The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_vote_lcapAlert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_voting_barAlert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_vote_lcapAlert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_voting_barAlert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom Empty Alert! Destruction Across the Old Kingdom

Post by Katrina A. Russel September 21st 2022, 9:26 am

As the threat of the Nightmare Emperor rises in the West, threatening the beacon of greed and neon towering over the desertous South, so too does a threat arise over the sea. Born of darkness and fear, shadows and the ever-corrupting crawl of chaos, the many nations of Europe, long-protected by treatise and organization, thrown into disarray by the rise of evil in their most iconic cities, felling civilian and hero alike. An unstoppable scourge, monsters beyond mortal ken, swarming like locusts over the continent.

At first, he went unnoticed, a small shape on top of the world’s most famous clock tower. Even to those who might know him at first glance - the many heroes he has clashed with in the past for example - would have difficulty recognizing him, even if they were to be close enough. His hair, usually kept cropped and dyed, flowing like jagged iron spikes down his back. Black lines crisscrossed his pale skin, like a vase that was broken once before.They seemed to pulse with some sort of viscousness, like ooze flowing just below his skin. These odd lines covered his entire body, terminating at the ends of his long fingers.

For a moment, Lazarus, newly appointed scion of The Black Beast, let the sounds of the city wash over him; a single moment of time, history balanced on the edge of a knife blade. Power brimmed in him, and with that newfound knowledge. This gift he received accelerated his growth, letting him access powers that were previously hidden from him, catapulting him to levels of power very few of his kind could match. It poured from him in waves like an unstoppered tsunami, every footstep bending the metal of the tower underneath him.

As the creaking grew louder, the people below began to notice as their beloved timepiece began to buckle, but by then it was too late. A single outstretched hand and a snap was the only warning before all hell broke loose. Though it was a rare sunny day, the streets were bathed in screams and a darkness so black, merely glimpsing it made one fear the light. Hundreds of these bubbles appeared, each dozens of yards across, spheres in which chaos and pain were the only constant. Monsters within rend the flesh from bones, horrendous claws and spiked tentacles snapping like snakes to grab screaming passerby.

Buildings fell into this infinite void, cars torn to shreds by the energy. Only living flesh could find purchase on the black surface, but it was their souls they were after; the Iron Pit, brought into this world. Chains and cages, made of rusted metal and stained with decades of blood, appeared as suddenly as the dawn, trapping what few lucky individuals managed to escape the original onslaught. Blood filled the streets of London, burning copper under glare of the sun.

There was no grand declaration, no announcement of intent or destruction. Merely death and blood, thousands of people dead in a single second. As if emboldened by the chaos, vines - yellow with large thorns as black as night- as thick as a tree wrapped around Big Ben, strangling the ancient clocktower; brick and metal alike cracked as the vine split the ground, curling like a beloved pet underneath Lazarus’ arms. It was a challenge to the heroes of the world. The Big Smoke had been blown away, extinguished under the fist of darkness and death.
Katrina A. Russel
Katrina A. Russel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2017-06-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top