The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jager
Embargo I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Embargo I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Embargo I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trigger
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2024, 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Embargo I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Embargo I_vote_lcapEmbargo I_voting_barEmbargo I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Embargo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Embargo Empty Embargo

Post by Demonhunter April 7th 2022, 5:39 pm

It was a quiet night on highway 95, a lone truck with its gas pedal all the way down blares its way down the open road. The driver keeps glancing in the rearview mirror, scanning the road ahead, his fingers white knuckled on the wheel. All he had to do was make it into Vegas, to get into the city and drop off this load as quickly as he could at some bars then get the hell out.

All seemed alright as the city skylight hit the horizon, but just as the sigh of relief escaped his lips a deafening POP echoed from the truck as he struggled to skid to a halt. Screeching on the brakes he rolls onto the shoulder, hands quivering and sweat beading on his brow. The driver locks his door and looks in the rear view mirror to see the night lit with what seemed to be hundreds of reflective eyes and a cacophony of unsettling laughter.

The gnolls had made quick work of the truck's cargo, hauling out pallet after pallet of top shelf liquor. The pack of hyenas worked with such vigor and efficiency, earning a mountain of booze at the side of the road as two began to try to wrench open the door to the truck to get at the driver, who at this point was screaming and searching for his firearm frantically. Meanwhile some of the gnolls in charge of the contraband took the time to pop the top of the bottle off some of the liquor and downing several tons of booze before throwing a lighter on their mountain of booze, letting it all go ablaze, just before it reached the embargoed city.

Isroh’s orders were to stop any trucks suspected of carting in fuel or liquor and dispose of the smuggler. Step one was complete as evidenced by the now blazing pile of bottles, however step two was hindered by a locked truck door. A gnoll retrieves her flail, taking a few wild swings at the door, reveling in the groan of metal as it begins to cave. Two more gnolls leap to the top of the cap, jumping up and down on the roof, watching the metal bend under their concussive weight and another hops on the hood, moving to swing at the windshield with her own flail. It wouldn’t be long before a smuggler joined the booze in fire’s embrace.
Demonhunter
Demonhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2020-05-01

Back to top Go down

Embargo Empty Re: Embargo

Post by ProwlerKnight April 10th 2022, 10:03 pm

As the Gnoll on the hood raised the maul over its head, the drivers fate a mere swing away, there was a bright flash in the dark, as a red beam engulfed the Gnolls head, leaving behind a cauterized neck stump, and smoke.

The creature collapsed, sliding off the hood of the truck, as a second beam hit the two other Gnolls on the roof, going clean through both of them, and leaving a massive hold through their torsos, right where their hearts would be.

“Okay, when the someone told me some huge coyotes had attacked a liquor truck on the highway, the last thing I was thinking was this...” A robotic figure stepped into the light of the bonfire, looking around at the group of Gnolls. “No matter, the games over, time to head back to whatever dungeon you beasts crawled out of.” He raised an arm, aiming the wrist blaster.
ProwlerKnight
ProwlerKnight

Quote : When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move. Your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world:

“No, you move.”

Number of posts : 77
Job : CRMA
Humor : Dark, Goofy, Nerdy, pretty much anything
Registration date : 2022-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt April 11th 2022, 8:17 pm

Someone was stopping booze and oil from getting into the city. Sven had told him earlier tonight, the AI’s voice chirping through headphones pressed into his right ear. Cool room of the  hotel empty now, save for the low hum of the air conditioning. At that time he had been thinking through if he cared about that and if it were worth looking into. Well, there had to be a reason for it beyond simply someone keeping the good stuff from pouring into the city. It sounded like something that his father would do, a play towards goals that were something normal humans couldn’t hope to catch. It was enough to move him into motion, wanting to see what was happening around the city and if it was something to stop.

Lucas wouldn’t be missing him too long. He seemed to be busy with something that was drawing his attention elsewhere, including rumors about their father returning from the dead. If it were possible, it wasn’t something that he wanted to think about. The were other things, far more important things. A thick bound book of alchemical formulae he carried around with him, steadily learning Flamel’s art  as thoroughly as he could.

Despite all these things, tonight he was looking into what was embargoing the city. No government entity was doing it, that would have been across the news but someone was taking it upon himself to do so. Insidious small motions, likely precursors to a larger plan yet he couldn’t figure out what yet.  Maybe this could be the first step, or even his only step. ”Sven, leave a note that I’ll be out for the night,” He spoke into his helmets small receiver, knowing the Ai would hear what he said. Making sure his outfit was all  together, down to the boots and the helmet with tinted visor.

Research led to him watching the lonely highway 95, mind taking in every single detail about the scene. The truck driving down and the strange figures moving through the shadows of night. Barely lit by the headlights of the large truck. They didn’t see what was coming until they creatures were already upon them, taking the many bottles of expensive booze and even drinking down down like pigs.  That was followed by a conflagration to destroy what they couldn’t drink down.

It was very...human.

More were tormenting the driver it seemed, which meant it was time to act. That being until he saw someone else move, a figure of metal and lasers that tore through a few of the creatures with no issue. The other gnolls seemed to be turning towards the strange figure, and he moved into action too. Forming a rune in the midst of a cluster of four gnolls. They didn’t really notice it, not until the earth twisted into massive spikes of earth that rammed through the dog creatures. One hoisted up into the air before falling in half, entrails and blood splattering across the ground. The others ripped apart by the shear piercing force as well.

”Not quite yet. I want to know what’s causing these things to do this,” His voice came filtered through the mask, hands rested at his side but eyes looking around at all factors before him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ryan Oliver Masters - Cobalt - Beta

Lucas Julian Alba - Novus - Twin Brother
Cobalt
Cobalt

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2019-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum