The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Captain Brigade
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:37 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jack Hawthorne
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:12 pm by Sage

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by Sage

» Pleasant Point
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Alexander Smith I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

Top posting users this week
Sage
Alexander Smith I_vote_lcapAlexander Smith I_voting_barAlexander Smith I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
Alexander Smith I_vote_lcapAlexander Smith I_voting_barAlexander Smith I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Alexander Smith

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alexander Smith Empty Alexander Smith

Post by dokokodo May 23rd 2011, 11:29 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Gold Star
Title: The Golden light, Solar defender, the human night light
Alignment: Renagade trying to find his way in the world.
Race:human
Hair: neatly trimmed dirty blond hair
Eyes: golden eyes that glow
Height: 5'10
Weight:145
Complexion: perfect golden skin
features: softly chiseled features

Costume Description/Image: a gold skin tight suit covering his body and face, with a black sun on the chest, also black gloves and boots, also a black cape.

Personality: Alexander is friendly when he has to be, putting on a fake smile, with false emotions. Using this as a coping mechanism, he finds it easier to lie, then tell the truth. Despite this if he is able, he tends to keep to him self, somtimes dozing off into his imagination and wondering what his life would be like if it weren't for the incident.

History: Alexander Smith, the boy genious or at least he used to be. Alexander born in Washington, DC and his parents knew he was gifted as soon as he was born, quiet with black hair, and sharp gray, intelligent eyes. Alexander spent his toddeler years since the age of 3 reading and math books and theroys, instead of playing with other children. At the age of 6 he was a smart as a 7th grader, and flew through elementry school. He started 8th grade at the age of nine keeping to him self and avoiding the older kids altough on occasion tutering. Finishing 12th grade at the age 11 word spread of a genious boy, through out the scientific community, and he was given many scholar ships, collages jumping to have him in thier halls. Out of much thought and consalting with his parents he choose to be at a community collage to stay near his family but when a scholar ship from harvard arives he jumps at the opprotunity, moving with his parents to Cambridge, Massachusetts to go to harvard at the age of thirteen. Graduating at 17 he became a well known member of the scientific community, expanding laws of science, helping to cure diseases, and creating weaponry for the millitary. At the age of 21 he set to work in a experiment to seperate the colors of light and make them solid and manipulate light it self, by changing the atoms. It was a huge success until hours of non-stop work took it's toll, passing out Alexander knocked over a bunson burner igniting a canister radiated sludge, waste product of the failed experiments, the radiated explosion that then took place, should have killed Alexander but miracously he survived. His body taking in the radiation, and transforming his milecular structure, also putting him into a nine year acoma during which his body continued to change rapidly as his hair changed from black to blond, and his eyes gray to gold, and his pale skin to a perfectly golden tan. As the radiation changed his cells and muscels it seeped into his brain wounding the tissue and wiping much of his memory. Awaking nine years later with amnesia after having been in acoma he had no idea who he was, or how he got were he was, freaking out in a attempt to leave the hospital, with it's small white walls and steril smelling fumes, he finds out about his powers as he blast golden beams of light through his hands destroying things, in a as he escapes as he blasts a whole in the wall. Living on the streets, slips of his memory slowly came back but nothing to identifie who he used to be except the name Alexander which he took as his own and started calling him self Alex. Living on the street for 4 years he learned to adapt to the crule inviorment.

Powers: Alex is able to manipulate light by shooting it in rays or compounding it into objects as large as a car but is only able to hold somthing bigger like a house, or plane, for a limited time, he is also able to encase him self in light and fly as well.The light he makes is strong and resileiant to heat, and kinitic energy, also it can way to a few grams to 1000 pounds, and as well as being resilient to heat, it is also capablepf generating it. If the situation calls for it he can heal his wounds by absorbing light in a manner similar to photosynthesis.

Power Grid:
STR:2
SPD: 3
END: 3
INT:4
EP:5: manipulation
FS:3

Roleplay Sample: As Alex ran from the bakery the stolen bread still warm aginst his chest, as he held it closely under his shirt. He turned his head to make sure there weren't any persuers, as he stole away into a alley to eat the bread, as the outside turned cold, and he broke into the warm bread inside. As he chewed he looked around the dimmly lit space between the buildings, the high walls blocking the sun, and as his eyes cacth on a rat scurring silently from behind a dumpster, he dosn't notice the three figuers standing at the entrance to the alley, wacthing him with malice and intent. Alex sat contently oblivious to his approaching attackers, as they silently approach him knifes drawn. Looking up from his bread, as he heard the angry mutters of his attackers, but it was already to late for they lunged at him slicing, and lunging with the knifes. As they piled on top of him, Alex let burst with a explosion of light briefly illuminating, the once dark alley, as his attackers bodys were sent flying against the wall, before falling into a huddled pile, of unconscious bodys.

( I hope this is sufficent enough to be approved, if not please tell me why and I'll try to correct it, thank you. )

Last edited by dokokodo on December 27th 2011, 6:13 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : In hopes of fixing the problems)
dokokodo

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Alexander Smith Empty Re: Alexander Smith

Post by Dr Cosmos May 24th 2011, 12:01 am

Very cool character. Light Manipulators are an extreme rarity on this website, it seems. Smile

I've just got a few questions and remarks: Reading at the age of a toddler and doing math problems seems kind of Superish to me. Maybe pace it out a little more, have him graduate colledge at 17 instead? Then you've got plent of years to do a lot. Also, I'm just wondering what the Diseases and World Crises are that he's solved. Anything too big alters the world, so it might be better to tone it down slightly. There's also a small mechanical flaw in your Grid, stating that you have 3 INT now, instead of a high INT that would be needed to pull those things off. What changed?

I'd like to know more about how your powers work. Restrctions will be good to know. Does your light resist heat and sound, or kinetic force? Being EP 5, most things you create will have that durability, but what are you limited to making? Could you make a car or plane?

And the last thing, you've got 5 in SPD, but no real explanation of how he gained those powers.

Other than those easily correctable things, I think you've done very well for your first character here and I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alexander Smith Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 230
Humor : Dark
Registration date : 2011-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by dokokodo May 24th 2011, 12:07 am

Thanks for your input I'll work on it
dokokodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos May 24th 2011, 10:10 pm

Sorry, you must either pick 3 or 5 SPD without a grid change.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alexander Smith Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dokokodo May 24th 2011, 10:12 pm

I was tryin to get to the speed issue you addresed ealier because the speed is mainly for my flying
dokokodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos May 24th 2011, 10:16 pm

Physical changes like that generally need to have a second grid made, Doko, and two points sacrificed for the way the body changes. Get one nailed down and you can use it.

Alexander Smith Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by dokokodo May 24th 2011, 10:18 pm

So all I need is another grid
dokokodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos May 24th 2011, 10:21 pm

Okay. Generally, it's seen as Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk. You'll need 2 EP in your normal grid to change into your Super grid, and some kind of physical transformation has to occur between the two.

Alexander Smith Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain December 27th 2011, 5:03 pm

Moving.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!