The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jager
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trigger
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2024, 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_vote_lcapSelena Amethyst Phoenix I_voting_barSelena Amethyst Phoenix I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Selena Amethyst Phoenix I_vote_lcapSelena Amethyst Phoenix I_voting_barSelena Amethyst Phoenix I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Selena Amethyst Phoenix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Selena Amethyst Phoenix Empty Selena Amethyst Phoenix

Post by Sage June 3rd 2023, 11:24 pm

Selena

"Don’t tell my parents I’m here."

The Bio

Hero Name: Celeste
Title: Fucking Wizard
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: Cinnamon brown
Eyes: One green, one purple
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 170lb
Blood type: B

The Looks

Selena Amethyst Phoenix 1414503_EJvPpLQY

The Personality

Whimsical, contemplative, wise, and curious. Those are the things people tend to think of when asked to describe Selena. She has a very inquisitive mind when it comes to anything pertaining to the supernatural or arcane, and demonstrates a shocking amount of intelligence in the subjects. Selena has a lot to brag about regarding magical knowledge, but she rarely ever boasts unless it’s appropriate. She’s polite and formal, clearly raised to be well mannered.

Though, she does seem a bit aimless from time to time.

The Story

Selena comes from a family of wizards that date back for a century. The Phoenixes  Tracing their roots back to industrial pioneering and the funding of private businesses, the Phoenix family thrives off of the private sector by investing in corporate entities in exchange for favors, as well as funding other special interests that suit them. Their actual “positions” are of mystic importance, and range from consultants in the political sphere to magical weapons under Phoenix Arms International. In short, they are wizards with their fingers in big businesses around the world.

Selena, being the latest child in a line of these magicians, was raised with high expectations. She was surrounded by arcane professionals from birth, trained in the ways of magic and publicity, all with the intent on carrying on with business as usual in her own way, be that a corporate shill, a magic contractor, or the CEO of a PHI subsidiary operating out of the family’s pocket space. In her early teen years, Selena was brought along to meet other big names among the private world. Businessmen, PHI’s investors, even some other family heirs her age. Those days were the closest to an actual childhood she got.

One day, Selena started to really think about her future, and began rebelling against her family’s wishes by the time she was 15. She didn’t particularly enjoy being the rich girl who would run a business one day, having seen so many different places and heard so many things. Sure, her family was nice to her, but they always kept her at arm’s length, too professional to be tender. So, after an uncomfortable conversation with her parents, Selena swiped a few things and decided to hit the road for a while. Every now and then she came home to chat with her parents about the things she was doing, and framed it as just “kid things” so they wouldn’t think she was getting into trouble, but she was secretly an amateur hero named Celeste.

The Powers

Mystic
Selena is a magician, her power is derived from her understanding of the supernatural forces that make up the universe. Selena employs certain objects in her practices, but her actual spells are generally separated into two categories, cantrips and rituals. Cantrips are spells that Selena can cast immediately, as soon as she wants to use them. Ritual spells are more powerful, but have different stipulations to consider when used. Some require additional preparation in the form of physical components, multiple posts before their execution, or both. Others may affect the way Selena uses magic. All rituals have longer cooldowns on average.

Cantrips:

Rituals:

The Weaknesses

Where’s That Damn Book?
Selena’s ritual spells require preparation and certain components to perform, but her tome acts like a focus for more powerful magic, which means she needs it on hand to cast her more powerful spells. No book means no rituals.

Unfortunately, the book is also a magical focus, so without it, Selena’s spells are twice as difficult to cast. Meaning the cooldowns become twice as long. The worst part, however, is that it’s a manual for how to cast spells that anyone who speaks English can read, so if someone steals the book, they get to cast her spells just like her, and faster.

Combat Magic? I Hardly Know her!
Selena isn’t trained for combat. While some of her spells allow for great versatility on and off a battlefield, they rarely turn the tide of a fight on their own. Unless a well-placed fireball or pulsewave can solve it, then Selena is better off running.

Squishy
Sure, Selena can heal broken bones and cause torrential downpours in half an hour, but at the end of the day, she bleeds just like everyone else. She has no spells that boost her own survivability, and has no superhuman genetics or otherworldly biology like some magical beings, which puts her in the “glass cannon” category.

Aliven’t Allergy
For reasons known only to whatever force Selena’s magic comes from, it doesn’t work on the dead. Ghosts, vampires, draugr, you name it, they just bounce right off of them. She couldn’t even shove them with an Arcane Pulse or toss them through a Waystrider portal. The only exception to this is the Cage of Twilight.

The Items

Magician’s Tome:

Wizard’s Key:

The Fluff

Selena Amethyst Phoenix ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F018%2F816%2Fits-magic-i-aint-gotta-explain-shit2

The RP Sample

See: Stareater

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
e
Sage
Sage

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 62
Job : Techeun of the Reef
Registration date : 2023-01-25

Back to top Go down

Selena Amethyst Phoenix Empty Re: Selena Amethyst Phoenix

Post by FantasyBound June 17th 2023, 1:08 pm

Approved!
FantasyBound
FantasyBound
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 149
Job : Gofer
Humor : Eh, I just make a lot of comments and see which one kicks.
Registration date : 2018-05-07

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top