The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_vote_lcapChasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_voting_barChasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_vote_lcapChasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_voting_barChasing the Devil Ch. 1 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Chasing the Devil Ch. 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chasing the Devil Ch. 1 Empty Chasing the Devil Ch. 1

Post by Hawkwing November 23rd 2012, 3:38 pm

Chapter 1
First off, I’m not like you. I’m a fallen angel, son of Lucifer. I was cast from heaven when my lineage was discovered. When I got here, I found that my father’s monsters were escaping hell. Now, my job is to send them back. This is my story of Chasing the Devil…
‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through Manhattan some creatures were stirring... and they weren’t mice. They were hellhounds, snarling nasty creatures that will eat anything from a rat to a large man. They were running through the streets of Manhattan with me hot on their tails. There were three of them, each of them as big as a Prius. Their leader, a nasty one with a white patch of fur on his chest, was leading the pack. These were ones I had been hunting for a while, but tonight they weren’t going to get lucky because roaring behind the hellhounds was me on a Harley. I was gaining ground fast. The hellhounds slid around a corner as I cut across the sidewalk.
When they turned the corner, I was there, right behind the leader and between the other two. I pulled an Uzi out of my leather jacket, shooting one of the hellhounds in the head without missing a beat. Then something terrible happened. I hit a pothole. As I flew through the sky, the only thought going through my mind was "Oh crap!"
I executed an almost perfect roll and landed on my feet. I took a quick scan of my surroundings and saw that I was a bit ahead of the hellhounds. I turned as the lead hellhound barked at the other one. The hellhound leaped at my throat as I pulled a machete out. The hellhound tried to get away from my blade. It didn’t work. The monster burst into black ash as I cleaved through the top half of its head, blowing away in the cold northern wind.
¬ It was down to me and the lead hellhound. He started to circle me slowly. I matched his steps. He snarled and bared his teeth, trying to intimidate me. I held my blade and tensed, ready for him to make a move. After what seemed like hours, he finally lunged. I paused, waiting for the last possible moment then I swung my machete, catching him at the base the skull. It was over. The hellhounds were dead. I was relieved I could finally go home.
I appeared in my headquarters in Chicago in the blink of an eye. I know, cool, right. I had actually stolen the Harley and didn’t need it for transportation because I could basically teleport. All angels, fallen angels, and demons can teleport long distances. My headquarters is large warehouse overlooking Lake Michigan. This place is extremely versatile. For one it has a huge computer that covers a whole wall. It also has a gymnasium, a library of the occult, an arsenal, a garage, and a normal living space. As I walked towards the kitchen, I heard a voice.
"Angel, what the hell?" It was J.T., my techie, walking toward me angrily.
"What is it this time J.T.?" I asked, slightly annoyed.
"You turned your communications device off." He makes me wear a Bluetooth that has been reinforced using black magic, just in case anything would go south. I don’t like it so I tend to turn it off.
"Was that it J.T.?" I asked with a sigh.
"Well...yeah I guess so." he stuttered, looking slightly flustered that I had completely blown him off.
“O.k. then," I said,”anything happen while I was gone?"
“Oh yeah, Katie wanted to talk to you."
"Where is she?"
"In the library."
I started toward the library hoping Katie had found something. Doorways to hell had been opening everywhere. We don’t know exactly where they are so we can shut them and we don’t know how to shut them. Katie had been given the task of finding out as much as she could about them, because she was by far our best researcher. I walked into the library and saw Katie sitting at a desk with a thick book entitled Hellhounds, Hydras, and Other Horrors. "So," I said, "you wanted to talk to me?"
"Yeah," she said, “I wanted to tell you I found a promising text from the Celtic druids, it dates to the fourth century.” She explained that the text outlined our universe. According to the text, our worlds overlapped. This is what we thought, because the doorways seemed to be fourth dimensional. Our worlds are simply parallel universes, and earth is the catch-all.
"Well keep up the good work." I said as I left the room. When I got to the gymnasium, I started to do some chin-ups.
I worked out for about thirty more minutes and then put my iPod in and hit the sack, hoping that the monsters would lay low for Christmas tomorrow. The last thing I remembered was Bob Marley singing "No woman, no cry."
'Twas the night before Christmas and everything was normal.
Aron was worried. He was the head demon but even still, he didn’t get many audiences with Lord Lucifer. This was a special occasion though because Lucifer had a plan to wreak havoc on the world… again. Aron’s eyes darted around the throne room. The first thing to catch his eye was the throne. A large chair that had been carved from shadows, it was a beautifully awful thing. The other thing that caught his attention was Lucifer himself. He was beautiful. He had long blonde hair and the features of a supermodel. He wore a flowing black robe that blended in to the throne. Aron gathered himself and spoke, "Milord," he said weakly, "everything is in place, the vampires are ready and no one suspects anything."
"Good," said Lucifer almost melodically, "I would hate to see what would happen to you if the plan fails. Do I make myself understood, Aron?"
"Yes, milord." mumbled Aron.
"Now leave my presence, you disgust me." Aron shuffled out of the room relieved that he wasn’t destroyed.
Michael was the most powerful angel in the world and he knew it. He was handsome, he had bright blue eyes, perfect features, short brown hair, and brilliant golden wings. Michael watched the sin in the world when he felt a presence behind him. “Raphael,” he said. Raphael walked up to his side. Raphael was Michael’s most trusted advisor, he was pure of heart, and would never betray anyone. He had deep blue eyes, soft features, and pure white wings.
“Milord,” Raphael said, his pure white wings twitching.
“How is Angel?”
“We are keeping him from his father the best we can.”
“Good, keep it that way, the less he knows, the better.”
“Milord?”
“Yes? Are you having qualms? I’d hate to think you need to be replaced after all this time.”
“No, Milord.”
“We are doing the right thing.”
“But is it the right way?”
Michael glared at Raphael. Raphael backed away, leaving the Archangel to ponder the situation.
President Jackson dismissed his bodyguards from the Oval Office. General Michael Stone, a decorated war hero from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and a whole bunch of other stans, stood before him. Jackson mulled over the General for a few moments. Not much was known about Stone before he became a soldier, but he was a damn good soldier and a great intelligence officer. Stone was in charge of a NSA investigation into these portals spitting out mutant creatures. The President sighed.
“Anything new, Stone?” he said wearily.
“Yes, sir.” He said as he pulled out a folder, “We have new info on the Chicago Nightmare.” He pulled out three pictures of a blond-haired man on the back of a Harley.
The President pored over the pictures. They had reports of this guy since the 1800s, nobody knew who he was, or what he was. All they knew was that he knew what was going on. He seemed to be in the heat of all the action. But Stone wouldn’t be bringing these pictures up if that’s all that was to be told.
The General continued, “This is in New York, but that’s not important, what is important is this,” he set a small scrap of paper with an address scrawled on it.
“We believe he is here, but until we know, and know what is in there, we will not move.” The President nodded and dismissed Stone. The General walked out of the Oval Office, and once he was out of the White House, pulled out an old prepaid phone.

“The address has been delivered, as promised.” He said quietly into the receiver.
“Of course sir, I will make sure that everything goes as planned.”
Hawkwing
Hawkwing

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top