The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» Fusion Frenzy
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTerror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_voting_barTerror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTerror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_voting_barTerror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Terror worms [Wrecker]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terror worms [Wrecker] - Page 2 Empty Re: Terror worms [Wrecker]

Post by Atlas November 4th 2015, 3:28 am

Now that they didn't need to fly through the tunnel, he could let down the slightly wriggling male that was latched onto his back. once that was done he ran his fingertips over the cold surface of the wall, more testing the strength of the wall more than anything else. "I don't know why theres the lead wall, but it won't be there for long." Atlas noted with a shrug before letting his hand dig into the wall, feeling the metal bend around his hands. It gave way without much difficulty and within a matter of moments sterile light would flow over him.

What lay beyond the wall was a sort of lab room, with tubes lining the wall filled with variously sized....worms within tubes. "Well I think we found where the worms came from." He muttered stepping into the room, looking for anything else of interest. "But there aren't any scientists, which feels really questionable. Maybe they're cloning the dinosaurs or something like that." Not exactly a likely idea, however it was something that would possibly happen considering the giant worm.

There were a few screens settled upon the wall with things flashing across them that he did not really understand. It might have been important stuff involving the worms around them within their test tubes. That was when he took notice of what appeared to be a camera, something that was focused upon them of all things. As soon as he took notice of it an alarm would begin to go off as the wall itself would rapidly close behind them. Within a matter of seconds men dressed within black would appear in the only door that lead out of the room with weapons trained upon them.  

"Security's here, damn."

Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 4th 2015, 11:25 am

He dusted himself off, out of habit, and because it was a dirt tunnel. Watching Atlas go to work, he shined the light back up the tunnel. After checking their six, he turned off the phone and stepped into the underground lab. Wrecker grimaced at the worms in jars and the other science tools and notes. "At least cloning dinosaurs would be cool." He replied. "But worms? Why? And what for?"

Wrecker rummaged through papers before the alarm went off. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwww." Putting the papers down, he sighed, turning to the apparent security. "Do you mind? We are doing science. Get out."

He rolled his shoulders, and cracked his neck. A sound similiar to cracking knuckles could be hear. "Or else."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in."  - Hub McCann Secondhand Lions
Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "You just can't beat the person who never gives up." George Herman aka Babe Ruth

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 107
Job : Graphic Design Intern
Humor : You aren't worth a fart in the wind. *Farts* I am more likely to hire that fart than you.
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 4th 2015, 6:15 pm

Now caught proverbial red handed, Atlas wasn't too sure what they could do from there beyond either run away or deal with the security. Unfortunately he did not have any manner of mind control powers, so that was not a thing. "Wow, security that actually responds, well that was not something I was expecting." Atlas muttered to himself genuinely interested before returning to the fact that they were now being threatened with potentially dangerous weapons. Unless these guys weren't so prepared for metahumans, then they were in no danger at all. With wrecker probably squaring up for a fight, well maybe he should do the same.

"I take these guys out and you...keep reading those papers. Might be something important in there." With that quick imperative given, Atlas would appear to be a blur of motion as he rapidly closed the distance between himself and these guards. before they even knew it, one of their weapons was ripped from their hands, being thrown so hard against the wall that it practically broke apart. Given so little time, the only thing the others could do was turn their weapons towards him before the barrels were forcibly bent downwards to make them for the most part useless.

"I bet you were expecting this to go differently, right?" With impressive speed he knocked them all out with swift punches, but then again human guards were not as efficient against a metahuman super weapon. Should Wrecker have read through the papers further, he would have read about a strange agent known as Ichor. Mostly information about it having a strange rapid mutagenic property when exposed to live tissue in certain amounts, causing mutation as well as potential superhuman capabilities. This suggested that something more was going on than just worms.

"So, what did you find out?" Atlas asked looking down to the now unconscious guards before returning his attention to his ally.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 4th 2015, 6:54 pm

"Sure. Take the fun out. Jerk." He said, with a big smile. Wrecker was fine with gathering information. Something he should probably get used to doing anyways. Investigation was an important part to hero work. Sometimes, it makes all the difference.

Reading along, he ignores the action going on behind him. Hearing Atlas trash talk made him chuckle, as more and more of this operation became revealed. "Ichor?" He said to himself. Taking in the information, Atlas's question made him jolt a bit. "Oh. Yeah. I think they found a material capable of creating more people like us. More than just worms, certainly." Wrecker steps over and handed him the papers already looked over.

What's more is that this material makes Wrecker look into his own past, knowing his power comes from a mutated gene.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in."  - Hub McCann Secondhand Lions
Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "You just can't beat the person who never gives up." George Herman aka Babe Ruth

Humor : You aren't worth a fart in the wind. *Farts* I am more likely to hire that fart than you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 4th 2015, 7:53 pm

Now pleased with his own work, Atlas looked to Wrecker who appeared to have made some advancements within their own research. "Ichor, that sounds kinda weird." Atlas sighed, taking the papers and looking them over with a cursory glance. They appeared to be talking about some manner mutagen and If that were the case then maybe someone was trying to form a metahuman army. if that were the case, then he would have to do something about that quick. "Alright this is looking pretty bad, this could probably be used to make some kind of super army. I mean it looks like it anyway." Setting the papers down he looked to Wrecker with a slight serious expression.

"If that's the case it looks like we need to stop them." The problem being that he had no idea how they would do that. "We should probably find where they store this Ichor substance and destroy all the samples. Maybe destroy their mainframe too, dunno if they have any information stored on it too." Stopping the potential for a superhuman war was the first thing on his mind, and finding out how to do that was more important than anything else. Rolling his shoulders, a low popping sound filled the room for a moment.

Motioning for Wrecker to follow behind him, Atlas stepped out into what looked to be a hallway taking a few pages from evil genetic labs 101. With it's sterile looking walls and overall clean feel to it, something told him that. "Though I guess doing all of that...may be a little harder than just saying it." Pausing for a few seconds, Atlas hummed annoyedly. "I wonder if this place has a map. Evil science labs should totally have a map. Oh well, I guess we should....follow the signs that are obviously on the wall."

While not genre savvy, these evil guys sure knew how to unwittingly help the heroes anyway. With eyes focused upon the signs clinging to the wall, a small grin crept across his face. Red lights continued to flash across the walls as the sirens would keep blaring, so maybe that needed to be dealt with too,"Ugh, that sound is getting really annoying. I wonder if I have to smash something to make it stop. I bet there's a control room for this kind of thing, maybe it has a map too." Tapping into his x-ray vision, Atlas looked downward which yielded better results than before.

Sure, some rooms could not be seen but he did take notice of a rather large computer a floor down. Raising one fist into the air, he slammed it into the ground with exceptional force, creating a hole within the floor as he dropped to the one below it. Steel, and various other metals meant little when he intended to get through them. "Okay, we just need to head down this hallway and we're golden." That was when he took notice of a few guys in lab coats staring at them incredulously.  

"Ummmm...don't mind us. We're just looking for your super computer."
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 5th 2015, 4:24 am

"A super army. Can't have that, now can we?" He nodded along with Atlas's idea of taking this place down. "Destroy anything that looks important, and make sure this idea never sees the light of day. Makes sense to me. Hopefully, anyone smart enough to leave will do so soon. Because this whole operation is going to be getting wrecked." With a straight face, he went down the hallway with Atlas.

"All the intelligence to do this, but can't remember how to find anything from the bathroom to the lunch room. Ludicrous, if you ask me. Yeah, lets go see if the bad guys have a map." Moving down the hallway, the bright red sirens were distracting and started to make Wrecker feel like he is going off the handle. Thank god Atlas said something, otherwise he might not have said anything himself. "You and me both. If that doesn't work, lets find the security wing. They probably have it there."

Watching Atlas next pound the floor, and literally fall in, before doing the same. He smiled and adjusted his tie, nodded to the guys and gals in lab coats. "If you know what is good for your career and overall health, you might want to see more legitimate employment. This place is getting shut down. Now." He then kicks an entire table of desktop computers, send them flying towards the wall, smashing and crashing. The scientists then fled the room. "Sorry. Just wanted to give them a chance to pick a better life."

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 5th 2015, 5:27 pm

"Heh I got that." Atlas chuckled to himself upon making notice of the slight pun being made, though indeed things were going to get wrecked. Sadly enough finding a super computer was rather easy considering that they didn't make any robot drones or something to protect themselves. While he was considering the logistics of dismantling computers, Wrecker appeared to force the scientists to scatter while they did their good stuff. "It's all good." He responded while punching through the wall into another room entirely as his eyes fell upon what looked to be a rather large....computer thing.

"That was.....a little too easy." Atlas noted to himself before shrugging. "Not like I'm gonna complain about an easy job though." Stepping through the new doorway made by his fist, blinking lights filling the room. It felt as if this whole room was removed from some kind of old sci fi movie, though with a likely better computer. "Okay, I guess I just punch this thing until it stops working." So that was what he would do, approaching the processor looking bit and slamming a fist with exceptional force into the center as his fingers curled around what was assumed to be wires.

Sparks shot outwards as he continued to rip more and more until he was sure that it would shut down, but instead something else had happened. Self destruct sequence initiated. Base set to explode in t-minus three minutes.  

"Oh crap....this is not good." Within a matter of seconds Atlas began to panic as he realized that...there were likely more people within the building and he could not just let them get exploded. "Okay I think you know the way out of here, right? I have a few things to do before everything blows up so......meet you at the giant worm hole?"
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 6th 2015, 3:39 pm

Wrecker obnoxiously smiled, when Atlas mentioned that the pun was duely noted. As the big man started musing at the idea that this was some sort of trap, Wrecker just sort of sat there. Watching the hole be made and the destruction of the computer had him looking out, to make sure there wasn't more bad guys about.

Of course, when the classic self destruction alarm went off, he groaned. "Damnnnnnn it. I should have known scientists would have something like this. At least the base won't be anymore issues."

With Atlas in a panic, Wrecker raised an eyebrow. "You are actually suggesting that I just go wait by the car? Hell no! We don't have time to argue. Just tell me what I need to do, on the way. Lets go."

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 9th 2015, 4:22 pm

Having someone worry about his own well being was a new one really, granted he had lived around people that expected him to be some indestructible thing for so long that he believed he was himself. [olor=brown]"It's not that I want to leave you by a car or anything, but...as far as I know I'm the only one that can run supersonic speeds and I think there are a few people in the blast radius. Just gonna pick them up and I'll meet with ya."[/color] Atlas explained as quick as he could without leaving the male confused, offering a sly smirk and a wink visible through his mask.

"I'll be out in like....two minutes tops, plenty of time.' Atlas was hoping they would understand, though in the small chance that he could not escape, well hopefully his powers would allow him to at least protect the people within his hands. "So I'll see you there." Not really giving them much room to argue, he was gone within a flash realizing that reaching his top speed was a little easier than it usually is. The whole world still moved within it's slow motion  as he zoomed through the halls, picking up each person as he went.

They likely did not known what was happening, but then again that was to be expected when someone was moving too fast to even see. Luckily whoever ran this place didn't want too large of a staff or maybe they were working some manner of person that could multiply themselves, which would have saved a lot of money on manpower. Within a matter of a minute and a half he had around five men held now, though that was more difficult than one would imagine, and then the leaving portion came about. The problem came when he remembered that Wrecker likely would not be able to get out of here before the whole exploding thing happened.

"Wow Damian, you really dropped the ball on this." He growled to himself before taking off as fast as he could to where he last remembered the male was. He had a little room to pick the male up, so this should work in his favor, but then again maybe they didn't even need to take the wormhole as he had so caliloquetly put it considering how long it took them to get through that. "Okay Wrecker, don't got much time.....ummm...we're going up." That was what he said once finding his fellow hero, taking hold of their collar and releasing a rather bright blue beam of energy from his eyes upwards in a cone shape.

Luckily it appeared everything touched just sorta was destroyed, making flying upwards rather easy considering that his eyes were way ahead of them when it came to breaking ground. All it took was a minute and light was found as they were once again above ground and Atlas set everyone down as gently as he could manage. Letting out a sigh he took notice of the fact they were not too far off from where the worm had went down. That was when a low rumble could be heard below them as some flames were belched from the hole that he created, as the men in white oats leapt back from it. All of that physical exertion however had left Atlas somewhat exhausted, shown by his shoulders sagging and perhaps a slightly paler tone to his skin.

"Sorry about grabbing you by the ummm...collar. Didn't have much time...or arm room to just pick you up."
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 10th 2015, 7:53 pm

Wrecker usually had a quick response, but he couldn't argue with Atlas. Partly due to him rushing off quicker to a retail worker's paycheck, and the other part being that he was right. He was not a speedster. Hell, even on a human scale, he was pretty slow. If it wasn't for his power, Richard Kennedy would be a piss poor hero. But still, it made him feel empty realizing this and it him feel rather inadequate. Sighing and jogging, he made to head back towards the exit.

Atlas's presence and announcement barely registered with him. "Wha--" Then his collar was taken and then he was yanked up and was flying again. His stomach jumped up into his throat, which already had his heart there from the sudden ascent. "Hnnng!" Wrecker held onto his new partner's leg, just in case.

When the surface was found, and Wrecker got his feet on the ground, composure started to come back. "I understand. You did what you could." Seeing all Atlas could do, Wrecker felt outclassed and debating telling him so. Feeling the ordeal was over, and the people were saved, Wrecker tightened his tie and turned away the group. "It was good working with you, Atlas, but perhaps this partnership might be a little....lopsided. I wish you luck." With that, Wrecker started walking away.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 10th 2015, 8:09 pm

With his second mission completed, Atlas felt accomplished and doing so with someone else left a certain good feeling within him. It was good they didn't even hold the awkward manner of holding them again him, and yet something bothered him. It was something about their tone perhaps, but he couldn't help following after them as they walked away. "You guys....don't do anymore bad stuff or I'll beat you up. Alright?" With one last glance towards the scientist he flew after Wrecker, hovering over a few inches above the air after them.

"Lopsided? Whaddya mean by that?" He asked with a genuine curiosity, adding some speed before landing before the male. "I mean did you see when you body slammed that worm thing? I mean I don't really see anything lopsided there. That was awesome, I mean....I may have overdone it with the speed back there but.."

He paused, scratching his chin for a second. "Well...what I'm trying to say is I wanna work you again sometime. Do some more hero stuff....would that be cool with you? We could be a super awesome team like Knightwatch or GUN once was, minus the whole falling apart thing." All of it sounded great in his head, however that may have not been same with the male that he was conversing with.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 10th 2015, 8:42 pm

Wrecker was startled, as Atlas landed in front of him. "Meaning..." He looked down, trying not to sound bitter or anything along those lines. "Think of it this way, you are the guy who always gets picked in gym, and I...don't get picked. You know?" He shrugs as Atlas continued on to propose a more permanent partnership.

"Of course. I will help out, if I can, but it doesn't look like I am needed." He said, lightly chuckling, trying to keep from making his statement seem to negative. "Even if we did start making this a more common, wouldn't you have to clear it with your headset?"

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 10th 2015, 9:06 pm

That was when it hit him like a ton of bricks. He hadn't asked about forming a partnership, which would likely annoy his higher ups considering they liked to be informed about those kind of things.  Still something about what they said did make him wonder. "You're...actually right. Gimme just a second." He said holding a hand up before hovering a few feet away and softly pressing on the connection button thing. "Mission Control, I have a small request that I need to ask my handler." For a few seconds he would hear nothing before someone came on the other end.

"What is it? You said you needed me for something." The voice on the other end held that usual tone, not quite annoyed but not really in the mood either. Just hearing it made him cringe slightly, but he wasn't too bothered by it.

"I finished the mission just as ordered, but....well I encountered another metahuman like I'm sure you know. Well we worked together to take down this strange facility not too far off from the site...well I think I may have found myself a partner in heroism."

"You believe so?" They sounded slightly interested, or maybe just skeptical.

"Yeah! They're pretty cool and have this cool density power. I was hoping I could work with them more." There was a small amount of silence before he got a response.

"Well, you were meant to be a hero. Whether you work with someone or not is up to you. Just remember that the actions of your partner will reflect upon you should they become associated with you. So be sure they...won't drag your reputation through the mud." All Atlas heard however was a yes, and that was more than enough for him as he hung up the connection and flew back over to Wrecker.

"Well they seem to have no problem with that." He said, hands resting on his hips while looking down to his new ally with a smirk. Honestly he was feeling a little drained but then again not like he could let that show to his fellow heroes. Throwing an arm over the hero, he couldn't help but like his excitement show.  "Do we need to think up a cool duo name or does that come later on? I could probably think of something cool, unless you have a better one. I mean Atlas and Wrecker probably has a lot of potential, though The Dynamic Duo is a bit overplayed."
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulean November 10th 2015, 9:34 pm

Wrecker smiled, looking down at his shoes. Listening to Atlas talk him up like central command was a girl in a bar, was rather amusing and it made him feel good. The other hero was pulling hard for this little alliance, and he started to feel a little bit better about the whole thing.

When Atlas put his arm over him, he grew a little red in the face. Being this close to a stranger still had an odd effect him. Wrecker was certainly not usually the type to start touching, other a handshake or the like.

"We could always just sit down and think of one." He reached up and patted Atlas's chest, since it would have been weird to reach all the way u to his shoulder. "I am sure we will think of something, big man."

Cerulean
Cerulean
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top