The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Friend Request (Velocity) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Friend Request (Velocity) I_vote_lcapFriend Request (Velocity) I_voting_barFriend Request (Velocity) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Friend Request (Velocity) I_vote_lcapFriend Request (Velocity) I_voting_barFriend Request (Velocity) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Friend Request (Velocity)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friend Request (Velocity) Empty Friend Request (Velocity)

Post by Cerulean March 3rd 2016, 3:11 pm

Friend Request (Velocity) Dr%20fire%20male%20face%20paint

((Ignore everything but the paint design. XD))

"I don't even have a credit card, so goodbye now." He said, half cheerfully other half passive aggressive finger to the world.

The call was disconnected and the phone was put away. It was the second one this week. Someone decided it was time to give him  a hard time about credit cards that never exist. Of course, that could mean someone stole his information but Richard Kennedy doesn't have much to steal at least not in the way finances. If people decided to steal his identity, it might be a blessing in disguise. If he purchases something across the country, there is no way he could be Wrecker in The Big Apple right? At least, that is the way he is choosing to look at it.

Gazing watchfully out over his vast city, Wrecker had made it maybe halfway through his intended shift this day. It was a surprisingly nice and sunny day so far and he hope this would keep up at least until he arrived home. Perhaps he should call Atlas or one of his other new friends that were made over the course of his brand new career direction. Definitely Atlas, since they are partner is justice instead of crime. Keeping contact and being social was alway good.

Leaning against the railing of the high balcony, he looked down and realized how high up he was. It hit him like a ton of bricks and he stepped back as his heart jumped into his throat.

"Well then. I better down from here and find ass to kick someplace else."

Feeling a particularly strong wind, he leapt over the railing. Lowering his density he began to ride on the wind and used it to carry him further into the city.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in."  - Hub McCann Secondhand Lions
Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "You just can't beat the person who never gives up." George Herman aka Babe Ruth

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 107
Job : Graphic Design Intern
Humor : You aren't worth a fart in the wind. *Farts* I am more likely to hire that fart than you.
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Friend Request (Velocity) Empty Re: Friend Request (Velocity)

Post by The Grey March 4th 2016, 7:38 am

As it so happened, a situation had developed further into the city.  A black hummer barreled through the streets, an armed man standing up through the sunroof.  He fired on any vehicle that drew too close.  A real mess was left in its wake as it smashed through anything left in its way.

A black and red afterimage streaked behind, Samantha's suit the only thing fast enough to keep up while also able to avoid gunfire from the belligerent criminals.  The tinker-speedster wove away from the next hail of bullets.  "Bullocks," she hissed, dodging behind a parked car that managed to absord the deadly storm.  Bugger America and its sodding gun fetish.

Leaning out, she took aim with her gauntlets.  A bolt arced away from her hand towards the criminals.  She had meant to hit the gunner; she missed.  Instead, the bolt hit the vehicle itself, the chassis directing the effects away from the occupants; the expected result considering...

Samantha found herself praying for a miracle, fully aware that her suit did not have any mechanism that would stop these runaway lunatics...

Last edited by The Grey on March 8th 2016, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corey Jardin (The Grey)[XP]
Special Agent Sarah Jardin[XP]
Heather Jardin (Violet Feral)
Antonio Ramirez (Guerrero)[XP]
Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean March 6th 2016, 7:48 pm

"Oh goody, there is a couple of hamhocks now!" He exclaimed, upon hearing gunfire and the sounds of a vehicle engine roaring through the streets. He couldn't quite see what was going on, but it LOOKED like someone was trying to take them down already.

Clumsily landing on top of a building a few blocks away, he had to think fast. No time to draw up and plan, there was only enough room for perfect execution. He struggled to climb up onto the edge of the building and decided to just roll off to save time.

"Daaaaaa-Da-Da-DA! Oof!" He yelled before smacking the pavement of the road. Getting up from the now slightly damaged city property, he quickly bends his knees and holds out his hands. However futile, Wrecker tried his best anyways. "Please st--"

The young hero didn't even get the words out before the metal contraption barreled into him. All of that force had kept going, but the car did not. Steel twisting, glass breaking, and the occupants were flung forward as their ride completely smashed and folded like an accordian. Their air bags deployed but it certainly didn't help them much. The important thing was that the chase was halted. Smoke filled the air, as Wrecker wiggled out of the wreckage. Pulling out his phone, he began to call 9-1-1.

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in."  - Hub McCann Secondhand Lions
Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "You just can't beat the person who never gives up." George Herman aka Babe Ruth

Humor : You aren't worth a fart in the wind. *Farts* I am more likely to hire that fart than you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey March 8th 2016, 7:40 pm

Samantha skidded to a stop as she saw the SUV fold up like paper. The gunner had even been ejected from the vehicle, sailing through the air and scraping off his face on the asphalt. The tinker could not help but cringe.

Moving in close to check on the other occupants, Velocity saw the stocky man extract himself from the knotted mess of metal. Before anything could be said, he was calling emergency services. The speedster began checking the men...

The driver was in the best shape, seeming to only have a cut torn into his forehead where he hit the wheel. Now he sat, unconcious, head drooping limply...

The passenger was less luckly. He had not been wearing a seatbelt and had struck the windshield. Now he was through the shattered windshield, blood on his face and spilling from his ears. Severe head injury...

The gunner was actually in better shape then at first expected. Though covered in scuffs, tears and friction burns, he was alive, if unconcious.

Finally, Samantha elected to address her fellow hero. "I could have handled that," she said, part of her still reluctant to accept metas.

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean March 11th 2016, 4:09 pm

Wrecker gave the address of the accident and the situation before popping off the phone. He looked over the other hero, making sure she was okay. Of course, her statement certainly called for a response. "That's not what this was about. I didn't get involved because I thought you were doing a bad job. I stopped the car the same reason you were presumably pursuing it. To protect this city's people and bring those who mean to do harm to justice."

Wrecker tightened his tie and ran his palm over his head, trying not to look at all the blood and bodies. "People like us do what we have to do. to use what we are given so that those who don't can still have a decent life, but if it offends you that much not being the only one stopping the bad guys, I can leave." He said, shrugging.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey March 13th 2016, 5:38 pm

"That's not what I..."  Samantha quickly trailed off.  Whatever she had meant, the man had a point.  He had managed to stop the vehicle without anyone getting hurt...anyone innocent getting hurt, she amended.

Then of course, came the fact that the..."dense man" (?) had mistaken her for a metahuman.  Ultimately, how different were they?  Both appeared to have superpowers, both wore disguises...her helmet being significantly more anonymous than the man's face paint...

After a brief sigh, she said, "Sorry.  You're right."  The sounds of sirens could now be heard, even through her helmet.  They were getting closer.  "Well, you seem to have everything in order...I guess I'll leave you to it?"  In a blur of black, the tinker was gone.

Rather than leave outright, Samantha doubled back.  Suddenly she was on the roof of a building overlooking the crash.  Taking off her helmet, she began to study one of her gauntlets, making sure it was undamaged as she glanced down to the street as emergency vehicles arrived.

However, she seemed to be paying little real attention to either of these tasks.  Instead, she seemed to focus on the fact that she was 0 for two in a game that only she seemed to play.  She was unsure exactly what she expected, but she did not want to head home just yet...

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean March 20th 2016, 1:45 pm

He went to try and stop her, maybe trade contact info in case one needed the other's help, or just in case they could be friends. Sadly, she already made a break for it killing that chance to gain an ally. No matter, in this town, they were bound to meet each other again. And if they didn't they would be others he could befriend.

Tightening his tie, the young man waited for the proper authorities to arrive. It would be hours before he could freely leave with the police needing a statement. Thankfully, when all was said and done, they told him go. He didn't need to come to the station, or anything, but the EMTs did want to make sure he was okay. Of course he was, but they were doing their jobs and he wasn't going to keep them from it. It wasn't like they could get a DNA sample from him, especially with his density being up at the time.

After they said he could go, Wrecker leapt from the street and landed on top of a building. Taking one last look. He wondered where the suited hero had made it off to.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey March 21st 2016, 10:52 pm

As she was getting ready to leave, Samantha saw the stocky man rocket skyward.  She studied his trajectory as he slowed his climb.  Then he came down again, landing nearby though facing away from her.  He seemed to land with surprising grace, not damaging the roof at all, in spite of his apparent brutishness...

"You have hops, I'll give you that," she said, her Welsh accent echoing through her helmet.  "Sorry about before," she continued.  "I was rude before."  She glanced toward the edge of the building in the direction of the incident.  "I just wasn't up for any questions..."  She paused a moment.

Turning back she asked, "Could we start over?  I use 'Velocity' as my handle."  She held out a hand and asked, "What should I call you?"

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean April 4th 2016, 1:26 pm

"Wrecker. And you have an attractive European accent, I'll give you THAT." He said, enthusiastically taking her hand into his. "And don't worry about it. You came over just to fix it, so you are alright in my book. It's not a very big book and has pop ups. Very special for you to be included."

The young man tightened his tie and offered a friendly smile. "So...Velocity, what's your story? What can you do? I am curious. Are you all suit?" Wrecker blinked. "I uh...didn't mean to rhyme that time. Please ignore that as well." He was trying to keep his composure but he really hated seeming like a Dr. Suess character. "You been in NY long?"

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey April 5th 2016, 9:01 pm

Samantha stood silent, listening to this appropriately named hero speak.  She blushed invisibly under her helmet at his comment on her accent.  There was a minor twinge in her shoulder after an overly enthusiastic handshake but it would not prove to be an issue in the long run.

As Wrecker spoke though, the Tinker-Speedster began to giggle uncontrollably.  "I'm sorry," she said, trying to control her reaction.  "I swear, I do not mean to laugh at you."  She coughed, finally getting control of herself.  But to her, it had seemed so strange for a metahuman to seem so...normal.

"Ahem."  Sam cleared her throat, reclaiming her composure. "Actually," she began, finally bringing herself to continue the conversation. "I've only been in America for a year, now. Building this suit as a matter of fact." She tilted her head as she continued, sounding dubious. "By the by, I don't know what you meant by being 'all suit.'"

"What about you? You been in New York long?" She smirked as she spoke further: "And how does one get much traction as a hero by 'wrecking' things?"

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean April 16th 2016, 9:29 pm

Wrecker actually smiled at her laughing, assuming it was because we was being a silly ass. Admittedly, her girlish laughing made him blush a little. It wasn't often girls reacted with anything other than disgust or ignore, like she had the first time. Nevertheless, it turns out he was right. She was certainly not from around here.

"I have lived in New York pretty much my whole life. I just have not lived in the city very long. I still feel attached to it, like I did my home. Feels like I have lived here forever, but I know I haven't hit a half a year yet. As for traction, lets just say I have been in court for trying to break up a demonic ritual."

Wrecker shrugged, trying to show he still didn't know how it all when down. "As for what I meant, I was just wondering if the suit enhances your skill or if it gives you any skill at all." He smiled. "Not that it matters either way. I was just curious. It's a very intricate looking suit. I'm not much of a mechanic, but even a goofball like myself can see a lot of intelligence and work went into it. Can it shoot missiles and stuff? That would be so cool!" He said, smiling brightly.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey April 17th 2016, 11:53 pm

"Oh, er, thank you," Samantha muttered as she heard the hero's complement. "Actually," she began as she tried to explain her suit.  "My suit is the source of my...abilities.  It is the only reason I can move."  Fearing she had revealled too much of herself, she quickly added, "-so fast."

Trying to move on quickly, Sam said, "Aside from that, I do have one more weapon I have access to..."  Deciding to show off, the young woman pointed her left palm toward the sky.  A bolt of electricity was projected straight up into the clouds.  "Sadly, I only have two shots and I don't seem to be very good with them..."

"Honestly," Samantha said, taking a seat on the edge of the building.  "I seem to be rather rubbish at the whole hero-ing think."  Glancing over toward the stacky man, she said, "This is actually the second time I've failed at 'playing hero' and I'm starting to wonder..."  Samantha trailed off, not wanting to turn into the weepy waif she suddenly felt like.

"Anyway..." Sam said, pushing away from the building's lip. "I should probably be going. This suit needs a lot of upkeep to stay in working order. Good bye, I supposed?" She was still uncomfortable around metas in spite of her progress.

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean May 1st 2016, 11:24 pm

He blinked at the slight pause between words, but she moved the topic to something else that keep him from thinking too much about it. She probably just had colliding thoughts. It was something that happened to him from time to time. Of course, if she didn't have his attention before, what looked and sounded like lightning made him flinch a bit. "Practice makes perfect, besides, that was awesome. You hit someone with that...and they are going to be rather hurt. Unless, they are made of electricity or something."

As she tried to take her leave, the young heroine gave her opinion of the first couple of times "heroing". Wrecker gave her a dismissive wave. "Nonsense, V-Lo. I say the only way to get lucky the first couple of times is to actually be able to manipulate probability. Which, for the record, I have never heard of. Keep at it. I have not been doing this very long either, not to say what you say had any sort of skill attached to it."

He sort of shrugged, but smiled all the same. "Still, I had fun chatting with you. Once you get your suit back up to snuff, I'd be happy to join you. A little 1-2 duo, as I don't have speed or cool weapons. Could be fun. Any chance I could have a way to reach you? A phone number, in case I need your help?" He said, pulling out his phone.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey May 9th 2016, 9:46 pm

Samantha glanced at the metahuman's phone. She had grown a bit nervous. She had only the one phone and was a bit leery about giving it up to someone who was basically a stranger. Then she decided, "what's the harm?" "Sure, though I don't have my phone on me," she said.

Standing close enough to peer at the screen she recited ten digits, a standard phone number in the states. This would allow him to contact her while she was out of the suit...

But what if she was already in the suit? Sam eventually took off and she soon found herself perched on another roof, examining her helmet. It was a basic helmet, really, with a windscreen to protect her eyes. But all of a sudden, she wondered if it could be more. Com system for talking to people in the field, targeting system to link with her gauntlets. There was a whole suite of systems, programs and hardware she could build into a helmet.

She really had to thank this Wrecker. With his inspiration, she had seem more than a few ways to upgrade her suit.

Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean May 23rd 2016, 12:17 pm

Wrecker nodded, putting her in as Velocity for his contacts. Probably not the smartest thing, but he didn't have any clue on what else he should call her. Besides maybe...Hot accent girl. But that would be rather demeaning and he refused to do that. "I'll text you or something, so that you have my number. Probably just hello or maybe a goofy emoji. I love sending those." He said, smiling to himself.

Little did she know what she had done. She gave her number to a highly social, and somewhat oddball of an individual. But how was she to know that Wrecker was a damn goof? Soon, she would sure find out. Hopefully, she wouldn't mind. Not like he was hurting anyone. As soon as she left, the young man waved and proceeded to sit on the edge of the rooftop. Taking a deep breath he decided to send the promised text, and tighten his tie.

"Hello, It's Wrecker! It was SO nice to meet you! 8D" And sent.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top