The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The Debut I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
The Debut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The Debut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Debut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Debut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Debut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Debut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
The Debut I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Debut I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Debut I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
Arcana
The Debut I_vote_lcapThe Debut I_voting_barThe Debut I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Cobalt
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Debut

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Debut Empty The Debut

Post by KING B0SS July 29th 2010, 4:16 am

It already been a few days since Jack had made his debut to the world. It didn't take long for people with cell phones to catch a glimpse of him in action. The media swarmed all over it. It wasn't long before they dubbed him "Superman." The cell phone videos people had sent in gave a good clear of the S on his shirt. People had questions. "Who is he? Where did he come from? Is he friend or foe?" All they really needed to that was Jack meant no harm. From what Jack was seeing on TV lately, people liked him. The government on the other hand didn't. They thought of Jack as a national security risk.

Nine Days Earlier...

Jack was flying high above New York City. From that high up most people would just think he was a bird or a plane. He didn't need to be close to the ground to see any action. His enhanced sight and hearing took care of it all for him. It was looking like a quiet day. Jack was wondering how he could make a grand debut if there was nothing happening. Jack paused his movements and floated in an Indian position. He rested his elbow on his lap while leaning his head against his fist. In his moment of pause, Jack began to talk to himself.

"Man this getting boring. I thought crime was a constant thing in this city. How am I supposed to save a damsel in distress if no one is in distress? Maybe this was a bad idea. Guess I could always..."

Before Jack could finish his line of thought he began to hear a scream and the screeching of tires. He looked back down towards the city. A little girl had run into the middle of a street. Her mother began to run after her and quickly pick her up. There wouldn't be enough time for her to get back to the sidewalk. There was large truck coming in fast.

"Show time."

Jack launched himself towards the city. The world around him began to slow down. The driver of the truck was just barely slamming on his brakes. The poor woman covered herself over her child in a desperate attempt to use herself as a shield. She closed her eyes expecting to see the end. 5 seconds had gone by. The woman and her child were still alive. She looked over to where the truck was coming. It seemed like the whole street had gone quiet. Everyone was still there though. The woman along with every other bystander was in shock. The truck that would of killed those two was lifted up above Jack's head.

"I... I don't believe it..."

"Well I can pinch you if you'd like or maybe you can pinch me. Actually first why don't you get back to the sidewalk. Then we can pinch each other."

Dozens of people were pulling out their cell phones to catch videos and pictures of what transpired. Jack slowly set the truck back down and looked towards the shock crowd. One of them caught a glimpse of the S on his t-shirt and muttered softly "Su... Superman...?" Soon the whole crowd began to mutter it before shouting in cheers. Jack smiled at some of the cameras and threw up some peace signs before flying off and leaving the scene.

Present time...

Jack stood atop the Statue of Liberty's head. Looking on towards the wonderful view. The sky looked really blue from where he was at. The breeze from the water made the scene even more relaxing for him. There was no trouble at the moment.

"Well Mom I hope you're watching. I hope I can do the world right."
KING B0SS
KING B0SS

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 76
Humor : Offensive
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Back to top Go down

The Debut Empty Re: The Debut

Post by The_soapmaker July 29th 2010, 5:36 am

And then, a man appeared next to Jack. From thin air. There was just a little flash and there he was, smoking his cigar. Black t-shirt, black pants, black army boots. Long hair and a beard. He was like the song 'Timebomb' by the hardcore-punk band Rancid. He took a drag from the cigar, blew out a cloud of smoke as he stared at the same wonderful view as Jack did. "...Wow...," his heavy voice, grizzled by eons of sigaret smoke and hard liquor, rumbled, "This sure is a beautifull view."
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo July 29th 2010, 12:32 pm

((umm can i just point out that it looks like you spelled cigarette wrong? sorry... i blame keres for my OCD tendencies. Also: can i join??))

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Debut Breathesigfinished

ECHO'S SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QvpO4ttqY&feature=related
Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 389
Job : Farm hand
Humor : Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon...
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 29th 2010, 12:52 pm

(Generally in this site, we just leap in. But I'll ask too. Can I join?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by KING B0SS July 29th 2010, 1:58 pm

The_soapmaker wrote:And then, a man appeared next to Jack. From thin air. There was just a little flash and there he was, smoking his cigar. Black t-shirt, black pants, black army boots. Long hair and a beard. He was like the song 'Timebomb' by the hardcore-punk band Rancid. He took a drag from the cigar, blew out a cloud of smoke as he stared at the same wonderful view as Jack did. "...Wow...," his heavy voice, grizzled by eons of sigaret smoke and hard liquor, rumbled, "This sure is a beautifull view."

Jack looked over to his. A man just appeared out of nowhere. Was there some kind of hidden staircase he missed. That couldn't of been it. He would of heard their footsteps on the way up. His super hearing enabled him to pick up on even the smallest of sounds. If he focused hard enough, then Jack could hear a heartbeat from miles away. It didn't really matter in the end where he came from. The stranger obviously meant no harm. If he did then Jack was sure that he would of attacked when his guard was down. Jack thought it be okay then to relax.

"Just so you know, I don't make it a habit to watch beautiful views with other dudes."

Smart ass remarks. It was just Jack's way of breaking the ice.

Riley wrote:((umm can i just point out that it looks like you spelled cigarette wrong? sorry... i blame keres for my OCD tendencies. Also: can i join??))

OOC: You can join. No need to ask.

Nightkill wrote:(Generally in this site, we just leap in. But I'll ask too. Can I join?)

OOC: Yeah you can join too. Lets just do our best to take turns with out posts so we don't end up bumping heads.
KING B0SS
KING B0SS

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker July 29th 2010, 3:56 pm

"Hey, I'm not the one wearing near-spandex here, son." The bearded man said as he pointed his havana (positioned between his index and his middle finger) at Jack. He took a drag and blew out the smoke through his nose. "I was send here by the security guard. I know him personally and owed his a favor. The man was worried you might, y'know, jump. But you don't look very suicidal to me." The man paused, looked to the sky and looked back at Jack, putting out his hand for a handshake. He roared in probably one of his more friendly roars: "The name's Karma."

Riley wrote:((umm can i just point out that it looks like you spelled cigarette wrong? sorry... i blame keres for my OCD tendencies. Also: can i join??))
((I will learn from this fatal mistake, mademoiselle.)) ((Grammar NaziRazz))
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KING B0SS July 29th 2010, 4:50 pm

"Near spandex? I didn't know jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket counted as spandex."

Jack looked himself over. Sure his T-shirt was a little tight on him, but it was still made of cotton. Jack would never be caught dead wearing spandex. In his opinion it looked very 'homo erotic.'

"Jump? Nope. Fly off? Yes."

Jack looked down the from the statue to see the security guard and several other people looking up. Seemed like they were waiting for Jack to jump. He thought it wouldn't hurt to start a little prank. In a sarcastic and goofy manner he began to walk towards the ledge.

"Oh no I'm losing my balance! I'll fall to my death! Oh the humanity!"

Jack jumped from the top of the statue towards the bottom. People began to scream as Jack plunged to the ground. Before he hit the ground his movements stopped. He began floating. The crowd looked dumbstruck while Jack just smiled.

"Just kidding."

Jack flew back to the top where the stranger was at.

"Told you I'm not suicidal."

Jack shook Karma's hand for the friendly greeting.

"Karma huh? Strange name. People around here call me John Doe. The media was calling me Superman for a short time because of my t-shirt, but from what I heard they had to stop because of some legal action with copyrights and all. I don't have the details. John is fine though."
KING B0SS
KING B0SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo July 29th 2010, 6:05 pm

"Wow. You two are really having a good time up here. Mind if I join the party?" Ragnarok smiled, stepping out of the shadow he had hidden in. Lady liberty was , however pretty, extremely easy to sneak about in. "By the by, I'm Ragnarok, my mom named me that, a whole revenge thing against my dad. Don't ask- it's a long story." at this He rolled his eyes. "I just thought that while you two were getting cozy and doing introductions i might join in myself."

Ragnarok gave them a charming smile, he was in his female form, which was built better for sneaking, though it was rather unmanageable in some areas. Mostly, Ragnarok just didn't like to be looked at, his ears were somewhat noticeable and he hated wearing hats because of them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Debut Breathesigfinished

ECHO'S SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QvpO4ttqY&feature=related
Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 389
Job : Farm hand
Humor : Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon...
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top