The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Ascendant's advancement. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
ghost
Ascendant's advancement. I_vote_lcapAscendant's advancement. I_voting_barAscendant's advancement. I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Ascendant's advancement. I_vote_lcapAscendant's advancement. I_voting_barAscendant's advancement. I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Ascendant's advancement.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ascendant's advancement. Empty Ascendant's advancement.

Post by Dikaios January 17th 2023, 5:37 pm

Dikaios wrote:

Item/Character Advancement Name:  To-be 'Maximum movement/combat/flight speed' at present time.
Item/Character Advancement Description: Can now move/travel past the high hypersonic spectrum of speed (Mach 25 - Mach 100 max) into the next band of speed which is the massively hypersonic spectrum (Mach 100 up to Mach 500. Mach 500 = 370,548.50 miles per hour). To put that into perspective, that is Ascendant at an absolute best effort/maximum end of power, travelling from earth's surface to the surface of the Moon in approximately 23 seconds.

Ascendant was able to achieve this upon his rebirth, having rematerialized in outer space after his temporal death due to the combined destructive force of both his and Erebus’ energy. When Ascendant rematerialized, the experience he had gained from battling a literal 'god' of sorts and having to push himself into his hypersonic speed spectrum regularly during combat and manoeuvres has enabled his body to adapt and become stronger.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): In the material realm, especially in-atmosphere, such a flight speed is realistically only achievable at much higher altitude levels (fifty thousand feet) and beyond into the atmosphere and in outer space for safety reasons. To fly at this speed at say e.g., thirty thousand feet or less would be dangerous given the air-friction that would result from it and increases the risk of ignition. The lower you go at such high speeds, the more air friction and thus the bigger the ignition and resulting trailing detonations thereof.

Item/Character Advancement Name:  To-be 'Blessed Strength' (maximum strength at present time).
Item/Character Advancement Description: Can now lift/move/push/pull/hold the equivalent weight of two city blocks and as a direct result, he can now physically strike with even more concussive force/shockwaves.

This was achieved by thwarting Erebus' city-wide energy of destruction that took form all across the skies over London, by lifting it up with his own hands under duress and lifting it all the way into outer space where it detonated.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): Ascendant now has to be even more careful when handling civilians/ordinary people and every-day things. There is also the real potential for enemies to use his own strength against him by manipulating him into a scenario whereby he ends up causing even more damage than he otherwise wouldn't have.

Item/Character Advancement Name:  To-be 'Blessed Endurance/Durability'.
Item/Character Advancement Description: Now resistant but not immune to thermonuclear/atomic weapons and directed energy weapon equivalents.

Ascendant absorbed some of the combined destructive power of atomic, holy and 'void' energies when his body attempted to resist the explosion he set off in space. Just as he has the ability to absorb energy from celestial and cosmic bodies to power himself and heal himself, so he was able to absorb some of this energy and increase his base energy with it since rematerializing. Nuclear weapons will harm Ascendant, but he will survive a strike from one, albeit still leaving him in a badly damaged state but not killing him. Ascendant would need to retreat to recover if he were to ever get caught in the centre of an explosion of such magnitude. For the avoidance of doubt; Ascendant will not be flying face-first into a nuclear ICBM - he stays clear for obvious reasons.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): N/A.

Item/Character Advancement Name:  To-be 'Celestial Energy Projection & Strikes'.
Item/Character Advancement Description: Can project celestial energy blasts at the high end of his power that have the explosive force of several city blocks.

Duelling a 'god' in its own right, pushed Ascendant's energy projection well past anything he thought he would ever encounter on the earth. Having adapted his base power to greater extent since rematerialising, this means his energy output is also higher.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): Such heavier measures couldn't be used anywhere near a civilian population without risking major loss of civilian life.

Item/Character Advancement Name:  To-be 'Angelic Healing'.
Item/Character Advancement Description: Now able to heal mortals from spiritual & magical curses and physical/psychological injuries/diseases. He can draw poisons and toxins out from a mortal’s body and heal moderate to major wounds.

Ascendant's increase in base power as a result of the nuclear explosion has reflected across all of his abilities meaning he can now utilise more energy to heal a broader spectrum of mortal wounds and conditions whether physically, spiritually or psychologically.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): If a mortal dies (brain activity ceased), he cannot bring them back to life as their soul would have departed. If a mortal is under the control of a more powerful being than Ascendant, then breaking the spiritual/magical curse would be too hard for him and would even cause him an unsustainable pain during any attempt to remove that curse.

Item/Character Advancement Name:  To-be 'Refined Soul Sense'.
Item/Character Advancement Description: When viewing a soul from afar, he can now hear what they are saying & see them in the physical also, so long as he stays focused on that one being. In addition to this he can also view greater physical detail of the being he is looking at from further away up to 5 miles at ground level. This has also increased his level of perception through material and immaterial layers across the plains of existence/nonexistence.

Ascendant's soul sense was broadly used in the battle at London as a type of radar. As a result of flexing this constantly to track and identify spiritual manifestations of varying kinds from the moment he arrived up until the point of his temporal death, Ascendant gained much more real-world experience under extreme duress and has learned to refine this power even further.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): The same principles of distortion apply as before - the further and higher he is away, the more he has to concentrate and fluctuate this ability depending on his own altitude/distance from what he is looking for. Spiritual beings that can move behind the veils of creation into emprty voids that sit behind spiritual layers of existence cannot be tracked by Ascendant.

Item/Character Advancement Price: 55 for all.
Dikaios
Dikaios

Quote : "Fear not and do not be dismayed, I AM with you"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2021-04-11

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum