smiled.
Visions of all the good times began to overtake his mind. It was almost as if the other worlds he visited were just nightmares.
He laughed a little to himself. "Remember when you and I used to get stoned and all the Talons would come to each other's rooms? All those nights we snuggled up? All the hilarious team meetings."

Andrew got serious in his head once more.
"I'm getting the team back."
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 30th 2016, 11:57 pm

Tyuki's glass was empty, but it was soon filled and this time, she would sip it gently. She already had a nice enough buzz. This was the good stuff, after all.

Taking little sips here and there, she nodded a bit and then took a moment to have silence for Andrew's family. The day flashed into her mind like it was yesterday. That evil copy of Paine, one of the better people to ever help out New York... So crazy.

And Holocaust.

Shaking the thoughts, her glass was resting gently in her palm now. She just grinned and finally opened her mouth to speak.

"Yes! A comic! Unfortunately, your character was killed off in issue four, volume six. But! Now that you're back, I'm sure the great N. K. Wells will right you back into her comics! There's no doubt about it. She was very fond of you." Tyuki's cheeks were a little flushed, but she was alright.

Smiling, she went on and on for a few more moments until the topic fell to Sean and his marriage.

"OH MY GOD. YES!" She stood up, her glass being clinked down on the glass coffee table.

"He married Zell Atterius!! He's a big shot millionaire, or billionaire? Like. It's so CRAZY. And they have a kid. It's their biological kid. It's some weird *hic!* mojo jo *hic!* jo ethereal soul stream shit," She started to endure the wrath of hiccups, but managed to get passed it by holding her breath for a few moments.

Well, it felt like she had conquered them.

They came back a few moments later.

"*hic!* I'm just so glad you're back," She said, grinning at Andrew. "And *hic!* yeah... I remember the cuddling." She felt her cheeks get very warm.

Nate was silent for the majority of the drinking, and slipped out without disturbing the two heroes. Tyuki only knew he was gone because of the gust of wind that came when he opened the balcony doors.

"Haha.. *hic!* Yeah! Ohh emm *hic!* gee! I remember when I tried to make *hic!* cookies! Sean was over! I burnt *hic!* them all!" Bursting into a fit of giggles, she grabbed her drink and took a swig, swallowing hard in attempt to stop her hiccups.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew March 31st 2016, 4:11 am

Andrew laughed a little but he didn't mean to.
"What kind of name is Zell? I met a few etheral's in the other dimension. So he's married with a kid. I always thought I'd be at the alter with him when the time came. I take it if he's married to Zell things went sour with Aaron?"

The hero felt strange making small talk. It was comfortable though. He looked over his shoulder every few moments out of habit. You never know what could happen in those other realms.

"Wait..They killed me off in comics too?" Andrew asked taking down another large gulp. Nate had disappeared and he wondered if he was purposely giving Tyuki and him alone time.
Phoenix paused and scooted closer to Tyuki.
He reached out and touched her hand.
"You're the most beautiful in all the universes I've gone to. Trust me when I say there's quite a few. Your beautiful hair and those glowing eyes. My god I missed them. That smile too. I was on a planet that had 3 sunrises and you still put them to shame. There's things I hope you never have to see, but there's also things I hope you get to see one day. It's a strange counter balance. Anyways, I'm sorry I'm drunk rambling." Andrew began to blush.

"Do I lean in and kiss her?" he wondered. His drunk mind couldn't put together what was supposed to happen next.
She wasn't his girlfriend was she? He took another shot and that's when it all hit him.
A single tear fell from his eye.
"Tyuki I'm the luckiest man to have even got to spend time with you at all."
He leaned in to kiss her. Nothing slobbery, or hot and passionate. An innocent gesture. Like a kiss you'd give your girlfriend on the beach, or looking up at stars at night.
He hoped she leaned back in or he was going face first into her lap.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 2nd 2016, 7:20 am

Mood swings occur in individuals that are under a lot of stress, depression, or drastic changes in their day to day lives. Tyuki Gold was experiencing that right now, and she didn't even know it. Sinking back down into the couch, she let her back rest against a pillow, one of her legs tucked under her slightly as she sat.

"Ha. Yeah. Zell. It's a weird name, but I kind of like it. I mean... my name is weird, too." She muttered this, but it was still audible. She just felt so odd.

"Well, you were gone for real... Wells wrote you off as dead. I've got a signed copy in my room.. I can get it if you want to see--" She had replied a bit later than she normally would have. Her brain was going at a snail's pace, and the alcohol was not helping it chug along any faster.

She took another gulp of her drink.

Tyuki would normally be blushing, gushing, and giggling at this point. Something deep in her soul was telling her this wasn't right. She needed to mend things with John, or at least not burn the bridge. She wasn't this kind of person. Her heart was aching.

She wanted nothing more than to attempt to rekindle the ever burning fire that she and Andrew have always had, but she just couldn't do it.

Not yet.

"Andrew..." She muttered, her eyes glossy with fresh threatening tears.

She blinked away some of the tears, but they just had to break free. Gently rolling down her flushed cheeks, a few minuscule tears crept their way down, collecting just at her jawline.

They were so small that it was barely noticeable.

She wanted to smile. She did. She shakily lifted her glass, took the final swig, and set it down on the table. Andrew's hand felt warm against her own. She clutched his grip, and when he leaned to kiss her, she turned her head so it landed on her cheek.

"I'm.. sorry. I can't do this yet. I want to. But I can't." She moved a hand up to where he had kissed her cheek and just touched there for a few moments. She then stood up and rushed to the bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind of her. She turned the sink to full blast, and the shower too. The sound of water would drown out her thoughts. At least this was her attempt.

Hopefully Sean would be here soon. There was no other time in the world that she needed him.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 2nd 2016, 10:16 am

New York. Sean always got nostalgic every time he came back there, though that may have been because it wasn't destroyed any longer, something that was pretty damn awesome when he had to think about it. He was dressed in usual casual style, a black Girl Alive shirt and a pair of kahki shorts, seemingly ignoring the chill of the night. It was a little chilly, but nothing that he couldn't deal with thanks to his handy dandy xenogens. With cheeseburger in hand he walked along the sidewalk, only a few minutes away from the apartment as he hummed something under his breath. "Come on little guy, isn't this a little deep to ask me about?" He asked, swallowing the small amount of food he was chewing about in his mouth. The voice on the other side would provide some examples, and part of him wanted to tell them to ask Zell about this.  

"Well I honestly....I just say go with your heart. If you reeeeeaaaallly love a person, then you should be willing to sacrifice anything. I mean look at me and Zell, that's quite a story." He noted with a smirk and bitter chuckle, taking another bite from the food item in his other hand. "I don't know much about the person, but I'm sure it should work the same way. Just need to take a leap of faith, that's all." Well they were taking his advice pretty well, or maybe that was just them being their usual self. "Well I'm here, so I need to let you go. Take care, try not to do anything stupid okay?" He said before hanging up, letting the phone slip into his pocket. Finishing off his greasy treat, Sean wiped away the trace amounts of grease on the nearest surface before stepping up to knock on the door.

Waiting a few seconds before opening the door and stepping in Sean looked around. "I'm here, brought some...." He looked around feeling even more awkward now. "Cheeseburgers...am I interuppting anything?"
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2481
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 2nd 2016, 1:20 pm

And in a flash came the flood. One of those feelings where it feels like the floor was pulled out beneath you. Where it feels like you dropped from atop a roller coaster and you find yourself sitting in a seat. As Tyuki's face began to rain down some tears Andrew knew. It wasn't time. It couldn't be this easy. The world refused to let him have it this easy. "I..I.." Tyuki was gone.

Andrew sat there, with his hands wrapped away his face, only his eyes hanging out. He heard the water of the sink and shower kick on. It didn't relax him so much as emulate his internal struggle. There was a valve deep in the heart of the wounded warrior, begging to be turned back to happiness. He had felt it briefly. Like when he would have dreams about her, or Sean in the other realm. Like when he would get praise from Elena for conquering another dragon, or whatever monstrosity she would have him training to defeat. He wouldn't catch a break. Maybe this was his life. Maybe he was meant to just be held at arms length from the one person he loved with the heat of universe.

Looking down at the phone she had given him weeks ago, he wondered what he did to earn this personal hell. It wasn't his fault time moved without him. It wasn't his fault that Tyuki was caught between a rock and a hard place. Her mixed signals worse than a broken traffic light. Physically he was ok, probably a little more composed than her. It was in his head that felt the punch. "Why did you do that? WHY did you do THAT? WHY DID YOU DO THAT?"
It got louder and louder. Like the build up to a power ballad performed by his mind. Just as the chorus was about to hit a a different familiar face emerged. Sean. Freaking. Collin.

Andrew stood up, and began to walk towards Sean.
He stuffed his face into his best friend's shoulder. Giving him a mighty hug. "I haven't seen you since those thugs. I have a lot of questions for you."  Andrew looked down the hall to the closed bathroom door. "However, I think I messed up. Tyuki needs you more than I do. I'll be alright. Can you please go talk to her."

Andrew picked up one of the half empty bottles of alcohol, and walked out towards the patio. "If you guys want me back, call me. I love ya bud."

Andrew leaped from the balcony to the roof, over looking the city. From here he could actually see his old college. "Those days were much simpler. I didn't know when I applied for college 10 years ago I would be dealing with all of this" He sloshed back another shot. That's when he heard a figure behind him.
He immediately turned to find a beautiful tan skinned woman. Staring at him. He dreaded what came next. "Are you.."
"Yes I am" he interrupted her.
"No I was going to ask if you were ok. It's not everyday you see the Saint of New York standing on your roof drunk."
Andrew dropped to his knees. Offering her some alcohol.
She accepted.

He explained his current issue with her. How he loved someone who wasn't sure if they wanted him back. This woman talked so elegantly.

"Pho-Andrew. If there's one thing I've learned in my 26 years on the planet. You can't make anyone love you. You can bench press a truck. You can light up the night with that fire of yours. You can save all the people this world has to offer up to rescue. I'm sorry hun but you just cant force things like this. I'm sure in time. Love will come your way again."

He hadn't even caught her name and she shook him to the core. He let out a cry that could only be bottled up by six years of hell mixed with tonight's events.

She held him. Not romantically. In a way that once those dams that hold back the waters need to be re-contained. As she rubed his face he felt himself calming. "What's your name?" he asked leaning back to a sitting position.
"Mina."
"I. I don't know what to say Mina. Thank you." he was wiping his eyes.

She took a shot and poked him as she swallowed.
"Jeez you are tough." she joked.
"Most men when poked by me laugh like that little dough boy."
she had cracked a smile through his frown. She pulled out a pack of smokes. Offering him one.
"I shouldn't but...fuck it." he spoke, as he swallowed more of the alcohol. They shared a few more shots.
"Whoops, my lighter is out."
"Mina. You would be surprised at how often I have to do this for people. Watch your eyebrows." he broke out in a drunken giggle. It wasn't than funny, but she lost her composure and started laughing too. Snapping the cigarettes ignited.

They sat there for a while. exchanging stories. Mostly her listening to stories of another world. Even to Andrew it felt so fresh. He wasn't an artist. Yet he painted such a vivid picture of what it was like. She took his phone and put her number in.
"You ever need to talk, you call me. I hope everything works out for you. You truly are a kind man." She kissed his cheek and walked to the door on the roof. He looked down and noticed she had left him a few cigarettes.

"Not all heroes wear capes." he thought to himself. His words like silent raindrops fell. "Maybe they'll call. Maybe they won't."
The man lit another smoke before standing and looking out to the city. A gust of wind blew by.
"I hope you guys are proud of me." he spoke to the night sky talking to his family. "Thank you for raising me with such strength. Even before I was a super hero, you made me feel like one."

The last ember dropped from the nicotine stick.
The door of the stairwell opened back up, it was Mina once more.

"I didn't feel right leaving you up here."
Andrew passed the alcohol her way once more.
The two stood there waiting for a ring that could never happen.
"It's a beautiful view isn't it?"
"It sure can be."
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 2nd 2016, 3:39 pm

Her back hit the door of the bathroom, and she slid down it slowly. Silent sobs raced through her, completely shaking her body from head to toe. She hugged her knees into her chest and banged her forehead into her kneecaps. She was beyond upset with herself.

She knew that John had gotten too busy for her, but the way she ended things with him... It did not feel right. She owed him more than a text break up.

She owed him at least a formal goodbye. And good luck.

She did want to try to mend things with Andrew, but it was too fragile right now. She was too fragile.

At least when it came to her emotions.

Sobbing still, tears blurred her vision, as did the constant banging of her head.

She finally forced herself to stop and stood up. She stared at her face in the mirror. Her cheeks were red, and her lips were screwed into a permanent frown. She tried to make it go away, but she couldn't. She was just too sad. But she was also mad.

So, she was sad-mad.

"Sean... where the hell are you?" She said aloud, reaching to turn off the shower. She took a towel and wiped her face, then shut off the sink as well. She then heard him.

She pressed her ear to the door and listened. Andrew mentioned to call him to come back?

Why was he leaving?

Sighing, she opened the bathroom door and walked out, her left hand dragging the towel behind her on the floor like a sleepy child waking up too early on Christmas morning. Only this was a twenty year old girl crying over her choices.

"Sean." She said, her voice cracking. She gave him no chance. She ran into him and hugged him, sobbing into his chest.

"I don't know what to do!" Drunk, emotional, and lost.

Those three things in combination with her common sense she lacked were bad news. They were definitely trouble.

"What should I do?" She asked, hiccuping through tears, and sobbing passed hiccups.

She then spilled her story. She mentioned the breakup text to John, the fact she had shared a kiss with Andrew a week or two ago, and then the things Andrew said just now.

She was so lost that her life felt like the Bermuda Triangle.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 2nd 2016, 4:12 pm

Sean had a feeling he walked in on something that was pretty emotionally charged, granted anyone could see something like that. He was greeted with a tight hug, one that threatened to squeeze the breath out of him until it ended. "Yeah, I can talk to her." He said with a nod as Andrew would make their leave, softly glowing silver eyes following them as they left. Biting on his lower lip, Sean let out a sigh as he ran fingers through his hair. "What did I get myself into?" He muttered, setting the food down on the nearest solid surface as he began to look around for Tyuki. She had to be somewhere, that much he could tell and yet where that was he could not tell. That was when Tyuki appeared, face puffy from crying.

That was when he was ran into, arms wrapped into as she cried into his chest. Having someone taller than you cry into you was a strange sensation really, but then again when dealing with Zell, they weren't exactly known for their open lamentations. Whatever was happening he would find out pretty soon, as tyuki went into a crying explanation about what was happening with her and Andrew, as well as her break up with that John guy he had no real interest within. Granted he didn't bother learning about them, so that explained even more. Sean would let her finish talking before saying anything else, patting her reassuringly on the shoulder until there was a chance for him to say anything.

"Wow, quite the few weeks you've had here." Sean said, reaching over and grabbing the bag of less than healthy junk food, rustling it with a twitch of the wrist. "Well here's some food, I've always found food to be something that really helps you deal with the soul crushing problems of romance." He said, trying to lighten the mood with a little humor. "Listen, I understand your problem. When I first met Zell...it was pretty strange I have to admit. I was filled with so much confusion, uncertainty and so many other confusing emotions. At times I thought I would go crazy, I didn't know exactly what I wanted. I didn't know what I wanted to do either." He explained, finding a seat and settling into it. "In the end I realized that I loved Zell, and that's how...this happened." He said showing the ring on his hand. "All I can say really is....well....if you love Andrew then give him a chance. Not saying to do anything like proposing, but I guess the cliché  rings true in this one. Just follow your heart, it hasn't lead me wrong yet."

This was perhaps the best thing he had in mind right now, so hopefully it didn't go against his point.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 2nd 2016, 4:58 pm

It wasn't everyday that your best friend actually gave you advice that you didn't want to hear.

Sighing, she just sunk down into the couch and reached into the bag of greasy burgers and unwrapped one. She took a big bite of it and chewed, listening to Sean go on and on. She looked at his ring on his finger and just sighed passed the bite of greasy deliciousness.

He was right about the food. It made her feel much better.

"Look... It's not that I don't love him. I just... I feel wrong breaking up with John via text, ya kno? I should at least give him a chance to say goodbye. He deserves that, right?" She shook her head and stood up, waving her burger as if she was conducting a symphony.

"I just want the universe to stop taking shit from me! My band is in shambles, Sean. Like. This stupid woman named Jules usurped Bliss Co out from under Bliss, and that means Jules owns my band? It's so screwed up." She made a grunt noise and chewed into her burger, just pacing now as she munched, talked, and chewed.

"Not to mention, there's a Charlie's Daniel clause in the contract. So if I guitar battle the devil, which Bliss thinks is my Aunt - if you remember her - and I win this battle... Bliss gets her company and the band back. But at this point, how the heck am I suppose to run and manage a band while trying to save the world? If you didn't notice, I practically hung up my hero title to save people via music." She said, waving her now empty hands as she talked.

She then noticed Sean's shirt and looked at it, almost crying again.

"I remember when I mailed you that shirt!!" Sighing, she threw herself onto the couch and buried her face into a pillow, one leg dangling off.

"I guess we should call Andrew back... And I just need to listen to my heart and guitar battle my aunt. Man. Life is stupid sometimes. I really feel like I'm at the center of the Bermuda Triangle!"

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 2nd 2016, 6:50 pm

"Yeah, guess he deserves that much." Sean nodded in agreement, considering his break up consisted of a punch to the face, and that wasn't exactly something he could forget. Just thinking about it made his knuckles ache dully, reminding him that he was kind of a terrible person. Apparently a lot of terrible things were happening to Tyuki, something that sounded overall terrible when he thought about it. Not that Sean would jump into the I've had things worse than you train that he had a feeling some would do at this time. "Wow, sounds like a missed a lot. Guitar battle against the devil, well that sounds like quite the challenge if you ask me. I mean, I thought people did a fiddle challenge against them but I may not be remembering things right." Sean said, considering the idea that one could actually guitar battle the devil, but then again he had battled an incarnation of death before.

"Tyuki, I know what it's like to have the word feel like it's coming in around you. Just gotta have a little faith. You're Tyuki Gold afterall. You've dealt with worse than some guitar battle with the devil. I mean if it's your aunt, maybe she'll let you win or something like that, if I know anything about family anyway. Just remember you don't have to do everything by yourself. The Talons are a team because we help each other with things we can't do on our own." He said, trying to cheer Tyuki up as best as he can. Something that didn't seem like it would do much good not, but at least she was enjoying the food. There was that much that he could take solace in, even if it was a small victory within itself.

"I'm sure things will get better." He said leaning against the back of the couch, kicking his shoes off and drawing his knees to his chest. Digging his phone from his pocket, he dialed up Phoenix and would wait until they answered, toes twitching nervously. "Heya Andrew, you can come back now. Yeah, she's out of the bathroom. Mhm, yeah, mhm." He said before hanging up. "So, try not to stress yourself out too much, okay?" He asked, sounding concerned for his friend.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 2nd 2016, 7:31 pm

The cool wind blew over the rooftop of New York City. Andrew was just soaking in the silence with his new friend. They didn't say much, she just kinda stared at him. He was rather large. She was rather small. The way he looked so gentle, yet he could pick up an elephant with ease. The wind blew through her hair around and she continued just looking at the hero, a slight smile across her face. "Hey, Andrew."

He didn't take his eyes off the city. "What's up?"
She blushed a little. "What drives you to keep risking it all?"
He flicked his smoke off the rooftop and watched it plummet to the ground beneath him. Once it hit the pavement, he stared at it and it slowly disintegrated into nothing.
He then tunred his attention to the woman.
"People like you. People who want to make changes to this place we call home. Those who help a stranger on a terrible night."

He took one last swig from the sauce and handed the bottle to her. His phone began to buzz. The two of them looked at each other.
"Well answer dummy." the woman said punching his shoulder lightly.

"Hello? I can? is she out? Has she calmed down? Ok I'll head back."
Turning to his new friend, she went to pass the bottle back to him and he held his hand up. "Nah, you polish it off. You've been a big help tonight and I really appreciate all you said."
He pulled a pin from his pocket and placed it in her hand.
"I'm making you an honorary Talon. For your service to someone in need tonight."
"Don't you give these out to kids in the city?"
"No I give them out to heroes. Take care Mina."

Andrew walked back to the edge of the building before back flipping off the side, and landing back on Tyuki's porch.
It seemed they were expecting him. Both Tyuki and Sean staring. He put one foot in the doorway, unsure of things.
He leaned against the metal frame arms folded.

Sean gave him the 'get over here' look and the hero slowly walked through the door. The solo chair where Tyuki once sat was vacant.

Andrew sank into it. Looking at her made him hurt. Yet it made him buzz more than any alcohol ever would. Sean's appearance made it a lot less awkward. He reached at the table for the food, then moved his hand to another bottle of alcohol and popped the top. God was he getting hammered. After the events he would more than likely end up going back his shit motel. "I can't force that on her." he thought remembering her early offer for her to sleep with her. At the very best he would sleep in the guest room. Or even on the roof. He didn't care.

Swallowing a hard sip of alcohol to get down, he wiped his lips.
"So what's up guys?"
God he loved her. However he had to wait. One way or another pain was there. The length of time was yet to be determined, but he was The Phoenix. The world needed him to the hero they deserved. People like Mina.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 5th 2016, 4:55 am

"Right?" she said in regards to John deserving at least a proper break up conversation.

"I would lose if it was a fiddle. I think the devil can play guitar though, so." Shrugs, thinking about it. If her Aunt Chelle was the 'devil' then there was definitely a chance she could win this thing and get her band back together.

She looked over to Sean, her eyes heavy from the alcohol's effects. She relaxed, leaning into the couch. Her arms fell limp, the half eaten burger in her hand just dangling on her lap, leaving a ketchup spot on her pants. She didn't care, though. She just wanted to feel better.

Her eyes were puffy from crying, but the greasy burgers and fries were easing her mind. She kept munching on the food, and occasionally took sips from the bottle of Grey Goose. There was no harm in drinking more.

"You're right. I am Tyuki fuckin Gold! And you're so right! She might just let me win. She's my family." She reached for her phone and opened her contact list. She was about to text her Aunt when her mind derailed from her current thought.

She sighed and sat the bottle down, looking over to Sean.

"We should just play mario kart. Make Andrew come play." She said, shoving her phone toward Sean.

She was sure he'd use his own anyway.

Drunk Tyuki had no idea she was so upset anymore. The food was helping to keep her from getting too drunk, but it was too late. The pint sized heroine had already had too much to drink. She was gone.

Giggling, she slipped off the couch, the bottle clattering to the floor. It was empty. She had downed it by herself.

"We were going to play mario kart!!" She said excitedly, standing up and waving her arms in the air. She stumbled and fell forward, crashing directly into the glass coffee table. Normally, a girl her size wouldn't do so much damage, but she did.

The force behind of her actually made the glass completely shatter, it going all over the living room.

Nate was going to kill her.

"... Ow..." she said after sitting still for a few seconds.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top