The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_vote_lcapBoston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_voting_barBoston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_vote_lcapBoston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_voting_barBoston Quest: Making a Fox Cry I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry Empty Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry

Post by Seeks July 28th 2021, 8:00 pm

Fallout is one of my favorite franchises. Like the edition wars of D&D, I couldn’t care less for people who suck off New Vegas on a daily basis, nor those who smear any other game except for NV. Though the original Fallout may be my favorite of the series, I’ve loved all of the main series games… and I’d love Fallout 2 more if I didn’t suck at it.

It’d been a while since I’ve done much with Dana. I’ve developed her setting, “Moon Fall”, over this past year. But like my other OCs, she has a special place in my heart. Recently I’ve begun to use her in this superhero play-by-post, but I still want to work with her normal canon. I say all of this to present a very non-canon project of mine that I’d worked on since last December.

Welcome to an in-character journal for my current Fallout 4 file. Welcome to the Boston Commonwealth. Prepare to watch me make a fox cry.

At the point where I’m sharing these, I’ve gotten thirteen chapters under my belt, including a pre-game prologue. I’m using a couple mods, including but not limited to the Vulpine Race mod. Not too many of them, but some fun ones that aren't too lore-breaking. Mostly. My chapters shall be shared from my hobbyist writing blog below. Will include some excerpts for each specific chapter under the links, to hopefully provoke interest. To not have a super-long single thread, had split each of the links into their own replies, save for the last two entries being on the same post.

Chapters 0~2
CHAPTER ZERO: AN APOCALYPTIC PROLOGUE
Life has funny ways of making you take unexpected twists and turns. Instead of munching the occasional box, a gear in the works of a RobCo think-tank, I’m instead the wife of mister Nate Howard… and the mother of our son. Shaun sure wasn’t the name I picked for him, but I compromised. Besides, I got his middle name, after the grandfather he’d never know in this life. Shaun Horatio Howard. Not a bad ring to it.

CHAPTER ONE: GOOD MORNING AMERICA, AND GOODBYE
Now I say whiff ’cause well, I’m a fox. Eggheads in the European Commonwealth called my kind a “Vulpine”. Some real eugenics shit, and of course the good old US of A had to get on that to fight the commies. Why they decided to make a generic chimera instead of super-soldiers is beyond me, but here I am. Never got the full story, but daddy dearest probably knew more than he let on in his lifetime. I guess a lot of my kind are meant for military service.

CHAPTER TWO: DON’T THEY KNOW, IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD
…and I was out again. Next thing I know, I fall out of whatever cryogenic ice-cube tray they shoved us all into. The people who made it to the vault? Fucking popsicles. The quacks from Vault-Tec who kept us there? Scattered skeletons, long-since eaten by roaches the size of bobcats. Records on the computer said there was a mutiny. Good. Fuck them.

Last edited by Seeks on July 29th 2021, 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dana Cooper - Apocalypse Fox
Casey Lowe - Aralisi
XP Tracker
Seeks
Seeks

Quote : “It is only the promise of death that makes life worth living.” - Robert E Howard

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 51
Humor : Yellow Bile
Registration date : 2021-06-20

https://rpgmaker.net/users/AtiyaTheSeeker/

Back to top Go down

Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry Empty Re: Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry

Post by Seeks July 28th 2021, 8:01 pm

Chapters 3~5
CHAPTER THREE: A FATEFUL AFTERNOON
I always thought ending someone else’s life would’ve, you know, had more weight to it. But… well, I’m still awake, aren’t I? Old mattress, old bedroom, broken bedframe. The innocent people that Preston was guarding are alive thanks to me. But those guys trying to shoot them? Dead. All dead. Bodies to rot in the Museum of Freedom, where I’d once had a field trip as a kid. Some are torn up by minigun fire outside.

CHAPTER FOUR: A BRUSH WITH DEATH BY DINNERTIME
It’s weirdly peaceful on this rooftop. I retreated after a big battle on this maze of scaffolding. Never occurred to me how big the old Corvega plant was, even as a kid. If I get to choose how I die? Not going down in a hail of gunfire? I wanna limp, or drag my bloodied body, or whatever. I want to see the sky one last time. The nature growing all around. Not the broken bits of what used to be. Much as I love technology, I adore nature too.

CHAPTER FIVE: SYMPATHY FOR A DEVIL
It wasn’t just anyone who killed the motherfuckers and their gang. It was me. It was someone who was meant to die multiple times, and probably should have, but one whom fate seems to root for. I punched their ticket straight to hell, and protected someone who sees more than the linear string of apparent cosmic RNG. Hell, I’m someone who wants to believe this wasn’t just the gods playing dice.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Casey Lowe - Aralisi
XP Tracker
Seeks
Seeks

Quote : “It is only the promise of death that makes life worth living.” - Robert E Howard

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks July 28th 2021, 8:02 pm

Chapters 6~8
CHAPTER SIX: ONE REASON TO FIGHT TO-GO, PLEASE
So here’s where he dropped this crazy idea. He doesn’t feel right to lead a return of the Minutemen. I can’t blame him. But because of my altruism to help him and the settlers? He thinks I can be some new General for his troops. Sounded as stupid to me as it does when I say it out loud, so I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s crazy. *Dana pauses for a few*…and you know what? I’ve got the sneaking suspicion I’m already crazy. Crazy like a fox.

CHAPTER SEVEN: SUPER-DUPER MARCH
Right. My fox head is doing that defense mechanism it does. Getting all egghead to cope with shit. I mean, it works. Downed some liquid courage I found among the remaining groceries — a Gwinnett lager — shortly after I swung doors and stepped inside. First off, kind of a shame the meals in the Eat-O-Tronic were all moldy. Second off, seems some old-school blasters did survive. What I know as a Glock 86 plasma pistol was in the store. In a girl’s toy box. In the shell of a kid’s toy. Labeled as the “Magic Gun of Friendship”, with a fusion cell included.

CHAPTER EIGHT: MISCHIEF DAY SPOOKS
I thought spinning the cylinder would calm me down. Make me feel badass. It did the opposite. A stray mannequin near me fell over the moment I spun it. I yelped, nearly had a heart attack, and put a slug into the dummy’s head. It didn’t budge. I bet you’re thinking “it’s a dummy, dumbass, of course it didn’t”. You weren’t there. Like every other bit of paranormal shit I’d encountered, you had to be there.

Casey Lowe - Aralisi
XP Tracker
Seeks
Seeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeks July 28th 2021, 8:03 pm

Last entries for now!

Chapters 9~11
CHAPTER NINE: FARMSTEADS AND FAREWELLS
Grief does funny things to you, is what I’m trying to say. When I staggered my way off of that vault’s elevator, I was as heartbroken as Jun. When my killer instinct overtook me in the museum against those raiders, rage drove me like Marcy. In the face of something we can’t change, something that haunts us to our very core, we either crumple in despair or burn up with wrath.

CHAPTER TEN: ROBOTS AND RANGERS
Luckily what those machines had in numbers, they lacked in firepower. Somehow my leathers managed to be ablative against them, but not before burning off some layers. Oops. Along with others who swarmed with shock batons, both Danse and I scrapped them all. Also, I nearly incinerated Danse with a shuttle ignition. In my defense, we were getting swarmed at the ArcJet facility where he thought the transmitter was. Not my fault he didn’t back off when I hollered “FALL THE FUCK BACK, SPACE RANGER” at him. Thank the gods for his walking tank armor.

CHAPTER ELEVEN: THAT WAS THEN, THIS IS NOW
…I didn’t think I’d be strong enough to survive this world turned upside-down. I didn’t think I’d have the strength to carry on after Nate was murdered and Shaun was taken. I’d have thought I’d die numerous times. And I never thought I’d become as reckless — some might say ruthless — in avenging and protecting folk who didn’t serve any of the shit they’ve suffered. That was then. This is now.

Chapter 12
CHAPTER TWELVE: THEREBY, BECOME A MONSTER
I don’t think I’d told you that I modified Danse’s gifted laser before. I managed to find a working pistol grip, even a comfy one. I held that thing white-knuckle as he told me he’d given Shaun to the Institute. I snarled at him as he told me I was dead for meeting him. But you know something? I remember exactly the last words I said to him. The last coherent ones before I shot up this mixture of Psycho and Buffout I brewed up. The last threat before I burned his androids to ashes with Righteous Authority, and the last threat he’d ever receive from the only one who could take him down.

Casey Lowe - Aralisi
XP Tracker
Seeks
Seeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top