The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Like an Egyptian I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Like an Egyptian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Like an Egyptian

Post by Chellizard May 3rd 2018, 11:36 pm

The night fell heavy upon an ancient city bustling with life. People that haven't been to a city like this are in for a treat. Nestled where the nile river separates into the Rosetta and Damietta branches, the vast city of Cairo has stood for more than a thousand years. Large buildings and other city life borders the lush landscape surrounding the river. As you get to the outskirts of Cairo, more of the city becomes dull, and covered in concrete or sand. Old and new buildings make up the majority of the city, especially with beautiful historical monuments in the east and west of the city.

Vihaan stood at the site of Helipolis, the place where Plato once studied. Rubbing his bare chin, his left hand would hesitate a few moments, his mind wandering.

"I just... cannot." he would pause. "... even." he muttered, shaking his head.

The man would be wearing an attire that would make him stick out just a bit more than some of the locals. Most locals wore loose linens; trousers and a t-shirt. Women were to obey a strict code that is much more modest in nature. Vihaan, on the other hand, wore a pair of pants that covered the top of his boots. Atop of his pants was a sort of waist cape that came equipped with a deep purple gem at his belt line. His torso was covered in a deep gray shirt, almost black, that covered his arms. He also wore a high collared leather chest piece that had two loop belts securing it to his left side.

His hair was dyed a deep blue today, the majority of it pulled up into a bun while a tuft of bangs fell to cover his left eye.

All that was left was the Obelisk of Sesostris I. It towered above Vihaan. The moon hung low, and a security vehicle would pass by every now and then, keeping an eye on Vihaan. But he didn't care.

Lush grass surrounded the Obelisk, a concrete pathway encircling it as well. Shrubbery, and nice landscaping in general was around of the landmark. There was a lone bench nestled in a semicircle of trimmed bushes, making the perfect spot to sit and think of a way to distract the security guard.

You see, Vihaan had followed a trail of magical energy here. He was unsure of the origin, but there was something in this Obelisk. He would need to figure out how to get into the obelisk without breaking it and defiling this sacred piece of history. But how would he do it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Like an Egyptian JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Like an Egyptian

Post by Champion May 5th 2018, 11:16 pm

Miguel hated being put on wild goose chases that seemed to have no real rhyme or reason to them. Last thing he knew he was shaking a minotaur of information about his father and next he was being told to head to Cairo Egypt. Charting a flight would have been difficult, so instead he decided to call up one of the mages in LA that were willing to get him a portal all the way here. Cost a pretty penny, but he was willing to do so if that meant finding information about the person that fathered him. Reaching there he found out that the time had turned to night, falling like a dense shroud over the city. Just being there brought over him a sense of antiquity.

All of it looked different than the dense, homogeneous buildings that littered the lower sections of LA. Silently he considered the Heliopolis, amber eyes narrowed as if wondering what purpose it stood. It was possibly supernatural in origin, but he knew very little about those kinds of things. He likely stood out in a manner, if only due to the fact of how he carried himself. Hands buried into the pockets of stone washed jeans, wearing a simple white shirt with a handkerchief tied around his neck, a small matrix of black Norse runic tattoos tracing along his arms. Those were perhaps what made him stand out the most.

The only thing keeping him from actually approaching the obelisk was the fact that people were guarding it. Not that it was impossible for him to push through, but he preferred not beating up civilians. That was more than anything messed up. Right now he was supposed to find a woman named Isis, or was it a vampire named Isis? Either way it was someone with an odd name to have.

That was  when he noticed someone else had taken an interest in the strange monument and he slowly scooted over to them sitting on a stone bench. Okay, he wasn’t the strangest looking person around him. ”Pretty neat rock, right?” He asked in a hushed voice, wondering what this had to do with vampires.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Helel Amaranthine May 27th 2018, 11:12 pm

Meanwhile, Leon was phased through the obelisk, accompanied by a small tabby who was barely helping (actually, she was helping a lot, just in a rather annoying way) with the issue at hand: an errant tear in the fabric of space, or portal for short. This one was supposed to be anchored in one of the central stations of the Cairo Metro, but recent construction had unmoored it and apparently sent it straight into a solid object.

"I’m telling you, if you alter the node right… there!" With a single nudge from one small paw, the portal snapped back in place. All that was left now was the tingle of residual magic. “I told you so.” She said smugly, licking a paw. Leon took a deep breath in an attempt to control their rising temper. It was never wise to piss off a resident Watcher. "Oh don’t worry kit, you still did most of the work in untangling this mess." She said, exiting the obelisk.

"Kit… you do realize I’m older than you." They said icily, following the tabby out of the structure before canceling the spell with a small shiver as their atoms reset. She simply hummed in response, leading the way around the obelisk, only for Leon to spot an all too familiar figure. They stopped in their tracks, causing the Watcher to look back questioningly. "Go on without me." They whispered in response, eyes trained on the people ahead. Tail twitching in understanding, she bounded off with a little 'good hunting' as farewell.

Taking a deep breath, they approached, placing an earnest smile on their face. "Mr. Kharti! I didn’t think I’d see you here! What brings you to the great city of Cairo? And who is this? I swear you know the most interesting people."
---
Word Count: 298

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Leon Trabocchi
EXP
Helel Amaranthine
Helel Amaranthine

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 11th 2018, 12:12 am

Vihaan would scratch his head, the magic inside of the obelisk shifting and moving, his left eye watching intently. The sound of a voice coming up beside of him made him almost jump, his overall level of cool easily cast aside.

"It's very rude to sneak up on people who are deep in thought. Hasn't anyone ever taught you that?" grumbling in annoyance, he would finally let his attention mull over the newcomer.

Taking in the male's overall appearance, Vihaan deduced that he was perhaps someone that could help him crack this thing open.

"You know. I take it back. You look like the type that could help me." he stated, their conversation having a few awkward pauses in between. It gave Leon just enough time to realign the magic, thus creating a proper link for the portal inside. It would make the magical energy less chaotic and more stable. It brought a bit of peace to Vihaan, a smile on his face as he realized not all was bad anymore.

He then furrowed his brows, suddenly realizing the sole reason he was dragged to this spot because of the energy in the first place. Sighing aloud, he would tap a finger against his lips in thought.

"Huh. Odd. This... doesn't make any sense. Are you the one capable of shifting energies and making magic... change?" he was so confused he wasn't making any sense.

It wasn't until Leon came materializing out of the obelisk that he realized who had actually fixed the magical alignment.

"Oh. Well. Fancy seeing you here. It's been... too long. This is," he turned to look at his new found friend.

"Whatever was your name again?" he asked, raising a brow in curiosity.

-My DeviantArt-
Like an Egyptian JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion July 17th 2018, 9:49 am

A seemingly composed countenance broke as he spoke, leading to proclamations that one shouldn’t sneak up on people. He didn’t jump, instead burying his hands into his pockets while considering the male that had been eyeing the obelisk. A few seconds passed before he stated something about him being the type of person that could help him. ”Oh really?” He questioned looking back to the spire of stone and back to the unknown with an even more questioning look. Unlike the other, he was without a sense for the magical and just looked at Vihaan strangely when he inquired about something.

”I can’t but he looks like he can.” He? He wasn’t really sure but that was what came to mind and there was no taking back ones words when they came out. This unknown person seemed to know the other, though that just made everything all the more confusing.

Was this all connected to this Mr.Karti?

”Names Miguel.” He said with a wry smirk, eyeing the new stranger that had rose from the massive obelisk. ”And who would you be?  Wasn’t looking for magical rocks but now i’m already interested. ”
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down