The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Octasquad I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
The Octasquad I_vote_lcapThe Octasquad I_voting_barThe Octasquad I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Octasquad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Octasquad Empty The Octasquad

Post by CaptainGrue July 11th 2015, 12:22 pm

Hello again Kitty Face

Jeremy Bennit
aka The Octasquad

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: The Octasquad (Or White, Green, Orange, Red, Brown, Blue, Yellow and Purple to identify each individual clone)
Title: The Octasquad
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: Black, short and untidy
Eyes:Brown
Height:5.8 ft/1.76 metres
Weight:145 pounds
Blood type:Metagene/Type B

The Looks

Jeremy Bennit's face is somewhere along these lines:
Spoiler:

When in costume, each version of Bennit wears the same black stealth gear. A slim black suit with a helmet that completely covers the face. Each helmet can display a line of LEDs that light up in a color specific to that clone. Their names are of course White, Green, Orange, Red, Brown, Blue, Yellow, Purple. I'll give ya 8 guesses to match all of them up,

The entire costume would be a lot like Zero's from Borderlands, so here ya go.
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: Bennit is smart, calm and collected. Before obtaining his 'ability',  Jeremy worked extremely efficiently and effectively by himself and gained a strong sense of independence. This being said, Bennit is remarkably determined with a strong sense of will though his modesty may prevent him from acknowledging it. He's open to teamwork (even more so since his current state came into being) though has no real experience in working with anyone other than himself. He also has a moderate sense of humor but pays no attention to pop culture so he's likely to miss a beat every now and then. Most powerful is Jeremy's comprehension and logic, he's an excellent planner and a genius when it comes to problem solving. And that's emotional or electrical.

The advent of the Octasquad didn't change too much in Jeremy's personality. Or at least it seemed this way. Jeremy hides a lot of his inner thoughts and intends not to speak about them.

History: Jeremy Bennit lived a painfully middle-class life in Brisbane. When he graduated from high school, Jezza was content on living alone. He was obsessed with electronics at the time and was a little oblivious to any romantic implications on his life. He continued to live at his parents home without a job until at age 19 he started his own tradey business. Bennit learnt quick, putting his hobby into practice as he saw each job as a new puzzle to solve. This was all Jeremy needed in his life, he thought. No other crazy ambitions, just a lifetime playing with sparks. He had tried inventions of his own, but he was far more successful at fixing kinks in hardware or rewiring circuits so they would behave differently. However, completely out of the blue Jeremy Bennit at 22 was stricken with love. Her name was Tabitha Earnest. Bennit had no idea what exactly it was. It was impossible to pin it down to the face, whatever little hobbies they shared or her personality. It just clicked perfectly into place like circuitry. So, they bought a home together and lived as a couple would. When Bennit was 25 the couple had a small separation for six months but both of them at the same time seemed to be pulled back together. This ran along smoothly. At last Bennit proposed in a local restaurant at 30, and by 31 they were married. To add to Jeremy's perfect world was Tabitha's pregnancy when he turned 32.

But there's no place for romance in a world like this.

It was a vacation. Destination: New York. It seemed too damn pleasant, but when all hell broke loose Tabitha and Jeremy ran for their lives, hand in hand. Jeremy blacked out, and when he came back around there were seven other duplicates of himself who all looked just as astounded. Tabitha was trapped under building fragments and cement, and others were crying out for help. Immediately all eight duplicates worked to release her, and upon doing so found that her legs were completely crushed. She had been dead for a while. Jeremy would have stayed there for hours crying if it wasn't for one thing. Something in Jeremy's head that compelled him to act.

"Save them."

He didn't have to say anything. All clones collectively understood, and helped the best they could with saving the ones who could live on. This was the birth of the Octasquad. Jeremy had no idea why, but didn't care for the details. This was how it is. Jeremy realized he couldn't have all 8 of himself return to Australia on the one plane, so he sent one clone to board a plane home. A few minutes after the plane left, all versions of Jeremy Bennit (wearing hoodies outside Philadelphia Airport) began to feel a pain they could sense from outside their, no, his body. Not too long later and they all simultaneously cringed and cried out in pain. He rushed as a group as one of the clones ran into a bathroom, and cried as another body climbed out of his. The clothes were cloned as well, and he instantly understood what happened. He decided to get a hotel room, and not too long after Jeremy had all eight selves of his doing electrical jobs all around Philadelphia. I turns out the version of Jeremy that was to fly to Australia did in fact die, apparently to a heart attack. Post traumatic stress, the news said. This was convenient for what Jeremy wanted to do. Jeremy figured the ins and outs of his new body, and worked on a suit he could wear to fight crime. Something basic, he wasn't a damn clothes designer. Black motorcycle gear, carbon fibre materials. Keep it basic. Though, Jeremy couldn't help but be amused with a particular idea.

Eight black figures stood on top of the hotel roof, and each had their visors light up.
White. Green. Orange. Red. Brown. Blue. Yellow. Purple.
It's now the present. He is the Octasquad.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Cognitive Link: They can each think separately but share a link that allows them to act in unison.  All versions of Jeremy share a limited cognitive connection with each other in which one clone could react to an unseen punch another version saw without being able to see through their eyes. The link also lets them share information without any sort of telepathic messages. Pain is not directly shared but the cognitive connection allows all clones to understand what is happening to which exact clone. This ability is Jeremy's greatest strength.

Power 2: Duplication: Jeremy can indeed clone himself if he wants, but 8 is the optimal number. The clothes he wears are also duplicated. Each clone shares exactly the same values with no impairments. There is no 'original' and each clone may then clone itself the same way. The duplication process may take longer if tissue is missing, but will take around 10 minutes normally. Also, no matter the condition the cloner-er is in, the clone-ee will be in perfect condition.

Power 3: Minor Regeneration: The rate at which Jeremy regenerates cells is quickened by a huge amount. Though, don't get carried away like that. Jeremy can regenerate bruises, cuts and bites if that unit is concentrating heavily. Did his finger just get cut off? Fuck that shit, you're screwed. Anything past a dislocated limb can't really be helped. He clones existing cells, he doesn't move them and doesn't create new ones unless it's a new body.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Distance: Distance between clones does not weaken him physically, but it dampens the cognitive link. If a clone is more than half a mile away from any other clone, then they're connection is lost and they will undergo symptoms analysed in the following weakness.

Weakness 2: Any number of clones the exceeds or precedes eight: Jeremy must maintain eight of himself at one time for optimal performance. Creating more clones drives him insane as the strain on his mind is too much, and any less seems to make him physically weak and cause a large amount of pain. As if eight of Jeremy is the "full" and if one of him would die the pain would be akin to having a hand ripped off.
After the agony each death brings, here's basically how he degenerates.
8: Perfectly fine.
7: Jeremy will feel tired and has the symptoms of the common cold. Can be ignored.
6: Jeremy bruises easier, starts to feel nauseous and may throw up. Problematic.
5: Dizzy spells and a structurally weakened body.
4: Constantly feels dizzy and sick. Heart rate increases dramatically.
3: Zero co-ordination. No physical strength. Vision blurred.
2: Blood no longer clots. Jeremy loses the ability to walk.
1: Can barely move or even breathe. Organs flicker on and off, chance for a heart attack.

Therefore if one clone is separated from one other clone, but both of them share 6 clones in the middle (think of a venn diagram) then both on either side have a count of 7 while the ones in the middle will be on 8. Although the clones on either side could potentially duplicate once again for themselves, it would then have said cognitive repercussions on the clones in the middle.

Weakness 3: Duplicating: Both the cloner and the one being being cloned are completely vulnerable while the process is going on. They cannot perform any other actions.

Weakness 4: Human Body Once again I feel compelled to mention that this guy ain't a demigod and he ain't Batman. Each body is very human and can feel illnesses and his legs being cut off.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Electrician: And he's for hire. if there's circuitboards or systems involved, he should know exactly what to do.
Eight Heads, Sixteen Eyes: No, he's not a hydra. But if he's placed right, he should be very perceptive of his environment.

Items/Minions

The Suit: Each clone wears a carbon fiber layered suit. That's impact absorbing and knife resistant. In some areas of the body (let's go with where it looks like Zero has that extra padding). Bullet-proof? Hell no. I know carbon fiber can be bullet-proof, but it needs to be a lot thicker than what you'd want to wear for dexterity.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility 4
Endurance 3
Reaction 1
Strength 2
CaptainGrue
CaptainGrue

Quote : "See alternate quote for punchline."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 62
Humor : Light, dark, stale and zany.
Registration date : 2015-07-09

Back to top Go down

The Octasquad Empty Re: The Octasquad

Post by Forceaus July 12th 2015, 5:34 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top