The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
ghost
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_vote_lcapA Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_voting_barA Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_vote_lcapA Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_voting_barA Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) Empty A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry)

Post by Guest June 17th 2012, 3:36 pm

Equatorial Guinea was widely regarded to be possibly the most corrupt or tyrannical country on the African continent, a deed that was effectively like being considered the guy who can create the most noticeable smell in the shithouse. It had been ruled by the dictator Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo since 1979, nearly five decades, making him the longest reigning head of state who was not a monarch, a position he maintained through torture, propaganda, assassinations and imprisonments. The Spanish speaking African country (a minority on the continent) was difficult to get into at the best of times, but Seth Khan was given leeway on most things. Rich people would wave aside some things, and Khan was officially here to help set up a Red Cross in Equatorial Guinea.

He would do that, of course. The country could use an organisation like the Red Cross. And this would be a boost to Khan's heroic reputation, which was always useful. Of course he genuinely cared for the African people here, but one had to consider other factors- in this case the other factors would help him. And a reputation boost? Always a useful resource, so why not?

But there was another reason for his presence here. Vishnu’s Gauntlet, as it were called, a magical weapon that would grant the wielder significant magical powers, was supposed to be located in this country, according to some of his sources. And oh Lord, he had so many sources. Sometimes he had to ignore some, accept others, and so on. But this one was true. He knew it. The only issue was that he had to deal with the government of Equatorial Guinea…he needed a way to handle the highly militarized leadership without causing problems for himself in the long run.

He stood outside a Red Cross tent where they were providing just general food to the native Africans. Poor as hell, this country…Hmm…
“I know you’re there.” He said out loud, sensing an electrical source near him. Most people here did not have electricity or electric devices, so this person would stand out to his electrokinetic senses easily. “You may as well show who you are then.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) Empty Re: A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry)

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 18th 2012, 12:14 am

” This place is sadder than I had originally anticipated.” Anu murmered to herself as she walked barefoot through hot sand,though her body mostly ignored it as a minor pain. People starved and some were even without a home,this was the place for the goddess to make her grand appearance. Where she would be appreciated atleast.. Removing a single seed from a large leather pouch at her side,Anu let it fall into the soil;germination taking place as the seed rapidly matured. Before long a large tree had formed from the small seed with branches pratically bending over with the red apples that were growing on its limbs.

”Easy.” She muttered before walking onward in a slow and thoughtful pace. The people would enjoy the small gift or hopefully they would. A few had already seen her miracale and would hopefully spread the power the goddess possesed. ”Wish Jeremiah would take more of an interest in the humanitarian side of the job. Its not all about fighting,thats what i'm trying to stop.” She let a sharp sign escape her lips. Things were never as easy as she wanted them to be really,that was a sad truth.

One may wonder how she managed to even enter the country but the answer is simple. Human minds can so easily be swayed when exposed to powerful chemical weapondry. ”So the Red Cross is here too?” She couldn't have the government trying to out do her in charity work could she? Though she couldn't really do anything about them really,since attacking a government agency owned tent would not bode well. Though before she could think of a subtle way to deal with this, a voice caught her attention.

”You knew I was here? You're a very perceptive man.” Anu coming into his line of sight. ”So what brings such a distinguished looking individual like you to a hellhole like this?”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry) Empty Re: A Scavenger Hunt of sorts (Anu and Henry)

Post by Guest June 19th 2012, 4:46 pm

Nightkill glanced at the tree behind him, a tree that had not been there five minutes ago. It was a tall and magnificent tree, which was always good. Fruit grew proudly off it, and Nightkill bet that many of the native Africans would absolutely love this food. He turned now to the woman who had wanted to know how he had known she was there, and why on Earth he was in this oppressive hell. "I am merely assisting the local Red Cross in their efforts and using my significant wealth for good use." he said mildly. "And just who are you? You are not Red Cross, that much is certain, and you are definitely foreign. For one, you're white. For second, you're using English, not Spanish, though I have no doubt you're likely to know Castillian. Third, you're speaking English with an American accent." Nightkill said, using his standard educated New Yorker accent.

He glanced again at the tree. "And I will bet a lot of money that you have something to do with that tree, eh? A plant manipulator then, a superheroine or some such?" he asked casually as if this were normal everyday conversation. "And now, to my other question after you have answered my first inquiry as to who you yourself are- why are you in this miserable country and what are your goals here?"

He already had guessed this woman was a superheroine of some sort- no other reason for this barefoot white woman to be walking through the African landscape. But what was her intention or purpose here?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 22nd 2012, 7:43 pm

"Can't believe those few things gave it away." Anu muttered with psuedo surprise;as she pressed a finger to her chin. Though her assumtions about him were correct, and he seemed to be quite the intellectual. A rare quality in this day and age,when people didn't value intelligence as they should,but when did humanity ever vaule the intellectual elite? They never did,and thats why they wouuld never progress really but her ideas were beyond simple progression. She could bring humans what they had dreamed of for so long. The chance to become the superheroes they idolized and live a life that never ended in a world that was a paradise. With her to reign fo the goddess of this new world of course,but it wasn't like she would expect them to mind;when they were under the control of her spores at any rate.

"Yes,I had everything to do with that tree. If no one would feed these people properly,I though it my right to do so." She answered crossing thin arms over her chest as her eyes wondered to the small amount of people who were already enjoying the fruits. Anu obtaining some sort of satisfaction out of the fact that they were enjoying her handiwork.

"Calling me a superheroine is stretching it though. I may be out to help these people,but I am not what one would call heroic." Anu said in response to him calling her a superheroine,something she didn't consider herself. She was far more than your average hero;something that transcended the bounds of average heroics.

"My reason for being here is simple. What better place to start my reign than a country such as this,it seems fitting really."
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 27th 2012, 1:02 am

Nightkill raised an eyebrow. Did she honestly think his conclusions were surprising at all? She was a white English speaking woman walking barefoot in one of the worst countries in Africa, which would make anyone stand out. Then she confessed that she created that tree, or made it grow out of the ground at any rate, and then his eyebrows went up further when she started she would "start her reign here."

"An enterprising monarch or goddess, have we?" he asked with a chuckle. "I'll note that humans have had trouble with gods and kings, and I have met and talked with some of both. Most don't have much power anymore, except in their heads. What will make you different?" he asked calmly, crossing his arms while tilting his head in an inquiring manner.

He unfolded his arms and started walking toward her. "You see, humans can't manage themselves, I agree. They keep destroying and setting themselves back. They need someone to hold them and guide them to glory. But how do you do that? How do you convince water and chaos to mix with oil and law?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds July 1st 2012, 3:55 pm

”Humanity needs not only a hand to guide it but also needs a strong hand. Sometimes human nature cannot simply be undone by honeyed words and good intentions.” She said keeping the air of calmness about her as she let a hand run through her hair and correct a stray strand of hair. ”How does one go about that means you have to ask yourself.” This was the truth,humanity would never willingly band together under one ruler;no matter how earnest their intentions were for the well being of the world. Humanity itself was too selfish to ever hope to obtain peace without being forced into it somehow.

”I have the simple solution. Which is to force humanity into an era of peace,far more effective in my studies.” A single vine curled around her as it seemed to form a seat for her,Anu relaxing on it as she let out a content sigh. ” I'm sure my general is looking for me now but that leaves us a few minutes to speak. So,what are you? I can tell you aren't human,if only for the fact that you refer to them as a separate species.” This was a guess of course but one she was sure to be right about.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 5th 2012, 6:27 pm

Nightkill nodded. "And there we both have an agreement." he told her. "I also hold that firm belief, the belief that humans could become among the greatest beings in the universes-" the term likely would not go unnoticed- "if only they had that firm and strong guiding hand. And that's a hand we haven't yet found, though people have put themselves up as candidates." he chuckled.

"Who am I? I am Nightkill." he said, leaving it simple and frank. Not a boast, just a brief piece of information given out. But that name had a lot of weight behind it, weight that anyone who had spent any time in America or most Western countries would somewhat know, even if they had heard only vague rumours. It was an old name, dating back decades though most people did not know very much about it. "Yes, I am not a human." he said, also leaving that vague.

"I've told you my name. And you would be?" he asked. As a lead up question, he also asked "And what are you doing here in particular, rather than Ghana or even a civilised country like Singapore?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top