The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Beholder of the eyes
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_vote_lcapThe Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_voting_barThe Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_vote_lcapThe Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_voting_barThe Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) Empty The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you)

Post by Dr Everyone May 20th 2011, 11:36 pm

Cyborg Everyone was in a sleep-recharge mode when his Priority Alpha-One Prime instructions went on. Suddenly, his entire mind went blank except for one goal. One task that he could not ignore, work around. He had to obey it, and it took up his entire cyborg-mind concentrating on it. Dr.Everyone was dead. And now he had to do everything in his power to revive him. All of his thought were a single repeated phrase.

"Revive Dr.Flamel. Revive Dr.Flamel. Revive Dr.Flamel."

Dr.Everyone had a plan in case he was ever to die. The Beacon, a device that would activate if he ever died. It was designed to withstand anything, save maybe a nuclear bomb. Now that Dr.Everyone was dead, the Beacon had been activated. In Destroyer's mind, a map of the world opened up, and it began to zoom on the eastern half of the world. Then it zoomed in on Asia. Then on India. And finally, it rested on a big, bleeping red dot, right at the border between India and Pakistan. Instantly, live video streams, pictures, information, anything relevant to the area was streamed to Destroyer via a wireless internet connection. The cyborg was semi-sentient. It could make some of it's own deicisons, especially if it helped it achieve it's goals. It could think for itself sometimes. It used that to choose to look at something recent, published by an online tabloid. Normally, his search filters would have trashed it, but the cyborg chose to look at it. He scanned the whole thing in under a minute and one line stuck out to it.

"Huge explosion outside border city, many dead. Pakistanis suspected."

The He-Cyborg knew Dr.Everyone had to have been caught it that explosion. And he was going to India to go retrieve his master.

But he had to gather up Gluttony, the weird cannibalistic girl Dr.Everyone had "adopted". She was just as durable as he was, as it was.

"GLUTTONY! PRIORITY ALPHA-ONE PRIME IS ENACTED! THE BEACON HAS BEEN ACTIVATED! HURRY QUICKLY!"

Usually a cyborg voice would be in monotone, but Destroyer's Sentient side had chosen a voice to use when it was in charge over the programming. Right now, the programming and sentient side worked in harmony, both striving to achieve one goal.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) Empty Re: The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you)

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 20th 2011, 11:50 pm

Such destruction. What a travesty really. All the scorched buildings,burnt bodies. All the product of her supposed adopted father. Gluttony looked over the destruction. Silver eyes scanning. Hair flowing in a slight breeze. She had recieved the beacon not too long ago. Making it her misson to get there a quick as possible. Not really enthused about this whole thing. Though he took her in. Owed him this much. Looking for the destroyer, or whatever it was called. She wore a simple white strapped shirt. Fitting blue jeans ,and leather sandels. The smeel of burning flesh wafted into her nose. Whatever happened here was a true display of power. Whatever it was. Gluttony only became more curious of it. As she eyed a fried body. Hunger over coming her. As she came upon the body. Devouring it in about two minutes flat. Wiping away the blood. Piling the bones in a neat stack. As she continued on her search for what remained of Dr.Everyone. For an unknown reason altogether.
((OOC:sorry if its short.))
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) Empty Re: The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you)

Post by Guest May 21st 2011, 12:26 am

(Posting order?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie May 21st 2011, 12:41 am

Nina sighed as she was jostled on the overly-cramped train car. This 'soothing' trip to India was a huge mistake, especially since she couldn't speak the language, read the maps ( or any map for that matter ), and hated the heat. It sapped all of her energy from her, and with a final breath of relief from her, the train came to a shuddering, squealing stop.

She gathered up her pack from the floor and quickly exited the car, unmolested due to the sour look she bore on her face. Her hands quickly balled into fists, the leather of her gloves screeching in protest, as she stepped out onto the barren cement platform.

There was nothing.

No people, no buildings aside from an abandoned ticket booth and a ramshackle restroom. Much to her dismay, before she had a chance to even speak to someone who worked on the train, it crept away down the tracks. Now, more than ever, Nina was mad. She fumed for a moment before stepping off the platform and crossing the tracks, walking off toward a blurred shape in the distance.

- - -

Several hours of walking had past, and much to her dismay, she was still as lost as the day she set foot on Indian soil. What she didn't know was that she had been straddling the India-Pakistan border for the period of time she had spent trekking, and suddenly, a wind kicked up and brought a smell to her nose that almost knocked her back.

It stank of burnt earth and death, the stench stinging her eyes and nostrils like a noxious gas. In a feeble attempt to block it, she covered her mouth and nose with her arm, squinting her eyes as tears formed on the lids.

A large ruin swam into view through the haze, revealing scorched dirt, plant matter, and the nearly decimated remains of what she could only assume to be people. Her gut sank and her heart jumped into her throat.

She could fight it no longer; The mighty Valkyrie fell to her knees and vomited on the dead ground.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 188
Job : Student
Humor : Sardonic/Cynical
Registration date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone May 21st 2011, 1:45 am

((After this post of mine, the posting order will be: Me, Valk, Gluttony, Nightkill. Anyone else joins, end of the lineup.))

Gluttony had come along with him, and he had quickly flown to India. When your flying on a bunch of Nova-Bots, the trip is pretty fast. But even from Chicago, the trip took a good five or six hour. All of Dr.Everyone's robots inventions had their most basic and first priority software activated, the Revival Protocol, which was what the name implies. A protocol which will either end in the revival of the doctor, or it will not end at all. When they landed, Gluttony and Destroyer had split up, and if he wasn't busy fulfilling the Revival Protocol, he might have thought about the girl looking for him.

Him. It was weird. Usually Destroyer though of itself as an it, but with the sentient side being in control a little more, he started thinking of himself as a he. Him.

He tore through rubble, scanning every body part for the DNA of Dr.Everyone. Blood, sweat, saliva, anything with DNA. But nothing match. He threw a whole car carelessly into the sky and kept scanning. The death around him meant nothing. Part of it was because he was a robot, and the other part was because of who built him, who his master was. Dr.Everyone wouldn't care, so neither would he. And again, cyborgs aren't too good with emotions. The fifteen nova-bots that had brought them here scanned the ground to, although only scanning what wasn't under rubble, as they weren't strong enough, like Destroyer, to rip up the debris with ease.

In a monotone voice, it stated "The search is futile. No DNA would have survived what happened here."

But in a more human voice, he said "Dr.Everyone was flame retardant. His DNA will be too. We'll find it. Otherwise we'll keep searching long after the universe has ended."

"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The Beacon Calls (Closed, unless I invited you) DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2011, 1:29 pm

When you were standing in the wake of devastation
when you were waiting on the edge of the unknown
with the cataclysm raining down, insides crying save me now
you were there and possibly alone.

Nightkill walked along the border aimlessly. He wasn't fully sure why he was here. Perhaps it was to inspect what he had done. He had been horrified at Amritsar, an event that solidified his view that humans required a powerful and intelligent leader, or they would never progress. Or they would progress, and destroy themselves and the solar system with them. Many deals had been done. The business meeting with Clement and Lindon had gone swimmingly, and it was possible in the next few years that faster-than-light travel would be set up. Humans were on their way.

The Pakistan invasion was on-going. The original army had been slaughtered and sent back, but they had nearl reached New Delhi. The Indian troops were just caught by surprise. This was a relatively safe part of the border; near everywhere else there was massive fighting.

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation
you build up hope, but failure's all you've known
remember all the sadness and frustration
and let it go, let it go.

Then he saw a giant explosion and ran toward it.

And in the burst of light that blinded every angel
as if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
you felt the gravity of temper grace falling into empty space
no one there to catch you in their arms

Then he sniffed. It was a truly horrible smell, a smell of death, of flames, of burnt earth. He saw what Valkyrie had, the ruins of plants, buildings, and humans. His hands shook briefly in anger. This was what he had meant. Humanity could not take care of themselves. Why did they not understand Nightkill was their friend, their helper, their savior from themselves? Sure, there were some like John who did, but humans were independent and headstrong, not understanding this would be their downfall.

He saw a girl, laying unconscious. He jogged over to her, and shook her awake. "Are you alright?" he asked in a calm, soothing voice. When she awoke, she'd see an Indian man, possibly in his mid or late thirties wearing an expensive business suit.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 21st 2011, 1:33 pm

The search for her went on about a few more hours. Still looking for a single scrap of his DNA. Hopefully just a tiny scrap. Though from this chaos it seemed forlorn. Just another dead man. Well not hopefully anyway. Where the hell would she stay without the Doctor. Sadly she wasn't the brightest in the world. Couldn't hold a job due to how she looked. Had to rely on someone. Well about 3 hours into searching she steeped on a twisted lump of metal. It was scorched for sure. Had a familarity to it. With intensity she examined it. Curious of why it was out here. When her eyes spotted something. It seemed like a small patch of.... scorched flesh? Could it be Dr.Everyone's? Could be worth a try. She placed it into her pants pocket. Smiling that she had got it before the robot. Hopefully anyway. Well then something caught her gaze. A woman vomiting. It made Gluttony curious. Sh walked over to her. The 3'11 eight year old looking girl going to the older looking woman. "Whats wrong? You seem lost." She said in a sweet innocent tone. Flashing her pretty silver eyes.

Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrie May 22nd 2011, 10:46 pm

[[ Hokai, lets get this on track. After this post, it's Gluttony, Nightkill, then jbronze. ]]

A soft groan exited the sick young woman, still arching over the ground as her body threatened to heave again. Her mouth was tainted sour, and she grimaced, spitting out the bitter saliva before letting out a few heaving breaths that left her lungs aching. She barely heard it, but footsteps approached. Little ones, at that.

Nina wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, looking up at the strange child with hazy eyes. ''Gwuh...?'' she said, falling back on her rear and leaning on her hands. The stench still burned her eyes and nose, causing her to tear up slightly. ''Uh, yeah...'' she muttered, ''I'm lost.'' Her mind processed the fact that it was indeed a little girl that had approached her, no more than 10 years old.

''What are you doing out here?'' she chided, squinting uncomfortably in the heavy air. ''Where are your parents?'' Voice firm yet gentle, she looked at the girl in the way only a childless woman can. Her maternal instincts kicked into high gear, and instantly she had a soft spot for this ethereal young girl.

Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 188
Job : Student
Humor : Sardonic/Cynical
Registration date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 27th 2011, 1:02 pm

(Bump.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone May 28th 2011, 3:38 pm

((Sorry, my internet is out. I'll post as soon as I can. Sorry.))

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone June 7th 2011, 1:06 pm

((I've decided to post whenever I can, as this may be awhile.))

Destroyer looks at the live streaming video in his mind. Nightkill, Gluttony, and another woman were all gathered. Nightkill and the woman seemed a bit interested in Gluttony, but obviously didn't know what she was. The only reason Destroyer was able to see this all, was because he had hidden cameras on all the nova bots, and the girl. He had to make sure that absolutely nothing was missed. The main reason he had hidden the cameras on all those searching was because he wanted to scan the streams himself, looking for anything that the searchers might miss. A little part of it was to keep an eye on Gluttony. But now Gluttony, although very capable of saving herself, was in the hands of a villain who disliked the Doctor, and a woman that wouldn't let Gluttony run off. Worse yet, she had what was possibly Dr.Everyone's flesh, and the Doctor's DNA.

Simultaneously all of his tentacle like extensions popped out and rotated Destroyer until he was facing the direction Gluttony was. Then, he took off. Running as fast as he could on eight legs, jumping or crashing through everything in his way, he reached Gluttony in only a minute.

Replying to the comment of the woman, Destroyer retracted his tentacles, pulled gluttony in front of him, both hands on her shoulders, and said in a slightly monotone voice:

"I am her...caretaker as of present. She is like a daughter of sorts. We must be going......"

After he finished talking he whispered to Gluttony "Give me the tissue sample, so I can test it."

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top