The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:44 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTwo lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_voting_barTwo lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTwo lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_voting_barTwo lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 Empty Re: Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith)

Post by Blacksmith November 25th 2012, 5:38 pm

It had been painful to Eric to find that his long-lost biological mother cared little for him, even seemed to despise him. It hurt him deeply, despite the fact that he had always vowed to live by himself and for himself alone; that he promised himself he wouldn't need such nonsense as motherly love or even parental affection in general.
In the short few weeks he had been here at Dominus he had come to know his true mother as a cold, professional woman with a sadistic streak in her sexuality and a strong fondness, perhaps even love, for Lilia.
But the thing that truly jabbed at him, the dagger in his heart, was the knowledge that Franklin Salters, a cruel monster of a man whose depravity knew no bounds, cared for him more than she did. He was the cause of all of Lilia's pain, the personification of her personal devil in this world, and even to Eric had been a tormentor at times. And yet here he was, watching over him at the sickbed. She wasn't.

Eric listened drowsily to the foul man's ramblings. When Salters moved a few stray strands of hair out of Eric's face, he felt the instinctive urge to move away from it and feel appalled, yet lay this urge to rest. His hands were rough and greasy, his movements rough, but they spoke at least of a modicum of concern for the boy. Even if it was only as a human weapons factory, he saw some value in him, considered him to be worth worrying for. And as much as Eric wanted to hate the man, he wanted to from the depths his heart, for Lilia, he could not. Eric continued to half-listen; it was of little interest to him what Salt was actually saying.
No. Wait.

Lilia? Dead?

Eric sprung to attention, his eyes opening wider, his heart suddenly skipping a beat. As Salters gave the details, Eric listened attentively. He soon began to relax again, displaying only an ambiguous calm smile on his face.
When Salt moved to leave, Eric spoke up weakly.

"I'd rather.....I don't want....vacation. I just want to get to work again...as soon as possible." He managed to utter, still breathing rather heavily. He needed to get back to his work. Back to the forge. Back to doing what he was meant to do. He knew now what he had to do, and how to achieve it.

"I want to make....the greatest weapons...the world has ever seen."

Blacksmith

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 Empty Re: Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith)

Post by Chellizard November 25th 2012, 6:51 pm

"It's a good thing you let us handle the trauma, Agent Karma."

"Doctor Snowden. Doctor Skyler Snowden, please." Stress was evident in this voice.

"Well, Doctor Snowden. It was in your best interest to let us handle her wounds. I'm proud to say she's alive... and stable."

"Well, I'm going to require the proper equipment set up in my home. I need it all. And she needs to be air lifted to my residence in Georgia. No way in hell is she staying here after that. She was supposed to only be touched by Eric Atman, not three other men.." She was trying her best to keep her voice from cracking. Tears were streaming her face, and she was having a hard time keeping her hands from fiddling with her dog tags.

"I don't think that's a good-"

"No!" she barked back, grabbing the doctor by the front of his coat. "I'll be damned if she stays here one more SECOND!" she barked. The doctor whimpered and shrunk back against the wall, his feet barely touching the floor. Unbeknownst to Skyler, Salt was lurking just down the hall, listening to their conversation.

-
Everything was prepared, and the helicopter was ready to airlift Lilia. She was being transported right now. Skyler, though, took hold of the broken pocket watch and hesitated outside of Eric's room. Salt had left five minutes beforehand, and gave Skyler a look that seemed sincere. She ignored it, though. Her hand reached, fingers trembling when she opened the door. Eric lay in bed, passed out and drugged to keep his body from feeling pain. She stepped to his bed side, keeping her presence as unknown as possible. She smelled like blood; his blood, and Lilia's. She also smelled like worry, fear, and stress. She sighed and shook her head and gently laid the pocket watch on the table tray next to Eric's bed.

"You can't hear me.. but I do love you. I think I know why you hate me, too.. But, not a day goes by that I don't think about you at least once.. I'm sorry I wasn't in your life from the beginning, but I gave you your best shot. I'm sorry.. I could've done something about it, but I didn't. I was selfish for thinking you would grow up fine without a mother's love. I know I grew up okay, but only because my foster mom was there for me.. I looked into the Atman family; they may be shiny and happy on the outside, but on the inside they're cold, and all about the money.. I wish I could go back and change things... For now, though? Good bye, Eric.. May you find peace and love.." As she spoke, a few tears passed over her eyes and she sighed. She pulled out the broken ballerina sculpture and left it as well. Maybe Eric would like it.

"Karma," came a rushed voice. "The helicopter is waiting.." Skyler hesitated, but then nodded and stepped away from Eric's bed and to the hallway. "Do me a favor.. I know you have a kid of your own, but could you keep an eye on him, Kat?" she asked, giving a broken smile. Katherine nodded and then saluted and walked Skyler to the helicopter. Skyler stepped up the shallow steps into the helicopter, and sat next to the bed ridden Lilia Ivanov. She sighed, tears flushing down her face while her hands gently cradled Lilia's. "We'll be home soon, and you'll be safe, baby. I promise." She sobbed, but it was muffled by the helicopter's massive propellers whirring to lift them off of the pad.

They were on their way home.

Lilia would be safe.

For now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Two lost souls (closed to Blacksmith) - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top