The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Ultima Paradox - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Vorik
ghost
Tybrid
Sage

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Ultima Paradox

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultima Paradox

Post by Arcana November 21st 2013, 12:44 am

That laugh, it was something that caused the hairs on the back of his neck to rise as it echoed through the room and then further on. It was an ominous sound that Michael found he hated more than anything, and he considered breaking off that lower jaw of his so that he could not produce the sound, but would the well only fix the damage? Still, he had to hide his displeasure with that sound as well as anything else; he had to replicate how his father would react down to the letter. That was when he began to speak, acting as if he had figured them out, and that was not good at all. That is until he realized that Sean would never ask that bastard anything, especially from the way that he spoke about The Lych around Michael; he would have rather cut off his other arm than do something like that.

It was within that moment that Michael realized that he was pulling this information out of that opening in his pelvic region, considering he didn’t really have an ass. He let a tiny smirk purvey his features, more than sure of himself at this point, considering that the bastard had to make up a rather half assed lie, but then again his siblings were sweating pretty bad, which meant that they believed that this skeleton was saying. Okay, then he started to speak some truth, about how Silus could not really be around Sean in the first place and he was at a loss in this area, and that small expression shifted ever so slightly. Michael let his mind reel over the many possible answers, fumbling mental when Silus proved quick on the uptake and thought up an answer for that small inquiry.

Powerless as Silus was, he was perhaps the sharpest one among them and Michael appreciated that, especially within this moment of trouble with the skeletal horror. Shael soaking up the excess with his power was the perfect excuse about why Silus could be so close to Sean and all Michael had to do was just run with what was given him. However, the little hug was unexpected, and Michael found himself slightly uncomfortable and a bit stunned. He knew that he was supposed to be pretending to be Sean but then again he was not used to such displays of affection from his younger brother, and it felt….strange. He found himself actually speechless for a second, though that ended quickly when he noted that Silus was tearing up a little. Was he that unpleasant to hug?

Sure Michael was not the most pleasant person for Silus to be around, but one would think that he had done unspeakable horrors to the boy if they even knew the truth of the matter. He turned his attention back to The Lych, who said that he was reacting too soon, and it took some self control to keep him from agreeing with a smug expression. That was when the bait was thrown in front of him, like an irresistible something that Michael could not quite deny, some tasty forbidden knowledge that was perhaps something that The Lych was purposely throwing out to goad him into revealing that he was truly not his father. If anything, the bastard had Michael right where he wanted him, and it was not a good place at all. From the corner of his eyes, he looked to his siblings perhaps looking for some kind of help but there was none it seemed. He was mentally failing and damn that boney bastard to whatever hell there was.

”Hrrrm fair enough.” Even with this inner turmoil he had to keep a level head, well that was until he heard something.

”I didn't know there were two handsome bastards in Valhalla.” His heart stopped there, considering that he did not talk as Sean, and…the real one was standing right behind him. He looked rather amused, especially by the sight of Silus clinging to Michael. ”So what did I walk in on?” He questioned looking at Michael, then Shael and atlast Silus.

Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus November 21st 2013, 10:24 pm

"FUCK!" Shael called out the second the real Sean said anything. He throew his arms up in the air and began to walk off as if he were horribly angry. He rightfully was too, despite if the Lych knew or not, the Lych was not able to do anything lacking proof, which meant they were virtually home free on the subject at hand.

"Children playing with Ethereal fire and expecting to not get burned." Lych said the tone in his raspy and chilling voice seeming to display amusement, or a superiority complex of sorts. Silus forze up, let go of Micheal facepalming. He was playing it off as if he were trying to be the cute funny one, but in truth her had no other way to wipe his tears away before Sean could see him crying. Silus smiled at Sean, as if he had been doing so his whole life, one might easily mistake this for simple mischevious nature at work, though the truth was buried. Buried deeeper than Sean could dig most likely. For the first time in a long time it was a genuine smile, but then the Lych needed to ruin everything by placing his bony hand on Silsu's head, petrifying the poor kid. Shael saw it immediately and started for Lych. There were times Shael's super strenght got the better of him. It was like Roid-rage with an Ethereal that soaked up all the energy form a power-plant.

"Stop fucking touching him!"Shael snapped. Lych slowly drew his hand fromt he young Ethereal prince and seemed to glare at Shael, if the Lych had any form of facial expression, Shale would have sworn that the Lych was mocking him, smiling at him in a way that dared him to act against him. Shael intended to do something about it, until Silus' eyes dimmed, a downcast look of disappointment on his face as he seemed to inch his way from Lych. Shael wanted to beat the clacium rioght out of theose bones, it didn't matter if he broke every bone in his fingers doing it, just seeing the Lych with a hillbilly toothless structure would make his damn life. But he could tell that it probably wasn't the best idea, considering that Ouroboros obviously needed him for something.  Shael settled for a smirk that told the Lych they would have to pick that up later.

"The Ethereal King is bound to return soon...I'd not be here if I were you...boys." He stressed the word boys while looking to  the false Sean, or rather Michael. Silus reflected upon the current options, and as it stood it was probably best that they leave...soon.

"L-let's just go..." He said a little crestfallen, turning to Sean with another smile before starting to leave.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana November 25th 2013, 9:55 pm

’Wow.” Sean muttered bemused as he looked upon his son in his form, feeling a little strange looking upon himself but not by too much. Silus let go of Michael, which allowed the Ethereal male to relax as he released his transformation, reverting to his preferred form instead of the younger one, a male of eighteen with medium length dark brown and a rather annoyed expression. He wasn’t expecting his father to appear out of nowhere and ruin anything, but things like this happen. Michael crossed arms over his chest, lips turning into a slightly downturned line. Sean took note that there was something up with Silus eyes but that was quickly hidden from him as the child ran a hand down his face, and Sean turned his attention to Lych, giving him a look of annoyance; Michael only realizing that he was at least doing a good Sean impression.

Sean turned to Silus and gave him a warm smile, before notching that Lych was placing his filthy hands on his heir, which was perhaps only one more thing that annoyed him about the bastard. Lucky for Lych however, Shael was the one that demanded that he let go of Silus, seeing as how Sean would have simply severed the limb if that was possible within this condition. ”Well now that I’ve managed to intrude on this….thing…has anyone seen Ouroboros around? Was looking for him here, but ended up finding myself….in a more literal sense.” If anything Lych would know where he was, considering that he knew things, and Ouroboros would tell him….something. If Sean didn’t know it, he had a feeling that the boney bastard would.

Michael turned to his younger sibling, who was suggesting that they leave and he agreed with that. The ploy had been shattered, and staying here any longer would get them nothing but complications, especially if Ouroboros would be involved. ”Yeah, let’s get outta here.” Michael said agreeing with Silus, crossing arms over his chest as he waited for his siblings to lead the way, or perhaps waiting to see what they would actually do.

”Yeah me too. As fun as it would be to hang around here, I think I have other things to do.” Sean noted looking to his children before walking out, back to wherever.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus November 26th 2013, 3:05 am

.      Sean smiled at him. It wasn’t one of those jagged toothed ones either. It was an actual smile. For the first time in a good while, Silus was able to smile back. Genuinely and purely as Silus, the kind of smile a kid who hadn’t seen his father in a long, long time would have. He stepped forward, almost like he was going towards Sean, when Michael concurred that they should vanish. Silus hesitated and then he sighed as he turned and started for the door. Shael looked to Sean and smirked before looking back to Lych, his eyes turning a dark black, like that of a predator, showing off the Nether energy he absorbed, and while to many this would seem to be an idle taunt, to Lych it was a rather insulting one. In fact, so much so in fact that Lych sneered and turned, walking away form both Sean and Shael. Shael snickered a little before turning and following hot on Silus’ trail, hoping to whatever that Ouro wasn’t bound to pop around the corner and enter this as well.

”The Ethereal King is round and about the Ethereal Arc, I think he left for Chicago not long ago…perhaps it was Los Angeles. Either way, you are correct you should leave. If we are derailed any further it will have dire consequences, and if you value your new found family I’d advise against it.” Lych said, virtually dismissing Sean as her began to circle the room, glaring into the Ethereal Well. Meanwhile, Silus and Shael had just cleared the door, Michael hopefully in their little party still and not off causing his own trouble.

Silus yawned and stretched out a little, Shael looked to Silus and rolled his eyes. He had forgotten that Silus wasn’t really…one of them. Not yet anyway. He was still…coming into existence> However you might put it, Silus wasn’t getting the full effect of being an Ethereal just yet. Of course this means things such as eating and sleeping are a requirement for Silus.... whereas for Shael they were his favorite pass-times. Shael placed a hand on Silus’ head, not knowing his own strength, Silus’ neck buckled a little, nothing that hurt him, but it looked a little like he had a ton of weight dropped on his head. Silus tilted hi head and opened a weary eye with the faintest sign of a smile.

”Not bad, you thought that up pretty quick.” Shael said. Silus seemed to like the positive attention, and he responded shyly, but almost…confidently

”Well I-I thought about ita while ago, when he chose to look lik dad…first thing I thought of…” he said, the word “first” drifting into a soft spoken yawn. Shael picked Silus up and placed him on his shoulders. Shale felt dumb, and it was easy to tell, he always chewed on his tongue a little when he felt like he was inferior in thought process, it was a subtle chewing, one that was only really seen in the presence of Ouro, or Silus on a rant about a magical theory. It was often mistaken for his “Oh my god no one gives a flying ferret” look where his eyes widened with a false look of inters and his chewing was a little more visible.

”Okay, calm it ya little twerp. It wasn’t bad, it wasn’t great. Now C’mon We gotta get you to bed.” Shael said as he began walking. Silus leaned over a little, resting his cheek on the top of Shael’s head and closing his eyes peacefully. Shael looked to Michael and rolled his eyes. Throne room twenty minutes. Shael mouthed the words very slowly, hoping that Michael would get the premise of what he was getting at. Shael then proceeded to take Silus to his room. Though when they cleared the threshold, Shael watched his black torn up jeans turn white, and all of a sudden his rings and chains were all white too. The color soaked into all of his cloathing. He looked at the tail ends to the robe of Silus to see that they were white as well.

” The fuck?!?” Shael asked. He looked around, finsing EVERYTHING to be steril white. “YO!” reaching up over his head and flipping Silus over his shoulders and throwing him onto the nice and neat white bed. Silus spazzed around like a little autistic child for a minute before being able to tell what direction was up, ad he sat up glaring at Shael through squinting tired eyes.  ”Why do I look like I belong in a psych ward?”

”Because you do?” Silus shot back, knowing full well he meant about the enchantment that turned nearly everything in his room into a stale white color.  ”H-how did you get in? T-the Nether repulsion…” Silus asked.

”The Titan doesn’t exactly show in me.” Shael said dismissing the question as if it weren’t important. He then moved on to waving a hand to Silus to shush him while he pointed to his jeans. ”Dude…why do I look like I tripped in a Sper-ratic amount of bleach.?” Shael said, correcting his language in front of his little brother. He wasn’t sure Ouro would like Silus tugging at his little coat leg and asking daddy what he was about to say.

”It’s calming.” Silsu said with a little yawn as he flopped down and hugged his massive fluffy pillow. Shael rolled his eyes, hand slapping his sides as he looked around the sickening pale room. He looked to little Silus and sat on the bed next to him.

”So uh…are we really that bad? I mean...you cry when you hug us?” Shael asked. Silus’ eyes fluttered open and he gave that childish humph that meant he wasn’t happy.

”It’s not Michael…It’s who he was.”
     ”Who was he?
     ”Who he looked like”
     ”Sean?”
     ”Yea…”
    ”Why cry? I mean I know you avoid the guy like the plague but why is hugging him such a big deal?”

”Because I never get to do it…that was the first time I’ve ever been able to hug him, and it wasn’t even him. The closest thing I’ve ever gotten…” Silus said. Shael wanted to rebuttal with “well why don’t you do it then?” but he already knew the answer to that. Ouroboros didn’t give him any details…but all he knows was that Silus needed to keep his exposure to Nether limited…Lych included. Shael just thought he was afraid of Silus turning into a Titan dominated Ethereal, but there seemed to be a little more to it. Shael did his brotherly duty, put Silus to bed and went to the Throne room, hoping to find Michael there…

”Better be here, or I’m gonna track your ass down…” He said taking out a tooth pick form his back pocket, noting happily that color had returned to his clothes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Ultima Paradox - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana November 26th 2013, 3:40 am

They had left Lych in a rather livid state, whether that be because of how much energy Shael had absorbed or something else, Michael didn’t care to gather but either way he was pleased. He would follow the little party for as long as they would have them, which would end up being a few minutes, Michael letting his mind run wild as he followed. However, even within the maelstrom of thought running through his head, he took notice of Silus yawning and that meant the little Ethereal would need a nap soon. He knew full well why he needed to sleep, and it was coupled with the reason why Silus also needed to eat, though Michael was kind of beyond the need for both of those; not that he did not do them anyway.

One thing in particular was that Michael simply enjoyed his food, perhaps more than he should but then again when you controlled how your body looked, his figure was not a problem. He rested his arms over his chest, letting out a light annoyed sigh and rolling silver eyes before letting them drift to the ceiling. Shael would congratulate Silus on his quick thinking, and that absolved Michael of having to do the obligatory thanks, not that he would have done so anyway. After saying that it was time for Silus to go to bed or whatever, Shael turned to him and silently mouthed to meet him in the Throne room in twenty minutes, which was plenty of time by the Ethereal princes reckoning.

With a slight smirk, he nodded and was off; leaving the two to whatever it was that they were doing. He walked along slowly, humming a tune to himself as he played over with something in his mind. Whatever was going on, Ouroboros was making sure to hide it from them, and if it was that important, then he would only work harder to find out what it was. One could only keep a secret for so long from Michael before he found out what it was. Sure this was a minor setback, but next time he would make sure a screw up like this happened again. It would just require a little more planning, considering that their half assed venture only got them caught, considering that Sean was perhaps the only rogue factor within the equation.

It only took him a few minutes to reach the throne room, and surprisingly it was empty, though perhaps that was not much of a surprise. Choosing the nearest surface that he could sit on, Michael did so, cross legged as he partially used his own gravity defying tricks to keep him from falling down; and so there he waited. It took a little while but Shael appeared, Michael smirking lightly as he took note of his brother walking into the room. ”Well well, took ya long enough.” He noted checking the nail on his index finger, before resting his chin on both palms.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus November 26th 2013, 4:28 pm

”Sorry, I was getting a few things.” Shael said as he pulled his hands from his pockets and revealed a his fingerless padded gloves, part of his usual rocker styled couture. He crossed his arms and cleared his throat, his little brother Michael just BEGGING for trouble. He was perched on the throne, Shael looked around, his face was serious enough that Michael would know he was seriously thinking about something, and then there was also the part that looked like he was FORMULATING something. He looked both ways, like he was gonna cross the street before he looked to Michael, a strange little twinkle in his brown eyes. The smile was obvious that Shael had something going on in his head. Michael looked at him and took in a breath.

”We’re going to find out what he’s hiding?” He said. Shael nodded, how easily Michael could read him.

”We’re on it like white on rice, and a fat kid on the buffet the rice is in.” Shael said as he started to walk. This time they weren’t headed to the occult labs. Shael was leading Michael straight for Ouro’s room. The large hand carved wooden doors were larger than life, literally the things had to be twelve feet tall. Shael pushed the door open easily, and they walked into the dark room. Shael wandered off into the darkness, and began to scurry around looking for a switch or something. He quickly found himself bumping into a bunch of things, causing a loud clash and clamor of metal, The light finally did come on and Shael was nowhere to be seen, but there was a suit of armor sprawled out on the bed and a stuffed bear on the canopy of the bed. Shael was nowhere to be found though. That was until he poked his head up from behind the desk, with notes and papers scattered across it from his tripping over it. He couldn’t help but feel like things COULD have been going better.

”Alright…looking for a journal or something…” Shael said as he began rooting through the mess he made, cleaning up as he went along to try and cover his tracks. Everything he was putting away was in pretty decent detail, though he didn’t know EXACTLY what he was doing, as the lights were off and he didn’t see anything. Of course that ultimately led to him tripping so…it was as good as it was going to get. He wasn’t finding anything interesting, but perhaps Michael was going to turn up with something.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana November 26th 2013, 4:52 pm

Michael let his head turn to the side, silver pools narrowing into mischievous slits as he made himself a little more comfortable on the throne. If Ouroboros were around, he would have not been sitting here, but then again the Ethereal King was not around, and that made Michael a little bolder than usual, the avaricious male that he truly was. Something about Shael’s expression was sever, more serious than he was used to and that gave it away, gave away what his older sibling was planning and it was wonderfully devious. ”We’re going to find out what he’s hiding? Michael asked unable to suppress the devious smirk that was playing across his lips, as if he was more than ready to delve into whatever plan that his brother had in mind. Of course asking Ouroboros was out of the equation, considering that he was hiding all of this in the first place, so that meant he did not want them to know.

He could have grilled Sean, but as much as he loved his father, he knew almost as much as they did when it came to most really important things. They would have to go about things more covertly, maybe even dig about in their father’s journal, a lovely little hive of information that would likely tell them whatever they needed to know. All Michael needed to do was find this journal and then he could know so many things, perhaps too much. Moving from his sitting position on the throne, Michael would follow after Shael, keeping but a few steps behind his sibling as they walked not towards the Occult labs; somewhere else entirely it seemed. That was when it clicked, that Ouroboros would only hide something of such importance in his room, a place that he thought safe enough to lay down his head whenever the king did so.

Walking through the room, the first thing that he took note of was that it was dark, took dark to see and within that moment he wished that he had some kind of night vision. At the moment only blind groping could really get them around, and Michael did not want to end up tripping over anything that could have been lying about; especially when any loud noises could simply invite trouble onto this supposed stealth mission. While he was trying to move as slowly and carefully as possible, Shael had a different approach to this and was noisily bumping into almost everything within the dark bathed room. There was a loud crash, the sound of metal clanking and Michael already guessed that it was the sound of some kind of armor.

Letting breath whistle through his lips, Michael drew upon his own energy and created a small amount of energy, forming it at the tip of his right index finger as it gave off enough light to help his search. Papers were scattered everywhere, though if by Shael or if they were already there Michael did not know, but he would begin his search, looking through anywhere that Shael had not already ventured to search. ”Journal…got it.” This searching went on for a few seconds until Michael found something, it looked like a journal and a rather important one as well, or so he assumed as he lifted it from its resting place. ”Shael, I think I found something. It looks pretty important anyway.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus November 27th 2013, 9:41 pm

.       Shael gave up his search and walked over for Michael, who seemed to have found something. It was definitely old, and it was definitely something that Ouroboros would keep around. It was over the top, yet altogether mysterious, nearly identical to the man who made the lands they stood on now, and somehow managed to keep it hidden to the entire world. The center of it, a glowing orb that glowed as emerald as the eye of their mutual father, and as eerily. Shael wasn’t sure that Michael had ever truly seen the “devious” natured Ouroboros, the one full of malice and spite, the one who’s emerald eyes so warm and kind…frosted over with a…determination that was undeniable. The one that wore the twisted smile and peered into the depths of their souls as he systematically eliminated every threat. This gem was an exact reminder of what awaited him when he opened this book.

”Welp…time to open it. Go ahead.” Shael said with a smile as he looked to Michael. He wanted to find out what was hiding, not die trying. Part of him groaned inside as his brotherly instinct kicked in and he took the Grimoire from Michael. He wasn’t about to let a trap spring on Michael, the poor thing was much more fragile than him after all. Shael, placed a finger over the gem, and at Shael’s touch,  it began to glow red. The book opened and a blast of energy flew out, propelling Shael back into the wall, splintering the bookcase and burying Shael in the books. The energy permeated in the air, like a blinding haze of gunpowder. Shael coughed

”GAHDAMNIT!” Shael called out, pulling up his arm, blood all over it, he was holding it, doubled over as he staggered and scampered to stand up. He staggered forward, still holding his hand. He walked over towards Michael, shot up and planted a big bloody hand on Michael, before snickering and pulling off his fingerless glove. The second he did he flopped it to the ground and smiled clasping his hand, actually taking the time to assess the damage. ”Wow…I knew I went for those for a reason…. Day-UUUM man.” He chuckled at how close the call actually was.

The book, or rather the Grimoire, was opened. It was slightly shocking when Shael went to touch it again and the ink moved and morphed. Shael drew his hand back and his eyes widened, shocked when the ink all bled together. It began to converge in the middle of the paged, in the spine of the book. The ink swirled and swirled, like a black vortex. The Emerald gem form the book, the one that had turned red, sank into the cover, as if it were liquid, and resurfaced in the center of the spine, in the center of the swirling ink vortex.

”You are not Ouroboros…” The rigid and monotonous voice echoed through the air. Shael’s hair stood on the back of his neck and he slowly began to look all around, waiting to see someone speaking to them. Shael looked back to the Grimoire once more, and shook his head, mouth slightly ajar and eyes that made him look a little tired.

”Uh…no. I’m to good looking to be him.” Shael said, a shurg before closing his mouth and blinking, staring at the book. A talking book? This was a new one, even for the Ethereal King. Not illogical, but highly…unlike Ouroboros to conjure up such an item. Shael was almost…uncertain though. This book was not of Ouro’s creation, at least he did not think. Shael looked to Michael, trying to discern if he perhaps had any insight to offer, or any magical hooplah to add in.

=======

Time passed slowly, but to a sleeping child, time means nothing. Though, to a sleeping child nothing is really meaningful. A shadow loomed around the room, walking in, retaining it’s color and warding of the vigilant enchantment that would otherwise influence it. A simple rune on a piece of simple paper, the paper was placed on the sleeping child’s arm, and within a moment…he was gone.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana November 29th 2013, 11:00 pm

Michael raised an eyebrow, lip pursing as he looked deeply into the emerald colored gem object embedded within the books cover. Something about it reminded him of eyes, Ouroboros eyes to be exact, the way that they bore into his very being and made Michael shudder. A single fingertip moving dance across the gem, stopping only a few inches before he turned attention upon Shael, waiting for him to take the book and do whatever it was that he planned to do. However, his elder sibling suggested that he open it and the threat of traps was what kept Michael from doing so. He could end up with having an arm blown off, burnt off or even chewed off by an ethereal mouth or something like that. With a slight smirk, Michael shook his head lightly. "Nah, I think you should do that." He said with a honey sweet smile, white teeth flashing as he allowed his sibling to take the tome from his hand.

As soon as his brother touched the book, a beam of energy lased out, emerald turning a ruby red color as the air grew thick with radiant energy. Without really even thinking Michael drew back, sucking breath through clenched teeth. One thing that stuck out within the smell of magic was the smell of...burnt flesh. The books defenses had managed to harm his brothers inhumanly durable skin, which meant that he would have beend amaged; maybe even far beyond repair, much like his and Silus mutual fathers' arm, well minus the mnagical mumbo jumbo behind it. Infact, the damage caused by his being forced back alone was rather intense, a bookshelf being shattered from Shaelsmashing into it, some books flying about and loudly thudding across the ground. He couldn't help but smirking, kereping in mind he could have been hurt by whatever happened. His sibling staggered for a moment ebfore shooting up his blood coated hand, some of the dark red fluid coming off in small drips.

Okay, deep within he was disgusted, slightly horrified and at the same time interested. If this were something that required Ouorboros to put such powerful magic over as a guard, then whatever needed hiding was very important indeed. Michael even found himself cringing when Shael placed his blood coated hand on the Ethereal being, not outright reacting negativly but he was sure that he showed his distaste for blood well enough. When the frimoire was opened, and Shael touched it once again, the ink bleed towards the center and began to do something. It seemed that their father had some information that he did not want anyone to see, and that meant that he would have to find out as much as possible, whatever this delicious information was.

Finally the damn book gave them something, granted what they got was worthtless words telliung them they were not Ouorboros but it was a start. If the book had some kind of enchantment protecting it, then Micvhael knew that they could potentially break said enchanment and then the good stuff.Shael however reacted as if he were expecting someone else to be within the room talking to them, but talking thigns were not too unheard of, considering Sean once showed him a talking broom. It however seemed that he was expected to know what to do, and for the most part Michael had no idea short of testing out his Titan trainign and simply forcing the damn thing to tell them what they wanted. While it was likely to work, Michael was unsure if the subsequent boost in magical energy would not be detectable and if their cover would have been burst as soon as they got to the good stuff.

"Not Ouroboros, but you're still telling me what I want to know."In an instant the texture of his ethereal energy grew dark, something that was unsettling to be around as it literally became visible. Something about him was darker, less like the Michael that he was letting through only a few seconds ago, as if he wernt through a massive personality change within the last few seconds. "I'll find out your secrets one way...." A trail of dark ethereal ran along the pagtes of the book. "Or another."
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus November 30th 2013, 10:47 pm

”Do not presume you can threaten me, Son of Atterrius.” The book said, a powerful crackle of Dark Ethereal energy shot out at Michael, the energy totally identical. Pure Ethereal and Dark Ethereal energy, moving in perfect harmony began to circle the Grimoire. The energy was invisible to the normal eye, but it could be felt saturating the air, like a different form if evil and foreboding humidity. Likewise it was washed with saving grace and a calm rush. Just ever so faintly, it could be felt…the energies joining in a synergistic union, erasing themselves as singular energies and forming a new, and terrifying power. The powers of Dark Ethereal inspiring the emotions portraying wrath, causing fear, dread and utter dismay. Meanwhile, Pure Ethereal came like a gentle breeze, blissfully resting on the dark energy with a loving and calming serendipity. The fusion was a tremendous power, one that was rare…one that was nearly identical to Ouroboros…but even more…potent.

”Shit!” Shael said as he pulled at Michael, trying to get his hand away from the book. Unfortunately it was too late. A ripple of Ethereal energy went around them as a dome, and it dissipated revealing them to be….somewhere else. They weren’t in the room anymore….oh no. This place was too…different. Floating rubble and ruins, as if they were defying gravity…they randomly began to assemble as they  formed what seemed like a pathway of rubble and debris. Beneath them was a void, a total endless space of dark waters, arms crawling up and reaching onto the energy sources of arms that tried to escape and pulled them under. Overhead was a blinding sun-like structure. Shael looked to Michael and searched the area over…there was one oath…and subsequently only one place to go.  A loud purring sound could be heard form behind, and the crumbling of stone The black waters had scaled the back of the cobblestone platform and began to ooze forward, it’s malicious intent obvious.

”Come children…do not dawdle.” The Grimoire echoed as the path oozing liquid practically forced them to follow the path to it’s end. It’s end, another platform with a large mist. The mist converged, and before them now stood a glowing “celestial” looking Ouroboros. While it looked like a light-form Ouroboros, it’s voice was still distinctly different, and it’s mannerisms were much different…there was something darker and more objective about this creature, whatever it may be. The creature stood there, folded arms and  ”Welcome, son’s of Atterius. Welcome to The Etherealm

”Where are we and what do you keep calling us?” Shael said as he crossed his own arms and began tapping his foot, the chocolate colored eyes with a slight glow boring into the Light creature.

”Your names are of little consequence. You are temporary beings in an realm of infinite possibility. You are Shael, and you are Michael. Though I address you according to your roles and importance in the events to come. Thus you are simply addressed as a collective group. Though if I must address you as you prefer I will do so upon my own terms. Ouroboros would not like this….our meeting. Unfortunately for him, the Ethereal King is not here to prevent it…I have seen the dial turn, I watched the die as it was cast. There are only two ways this can end, though…perhaps it is time for destiny to forge it’s own path…Perhaps you are the instruments of salvation” The creature said. The black waters fired up like jets of water and arched, slashing onto the ground behind the creature of light, forming a dark and ominous throne of death. Leaning back, the creature gracefully descended into the throne and lounged back, looking to the children. ”You are here seeking answers…so speak!”

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana December 1st 2013, 2:20 am

The strange book responded to his threats with a simple retort, though he called Michael something that drew almost as much curiosity as what they were trying to figure out. A small spark of Dark Ethereal energy shot out, meeting and negating the small spark that had made its way from his finger. However there was soemthing else that came along with that energy, something that drew from within him a certain annoyance, lips drawing into a dark expression as Michael considered destroying the Grimoire. However as soon as the thought entered his mind, Michael became more than aware that he could not destroy the book, his own magical power insufficient to do it. This alone only annoyed the young ethereal even more, not that he couldn't think of a way to do so anyway.

Shael reached out to pull Michael away from the book, but he was too late to stop anything. Within an instant they were surrounded by a dome of ethereal energy, everything seeming to change rapidly. The next thing that he saw was not their fathers room, but something else entirely, possibly not even within the isles, but another place entirely. His entire body tingled, radiant energy within the air seeming to react strangely with his own, and keeping the darker energy from taking over.Beyond the ruined solid ground that theyw alked upon, Michael took notice of the strange black water that he had a feeling would be able to kill both him and his sibling. From what he could surminse, there was only one path that they could take and Michael was not willing to be shoehorned around.

The sound of the thing voice drew them along, further away from the black liquid that was intent on killing the two, or atleast consuming them. A mist converged upon a single figure, one that looked familiar but at the same time so different from what he was used to. It was their mutual father, but something about him seemed different, celestial almost and it made Michael distrust him immidiatly. The "Ouroboros" welcomed them, but called them sons of some Atterrius person once again and that brought up a question. Who the hell was Atterrius? Something told him that whoever he was, they had everything to do with whatever was bothering Ouroboros. Before Michael could ask the question, Shael asked first, and the answer given was not really an answer at all. Something about the being ahead of them annoyed Michael, or more accuratly it was something within him, a dark energy that was sloowly beggining to grow in strength.

"To start off what exactly do you mean by "Sons of Atterrius"? You've used that phrase atleast twice now and its still not making any fucking sense." His voice dripped with something, a dark intent that was uncharacteristic of Michael, or rather not the Michael that he usually showed. "The better question I think if who...or what are you?"
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus December 1st 2013, 3:39 pm

. ”Names are labels, created by humans to better recognize and differentiate entities. Michael, you know why I call you the on of Atterrius, you have heard the name before. When you met the one whom bears my arm. Just as you have your lables, I have my own. Throughout history I have been named many things. I have been called Hell, I have been called Abysmo, I have been called Hades and even the void. I am all of these things, yet altogether not as they are believed to be. Of all my names however…you may perhaps know me best as “Ragnarox”, this name is familiar to you, is it not?” The creature asked them. Apparently if this being was telling the truth, it was an eons old Ethereal who opposed the first Ethereal user.

”Like, the place?” Shael asked. It was an easy enough mistake, considering very little was known about the person Raganarox, beyond he was very powerful. The place known as “The Ruins of Ragnarox” were a much more well known place. The celestial Ouroboros stepped forward and seemed to remain completely ambivalent to their confusions, and even ambivalent to their entire existence. Shale gave the thing a look, the kind that threatened without the need to speak. Shael hated being ignored, or having a question left unanswered.

”The Ruins received their name because that was the location of the Final battle in the Ethereal War…a War that is about to reoccur. The Ruins was the ground where I defeated the first Ethereal user. But Ouroboros…he has changed everything. Equally as so, so have you, son’s of Atterrius.” The creature said. To Shael it was making little sense. How could Ouroboros change history from the present moment? Perhaps things weren’t as clear cut as they should have been.

”So…If you’re Ragnarox, why are you a dusty old book in our dad’s room?” Shael snapped, trying to keep his questions as to the point as possible.

”Because Ouroboros is worthy.” The creature replied, noting Shael’s eager attempts to be brief, and intentionally matching it with short no-descriptive or non-explanitory answers to annoy him. It worked, because Shael was mad, and everyone knew it from the way he bit down on his thumb. ”I span throughout the multiverse and I already know what will happen, when it will happen, and what YOU will do in response. This place you are in….multiple Ethereal souls, from every corner of the multiverse all gather here upon their demise. It is in this place that they are stored, and eventually resurrected…or devoured by the Darkness. It is I, and my arm that can save your verse from the First Ethereal user, Jehovah. You asked me what I am, and now I tell you…I am The Godsbane.” It said. Shael looked to Michael, a perfect mix of rage, curiosity and disbelief. Ouroboros' Sword was the creature before them? His blade was the enigmatic entity Ragnarox? Shael was also slightly irked at Michael for a moment, though not specifically at him...more so because he apparently knew something that Shael did not.

"So...." He said to Michael with a questioning eyebrow. What was the plan now?

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt December 12th 2013, 12:20 am

Michael had an inkling of course, ever since his meeting with the Irish male in Chicago a while ago. It really only took the confirmation of this strange being in front of them to allow him to accept it as fact, considering that he could not have knowledge based on assumptions. The name that it gave them was a familiar one, considering that the ruins on the isles was called by that, and he was perhaps putting together why that was. Either they were named after this being, or he had something to do with its naming. Shael however was quick on the uptake and asked the question for him, and got an answer that seemed to serve its purpose, or at least partially answer his question. In the end of all of this questioning, they found out another interesting fact, that this being was infact the blade that their father wielded.

Something within him bristled however, a feeling deep within his being that caused the hairs along his arms to stand up. So that Niall guy bore an arm from this guy? How that worked he was unaware of, but then again Ethereal energy enjoyed pissing all over the conventional and this would be no different. His mind ran over many things, but Shael’s voice snapped him out of contemplation, one eyebrow raising as he looked to his older sibling. Something within his tone did not sit well with Michael however, causing him to shy away from his sibling ever so slightly. ”So…what?” He could tell that Shael expected him to have some kind of plan up his sleeve, perhaps interesting knowledge that was unknown, but honestly Michael had nothing.

What he knew about anything was minimal, but then again not like any real information was handed to them in the first place.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus December 12th 2013, 8:36 pm

"You came seeking answers, and so answers I will give you." Godsbane said as he seemed to flicker, when he flickered there was an odd transformation, the celestial image turned more ghost like, and then returned to a solid. He took a couple steps forward, and his oddly shaded eyed fell upon Michael and then upon Silus. "The time of your beloved Ethereal empire has come to it's end...and with it, Ouroboros as well. I speak to you now to tell you that this is war. The Ethereals will be divided, though your paths within it are uncertain. There are those that will seek claim to the Ethereal throne, but I tell you now...one of you here will be king of the Ethereals while the other will be dead to the world." Godsbane informed them.

Shael looked to Michael, he was a little bummed out about this news. Their world was going to fall apart entirely. Then to make matters worse, Ouroboros' was going to vanish alongside their way of life. Topping the sundae with whipped cream, one of them was going to rule in their father's place when countless others would try to take it form them. Then came the bloody colored cherry, one of them was going to die. Shael swallowed. This wasn't the best news ever. He didn't want Michael to die, and he'd more than gladly be the one who died...but even though he loved his brother...he knew his brother was far from the ideal king.

"I know what is to come...and I will tell you that I have neglected detail, as well as the ultima fate. But I will tell you this... The cycle is always reborn." Godsbane added in, and that seemed to be the last he was going to say. Shael wasn't quite sure what to do about this... it was definitely not your every day adventure. "Ouroboros comes...I would not be here if I were in your bodies." He added, and in a flash of light, everything faded, and they were within the walls of the Ethereal kingdom once more. Shael took what the book said as truth and he immediately went for the door, calling for Michael to leave the book and follow. Shael didn't make it ten steps into the hallway when Ouroboros, glowing green eyes ablaze and the image of a serpant devouring it's own tail peered into his soul.

"Where.Is.He?" Ouroboros growled.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt December 12th 2013, 9:08 pm

The enigmatic being known as Ragnarox said that he would give those answers and now that was what he was giving them. Within an instant he seemed to flicker, becoming ghost like before solid once again, and that was when he gave these answers. He spoke almost prophetically, in a way that sent a tingle up his spine, causing Michael to feel something reverberate through his very being and cause that darker energy within to send warmth through his entire body. A war would wrack their entire civilization, and out of it one of the two would be dead and the other king. Sure Shael was the charismatic bastard that he was, but he wasn’t king material, however the thought that he would die made Michael feel sick. Even within his own ambitions, having his sibling dead did not sit well with the male, not in the least.

However, Michael would not let that show, his hesitance towards the information given, especially that one of them would be able to do what others had not, to rule over the isles as Ethereal King. That he was to become the king, something that was his goal ever since he could really rationally think. Godsbane went on, saying something about Ultima and then Ouroboros coming, that was when the world around them faded away, and left them back within the Ethereal kingdom. Michael found himself breathless, a single bead of sweat running down his forehead as his silver pools were wide open. Doing as Shael said, he left the book and began to follow after him, though they were met by an angry Ouroboros. If he wasn’t nervous before, Michael was terrified now. As arrogant as the male was, in the face of his father with that look, it all melted away.

”Where is who?” He managed to say without too much quivering.
----
Sean felt it, that strange energy permeating the air and one that he had felt once before. ”Nice  place you have here, a little much but one can’t complain.” The mocking tone noted, Sean turning around and coming face to face with the being. A blonde with a molten colored silver eyes, and dressed similarly to how he was, but that was perhaps more to mock him. ’And he could work on the security, I got in without so much as an ounce of trouble, The King must think more highly of his defenses than they are worth.”

”Why the hell are you here?”

The blonde leaned against the wall, chewing lightly on his index fingers nail before turning to Sean. ”Just checking up on you. We did get off on a bad start when I beat you into the pavement last time, which just won’t do.” The way that his tone lilted about annoyed the Titan more than anything. ”How are the children though? I know Michael is well, but what about the other one? He’s not around the palace you see, and.” This drew a reaction that he was expecting, which came in the form of a bolt of Nether that hit a small barrier of strange energy, one that was filled with many hues of strange color. ”….oh I seem to have hit a nerve. I’m not threatening anyone though, just making an…observation.” and in an instant he was gone.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus December 13th 2013, 1:52 am

"I know you two did something to him, what did you do!?" Ouroboros yelled, throwing his fist into the wall, a surge of dark energy basically radiating from him, Shael's hair stood on end and he was ready to go on the defensive. "Seriously, I'm gone for fourteen hours and I come back to find Silus gone and an anti-Tit-uuugh. Nevermind, just tell me where Silus is." Ouroboros commanded. Shael's eyes widened and he looked around. How long were they inside that Etherium place or whatever the hell it was called!? Fourteen hours was a long friggin time to be trapped in another realm.

"Dad, I left him in his room I swear!" Shael pleaded his innocence. Ouroboros' eyes turned from Shael to Michael. Ouroboros lifted his hand as if he were going to point at Michael. Shael stepped between them. Ouroboros' teeth began to grate and grind, but Shael just stood there, determined look in his eyes, showing no sign of fear. Ouroboros snarled as he turned and started walking away. Shael relaxed a little before shaking his head. "I hate it when he has that aura or whatever..." Shael said, referencing the faint traces of Dark Ethereal coming form within Ouroboros, as if at the center of the light was an all-consuming blackhole of malice and tyranny. He looked to Michael and took in a relaxing breath to calm his nerves. He had fought Ouroboros before...not something he wanted to repeat. Despite his rare ability...he still couldn't beat the Ethereal King. "Dude, if you or one of your little posy did this you gotta fix it!" Shael said as he started walking down the halls.

Silus' eyes opened and he found that he was in the middle of nowhere. Close enough anyway, he was surrounded by sand, rocks and bones. He knew EXACTLY where he was. He had fallen right into Death's Embrace. Seeing as he was a "gene-hazard" and had no powers, he was easily considered dead, even to himself, he considered every second a blessing. He got up, licking his lips in the hot sun, looking all around. Where was his daddy? Where was Shael? Hell he'd take Michael or his Dad at this rate. All he knew was that he was in a bad situation. He looked up to the sky...it was early morning, a little later than he was used to waking up. He tried to stand in the sand, finding it surprisingly difficult to keep footing. He tried to remember what creatures he was supposed to avoid and be cautious of...

"He hasn't left the Isle, I can still feel his presence. Zakaken search the City, Someone get word to the Ice Dragon. Lych I want you to scoured everywhere within the Veil." Ouroboros commanded his 'troops'. The Lych just looked at him and slowly began shaking his head.

"I think we all know he won't be there." Lych said, and with that he turned and walked off for the doors. Zakaken left to search the city, and a few guards ran off to try and alert their Draconian friend in The Final Frost. Meanwhile Ouroboros paced, hands locked behind his back. Shael shook his head and sighed as the aura around Ouroboros grew stronger and stronger every second, almost saturating the air with an alien humidity. Soon the Aura would consume him entirely and that was not something Shael wanted to see.

"We gotta find him." Shael said plainly.

Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top