The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_vote_lcapThomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_voting_barThomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_vote_lcapThomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_voting_barThomas Quine AKA Paradox  I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Thomas Quine AKA Paradox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  Empty Thomas Quine AKA Paradox

Post by Paradox March 24th 2011, 8:08 pm

Super Hero Name: Paradox (The reason for his name is that he contradicts himself as he contradicts reality. Instead of being a normal human like he should have been, he became a superhuman. Instead of being filled with anguish, he chose to persevere and live on. His "Super Hero Name" wasn't created for any simple reasons like having to do directly with his powers. His name was chosen because it fit the image he wanted to create of himself for when he traveled the streets. Even that, by itself, is a defiance to what should be chosen as his name. (Also, "Paradox" sounds cooler than "Energy-Man".))
Title: He is called Oxymoron (Paradox if taken seriously) by villains. Everyone else simply calls him Paradox.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Caucasian, SuperHuman
Hair: His hair is a strange, dark black that’s similar to a crows’ feather. It flows down covering his eyes.
Eyes: His eyes are a jade green. They’re almost a smoky dark green with exotic black flecks.
Height: 6’2” (This fits well with his medium frame)
Weight: 180 (primarily muscle)

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: If you were to take a glance at Thomas as you walked merrily down the road you would see him a dark, pessimistic figure in the distance. You would only be half right. Cowering behind a self-righteous, justice-intoxicated mask Thomas is like any other guy. He has hopes, dreams, wishes he could find a girl, but just doesn’t know how to start. He’s just optimistic enough to stay cheerful, and smiles more than none. Most of the time he throws out simple puns and jokes to lighten the mood; whether that mood be in the time of simple conversation or battle I’ll leave it up to you. But, as I said before, he appears to be a fairly dark person. His entire hero “image” is based after his personality. It’s the perfect fit. He does merely what he believes to be right, and will do anything to save someone, whether he or she is a comrade, friend, family, or innocent. The only thing he really despises is villains. Running about raining terror down upon those who wish nothing more than to get home and experience the few pleasures they need to get through the next day. That is evil. Thomas absolutely abhors evil. The idea of hurting or killing someone without heart is a stain on the shirt of existence. At least, that’s what Thomas believes… which is why Thomas made his alter-ego; the man behind the mask; the one who does the dirty work; … Paradox.

History: This is the simple story of a boy named Thomas. Well, “Tom” for short. Tom grew up his days like any other normal young child. He had a father, mother, and even a little sister to accompany him hour after hour each and every day. He was what most people consider to be lucky. He spent his merry days on his merry way lasting on the thought of a joyful summer to spend with his best of friends. He played games like four square, and whatever else that young children like to do. The only thing is… the only REALITY is… is that… no life is ever that perfect. Just as every night has its’ day… every day ends with night. His day ended far faster than he ever expected.

Like an earthquake cracking down on the very foundation of his life, the darkness below enveloped him in sadness and grief as what could be seen as the worst event possible happened. His whole family was murdered; every single one of them butchered by the fancy of a murderer. It’s terrible, almost insane, to think that someone could take away such an amount of lives for no reason. What’s worse… what’s worse is that he didn’t take them all away. No, he left but one alive. One young boy too innocent, too kind, and too inexperienced with life was left alive, alone, and scarred. His life was turned inside out; black to white; everything to nothing.

But they say every time a man is born, a seed is planted in the ground. Year after year that tree would grow just as the man would. And even if the tree were to be cut down, that tree would grow back by the very seeds it was born from. Just like that tree, Tom would grow back. Only… this time… he would grow back on a different side of the forest; the darker side of the forest.

A year later from that exact day did he start to develop his super powers. More like a prolonging of it's awakening than anything, his powers were formed not only from his genetics and from whatever spiritual force form above, but from the lingering hate and disgust he was given but a year ago; that very same day. The pure energy that he can control was manifested from his staggering life force and determination; the determination to do whatever it would take to find the murderer.

As he discovered more and more about his powers he learned more and more things about himself. And as he trained his body and mind, he trained his powers. For he had a reason to do such a thing. To isolate himself from a normal life to give his being a purpose. He wanted to not only find the murderer of his family, but to prevent something like that from ever happening again. It would never happen again on his watch; on Paradox's watch.

(No other history is known about Thomas. I’d rather have more of his history be uncovered through role-play, so I’d like to leave it as that.)

((Note: He currently resides in New York City, but is known for traveling elsewhere.))

Powers: Paradox has the uncanny ability to create, conjure, control, and manipulate complex shapes or even functional machinery out of solid energy. It would take a considerable amount of concentration to create a functional machine out of energy though. The solid energy takes a basic golden color, but Paradox can change it if he wants to. In addition he has the ability to turn his whole body, or specific parts of it, into solid energy to which he can manipulate. This is also how he can fly. By turning his body into solid energy he can fly about because of his power of control and manipulation of solid energy. Other than that, he has a technique called “Infection.” He can slowly turn an object, or anything that is of a physical form, into solid energy, much like how he can fly (turning himself into solid energy). The only side-back is that he must continue touching it for this technique to work. If he were to stop touching it, whatever it is, it would return to normal. All of his abilities reside around the base power that he has; to create, conjure, control, and manipulate solid energy.

(If Paradox’s powers are a bit too much, feel free to relay some opinions/suggestions on me.)

Power Grid: 21 Psuedo-Flight with no major weakness

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Character Image/Description:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample: Step by step he sped across a lone rooftop amidst the jungle of rooftops of the city. Every turn led to something more dark and dangerous. Every jump led to something more surprising than before. As he reached the end of the rooftop in what seemed to be a split second he leapt across to the other side. Just before he landed he noticed something quite peculiar about what was happening down below. Peeking over the side he saw a man wearing a cheap suit and paper bag over his head. Must be one of those first-attempt robberies… Might as well go and “power-up”. His body rippling with said power, it turned completely black outlining his body like a comic book hero. The only thing that was easily visible was his mask; his trademark. Floating a few feet above the roof he sprang into action and soared down to the bank that the man had just disappeared into. A bank, how cliché.

Stepping inside he immediately saw the figure before him yelling angrily at everyone asking for the money. “WHERE’S THE MONEY! GET DOWN, YUH IDIOTS, I GOT A GUN!” Smirking slightly, he ascended in height as he grew nearer to the opponent. Hey, paper-bag-head, stop frustrating the clients. There he went again; joking as if it really mattered. Did that really fit his image? Put the gun down, and no one will get hurt. The robber slowly turned around in fear of what he might see… only to be let down. From his point of view he only saw a floating white mask... which should be more than enough to terrify anyone. Oh, I’m sorry, let me help you with that. Radiating a new color from his clearly defined body, he wore a bright shade of golden yellow to surprise the robber. The sudden change of color would be more than enough to distract him. Using his battle experience combined with his speed, it looked as if he warped to the robber’s side. From a human’s sight anyways…; he wasn’t a human.

Striking the back of the man’s neck with his hand, the robber flew forward and clashed with the floor as he hit the ground. “W-what are you,” he so cleverly retorted. As he descended down at a frightening speed he said, ”I’m your worst nightmare…; I’m Paradox.

(I'd also like to say that I usually role-play better, it's just hard to make a random sample when I have nothing to go off of.)

Last edited by Paradox on April 1st 2011, 6:04 pm; edited 11 times in total
Paradox
Paradox

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 39
Job : Being Awesome
Humor : You just lost the game.
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  Empty Re: Thomas Quine AKA Paradox

Post by Paradox March 31st 2011, 7:57 pm

Bump, I suppose.

Lay it on me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"I knew I should have taken ballet, because it's time to dance!" - Paradox
Paradox
Paradox

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 39
Job : Being Awesome
Humor : You just lost the game.
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Thomas Quine AKA Paradox  Empty Re: Thomas Quine AKA Paradox

Post by Sul-Fury April 1st 2011, 9:36 pm

Approved sir, look forward to seeing your character apply his abilities.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Number of posts : 598
Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down