The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Reave I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Reave I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Reave I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Reave I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Reave I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Reave I_vote_lcapReave I_voting_barReave I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Reave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reave Empty Reave

Post by The Pale Kestrl July 27th 2015, 6:46 pm

Reave
I'm the kind of guy you want to call in when need the kind of destruction you'd see from a natural disaster

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Reave
Title:  
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6' 3"
Weight:
Blood type: A

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:

Felix is first off an imposing person, tall and well built he cuts a swath through any crowd of people and has a personality to match. Often with those he has yet to know he is civil but to the point, as a man of action and conflict he isn't one to mince words and won't shy away from giving the blunt opinion, not out of malice or cruelty but often because he feels the recipient must face a harsh truth. Or an employers needs to know when their plan will not work. Although being a killer for hire Felix isn't without mercy or compassion, he will shy away from unrestrained brutality and tries to ensure only those that are marked for death are dead by the end of the assignment. However there are always complications on the job and Felix isn't one to back down from hard decisions if they are in his best interests. While many people see him as a short sighted and morally ambiguous person Felix does have driving motives more powerful than people would expect. He believes in trying to make a better world and many of his contracts reflect that urge. Many times he has been the catalyst that has pushed other more heroic individuals to greater acts of virtue. Or he himself has briefly taken up the mantle.

History:

Born to a lower class London family Felix's early life was as harsh up bringing. His father worked at the docks and had developed a drinking problem early on in his life while Felix's mother was much more stable, working a newspaper job for a local firm. With both his parents often out Felix was forced to look after himself and spent much of his young life on the street's with his friends. He didn't excel at school, not fully seeing the point in all the lessons when he could be outside having his own amazing adventures away from all the boredom. He was however a happy child, until around the age of 15.

By this stage his Dad's drinking problem had reached breaking point and his Felix's mother soon left for the center of the city and away from Felix's father. This only spurred the man further down his line of drink and force Felix even further away from his house. Around the same time the neighborhood Felix was growing up in grew rougher and soon he found himself being sucked into the gangs that had entered the area. He joined up with a group call 'The Rooks' and quickly learned how to fight as the gang violence increased. The next few years were a pretty dangerous time and Felix spent little to no time at home as well as dropping out of school. He never joined in the more illicit parts of the Rooks but was always ready to fight any rivals that came him way.

A year or so later Felix's life would change completely. Coming home one evening to pick up some clothes he was confronted by his father. Heavily intoxicated and raving the man blamed his son for the loss of his job, his poverty and the fact that his wife left him. Before Felix could react his father leapt on him and the two became locked in a vicious struggle. In the moments of surprise and fear Felix's metagene activated. Not knowing his to control his powers Felix couldn't stop himself shattering every bone in his fathers body. Stepping away from the corpse he desperately tried to stop himself from shaking the house apart. One destroyed wall later Felix was able to stop himself and he was able to take in what had happened. Fearing repercussion for shattering his fathers skeleton he decided to flee his childhood stomping grounds. Gathering what belonging's he wanted he ran from his house and further up into London.

Felix would resort to living on the streets for a few months until he was hit by a stroke of luck. His actions were picked up by a few groups but only one was able to track him down. An new international paramilitary group called Task-force M. Task-force M was a new mercenary unit set up by a group of meta-humans and secretly funded by a shadow agency with the mission to act as a covert international strike force designed to deal with rising threats were other more overt groups couldn't or wouldn't operate.It was here that Felix learned to master his powers as well as received his training in advanced combat. He, along with six other young meta-humans, would train to be an effective combat unit.His previously violent youth would make his a prefect candidate for the task-force and by the age of 19 he and his other team mates were out on assignment. I would be within Task-Force M that he would receive his pseudonym Reave.

They would take part in many covert actions, including striking down a growing African meta-human warlord, engaging a rouge superhuman cell of MI5 in England and shutting down a criminal syndicate in Japan. During these missions Felix often used his powers to break into the objective, using his powers to rend doors from their hinges or rip holes in walls to create escape ways. Despite the constant conflict Felix was very happy at this point in his life, feeling that the had a goal to work toward.

However, little did the members of the task force realize that their employers had a far more sinister motive. Over the years the leaders of the task-force, under the orders of their mysterious benefactors, worked to install a series of neural commands, mental kill switches and other inbuilt commands designed to turn the team into a completely ruthless unit that would kill with question while being completely obedient to their commanders. Not soon after the indoctrination begun the Assault on New York begun and the plans to implemented the unit were accelerated as was the indoctrination.

All the members of Task-force M would have become slaves had it not been for a telepathic hero called Seraph, who had been tracking rumors of the task-force after a mission into Russia. Managing to sneak into the secret base that they were hiding in and discovered the indoctrination procedures. She was able to locate and free the task members before their minds were totally stolen. With the team now back to their senses Seraph convinced them to aid her in taking down the task-force, something Felix had no had time in agreeing with.

The sudden assault from inside their own facility was as unexpected as it was destructive and in the ensuing battle all the leaders of the task force were killed, although at the cost of a few of Felix's teammates. However, those that survived were now free. Before he could say thank you Seraph had disappeared, Felix wouldn't even learn who she was or whom she was working for. Choosing to strike out alone Felix chose the life of a mercenary but still held on to the beliefs he'd gained in him with with Task-Force. That he could, help lead the world to a more prosperous future.  

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Seismic Energy Generation: Felix's main power is the ability to generate seismic energy from his body. In practice this means that Felix creates a form of energy field around him that he can then manipulate to direct into a variety of effects. A common use of this powers include, rending armor with a punch, breaking a mans bones with ease or creating vibrations through the floor to disrupt his enemies. He can also enhance his swords cutting ability by oscillating the blade edge. If focusing hard enough Felix can theoretically bring down a house or, at the top end of his powers, start an earthquake

Enhanced Strength: Felix's body is evolved to take the strain of his body creating strong vibration energies and as such his muscles are significantly denser than the average human. Similarly he is much stronger than an average human. He it's not his main power Felix can still bend metal and splinter wood with ease.

Enhanced Durability: Much the same with the above power Felix's body is much more dense than an average human and as such gives him enhanced protection against some physical attacks. While he can't body check missiles out of the way he can take more punishment than most.

Weakness(es)

Touch based powers: To use his powers effectively Felix must be in contact with whatever he wants to affect as his vibrations don't travel well through the air and loose power the further away he gets. As such the worse of his abilities can be avoided if one stays out of physical contact with him.

Charge time: It does take a few seconds for Felix to reach the right vibration frequency where he can affect something. For example once he has grabbed someones wrist there are a few seconds were he must start sending the vibrations to snap their bones. In that time it is possible to disengage his hand before the bones are broken. Also the larger and more dense the object is the longer he must hold on.

Focus: To achieve the more terrifying effects of his powers, such as rending a man's skeleton, destroying a house or causing an earthquake Felix must focus all his effort into the direction of his energy and as such is heavily unaware of his surroundings at the time.

Equipment

Despite being powerful in his own right Felix escalates things even further with an array of equipment and weapons to face his enemies. From guns to his suit Felix is ready for any situation.

SHOCKWAVE Suit: Gained from his time in Task-force M the SHOCKWAVE is designed to work to Felix's strengths, allowing increased protections without harming his maneuverability or power use. The suit is made of densely packed Ferrocene over a light Kevlar weave. The mix is strong enough to absorb a a lot of damage before failing. It also comes included with a helmet and with a built in heads up display for added situation awareness. The suit is still vulnerable to conventional weapons and enough damage will punch through the armor and the on board software can be disabled via EMP's or other forms of electronic warfare.

Two Modified Pistols: Created by the gunsmiths of Task-Force M these two handguns are more powerful than the average pistol. With Felix's reinforced bone structure they can fire a much higher caliber round, allowing for more penetrative power. While this makes them much more powerful they are hampered by the same limitations as any gun in that they must be reloaded, which takes at least a post, and can only hold 30 rounds in a clip.

Multi-role Assault rifle: A weapon of war purchased early in Reave's mercenary career this assault rifle is able to fill any role from breaching weapon to a marksman rifle dependent on the ammunition and upgrades he adds to it. Reloading takes at least a post and if he chooses to switch configurations then that requires a post or two depending on the level of activity around him.

• Assault Configuration: The primary configuration of the assault rifle which features a 60 round magazine as well as fully automatic and burst fire modes. This configuration works best at close to medium range as the increased fire rate reduces accuracy considerably.

• Marksman Configuration: By switching out the magazine and adding both a scope and longer barrel Felix can turn his assault rifle into a much more powerful long range weapon. This configuration is for long range precision shooting that, while not on part with something like a sniper rifle, packs a much heavier punch. Due to the larger caliber rounds fired by this configuration the magazine size is reduced to 35. Outside of long range this configuration is highly difficult to use as it can only fire a single round as many more will do damage to the guns internal systems.

Longsword: A gift from an old friend some years ago Felix's sword is a new age creation. Built to withstand Felix's vibration powers he can cause the blades edge to oscillate and increase it's cutting power exponentially. As it is a long sword it can be wielded in one or two hands and in Felix's hands is a deadly weapon. A downside to the sword is that Felix can't maintain the oscillation effect forever so he can only use it in bursts and without the extra cutting power the blade is just a blade.

Physical Priority

Agility 4
Endurance 1
Reaction 3
Strength 2
[/b]

Last edited by The Pale Kestrl on July 28th 2015, 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing assault rifle)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Young and wayward Energy powered metahuman just trying to do some good: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seismic empowered mercenary looking for work: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Young vigilante trying to make his own mark: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Pale Kestrl
The Pale Kestrl

Quote : "Impressive toys you have there boy. But your playing in the big leagues now" Felix "Reave" Black

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 56
Job : Roguish Traveller
Humor : Well, the worlds a pretty funny place
Registration date : 2015-07-12

Back to top Go down

Reave Empty Re: Reave

Post by Zell July 28th 2015, 7:42 pm

Note:
This power requires permission in order to access the higher tier such as a total Earthquake (Terms as discussed in the Cbox and graciously accepted by Pale)

That said, Awesome character!

Approved until stated otherwise.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top