The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:22 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) Empty Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel)

Post by Artemis January 28th 2014, 11:51 pm

Morgan woke up on the side of the road again. Wait... wasn't she in Texas? She looked around and spotted a sign saying Welcome is Denver, Colorado . Huh, it must of been a weird dream. She had a nagging feeling that she forgot her name, but it was Morgan. She said it to herself out loud. Yeah she didn't forget her name, why would she? She shrugged and walked into the city. She had never been here before. It was different. Either way it was late in the afternoon. Looking at a nearby clock it said 5:30 pm. How long was she asleep anyway. She spotted a club and smiled. She hadn't been to one in a while, it might be worth checking it out
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) Empty Re: Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel)

Post by Morire January 29th 2014, 8:31 am

Ishikawa Tadayoshi sits in the dojo, meditating quietly... Remembering his time at the temples, they had all been so similar, so quiet and peaceful. So very different from the world where he lives now... he frowns, hearing the footsteps of thousands of people, the sound of a hundred cars, a million heartbeats... his teeth grit in annoyance, but he recalls the mantra of the Listening Monks, Before you can hear what you wish, you must hear every sound, Hear it all and you can know what sounds are worth listening to

he relaxes slightly, focusing on tuning it out. each heartbeat he focuses in on... businessman going to work. Woman jogging down the street. An accelerated heartbeat almost frantic... Ishikawa pauses... listening more intently... two, no three men jogging after the heartbeat... hard boots... men with a purpose... this is not a couple of friends playing tag.

Ishikawas lips turn into a flat line as they press together, legs dropping to the floor from his perch about two feet off of the floor. he stalks angrily across the room, reaching his armor and strapping the silver and white to his body with practiced movements, taking less than a dozen seconds to don the disguise of the Specter. Flitting through wall of his private penthouse suite... the intangible man plummets...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The history of Dr. Mor.:

Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) Mor_gr12
Morire
Morire
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 157
Humor : Superpowers do not always mean you are a Superhero.
Registration date : 2014-01-18

Back to top Go down

Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) Empty Re: Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel)

Post by Humanity January 29th 2014, 2:20 pm

(The links are Primarily for Doctor M. Mostly because Artemis Knows Shi and the character and his history and such.)

Her steely silver eyes shot through the room, the beats were slick, the crowd was heavy, the drink was good, and the bass was strong enough to make Hel feel her frozen heart of darkness stir. The place was full of life as well, which Hel also enjoyed. Many would question, why would Lady Death, the Bone Queen Hel enjoy a place so full of life? To the fools she would simply enlighten them... there is no Life without Death, just as there is no Death without Life. The poetry in the statement being that all life is slowly ending, and thus produces trace amounts of Nether for her to feed upon, but with every Death there is new life, a life beyond this and an existence of a dark and glorious one...The Abyss.

Her legs crossed, hair bunned in the back while letting her black hair flow freely behind it. Her clad, yet oh so elegant Black Grey Reptile Cut in perfect placement as the silky fabric seemed to soak in all the light nearby. She stood from her comfy little stool at the bar, taking the entire bottle of whisky she had just purchased form the over-priced establishment to a nearby booth. The booth was entirely empty, and there was no way possible to get to this booth without catching Hel's attention. She took to the comfy seating and set the bottle down. Within moments two Nether energy constructs formed, two shot glasses, and she proceeded to pour the whisky into them. Nether energy seeped into the whisky tainting it and corrupting it, turning it into something only the stomach of the strongest could handle.

"I was wondering how long I could get away with claiming I was you." She said looking up, a man in samurai armor, a straw hat, and even stronger Nether energy than herself sat before her, seemingly appearing from nowhere. "Shi Ryurou, The Death Incarnate. Death in human form...How ARE you darling?" She asked, as if she and Shi had known each other for the longest time. Then again, many Titans knew of Shi Ryurou (or in proper Japanese Ryurou, Shi.) the stark fragment of Death who represents redemption. The Samurai's red eyes met Hel's. To any whom look into Ryurou Shi's eyes are able to See Death itself in it's truest form. A large Hellish looking dragon with total dominion over the various Deathly energies...including Hel's own Nether.

"I hope I did not disappoint...being confound to mortal ears hinders the relay of information...." the Samurai said, removing his straw hat, placing it over his blade to hide it from sight as his mouth and nose remained with a brown cloth over it Hel remained calm and poised. Even though Death could strike her down easily SHE had the advantage. The advantage being she was now in possession of something he desired. Yes, Hel had something DEATH ITSELF envied and desired, and she knew exactly what it was. "You have been masquerading claiming to be me. Last I knew I was not "married" to you either...Lady Death." Shi said, obviously amused. Hel rolled her eyes, even in the face of Death...literally Death himself, she could still remain her cocky and reassured self.

"No I'm afraid not...but don't worry...there's still your dreams" She said with a slight pout as she placed a hand on his. She laughed when the death incarnate drew his hand back and glared at her. she oh so loved annoying this Samurai, but then again...like Fathers like daughter. "Oh be quiet you old stick. We both know why you're here...but ME? Let me tell you why I'M here. I'm here to tell you that you are going to allow me to continue my activities as "Lady Death", and to any and all whom ask...I am an incarnation of Death itself. Oh think of the fun. We can be brother and sister!" She said a feigned happiness simply to make the incarnates eyes narrow.

"I've killed you before..." Death warned as he let out a little growl and a crack of Neather. Hel brought her hand to her chest and gave an excited yet surprised look on her face as the near-almighty Nether energy spark out with the intent to take her hand. She looked like a little kid at Christmas.

"Oh, you mean when I was a baby...not even born yet...when you cursed my father, killed me and maimed my twin brother's poor fragile little heart?" She asked. Shi's eyes darted off to the side, ashamed. The Death Incarnate could pride himself in the fact that he was the Incarnate who had the least incidents where he acted in a selfish way with his powers....only once. The woman sitting before him...was that once. Her untimely resurrection was unnerving, and his guilt rose only slightly as he heeded her words. "Oh no-no-no Don't feel bad...it was wonderfully and morbidly played my dear Death. Such Macabre selfishness to usher in my grand return...please now...don't quint any more...you're eyes are narrow to begin with." She said with a smirk. She leaned over the table, the face of the Dragon in hers, and yet all she could do is continue to smirk, pressing the limits.

"And just WHY would I allow you to do this?" Shi asked her finally, a low growl on his voice.

"Because I can give you what you want...I know about your little Plight...how My father murdered your son in cold blood. I also know the first rule of Death is that you cannot create a physical body to make life with your energies." She said with a smile. The Samurai of the circle of Death had his eyes widen slightly at the proposition before him. This woman somehow knew that he lacked the means to return his son, The Dragon King to life. How well informed was this woman? Where did she get her information? "Unlike you...I have a means to create a body...all we need is the soul...isn't that right...Yam...my Dragon King?" She asked with a chuckle, tapping Shi's head. Shi took the shot glass and threw it back, slamming it down on the table before turning and standing up, seemingly unamused. Hel's left eyebrow wiggled up then down swiftly, knowing that the huntress finally had her prey. Shi placed his hat atop of his head and turned to walk away, taking one step then stopping. He looked over his shoulder.

"Make him a body...and The Abyss will bow before you as Death herself." He said. He took one more step and vanished, the ancient art of Shadow-step carrying him far gone. Hel giggled and rolled her eyes.

"Of course it will....and then, this world after." She said, standing up, taking her own shot and returning to the club. Her blood was pumping and she felt rather invincible at the moment. What kinds of trouble could she get herself into this time?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

Sigils, Circuts and Swords (Morire, Hel) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis January 29th 2014, 8:27 pm

Morgan slipped passed the bouncer and walked into the club. She couldn't find her ID, heck she kept all of her money literally in her pocket with out a wallet. It wouldn't surprise her that she misplaced her ID. But the club was just like how she remembered them at her hometown. But the music was fresh and the atmosphere was intoxicating. Although she felt uneasy for some reason and she found herself walking towards the booths. She looked around confused, it was as if something else was pulling her towards them. If someone or something was pulling her towards the booths it wouldn't be hard to point Morgan out in this crowd. Unlike every girl in the club who were wearing some sort of dress or some other sort of tight fitting clothing, Morgan was wearing more comfortable clothes. A baggy T-shirt and baggy pants and sneakers where hardly proper clothes to wear to a club. Not to mention that they were covered in from lying on the ground while traveling. Heck Morgan's hair was tied up into a messy bun with an old hair tie to keep it out of her face.

Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Morire January 29th 2014, 8:47 pm

The Specter drops toward the pavement many stories below....

He steps on the air as if to him it is as solid as a paving stone, changing his trajectory with ease as he bounces side to side, the footsteps ending abruptly... His boots slam into the concrete, spiderwebs of cracks spread from his site of impact.

he listens intently, trying to find the place where the people had hidden, but it is impossible; even for the Specter. he grimaces, hating that he is unable to help everyone. He decides to go to the last place where they were heard. Just outside of the club a few blocks away, Perhaps there he will find who was running from whom, and why.

He unwinds the cloth from around his face and uses it to hide his armor, now looking like a man in baggy white and grey clothes... the perfect disguise when hiding in a place full of men in baggy clothes. he steps through the wall, bypassing the security entirely, coming out in a shadowy corner. Unobserved by anyone who is already occupied.

The history of Dr. Mor.:

Morire
Morire
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 29th 2014, 9:47 pm

. Hel continued to drink in the death around her, this right here was the life. If she did in fact ever conquer the world she would make sure these places of meeting were increased in numbers. All these lives, time ticking from their clocks, ad with every tik there was a sip form the chalice of dark fulfillment. These poor humans, so many of them closer to Death than they realized, She drank from the Nether shot-glass before breathing in gently, the nether itself dematerializing as she breathed it in. She began to look around the room for any strange characters, anyone even worth conversing with or maybe even starting some trouble with. Whatever she decided upon would need to happen quickly, because if this gentleman bartender hit on her one more time...

"Hey Beautiful-" He said. Hel's eyes rolled as she turned around and smiled, leaning over the bar, motioning for the bartender to move a bit closer. He did so more than willingly, it wasn't until she spoke that he understood that she meant business.

"Call me anything but Miss one more time and I'll castrate you and sove it down your throat." She said as she backed away, most if not all the surrounding patrons too busy to have been bothered to hear what she said. She gave a little amused hum and a sweet smile, as if he had complimented her and she turned back to look at the humans dancing...it looked.... interesting.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis January 29th 2014, 11:46 pm

Morgan wandered around the booth area with a generally confused look on her face. Why did she seem so drawn to this area? She got a bunch of weird looks and she heard people whispering. Was it about her? She continued to walk around the booth area of the club. Every time she walked away from them she got a really uneasy feeling until she returned to the area. But then she just felt on edge. She had bumped into a few people and apologized sheepishly when she did. She noticed a women at a booth and one of the bartenders near the booth with a freaked out look on his face. Weird.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Morire January 30th 2014, 6:44 pm

Moving slowly, Specter mingles, making his way toward the bar... being inconspicuous to the best of his ability.

his walk is silent, even while wearing his boots... His nose wrinkles from the smell of unwashed bodies and alcohol. The cloth of his jacket barely making a rustle,as he moves closer and closer, watching everyone for the source of the heavy treading boots... but not finding any of them...

Specter sits quietly at the bar, ordering a whiskey and flashing a fake identification when asked. his gaze wanders up and down the bar... gyrating couples all throughout the club... jerking only vaguely in time to the music, lonely drinkers cradling their beverages.

The history of Dr. Mor.:

Morire
Morire
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 30th 2014, 7:55 pm

Hel was unimpressed by the crowd for the most part. She DID manage to find a particularly interesting woman mind you. Unlike many others who were dressed as she was, or like a cheap whore, this woman was very casual. Hair up in a messy bun, her baggy tee shirt and sneakers were definitely a red flag, in fact Hel was surprised she was even allowed in the "fine establishment" that was the club. Hel glanced the woman over only to find that she had a well structured jaw, nice dark hair and a lot of potential. Surprisingly enough Helena needed a model for her next show. What Helena didn't tell many people was that part of Fashion was the presentation. This woman seemed to have a rather carefree walk and she looked like she didn't give two damns about what anyone else thought. Whether this was true or not was irrelevant. It was the look that mattered. Hel stood up and walked over to the girl. She suppressed her Nether as best she could, very carefully approaching.

"Excuse me sweetie." Hel said, trying to grab the woman's attention as she walked up with a kind and warm smile on her face. She gingerly and gracefully extended her hand to the girl. "Hi. My name is Helena Atterrius, the designer. I was just out and about looking for potential and, well...here you are!" She said as she giggled, excitedly as she nodded. "Dear have you ever thought about modeling?" She asked casually, though leaving the question open as if it were an offer.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis January 30th 2014, 9:35 pm

Morgan was just about to consider leaving when a woman walked up and grabbed her attention. Morgan spun around with a confused look on her face, wondering who called her. The woman was really dressed up. Morgan was honestly surprised someone dressed this nice would be at a club like this and not some really high end club. The woman extended her hand elegantly to introduce herself. Morgan couldn't help but wonder what this woman wanted. She then introduced herself as Helena Atterius. Morgan was floored, the Helena Atterius! How come she didn't recognize her sooner. Morgan remembered her and her friends going crazy over an interview she did a bit over a half a year ago. It was one of the last things she did with her friends before going on her trip around the US.

"H-Hello Ms. Atterius." said Morgan a bit star struck. She shook Helena's hand. She almost forgot to introduce herself. But before she had a chance to give her Helena her name she mentioned what she was doing here and asked if she ever considered modeling. "M-Me a model?" asked Morgan surprised. "N-no it never cross my mind. Y-You think I have potential?" Morgan couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her friends would be so jealous that she even had a chance to talk to Helena. But why did she think she had potential? She was dressed in less then flattering clothes.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 30th 2014, 11:56 pm

"Well of course. Look at you. Please take no offence but you're not exactly wearing the finest of attire and you've somehow STILL managed to get a few looks." Hel said as she motioned with a little finger, pointing out a couple of younger gentlemen who seemed interested. "I know it's not because of me since their eyes followed YOU!" She chuckled a little as she soaked up the fact the girl had literally turned into a fan-girl. It was cute, but utterly a waste of time of course. Hel took to a seat and patted the stool next to hers and turned to the bartender.

"Y-yes Miss?" He asked. She looked to Morgan and smiled.

"Sir I think we need a round for everyone." Hel said, a ton of people cheered. Hel cleared her throat and returned to Morgan. "So, if we're going to talk business I might as well ask you're name." Hel said with a chipper smile, taking a blush colored drink form the bar. As always, Hel was on total guard, being highly perceptive and ready for almost every situation.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis January 31st 2014, 12:58 am

Morgan looked at the people who Helena pointed out. They seemed to realized that they had been pointed out because they all looked away rather quickly. It honestly made her blush a bit. She never really payed attention if people looked at her or not. "Oh don't worry about it. I've just been doing a lot of traveling so I have been dressing comfortably and not really to impress. I have been walking a lot, most of my travels have been on foot." Morgan sat next to the seat that Helena patted at. Morgan wasted no time in sitting in the seat next to her. Her face lit up at Helena's last sentence. "Morgan." said Morgan. Realized she should giver Helena her full name she was about to speak. "Sorry you were probably asking my full name." said Morgan.

"Morgan-" Morgan stopped for a second. Her last name? Oh! "- Howard. Not much of a name though. I mean Helena Atterius just sounds awesome. My name not so much." Everyone was happily sipping on their new drinks. Morgan wasn't one for alcohol but she took it anyway so she wouldn't seem rude. Heck Morgan was just happy. She was going to 'talk business' with Helena Atterius. Although she really couldn't imagine herself as a model but if Helena thought she could be one then it would be worth a shot.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Morire January 31st 2014, 4:07 pm

Who are these women? and what are they doing here...? he thinks to himself while sipping his whiskey from the small glass, "Why does the one on the left look so familiar?

His hands are smooth and steady in their movements, idly checking his weaponry as he listens in on the conversation between the two very different women, one is a beautiful model like lady, with obvious wealth... The other is a ruffian like girl, with messy hair, and baggy clothes... She obviously had snuck in, Just like he had...

he keeps his head half ducked, avoiding the gazes of the two women. The man behind him pushes his way to the bar, and Specter uses him as cover to slip back through the crowd... moving to a higher vantage point so that he may eavesdrop out of line of sight.

The history of Dr. Mor.:

Morire
Morire
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity February 3rd 2014, 2:33 pm

"Oh please, I'd much prefer your name. Do you have any idea how many people say mine wrong? Hel-eena At-urr I us, or my favorite Helena At-tear-ius" she said, annunciating the second time as "tear" (like in a tear drop). She chuckled the bartender gave shots all around the bar, placing them on Helena's tab, some people cheering for her or thanking her, as if they knew her due to the frequency of her visits to the establishment. Hel was fascinated by the woman before her...this Morgan girl. She gave off no Nether...she was not dying? Well Hel just might have to fix that. (Grid shift, Mother of Monsters) She smiled endearingly until there were gasps and shouts.

"What's wrong, Never seen a guy with glasses?" The hyena like laughter with the Cheshire smile came through smoke that manifested into the form of a wolf. Old Shuck, London's own cryptid. As if that weren't enough, The Terror of London appeared as well. Pale blue flames exploded form nowhere as a rather fine dressed gentleman appeared with fangs and pale fire in his mouth. The fire faded an he bowed cordially. He was laughing like a manic fool. The Terror of London...Spring-heeled Jack. The last one to appear was a flock of moths that solidified into one large construct, fierce serrated fangs with wings folded over like a cloak with leering unnerving eyes, the Mothman was amongst them. Three of the most renown Cryptids in known existence, gathered in one club to cause some havoc. Hel of course had no "association" with the beasts and appeared just as concerned as the rest.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis February 4th 2014, 12:20 am

"You would think. People screw up my name as well. Mainly my first name. Apparently just saying Morgan is to simple sounding. Alot of people say Morrigan instead of Morgan. But still not as bad as your name I guess." Morgan was handed a shot glass. She wasn't exactly sure what was in it. She put the glass up to her nose and sniffed it. The smell was strong and Morgan couldn't help make a face. People drink this stuff. Although her face slightly turned red. What if Hel saw the face? She didn't want to seem rude. Morgan shrugged mentally and downed the shot.

One way to describe Morgans face was that it was more contorted then a pretzel. It wasn't that great, in fact it tasted kinda horrible. Morgan blushed from embarrassment. She was talking to one of her idols and she just embarrassed herself, great. "That... uh..." Morgan paused and thought of what to say. "Well that was something." Morgan placed the shot glass down. She went to speak again however seemingly out of no where 3 monster-like beings appeared out of no where. Panic broke out and Morgan looked at Hel, who looked just as concerned as everyone else on what was happening. Morgans hand grabbed Hel's. Although she blushed and pulled her hand away as soon as she realized what she did. "Sorry." said Morgan, getting ready to run.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top