The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Trial by Fire
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:44 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Bad Things - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Bad Things - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBad Things - Page 2 I_voting_barBad Things - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Bad Things - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBad Things - Page 2 I_voting_barBad Things - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Bad Things

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad Things - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Things

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2017, 6:38 pm

She would just gently shush him, rocking with him as she stayed coiled within his grasp.

"We'll make them pay..." she said, looking dead eyed at Hannibal Blake as he fumbled with the weapon. He finally figured out how to turn off the safety, his hands trembling as he held onto it in a very amateur fashion.

Skyler, having been through enough emotional trauma for one day, was three steps ahead of the game. She would stand almost immediately with Lukas, his gauntlet letting out a single round just as Blake squeezed the trigger of the automatic machine gun. She would pull Lukas toward her and downward, the force keeping his head and torso from being riddled with bullets. He got hit in the right shoulder, however, and a few shots right through the upper arm. Skyler's back would be riddled with the bullets, but they weren't anti-meta. They were simply military grade, and her body could recover from them easily enough.

As she moved with Drifter, she stumbled forward, protecting him with her whole body as the gun exploded, sending more rounds exploding from the magazine. Blake was immediately knocked backward, a round digging straight up through his left shoulder.

Blood splattered on the ceiling and wall behind of him, but he was still alive. Skyler would take a deep breath as soon as the chaos settled and she knew that they were safe... for now.

"Don't move." She said, sitting up as she straddled his waist. Her body was already forcing the bullets out of her own flesh as it repaired itself.

Lukas, on the other hand, had just lost mobility in his right arm. She would rip at the hoodie sleeve, the sheer force getting it off of him without an issue.

"I always forget how fragile you are." she said, in a rushed but hushed tone.

She would then stuff his mouth with the hoodie sleeve and look at him apologetically. "This is gonna hurt." she said, shifting her thigh to mobilize his arm, pin his free one, and then bare her entire weight down on him.

She wasn't superhumanly strong, but she knew she was capable of keeping him down long enough to get these bullets out.

She would use her bare fingers and dig, attempting reduce any further damage that had already been caused by the gun shot wound. She was sure he was in pain, but this was the best course of action short of a hospital, and she had a feeling neither of them would look good going into a hospital like this right now.

Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 5015
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 19th 2017, 2:03 am

Luke had taken several bullets to the shoulder and arm. His armor had helped to reduce the damage to a point where he wouldn't be permanently injured, but it still hurt like hell. Blood gushed from the wounds, and the young man heaved in pain. It was nearly unbearable, but lucky for Lukas, he had a doctor right there. Skyler immediately got to work on is wounds, but Drifter only had one thing on his mind.

Hannibal.

A quick death was too good for the man. Bleeding out was too good. Drifter had a plan for him, and every second that passed reduced the chances he would put it into action. Lukas batted Skyler away once the wounds were manageable, making his way to the downed CEO.

"He.....he can't die yet....." Lukas said, withdrawing a syringe from his satchel. Hannibal groaned on the floor, apparently wounded beyond speech. As much pain as Lukas was going through, both physically and mentally, he was determined to kill this man in the most heinous way possible.

"You don't deserve death. You don't deserve the sweet silence it will give you. But, I'm merciful. I'm only going to make you feel a fraction of the miserly you've forced on others, then I'll let you go..... You should thank me, really." Luke said, grunting a bit from his wounds as he knelt down. The vigilante then stuck the needle in Hannibal's neck, slowly injecting the blueish fluid into it's creator's neck. Lukas smirked a moment once it was down.

"You feel it? The pressure in your head? The aching in your bones? The fire behind your eyes? It's only going to get worse. This is what you did to hundreds of people, only you did it to them over months. And for what? Money? You make me sick...... But not as sick as you're feeling now, i bet." Lukas said, watching as Hannibal swelled. It would only take a minute, and then the man would die, but not before experiencing agony on a level not many would ever feel.

After it was done, Lukas fell back. He was hurt quite badly, and Skyler still needed to work on him if he was going to make it out alive.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 19th 2017, 11:54 pm

She would make sure to apply pressure to the wounds, tearing the hoodie sleeve into strips after she dug all the bullets out, and then tying them around the wounds. There were four holes all together, and three graze wounds on the outer edge of his arm. He was so lucky that Skyler had yanked him just in time.

Moving off of him, she would stand and pull him up, her own wounds finally healed back to perfection. She would make her way back to grab her knife, sliding it back into it's holster. She would also make sure her gun was back to working order. The EMP effects were finally wearing off, her eye patch whirring back to life. She would blink with her left eye a few times, the patch readjusting. Aiva would glitch back into existence, her form hovering in the air just behind of Luke.

As Skyler watched, she witnessed Hannibal look at her with complete horror as if pleading for help.

"I... I... I'll triple the reward!" As he choked and gagged out the words, he started to yell in agony, the pain taking over him.

Skyler wanted nothing to do with him. She turned away, her side facing Lukas. She would grab hold of Luke's uninjured arm, motioning for him to come with her.

"We have to go." She said, but as soon as she pulled him, he collapsed. Cursing, she wrapped an arm around of his waist and yanked him up.

"We gotta go. We cannot stay here. Aiva, see if Hannibal has an electric car and hijack it." The command sent Aiva off in a blur of blue. Skyler would move, hoisting Lukas as she moved, being his support. She held onto him as she fumbled at the elevator entrance to the penthouse. She found a lock box with a thumb print key pad.

Using her foot, she yanked a lounge chair toward her and sat Lukas down into it. "Give me a moment." she was gone and back in a flash, one of Blake's hands with her, as well as Drifter's helmet and special gun. She bent the fingers down and pressed the thumb to the scanner.

It opened revealing sets of keys. Aiva then reappeared.

"Which car?" Skyler asked. Aiva tried to speak, but it seemed that her vocal abilities were hindered due to the EMP effects. Aiva would simply point out the keys needed to drive the electric car. Skyler took them, hoisted up Lukas, and got into the elevator.

"I don't know where we'll go, but we're getting out of here."  Hitting the basement button, Skyler then yanked the panel off of the wall and hot wired the elevator to skip the other floors. Hopefully no one else showed up to thwart their getaway.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 23rd 2017, 4:27 pm

Drifter struggled to his feet, using Skyler to pull himself up. His vision was blurry, and his body was aching. He guessed it was the pain, but it could have also been blood loss—he wasn't so sure. Regardless, even with all the pain he could still take pleasure in the fact Blake was dead. Not just dead in fact, fucking dead. Like, that drug killed the living shit out of him in spectacular fashion. Quite the accomplishment, if you asked Drifter.

"Good residence you....... Fucking piece of garbage. " Drifter said, limping along with Skyler to hold him. As time went on, he let more and more weight shift to his own body. In a few minutes he was able to stagger along by himself, but he stayed close to Skyler regardless. If he fell again, he would rather do it on her then on the concrete.

The pair got to the elevator, and within moments it was descending at an enhanced speed thanks to Skyler. It was a bit of a rough ride with all the floor skipping, but it was the price to pay for getting out of here quickly.

"Yeah.... I don't really care. A Walmart parking lot is safer then here." Lukas said, still breathing heavy. He leaned on the elevator wall, saving his strength. He could hear the sirens outside, and was pretty sure Hannibal had took his time away from them to call the police. Still, Drifter had a feeling the men in blue weren't the only thing they would have to worry about.

"Hannibal was a man that covered his bases, I'll give him that...... So I'm willing to bet you aren't the only one he hired. After all, whatever assassin black market you have access to I'm sure serves others just as well....." Lukas said. He was pretty much thinking out loud now, doing his 'think the worst' thing. Unfortunately for the couple, his paranoia actually had some merit this time around.

As soon as the doors opened, a familiar site would be seen. A woman decked out in a combination of punk clothing and military gear—her hair as pink as the gum she chewed. She had a mischievous smile on her face, and two hyper advanced guns in her hands.

"Nice to see you again, baby doll." Lilia said as she looked toward Lukas. The woman pointed her guns at Skyler, and then fired. Two fireballs with metal spheres in their centers would shoot out at blinding speed. If Skyler didn't move, her head would be taken off. In fact, even if she did it she was probably getting burnt at least a little.

"Don't want her spoiling our fun, do we, Lukas?"

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard November 1st 2017, 1:52 am

"Fuck." Skyler said as she shoved Lukas out of the way, her own form arcing backward. As she did, the fire encased burning iron shot passed her, scorching a nice bubbly blister onto her gorgeous face.

Snapping back up, Skyler would move forward to engage into close quarters combat with the pink haired woman.

"You're really fucking annoying." Skyler grunted as a knee was shoved into her own solar plexus, her hands moving to snatch up Lilia's wrists.

Holding onto the woman, Skyler used what strength she had to make sure the woman did not fire off her weapons. Skyler was unsure as to what kind of technology made them up, but she was sure it was something that could do damage to herself, and that meant it could easily kill Drifter.

Yanking the woman forward, Skyler felt a leg sweep and snap underneath of her, making her lose her footing. Buckling downward, Skyler would propel herself overhead, using Lilia to vault off of her while maintaining a decent grip on the woman's wrists.

During the encounter, a little holographic Aiva appeared to guide Lukas toward the vehicle. As Aiva instructed Lukas, she made a driving motion with her hands and then pointed at Lilia and then used her hands to demonstrate running her over. And yes, that meant Skyler would likely get ran over, too.

Skyler was tough, though. This woman? She couldn't be as tough as Skyler, surely.

Grunting, Skyler's head was sent to the left as the woman punched her in the jaw sending spit and blood flying. A little laugh escaped Skyler as she came back with a vengeance, her own punch smashing the woman's nose.

"I.. YOU. BITCH! YOu broke my FUCKING NOSE!" a screech escaped Lilia as she let out a roar of anger, her hands bringing up one of the guns she had to aim it at Skyler. She started to unload on the trigger, more of the flaming balls of metal being sent flying toward Skyler.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic November 1st 2017, 4:19 am

The guns were loud. Like really loud. The mixture of anxiety, anger, pain, and the usual high he got after a job did not mix well with what was basically shotgun fire a few feet from his ears. Drifter tried to help Skyler, attempting to move off the wall he was leaning on, but his injuries combined with this extreme shell shock were too much. He nearly fell, only to swing himself back toward the side of the elevator—practically his life line at this point.

"Fuck!" He said, putting pressure on his worst wound. Pain pulsed through it, and blood pulsed from it...... Lukas knew that, despite Skyler's quick work on him, if he didn't get proper treatment this would only get worse. Such a great time for his more whorish Catwoman stand-in to show up.

The chick fight was too intense for him to try to effect in this state. He was already at a disadvantage in such a close up confrontation. Off plan, no more prep, no powers, and the wounds only added to that. He had to resort to his default strategy: get the fuck out of dodge. Thankfully, Avia gave him the perfect opportunity, leading him away while the girls settled their differences. He limped as best as he could, trying not to draw attention to himself as he cleared the distance between the elevator and the vehicle he would eventually drive.

Scrambling to get the door open, but having no luck, Luke took his uniform's hoodie off, rolled it up around his hand, then punched the glass out. After that, getting in the driver's seat was a breeze. Getting Skyler in the passenger seat, however, would be far more tricky.

Avia, apparently being a rather morbid child AI, suggested in only gestures that Drifter run the pair of women over. Now, Luke knew Skyler could heal, but he also knew this wouldn't take Lilia out of the game. He'd seen this woman get shot off a motorcycle at 80 miles per hour, only to get back up. But, it could perhaps buy time if nothing else, so Drifter went for it.

He slammed his foot on to gas pedal, propelling the expensive Audi sports car forward at rapid speeds. it only took a second to impact with both Skyler and Lilia, cracking the windshield and most likely throwing them both into the concrete walls of the parking garage.

"Sky! I know you hate her but let's not play around. Kinda, sorta gonna bleed out here." Drifter yelled out the window. He didn't get a response at first, but judging by the groaning, both women probably heard his words.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard November 9th 2017, 12:08 am

Not even Skyler could jump out of the way fast enough to dodge the car coming at her. It was clear that the vehicle was a V8, and that only meant it went from zero to sixty in less than two seconds, giving her no time at all to process how to get herself out of harms way. The best thing she could do was make sure to flip herself around and take the lesser of the blow, using Lilia as a human airbag.

Feeling the pressure of the car smash Lilia into her, Skyler made sure to straighten her spine upon impact as well, minimizing damage there as well. It still hurt like hell, don't get me wrong, but it made the blow much softer in comparison to taking it full frontal with a hunched back.

She coughed, blood spraying from her mouth as she took a few moments to collect herself. This was almost as bad as when a building fell down on herself and Pain in New York.

Letting out a staggered breath, she felt the car pull back a few feet, giving her room to get around the vehicle and into the passenger door.

"... I didn't.. do it.. on purpose." She wiped her mouth, her lungs healing from being crushed. She had no idea how much time they had, but it was clear the pink haired bitch was out cold for the time being.

Moving over to the driver side, Skyler motioned for Lukas to move over. He was in no condition to drive. She was already breathing better, and most of her bones were healed back to normal.

"Scoot over, we're going to one of my old bunkers."

Getting into the driver seat, Skyler threw the car into drive and made sure to slam into Lilia one more time before tossing it into reverse to back up and then pull out of the parking garage.

Sirens were in the distance, and she knew that they would be trailed if they didn't get out of here fast enough.

"Aiva, scramble our signal. Do not let them find us." Skyler commanded. Aiva nodded, her little hologram appearing before it looked as if she dissipated and sank into the console of the car. This would buy them enough time to get out of shit creek.

"Keep pressure on those." she commanded, her voice stern.

She pulled her attention from the road to look at Lukas for a moment, the light having turned red anyway. She did not want to draw attention to the already attention seeking car, so she would abide by the laws of driving.

"I didn't shoot at you by the way. Not intentionally." she said, looking away from him as the light turned green.

This night was already long, and now it was about to get longer due to the conversation she had just started.

Last edited by Chellizard on November 16th 2017, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic November 16th 2017, 3:24 am

"......I don't care anymore," Drifter said, his voice low. Skyler was now in the driver seat, and they had made it out of the parking garage. Away from the cops, away from Lilia, and away from the world. For the first time since this episode started, hell, for the first time since Skyler left, Lukas had time to think. He put more pressure on his wound when asked, but it didn't seem like it was that urgent to him now. They were headed off to this safe house, but Drifter only wanted to be in his head. He wanted to tell Skyler that everything was terrible, but that it was normal, and that it was okay.

"When i was younger, i came to the conclusion that none of this matters. No, i wasn't a nihilist, i was a stoic," Luke said as they rounded a corner. His sentences were spaced with a long pause. He was never one to put everything out on the table so quickly, and this was no exception.

"See, before that i had all this anxiety. I tried to control everything, and if anything deviated from my plans i would punish myself for it. I was so focused on what society thought of me, and what my role in this world was going to be....." Lukas took his hand off his wound, staring at the blood. In turn, he started to bleed a bit more, but it's pace had slowed to a not so critical level.

"But then i realized, the only thing i can actually control is my thoughts, and by extension my actions. I can't stop all evil, i can't halt external forces, and i can't change people, so why strangle myself trying? This, Skyler, is natural. Blood, death, despair, and anxiety. Contrary to popular belief, this is not an optimist's world. Bad Things happen, and the only thing you can change about them is your reaction." Luke said, He realized he was probably worrying Skyler by taking his hand away, so he used it to put pressure on his wound once more. He didn't acknowledge that though. In fact, all he did was stare out the window and speak.

"When i say i don't care, that doesn't mean I'm mad. That means I've moved back to that mentality, because it gave me peace. I've learned to accept that terrible acts will be committed, people will hurt me, friends will leave me, and i will probably die unfulfilled. But, that's OK. I'm OK. I'll get through all of those things. There's no need to worry or argue about things we can't wholly control, because we're just suffering twice if we do." Most likely, the pair were probably close to the safe house by now, but even still Luke didn't move. He seemed simultaneously distressed, calm, and in deep thought.

"Why cry about parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears."

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 28th 2018, 4:12 am

The soft purr of the engine was a low drone as Skyler started to follow the laws of traffic, stopping at lights, and braking appropriately instead of whizzing passed people. The night was still young, but these two were broken, and a little dumb.

But not dumb in the high school kid fashion, no. It was more like they were dumb to each other's feelings or even themselves.

Skyler tried her best to keep her mouth shut, just glancing at him. She would take a hand off of the wheel to urge Luke to place his hand back onto the wound, but not a peep escaped her. She would catch herself about to blurt out when he would finally start talking again.

Luke talking was a rarity, especially when it was about something he had been feeling for quite some time but never felt the need to share. It was a very special thing. Her grip on the steering wheel would relax when she was certain they had finally shaken their stalker. It was also reassuring when she saw Luke's hand float back down to press against his side.

It wasn't until they were only a few more turns to the safe house that he finally seemed to be finished talking, his last words really sinking in.

"The world is something to cry about, but I've been saving my tears for a special occasion." The half joke would make the corners of her mouth curl for a moment but then she was right back to her serious face, her brows almost permanently furrowed.

"I know I've fucked up a lot... I know. And I blame me for it all. But right now, I need you to just stop standing so close to the edge of death and playing so dangerously. Cause yeah, bad things to happen. But not if I can prevent them." she said, the car rolling to a stop. She put the car into park and then shut it off with Aiva's help.

"It's complicated, what can I say? I just... I missed you, and now that you're back I can just say with out a doubt... You're like heroin in my veins and I really just cannot see life without you ever again." She said, looking to Luke, her hands gripping the steering wheel so tight, it started to bend under the pressure.

Letting go, she got out of the car before he could open his mouth and ruin the moment, or make her cry by saying something just as sappy.

Moving around to his side, she opened his door and leaned down so that he could grab onto her like a crutch.

"Let's get you fixed up. I am a doctor, after all." she said, trying to pull back the lighter side of life.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic February 3rd 2018, 6:12 pm

"Ugh. That was super sappy, Sky." Drifter said with smile as he got out of the car. Skyler hadn't given him a chance to say it before getting out, but it's not like his mouth was taped shut. He simply waited until they were both outside. As heartfelt as Skyler's words were, Lukas couldn't help but make this a bit more lighthearted.

"Right. You're like, an actual Doctor yeah? I mean, not a Doctor of Music or Doctor of Philosophy or some shit. No disrepect to those professions but........... Not useful here." Lukas said. He was quite sure Skyler was a medical Doctor judging by what he had seen, but he never really asked. After all, it wasn't really her active profession. She was more into shooting people with guns instead of syringes these days. Besides, Drifter just wanted to mess with her some more.

They would walk up the path to the safehouse, slowly but surely. Luke limped from not just his chest wound, but the several other minor injuries he sustained during the encounter. He almost fell a couple times, but luckily Skyler was always there to prop him up—to catch him.

"First things first, I need a drink. No saving my life until I'm half drunk," Lukas said with a laugh. He was only partially joking. Whether Skyler would actually accommodate that request wasn't clear, but regardless, they would both be safe and sound in mere moments. As if on que, the sun seemed to finally disappear under the horizon, leaving them in the dark.

The day came and went, and although bad things happened to them both, they were still standing, and they were....

Bad Things - Page 2 Siggy110

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 10th 2018, 2:17 am

Skyler's reaction was to prod him, usually, but this time she had to hold back and prevent herself from causing more injury to her beaten boyfriend. Taking his stab at her sappiness, she just made sure to hold onto him to her best ability. She may have been able to regenerate her wounds, but she could still feel the pain from being hit by a car. Her brain suffered a minor concussion, and it would take a while before she felt back to normal. Even if you're a meta human, your brain getting tossed around in your skull doesn't equal a good time.

"Oh, nah. I just went to premed and joined the military as a field surgeon for shits and giggles." rolling her one eye, she let a small smirk tug at her lips.

"Unfortunately, if you want to have any form of anesthetic, I cannot let you drink. Buuut. If you want to just endure it, I'll let cha drink." She said, getting them up to a door that looked quite normal. The building itself was normal, really.

It was an older house, settled in an older cul-de-sac. A few of the lots were empty, big "FOR SALE" signs sitting on the edge of the brown, patchy lawns. Street lamps illuminated the neighbors homes, but most of them were empty, and if they weren't, the inhabitants were sleeping soundly.

A warm, gentle breeze rolled into them as Aiva appeared, standing at five feet flat, the door swinging open behind of her.

"Welcome to Safe House Charlie mama! I've got the lights all up and running, and the security system is online! Those generators really are a charm, not to mention the solar panels!" Aiva rocked onto her heels and then back to the ball of her feet before disappearing in a puff of pixels and light.

Shaking her head, Skyler stepped into the home and found a place for Lukas to sit. The furniture was all covered in plastic, and it looked as if there was little to no dust to be seen. Skyler was impressed. It had been quite some time since she had been here.

Using one hand to hold onto Lukas, she used the other to yank the plastic cover off of the couch and sat him down. She didn't care about the blood, she would rather him relax and not get dirt in his wounds. Anything to prevent contamination was best.

"Twenty year old scotch, or twelve year old bourbon?" she asked, walking from the small living room to the even smaller kitchen. The main, big appliances run off of the main city grid. Skyler hooked them up the first time she claimed this house as one of her few safe houses. It ensured she could always have a cold ice box to store medical supplies.

She grabbed an empty crate from under the sink and started to stock it full of supplies. O negative blood, normal saline, gauze, packing gauze, caths to start an IV, sutures, sharp scissors, and a head lamp. She was lucky and found some lidocaine with epi, so that meant a bit more pain and he wouldn't feel much more.

"Alright, you still with me?" she asked, coming back into the living room. Heavy curtains would keep the outside world from seeing who was home after all these years, but the overhead lights in the house were no the best.

Kneeling down next to him, she sat down the crate and started getting her stuff ready to start the IV. Before she did, she made sure he had the bottle of whichever one he picked to swig on while she fixed him up. She wouldn't start until he was ready, of course.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic February 18th 2018, 11:58 pm

"Tis a wonderful safehouse," Lukas said as he limped into the building, holding onto Skyler for dear life. The AI's enthusiasm was jarring to say the least, but not really unwelcome. Luke had done enough brooding for the day, and a little cheerfulness was probably what was needed to cut through it all. Drifter just smiled at the digital girl as he was brought into the house, and then he eventually managed to fall into a leather chair with his girl's assistance.

Something had been said about not being able to take painkillers with alcohol. Luke scoffed to himself, but played along. When Skyler left the room, he took a bottle out of his pocket. He popped two pills from it and swallowed them down. Now he just needed that drink......

"Never been a fan of scotch, even if it is aged more," Drifter said in response. Skyler then handed him the his bourbon, and then got to work setting up her medical stuff. Luke himself never really got into reading about the field. It was true he absorbed just about anything when it came to knowledge and information, but medicine never piqued his interest. He would have regretted not studying it, but he had a girlfriend for that now.

Luke took a long swig from his bottle, and Skyler came back from retrieving a few items she apparently needed. She asked if he was still with her, and he smiled in return, cold grey eyes locking onto her.

"I wouldn't leave you in such a stale manner. I'm a bit more dramatic then that," He said, his speech punctuated with a laugh. He was mostly trying to get in a halfway decent mood before the painful part started. Sure, the alcohol and pills would help, but it would still suck if he wasn't mentally prepared. He gave himself a few moments to prepare, thinking of positive things, and then gave the go ahead.

"You can start."

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 23rd 2018, 2:31 pm

"Alright, now that I know you're still with me..." she had a sarcastic undertone to her voice, but in the sense that she knew he was alive and well. She had meant it in the sense that he was conscious and able to feel pain. Hopefully he would be numb to the procedure, but she just had to get it over with whether he liked it or not.

She would need to start the IV first to make sure he was getting blood while she was working. Grabbing for the bags, she suddenly realized it was the wrong type. It wasn't O negative. It was AB negative. The bag was clearly smudged. It's not like blood goes bad, especially when kept on ice. Unfortunate that she had the wrong type. That only meant one thing.

She would have to be his blood supply.

Sighing, she would turn as if she were grabbing something else and start a line on herself, making sure there was good flow before connecting it to Lukas. The help of her electronic eye gave her a much easier way to find a vein. She started the IV with no issues and set the flow to a medium range to ensure he was getting blood, but she wasn't losing it faster than her body could make it. Super human regeneration was wonderful, but not always a good thing.

As her own blood flowed into Lukas, his wounds would seemingly start to close over. She hissed under her breath and got to work before the bullets were left inside of him.

Skyler's hands moved meticulously, making sure to work quickly with the most efficiency capable. She would make deliberate movements, a scalpel being used for a split second to widen a puncture wound. She would then grab a pair of forceps and carefully pull the bullet out of Luke's arm. It would hurt like hell, but that meant that he was still very much alive.

The pain was only a split second, Skyler's blood healing over the tortured nerve ends and seemingly stitching the wound back together.

A drawback she had not superseded was the fact she could not get drunk. It meant Lukas' body would start to process the alcohol and sober him up quickly. However, the wounds would heal over as if he hadn't been shot. So the plus side out weighed the bad, in her opinion.

"Now, before you're completely sobered up, I just want to say I'm sorry, but I had to do it." she said, finally indicating she had been Lukas' source of blood.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic June 30th 2018, 1:32 am

Luke was a heavy drinker, and he wouldn't deny it. He wasn't a frequent drinker, no, but when he did go for the bottle, he got hammered. This instance was no exception. He set about chugging half the fifth before finally setting it down. See, he had a super high tolerance at this point, and anything less than an Irishman's dose wouldn't do much to numb what was basically surgery. Despite the fact it seemed masochistic to repeatedly go out at night to get his ass kicked for vague reasons, Lukas was no fan of pain. Unfortunately, he was about to get a lot of it.

Lukas' eyes were glazed over, his face was flushed, and his vision was blurred. He was in a haze, briefly blacking out every ten seconds or so. Each time he snapped out of it, a surge of pain went through his shoulder, and than he went back to sleep. It was a surreal few minutes, that's for sure. Skyler's voice echoed in his head occasionally, whether it was a dream or not, and he sincerely felt he might just fade away right there. He was confused, disoriented, and in an agony, but it would all soon end. No more pain, no more haze, and no more emotion. Well, maybe there was still emotion, but when the wave washed over him, he no doubt calmed down.

Rapidly, the alcohol was purged from his body. The anger, resentment, sadness, and anxiety was curbed, and the fogginess in his mind was gone. He looked to Skyler, the glaze gone. For the first time tonight, his gaze didn't have anything obscuring it. He was on point, not muddled with emotion or substances. Luke, the real Luke, could be seen at last. He smiled when Skyler apologized, bringing his hand to her cheek.

"I don't know what you're saying sorry about. I feel great," Lukas said, pulling in close to Karma. He stopped sort of kissing her, though. Instead, he simply looked at her. He brushed his fingers through her hair, still only slightly longer than his own. He framed her face with his hands, directing her to make eye contact. He wondered why this had been denied. Why had she left him? If she still felt the same way, why did she want to get away? Had he not been good enough?

"No more apologizing—not for anything. People are always so caught up in keeping a ledger of forgiveness, but I'm done. You could never inflict a wound on me that couldn't be healed by the sight of you. And yeah, I know  It's sappy, but goddammit, Skyler, I-......" Luke said, choking a bit on his words. He lowered his head a moment, finally breaking eye contact. His voice, previously at a conversational level, was low.

"I..... I think I love you. I never thought I'd love anyone, yet here I am, falling into the trap. I thought I was better than this. I felt like I saw past all that heartfelt, romantic bullshit," Drifter said, making sure he was speaking levelly. He didn't want to sound like an dumbass. Any other time, sure, he didn't mind coming off like that, but this moment was important.

"Fuck it. I'm tired of lying to myself," Lukas was done playing cat and mouse. He was done living his life on the edge of getting what he wanted. For so long he didn't want to commit to anything out of fear of losing out, but that fear was gone tonight. The vigilante moved forward further, and further still, until their lips met.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 19th 2018, 2:51 am

Skyler would gasp when she realized what she had done. She had essentially cured his body, his mind, but maybe not his spirit. She had brought balance back to him so quickly that it was as if he had been hit with a truth serum of sorts. She almost felt guilty to do this to him, but it was this or he dies.

She felt his hand press against her cheek, her left eye staring into his, swapping between his eyes to make sure she looked at him wholly. It sucked that she lost her vision in her right eye, but it was something that just had to happen. Life was so funny sometimes. The karmic wheel always turning and bringing what goes around back around. She had done a few terrible things, so it was only fair she would lose something dear to her and bare an ugly scar at the same time.

She had been half standing, mostly hunched over with one knee leaning on the couch. As his hands brushed through her hair, she would find gravity just pulled her into him. She felt so trapped, but free at the same time. Trapped in the sense that she was fighting her own feelings. She had fled because she was so scared that she had seriously grown so in love with him that she had let go of a few of her own morals and goals. But, realistically, she had just found out how to be true to herself and be happier. She had found happiness.

Sure, she had Lilia. She had her daughter. There was no denying that. She loved Lilia, and everything they shared together. But Lilia had been pushing Skyler to find someone. Hell, Lilia would try to hook Skyler up all the time. But... she would just deny it, and go work or take another contract. There was always something else in her way. It was herself.

And this time, with Luke, she had fallen so hard for him that she was certain she would die for him. And she never felt that way about anyone in a romantic fashion. She would die for him in a heart beat.

She swallowed hard, her attention solely on him as he took a moment to pause before going on. He loved her. Not just loved her, but was in love with her. He felt the same way she did, and it only proved that these two fucked up pieces to a bigger puzzle really did fit together and just barely fit with the rest of the world.

"I..." she tried to speak but found herself entangled with him. She pulled herself into his lap and enveloped him, crashing into him like a wave on a hot beach.

She could feel a pulse of power run through her like a light switch being turned on. Life was finally making sense.

Breaking from him for a deep breath, she would sigh with happiness and lean into him.

"I fucking love you. I'm also a goddamn idiot. I thought I couldn't do this and that it would just end up being... for nothin'. But, here I am. With you, a crazy fool that fell for..." she sighed, a little laugh following it.

"Bitch like me." she would kiss him again, her arms wrapping around of him, hugging him tight.

Letting go, she would move off of him and assess any further damages she caused him. Lucky for him, however, the line was still connected, her pulsing heart forcing blood into his vein.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic July 21st 2018, 7:35 pm

There are a great many beautiful things in this world: The sound of rain as it hits the pavement, the smell of roses filling your lungs, the grandeur of a starry night sky, and the sense of complete freedom. Recognition when you achieve, gratitude for your efforts, and a helping hand when you fail. These feelings, chemicals or not, are a big part of what gives my life meaning, but they aren't enough.

When Skyler pulled away, Lukas pulled her closer. She didn't need to worry about him anymore. All he wanted to do was hold her. He didn't want this reunion to be spoiled by any more injury, death, or bloodshed.

No amount of music, crispy fall leaves, or eloquent literature can drown out the bad things in our existence. No sunset, ocean breeze, or spring forest could ever be so beautiful as to make me forget about the suffering we all endure. Nothing has ever filled the hole inside me, and I believed for a long time that it would stay that way.

Maybe this wasn't good for either of them. Maybe they would both die in some horrific battle like the one tonight, but until that time, Drifter would stay next to Skyler. If he could have just stood there all night and admired her, he would have. If this moment never ended, in fact, he would be content. This was all that mattered right now

Then, I met her. When I look at her, all my fears go away. The constant anxiety goes silent, and everything comes into focus. This chaotic world finally makes sense when I look into those eyes. On her face is clarity, sorrow, and care. Now, you could say It's all meaningless. You could say our mortality makes it pointless, and that this is all just our brain's little illusion, but you'd be wrong. If this is all there is, and there is nothing higher, then what other purpose is there? What other thing could be more important, or more meaningful, then loving her as I do?

Drifter kissed Skyler, from her lips to her neck. He finally pulled away, gently pulling her by the arm to follow. He tugged on the tube that was still infusing his body with blood, wanting it to be done. Being the Doctor, Skyler would have to be the one to do that safely, but the point is Drifter insisted she stop it.

I'll never fall to despair again. My being may be insignificant compared to the universe, but it's the most significant thing I'll ever experience. So long as I have her, and I have my brothers, I will have a purpose. There isn't anything more transcendent, fulfilling, and beautiful than fighting for what you love.

After the surgery was officially over, they could enjoy their night. Lukas hadn't seen Skyler in months, and he was tired of half the time spent with her being in treatment of his afflictions. He was fine. More than fine, actually. The only thing that would make him better would be if Skyler followed him.

"Nothing is ever for nothing. Let's get some rest, Doctor. Spending a beautiful night with you is the best treatment you could ever give me."

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top