The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:21 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Chasing the Devil Ch. 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 Empty Chasing the Devil Ch. 2

Post by Hawkwing November 25th 2012, 4:52 pm

Chapter 2
Back in 1989; I was working a case in The Jungle in L.A. There had been a recent outbreak of witches taking over the gangs, and I had just finished sending them all to hell, when I was hunted. You see, there are two major types of hunters, the Bloodlines and the Catchers. The Bloodlines are direct descendants of the first murderer, Cain. They will hunt anything that is not from this world, even fallen angels. The Catchers are everyone else. The Bloodlines had tried to kill me a few times before, but none as extensively as this hunter. He chased me across the country for six months before I decided that it was time to face him head on.
I appeared in his motel room, surprising him immensely. He pulled out a small revolver. The fear in his eyes was obvious, which surprised me because he had never shown any emotion during any of our other run-ins.
“What are you doing here, monster?” He asked, the gun shaking.
“Finishing this,” I said as I struck out at him, grabbing the hand that had the gun and striking his throat. The gun clattered to the ground and he stepped back. I pulled out a gun of my own and unloaded into him. I turned around to leave when I heard a baby cry. I turned quickly, with a knife in hand. Lying in a small cradle was a baby boy. He was barely six months old by the looks of it, and with the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen. I couldn’t leave him there, I’ve always had a soft spot for babies. I took him back to the headquarters and raised him to hunt.
He became one of the best hunters I’ve ever seen, and is now my right hand man, going on solo missions from time to time. Luke has no regard for personal safety and is amazingly compassionate. He was the only one on my team who I trusted to hunt without me. He was currently on a mission in southern Illinois, hunting down some Chimeras. I forgot how much he loved Christmas, and that he was supposed to be arriving back home early Christmas morning.
I was sleeping on the couch when it happened. He ran through the warehouse yelling, “It’s Christmas everybody! Wake up it’s Christmas!” He jumped on the couch and got really close to my face and yelled, waking me up. I sat up and threw him off, onto the floor. He laughed and ducked as a pillow flew past his head.
When me, Katie, and J.T. finally pulled ourselves out of bed, Luke was making bacon and eggs. Katie plopped onto a chair, picking through her bacon and eggs groggily. J.T. grabbed some food and went over to his computer, checking for any emergency reports. I sat across from Katie as Luke sat on my right. After breakfast, we all went our separate ways and accomplished a few tasks, just like any other day, when J.T. called me over.
“We got something big, boss.” He said, beads of sweat trickling down his face.
“Whatcha got, J.T.?”
“We have three families missing either leaving from, or arriving in Vancouver.”
“What are we thinking?” I asked, my pulse starting to speed up.
“We have no clue; Doc is on the case but he asked for backup.” J.T. said. I grabbed my Bluetooth and walked away. Christmas was not a day to mess with me. I always wanted to spend Christmas with my team if I could.
When I arrived in Vancouver J.T. came in over my headset. He told me that Doc would be waiting for me at a small diner on the outskirts of town. I walked over to it and saw him standing outside. Doc, coming in at six foot two inches tall and two hundred pounds, is definitely an intimidating person. He stood out among the crowd, calmly scratching a pale scar that ran from his jaw all the way to his salt and pepper hair. I crossed the street, startling a flock of ravens, and approached him.
“Merry Christmas, Angel.” He said flatly.
“Great day for a hunt, eh?” I said with a smile, as Doc fingered a Bowie knife on his belt. Doc grinned slightly then waved me inside.
We sat in a corner booth and order some coffee. Doc glanced around for peering eyes as he pulled out a stack of photos. I flipped through them, taking in the gruesome sights. The cars appeared to have hit something quite large. The windows were all smashed and the body’s all had deep cuts, some with glass in them. The most gruesome part though was that all of the victims, some of them children, had their throats torn out.
“What do you think, Angel?” Doc asked expectantly.
“It looks like something ran in front of the car, giving a pack of vampires just enough time to attack, pulling the families out of their cars and then killing them.” I said, flipping through the pictures quickly.
“Why do they still have blood then, what vampires are that sophisticated, and what ran in front of the car?” Doc said breathlessly.
I shook my head; I had no answers to his questions. There was something very unique about this whole situation…
Malphas shivered in the cold Canadian weather. He had been stationed in Miami when he started looking for a promotion. He didn’t think he would be stuck out in the Canadian winter with a pack of bloodthirsty monsters. A large black raven flew to his shoulder with a purpose. Malphas communicated with the bird, learning that the Son of the Prophecy was here. He smirked and glanced over at the vampires, watching as they sat around a crate, growling and drinking from bags of blood. The crate shuddered when Malphas walked closer.
“Hush up,” Malphas barked at the crate as he glared at the monsters.
“All right, look sharp, he’s here.” He said in a hoarse voice, running his hand through his greasy black hair. He smoothed out his black and gray suit and walked away. The ravens would keep him posted on the devil-spawn’s movements, but he needed to draw him out effectively.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chasing the Devil Ch. 2 HawkwingsGrid
Hawkwing
Hawkwing

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top