The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcaprunaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_voting_barrunaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcaprunaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_voting_barrunaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Runaway (Invite only)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

runaway - Runaway (Invite only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Runaway (Invite only)

Post by Khellendros March 20th 2015, 6:17 pm

He finally got the bleeding to stop as the strange man walked away from the scene. Asshole... He was accused of being part of law enforcement. "I assure you I have no affiliation with the man chasing you nor any with local law enforcement." Getting up from beside the officer, he started heading in the direction of where the boy's signal was, cross-country, in an effort to intercept. "I am a traveling mercenary who is between jobs at present, my name is Khellendros and I would very much like to know the name of the gifted individual behind the wheel of my car. I have no intention to harm or apprehend you and if you would like I can slow down or stop the man pursuing you in that sad excuse for an overcompensation complex." Switching the link off quickly, "I believe I may need a boost in speed to catch them... Overdrive Zephyr" "By your command sir." The command was followed by a loud crack as the suit streamlined and boosted his speed as he ran into the countryside. He decided that it might be more persuasive to keep talking to the kid on the off-chance of changing his mind about running away."Anyplace you're heading in particular or just as far as you can get?"

Khellendros
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2014-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Data March 21st 2015, 8:19 am

Jake couldn't help but laugh at the mans comment about over compensation, though he chose not to send that to him through the radio. It also seemed this guy was a damn mercenary, which was cool on so many levels. Though it did call into question if he truly was 'between jobs' or if he was hired to bring him in. Then came the question of where the hell he was actually going, which he honestly didn't know. He decided to just say some place, might as well throw him off if he was coming after him.

"North Carolina, a friend of mine is gonna let me stay with him." He lied. Next thing he knew the guy in the sports car zipped past him. The car could probably outrun this guy, but Jake wasn't sure he could. The emo guy blocked the road with his car next, then shot some unnecessary fire in the sky as if the car in front of him wasn't enough to tell Jake what he wanted. He really had no choice at this point, he wasn't brave enough to smash into that car. He came to a stop about 10 meters from the dudes makeshift barrier, then got out. He walked up to him slowly, then spoke.

"What exactly is it you want? You the ATM security or something?" He said jokingly. At this point he realized this guy couldn't be a cop, but if he wasn't then what the hell did he need?
Data
Data
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : Our technological powers increase, but the side effects and potential hazards also escalate. -Alvin Toffler

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Job : Part time teen hero.
Humor : .....Eh..am i supposed to put a joke in here?
Registration date : 2014-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykel Thames March 21st 2015, 2:49 pm

The big wall of fire submerged as the kid got out of the car. He followed up with a joking question seeing that he still had his humor after all that has conspired. The kid was close enough that he could relax knowing he would not try and flee again unless he used the same trick from last time. Even though I came from a family where magic and abilities were used constantly I never had been through your case of abandoning until I left my family. I wondered a lot it California trying to help mere people, but they turned me down or were afraid by what I could do. Even though they despised me or maybe it was jealousy I still help and soon they were happy to see my presence.

While he talked he would walk around while juggling fire then lava in his hands kinda showing the kid what he could do to keep the atmosphere safe. There are many people who see you as a curse but its just genetic that you were born gifted and you could use your power to make a suit of intelligence and save people and use your techno-path to help yourself into a well paid living environment... Don't think about the people and their comments until your ready and if you want you can come with me and ill help you out. First lets give this car back to it owner. As Mykel said this he could see the other man coming in really quick using the gadgets he had. The guy was understandable to a point and he believed he would not lash out since the car was in no situation of being broken. Now if this guy is coming here did that mean the other one was taken care of?
Mykel Thames
Mykel Thames

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Khellendros March 24th 2015, 11:49 pm

Quickly approaching where the two had stopped, Khellendros could not help but notice the pyrotechnics display taking place in the roadway. What the hell is this guy doing!? I thought we were helping this kid, not scaring the crap out of him. "Put the brakes on. Prepare for a fight. Run silent." The armour began locking plates together and shifting back to it's more normal appearance as he came skidding into the road from the woods. Lighting went from an irridescent silver to the more muted purple the armour was outlined in on a regular basis. "So, this is where my car wound up? Glad to see it still in one piece." Walking over to it, he quickly scans it over for any damages. "Not even a scratch," he slowly takes his helmet off and cracks a smile, "nice driving kid." He turns his gaze on the man from earlier. "Mind dropping the pyro show there? You're making me nervous." Turning back to the boy, "I do believe that you still owe me an introduction."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Khellendros, The Black Knight
Khellendros' EXP

Malystrix, The Iron Dragon
Malystrix's EXP
Khellendros
Khellendros
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : [21:03:51] Odien : Well, the origins of All Fools Day are unknown, the theories dubious at best.

[21:04:06] Khellendros : a joke at worst?

Job : Quality Analyst, boring but stable
Humor : Schroedinger's Cat, it is everywhere yet nowhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Data March 30th 2015, 8:20 am

Jake listened to what the male had to say, he was trying to relate to him it seemed. Jake really didn't see how he could in any way, so he could shoot fire from his palms, at least that didn't make you think you were crazy.

"...No, I'm not coming with you. You don't have a right to tell me how my life is or how it could be. Why would i save others? i can barely take care of myself and your not helping. Don't try to act like you know what I'm going through, you don't. Every second of every day there are voices in my head i can't stop, not because I'm crazy but because my mind involuntarily taps into phone calls and god knows what else. You realize what that does to a person? I don't know what i am, at least you don't have to worrie about getting some new power that sends you halfway across the globe or worse. So unless you plan on stopping me, get the hell out of my way." Jake said with anger in his voice, though one could also see a bit of frustration.

It was true, he didn't know what he was. He felt like he was some kind of computer/human freak. This guy could control fucking fire, how did he think he could possibly relate to Jake? The armored man from the station finally showed up, though Jake didn't know if he was there during his bitch session. He made a comment about Jake's driving skills as he approached, which was funny considering Jake didn't think it was all that special.

"Thanks......sorry about stealing your car, i get a little jumpy sometimes. Anyway, my names Jake, Jake Cameron." Jake said reaching out for a hand shake.

"So....you made that suit of armor?"
Data
Data
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : Our technological powers increase, but the side effects and potential hazards also escalate. -Alvin Toffler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykel Thames April 3rd 2015, 10:51 am

(((OOC: Well this is kinda in character but I dropped the "Pyro Show" before you came on scene.)))

Well all I was in for was to help you get your footing and if you did turn against the fact of helping humans or metas than me and you will just settle differences when we meet. And even if you were not talking to me; the scene kinda got sticky and I never got your name. My name is Mykel Thames, but I don't care what you want to call me form here on out.

Mykel walked a few feet away to his car and turned it off. Holding the keys in hand the car murmured down to silence and the lights still on until the auto shut off switch hit the timed fact. 10 seconds later and the lights had turned off too. Conveniently there were no cars that liked to travel this road late at night and it was sort of lit by very well spaced out light poles.

Walking back over to the conversation he would make it just in time if the kid decided to introduce himself and maybe explain a little better why he was running away.
Mykel Thames
Mykel Thames

Back to top Go down

Post by Khellendros April 4th 2015, 5:35 am

Taking the proffered hand, Khellendros is careful not to exert too much pressure when he shakes hands with Jake. "Indeed I did make this armour. I also made the AI that runs it, which reminds me." magnetizing his helm to his waistline, he addresses the seemingly lifeless piece of metal. "You might as well say hello Alex, don't want you sarcastically quipping in and scaring people at a bad time now do we?" The helmet lights up before voicing an introduction, "Greetings Jake and Mykel, I am Alexander, an artificial intelligence with what my creator would call... accidental sentience. It is a pleasure to meet the both of you." "I build a lot of things, mechanical and digital alike, it's my gift of sorts. That and being bulletproof on my own that is. I think you could put your gift to similar use once you get it under control." Turning to Mykel, "Fascinating show you were putting on there, trying to scare people or light a forest on fire? Smokey would not be impressed."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Khellendros' EXP

Malystrix's EXP
Khellendros
Khellendros
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : [21:03:51] Odien : Well, the origins of All Fools Day are unknown, the theories dubious at best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Data April 6th 2015, 6:08 am

Well, that was the tightest grip he had ever felt in a handshake. After pulling away he fought off the urge to rub his reddened hand, damn dude. The male said some stuff about how he builds lots of things, including a freaking sentient AI. As if the armor wasn't badass enough.

"Wow, that's amazing.... I didn't think something like that was even possible." Jake said with amazement at the thought of the AI. To think that he could do anything like this eventually was exciting, yet with how hard it had been it seemed like a long shot. He looked at the armor with more enthusiasm then a comic nerd at a convention, pretty much ignoring the other guy. During his gaze though he felt something odd, almost like a spark through his whole body.

Then it got worse, pain shot through him as he toppled to the ground seemingly having a seizure. It would have looked like a normal seizure if it weren't for his eyes turning a bright unnatural green. Something entirely different was happening in Jake's head though, he had in a way connected to the suit and its AI. His lack of experience with his powers had caused the seizing effect. The entire source code of the suit and its AI were running through his head. He wasn't getting any actual information, but none the less he was being bombarded.

"Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop." He repeated in his head in agony. After a whole two minutes of this he finally snapped out of it, screaming. During that time they could have moved him, or tried to help him, but what happened outside his mind was unknown to him. He sickly tried to stand up only to start vomiting. After the entire episode was over though he felt fine, standing up and brushing himself off. He was of course terrified, and that showed on his face. That was the first time that had happened to him. His eyes finally started to fade back to their normal grey color as he gathered himself.

"......I need some help, i really do. I don't even know what just happened........Besides that, nice programming."

Last edited by Data on April 9th 2015, 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Data
Data
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykel Thames April 6th 2015, 11:19 am

Well you are a techno-path so it is only natural for you to get on a different playing field when you talk to machines. We had many members of my family that were just like you. The described it as digital code swarming them and flowing around them. It usually happens when they enter a highly electronic place or find something like this guys suit. It did take him for a scare when he seen him drop down, but he almost instantly realized thanks to his many encounters with a tremendous amount of metas in his time.

He could help him take control of the ability because his acted like a muscle that needed to start of with small electronics and then grow. Looking at the guys suit it must have been like an infant having 300 lbs placed on top of them. That must have been hard enough. Now I can help if you would like, but I have something better in mind. Ill tell you how to get control of your power. Meta human powers have been like a giant muscle. In my teen years I could light my hands on fire and touch things to set it on fire, but sometimes I'd get burned for not having control, and now I can create tsunamis of fire and magma. You just need to start out with small electronics and work yourself up and that's why if you go with him since he creates these things he could help you on your way if he choose to help. Mykel wonder around the two while talking and giving his short opinions on the matter at hand. Truthfully the only way for someone like him to get help was standing on both sides of him. He would just have to choose and hopefully the other guy would go along with it. In the mien time he was getting bored of flapping his jaw and that's why he was pacing back and forth. Sort of a habit for most people to occupy time.
Mykel Thames
Mykel Thames

Back to top Go down

Post by Khellendros April 17th 2015, 1:58 am

Everything was going fine it seemed, Jake was starting to relax around Khell and this Thames character and seemed genuinely intrigued by the suit and Alex, right up until Jake froze and fell to the ground as his eyes turned such an odd shade of green. "What the hell?" He froze, he had no idea what to do at this point since he'd never had to deal with anything quite like this, Khell quickly kneels down and makes sure that Jake doesn't give himself a concussion with all the shaking he's doing. "Alex, any idea what's going on here?" "None at present, but I am detecting an intruder in Stormbringer's coding" "What? Is it hostile?" "Does not appear to be, it may be the boy taking an unintentional look around given what we know of his ability" When Jake snaps out of it, "Are you all right?" Was that some kind of sensory overload because of his ability? He helps Jake to his feet and accepts the complement on Alex's programming, "He was a lot of work, him and his sister are more like family now than any sort of tool." Then Mykel babbles on about how he's helped so many metas with their problems. Fat lot of good you're doing for him right this instant, circling like a bloody shark right now. He listens to the prattling right up until the portion where Mykel tells Jake to go with him. "As much as I agree that it is possibly a good idea for him to travel with me, that would be entirely up to him. I have no intent of forcing someone to do anything or go anywhere if they do not wish to, I'm not under a capture or retrieval contract at present. As for the devices I create and program, after this little episode I take it you are now well acquainted with Alex and Stormbringer, Jake. I have an entire fortress worth of such engineering, it could be more than could be handled." Giving Jake a quick look over to see if he'd inflicted any damage to himself during aforementioned episode before simply shrugging. Thinking for a few seconds on Mykel's proposed idea, Khell decides it couldn't hurt to at least offer something a little more tangible. "If you'd like to travel with me I am not opposed to helping a well-meaning individual, I can guarantee at minimum a safe place to sleep and three square meals a day until you decide to move on, or a home if you choose to stay. Can always use an extra set of hands in the maintenance bay when Malys or myself get a little carried away on a job."

Khellendros' EXP

Malystrix's EXP
Khellendros
Khellendros
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Data April 17th 2015, 6:27 am

"Yeah, I'm fine......I think." Jake said in response to Khells question. Both men would then talk over a bunch of stuff about him going with one of them and his powers. The theories Thames had were sound, but then again Jake already gathered most of what he said on his own. It was obvious he would become more adept as he used his powers, and he of all people would know that what just happened was an overload from Stormbringer.

"That all sounds nice right about now, i don't actually have a plan on what to do once i get where I'm going. With what just happened with your suit, yeah, there's a risk. But i need to get it under control, its driving me crazy...... I don't think i can figure it all out on my own........So I'll come with you." Jake said sincerely, adjusting his hoodie. Right now, Jake needed some place to stay that wasn't some hotel room, so the males offer was graciously accepted. As soon as Khell left, Jake would follow, likely back into the challenger. Jake was excited yet nervous, maybe Khell was right, he had no idea what would happen around all that stuff. There was really only one way to find out, so he would do just that.
Data
Data
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mykel Thames April 17th 2015, 10:31 am

As Mykel looked at the two talk about the proposal they finally accepted. To bad he could not help the boy up. Being compiled of lava he would need to lower the heat so it did not irritate people or make conditions worst. All you have to do is start out with small things like electronics the phones, and later more complex devices and so on. You will learn to control it like I learned mine and thank you for letting him go with you. He'll receive more assistance this way.

Walking to the car he waves them on and starts the engine. The car squealing engine insinuated it was running then the shift of sound was him flipping to first. He turned the car around and headed back to the gas station to check on the officers to see if everything was alright there. (Mykel Exits)
Mykel Thames
Mykel Thames

Back to top Go down

Post by Khellendros April 21st 2015, 2:46 am

watching as Mykel left, Khell couldn't help but think that he'd probably cross paths with this strange man again but wouldn't be sure which side he'd be on "Alex, I'm sure you've already done it, but tag him for future reference." "By all means, sir." Turning to Jake, he wasn't quite sure how helpful he'd be to the boy, but his word is something he keeps no matter the cost. "Well, looks like you're with me for the time being. If nothing else, Malys will get a kick out of me trying to be any sort of role-model or the like. Hop on in and we'll be on our way." Walking over to the trunk of the challenger, he removes his armour and places his armaments back into their storage units before getting into the car and driving away with this most strange of children in the passenger seat.

Khellendros' EXP

Malystrix's EXP
Khellendros
Khellendros
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top