The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Predator and it's Prey I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
A Predator and it's Prey I_vote_lcapA Predator and it's Prey I_voting_barA Predator and it's Prey I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
A Predator and it's Prey I_vote_lcapA Predator and it's Prey I_voting_barA Predator and it's Prey I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Predator and it's Prey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Predator and it's Prey Empty A Predator and it's Prey

Post by Xerox June 5th 2013, 8:02 pm

A high pitched scream, the sound of shattering glass and incoherent, yet violent, mumbling could be heard inside the building behind him. Eyes closed and head tilted downward, Richard shook his head and sighed. How many times had he done this before? Twenty? Thirty? He'd lost count. Not really being the most memorable or skillful of characters, Rich was often given the role of lookout. The work wasn't actually all that hard. All you do is tell the other guys when you see the cops or, god forbid, a superhero. At most you discourage any would-be-heroes from interfering whatever the rest were doing. However, the work was really damn monotonous for the most part. It was almost painful how boring things could get, especially on a night like this when the street seemed devoid of all life and his accomplices were taking their sweet ass time. He wasn't even sure what they were doing in there, but from the sound of it they were probably extorting the store owner or calling in debts that the couple inside couldn't pay. From the racket they were making, it was clearly not a simple robbery.

With a light drizzle falling from the overcast sky and an uncomfortable mist rolling in, things only seemed to worsen for the career criminal. Fidgeting, he adjusted his stance against the wall adjacent the front door. The brick was neither comfortable, nor that clean, but he didn't really mind all that much. If things went well he wouldn't be here much longer. Thinking back to the reason he actually came along with these guys in the first place, Rich scowled lightly. An old 'friend' called in a favor to help him out with a small job. The man himself was pretty good guy, as far as crooks went. Having known him from his days in prison, Rich knew him to be a nice 'bad guy' most of the time. Definitely better than some of the wackjobs Rich had come across, he considered grimly. Though Richard's opinion of him had taken a drop today after the tight pocketed lowlife made him do this for free.

More shattering sounds and another scream reverberated in the desolate street. Whatever they were doing, they were certainly not being gentle about it. A quick glance up either sides of the street confirmed no one else was around. If there was someone or something else here, they were doing an excellent job of staying out of sight. The desire to light up a fresh one was there in his mind and had his stingy accomplice not taken his last one, he'd have done so gladly. Without warning, a sense of dread swept over him like an iron blanket. His chest tightened and as if someone was pressing down on his rib-cage, his breaths became shallow and pained. Dilated pupils shot from side to side, scanning the surrounding area for...whatever it was doing this to him. Catching only a glimpse of a shadow in the mist. He rubbed his eyes furiously with his arm, his eyes were obviously playing tricks on him. With inexplicable fear and a cold sweat building, Rich banged his fist against the door. "Hurry the hell up in there!" His sense of urgency carried over in his voice. His eyes widened and he made an abrupt turn around. He knew he heard something. Upholstering his gun, he readied himself.
Xerox

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-05-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top