The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Elaine Sells Out I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Elaine Sells Out I_vote_lcapElaine Sells Out I_voting_barElaine Sells Out I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Elaine Sells Out I_vote_lcapElaine Sells Out I_voting_barElaine Sells Out I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Elaine Sells Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elaine Sells Out Empty Elaine Sells Out

Post by Danger August 2nd 2011, 7:08 pm

"Just say your lines into the camera..." Elaine twirled a can of beans around her hand. "...and then you say the line." Her head twisted to the side while a man in his early thirties explained the commercial to her. Reflections from the Director's glasses showed Elaine what her image looked like. "So, if we can just..."

"I want to use my new superhero name..." Interjected Elaine. "La Chica Loca de Demonio."

"Why..." Lights illuminated the sound stage casting the director in shadow. "...Would you want to go by that?"

"Its Korean for Adorable Cuddle Monster." Interjected Elaine, angrily.

"No. It isn't." Surprise overcame the confused man. "It means..."

"Cut!" Elaine yelled, pulling out her pistol and firing into the air. Shards of glass rained; the reflection of fiery sparks present in their sand stained faces.

"Guns!" Elaine's grandmother and manager walked out. "You give now!" Reluctantly Elaine handed over her guns to her round elderly mentor. The crevices and breaks in her skin hid the light of the stage within the her deep brown canyons; over the floral dress hung a large, brown bag that gave off a distinct smell of mint and muscle ointment.

"Okay, just roll." No longer just annoyed, but now fearing for his life, the director sat down with his hands on his head. "Quiet on set..."

"Howdy ya'll..." Elaine pressed her thumb against the belt loop of her jeans and cocked her torso back. "When I'm not fighting crime I'm getting paid by these folks to sell you this." Elaine held the can out while smiling.

"Cut..." The director shouted, ushering a movement around the stage.

"That's my line!" Elaine yelled. The guns pressed upon her nerves like the longing of a phantom limb.

"You read from the cards. Those are your lines!" White cards held hand written messages from a team of tech writers hired to sell a product.

"I read them." A low whine pitched from Elaine. "I read them twice; that guy saw me." Elaine pointed to a man she enlisted as an accomplice.

"Mrs. Angara, can you talk to your..." The director turned his back to survey where the elderly woman a few moments ago stood. "Where did she go?"

"She said she needed to play Loteria." A young intern with a headset around her blonde haired head spoke in an uncertain term. Lights bounced off of the her oily forehead distracting from the large framed glasses that covered her brown eyes. Shadows from the key lighting draped her press badge accessorized t-shirt, keeping her away from the bussle of the ensuing commotion that would come from her revelation.

"What?!" The director and Elaine spoke in unison. Almost collapsing in grief the director fell to his chair, catching his face with his hand. Elaine unleashed a childish groan that normally encompassed problems she faced.

"Can we please just read whats there?" A plea came from the director, as Elaine tossed the can in her hand.

"Howdy ya'll. When I'm not fighting crime I'm eating..." She turned the can so she could read it. "Beans? Fuck that."

"Cut."

"Howdy ya'll. You should eat bean, unless you're a bitch."

"You can't say that in a commercial!" The director pointed out to Elaine.

"You can't say that because you're a cu..."

"Cut!"

"Beans are for hippies to make tofu and do gay sex. I don't want to sell this; I want to sell beer and meat." The can that Elaine held fell to the ground. A cylinder rolled down the stage and over to the crew.

"Can we get her that? The demographics would favor it." Behind the lights the shadows hid the young intern from Elaine's sight. Begrudgingly, the director accepted the change.

"Fine..." He shook his head. "...Get her a beer."

"Hi everybody..." Elaine's body swiveled back and forth. "...I'm drunk and you should be too."

"I don't know what happened..." The intern explained. "She's only had two beers."

"Cut!"

Elaine held onto one of her pigtails under the bright lights and began to cry. "I threw up in my hair."

"Cut!"

Passed out along the sound stage, surrounded by several empty beer cans, Elaine rested her tired but empty little head. "Aw, she's sleeping like an insane little angel." The clip board holding intern looked upon Elaine.

"Cut!"

"Granddaughter done?" Wearing her floral dress and holding a handful of winning cards, Grandma Angara walked into the sound stage.

"No. She passed out before we could..." Scratching the confusion atop his head comforted the director. "...finish one commercial."

"I have things to do." A long scream of Ilonggo awoke the sleeping superhero. Within a few shakes of her head, Elaine came back to the feint level of consciousness that Elaine maintained at all times.

"This is raw meat. You can cook it if you want, but then you would just be a..."

"Stop filming. That's good enough, just stop filming and we'll go with that."

Weeks later the Surgeon General issued a statement that contrary to the popular belief perpetrated by certain member of the superhero community, meat should be cooked before eating. And more importantly, 27 countries deem it a crime to use Elaine Angara as a spokesperson for anything.

Last edited by Elaine on August 15th 2011, 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Elaine Sells Out Empty Re: Elaine Sells Out