The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Nova Star I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Nova Star

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nova Star Empty Nova Star

Post by Markj1998 November 6th 2011, 1:53 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Nova Star
Title: Blaze, Super Nova.
Alignment: Hero
Race: White, American.
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5 foot 7 inches
Weight: 150 lbs

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: She Isn't exactly shy but enjoys having a laugh. She is totally comfortable around others and is able to control her powers. She is the writing type of artsy person as she works as a journalist for a local newspaper in Manhattan. She is a lovable type and has a boyfriend, Ashley (Ashley Rio, A.K.A: The white light Eagle) she knows of his powers and that is one reason she enjoys being with him she can act totally normal without fear of ridicule.

History:
When she was born she was rushed into intensive care due to her being incredibly hot she mysteriously recovered quickly and was able to go home but she kept her powers a secret as she grew up she grew increasingly heated and grew up quite fast in her parents eye's.

At the age of 3 she went outside in the winter and happily rolled about in the snow yet every time she did the snow around her melted and she became increasingly knowledgeable about her powers.

At the age of 12 she was on her way home from the local high school she went to when she saw a man rush past and three more close behind she just shrugged and thought not my problem. Two days later she turned on the news it was a weekend and it turned out the man that ran past was killed by the three thugs who had gave chase. Her heart sunk as she realized that she could have stopped it and that she could have saved the poor guys life. She lived her life scared that someone she loves will soon be taken down and killed so she always went about protecting anyone from now on be it an unknown person or a friend or member of family.

At the age of 13 she went to school to find a new boy joined her class the new boys name was Ashley she went about noticing he was quite reclusive but had heard odd rumors going round about him and as she wanted to be a journalist she had to find out the truth so at a lunch time she approached Ashley at the back of the playground and sat next to him he just looked up at her wondering why someone would want to sit near him let alone speak to him. She tapped his shoulder to try and get his attention but accidentally left a scorch mark on his blazer he turned seeing she had nothing to burn it with and had a gut feeling that she was special. So Ashley explained to her his life and what had happened throughout it, Then Shannon explained hers and realizing they had something in common they became friends, no not just friends best friends.

At the age of 16 she returned home to find a note on the table it was from some gang called The Pride. The Pride also being aware of her powers. It said that they had kidnapped her parents and that she has to turn herself in if she wanted to see them again, It also had DVD next to it as proof they had them. She done the only thing she could and flew to Ashley's house a few blocks away and asked him to help he was surprised and grabbed his gear and suited up preparing for the off. He then offered to carry her but to his surprise she was able to fly and flew off towards the location a warehouse on a cliff edge, Ashley followed aswell. Once they arrived Nova star provided a distraction and whilst they were distracted Ashley flew into the room behind them via the roof and grabbed parents before putting his finger on his lip "shh" he then flew them out of the warehouse to safety before flying back in and taking his Bo staff before slamming it over two of the gang members heads and then when the others rushed at them Nova span round and fired off a quick set of flames each hitting back a member of the Pride, however before they managed to tie them up. The Pride retreated and escaped but the duo were just glad that her parents were safe.

At the age of 18 she started work at a local newspaper only a small one but she was happy to be a journalist but when trouble beckoned she was off as she had retrieved and made her outfit and gear. From then on her story had begun and the end has yet to unfold.

Powers:
Flames she can burn holes through Rhenium diboride at the most and she can also control the flames to make them into almost any shape she wants.
Flight she can fly at high speeds using her flames to propel her through the air.
Speed she can go at low superhuman speeds and go at speeds of 60-80 and is able to dodge bullets.
Quarterstaff she has been trained in quarter staff a Staff fighting type so she can use it to lay a smack down on any troublemakers.
Detainment she can contain flames and stop them by absorbing the heat into her own body.

Power Grid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Power Grid colours: Red and Orange

Character Image/Description:
Spoiler:

(rhenium diboride = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Markj1998 on November 20th 2011, 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Two heroes created for justice -
The White Light Eagle
Nova Star
Markj1998
Markj1998

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Nova Star Empty Re: Nova Star

Post by Illya November 6th 2011, 6:13 pm

With lvl 4 EP, you cannot generate flames, merely control pre-existing ones. With 5 SPD, you can't move as fast as you claim, you can't do that with any of the levels of SPD. If I were to take things into account, I doubt that your flames would be able to go through rhenium diboride with the level of EP you have. And with 3 FS, your staff fighting skills would be alright, but nothing like a master or anything like that.
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 259
Humor : I am smiling
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Markj1998 November 7th 2011, 11:22 am

There edited it so i toned it down a bit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The White Light Eagle
Nova Star
Markj1998
Markj1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper November 7th 2011, 11:30 am

To properly dodge bullets, you require higher FS along with SPD in order to dodge bullets properly. Otherwise it is just luck. And you can only stop flames that are equal to your DUR or lower, so in your case there are only 3 EP flames, which are normal flames like those from a flamethrower
Copper
Copper

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Markj1998 November 7th 2011, 11:38 am

i have 5 EP and ok with the bullet dodges she can melt them instead due to her high or strongish EP.

The White Light Eagle
Nova Star
Markj1998
Markj1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain November 29th 2011, 12:39 pm

Powers seem fine. I'll approve and make the grid.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Markj1998 November 30th 2011, 3:52 am

if she's approved... WHY'S SHE IN THE TRASH BIN?!

The White Light Eagle
Nova Star
Markj1998
Markj1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie November 30th 2011, 3:56 am

Settle down. It was probably an accident.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down