The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Bad Things I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Bad Things I_vote_lcapBad Things I_voting_barBad Things I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Bad Things

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad Things Empty Bad Things

Post by Chellizard August 13th 2017, 2:44 am

"Fighting flames with fire..." a gentle voice would sing, soft clicks of metal against metal being heard in the background.

"... are we fading lovers?" words would be broken by hums in between, the voice just barely muttering as hands focused on their task.

Sliding and locking one piece into the next, a soft breeze would whip passed, making the words escaping pouting lips whisper away into the wind.

"... we're falling apart yet we still hold together..." lifting the finished build up to aim down the iron sights, a silver iris would gaze off to look over the City of Angels, basking in the evening sun.

No more words escaped from the pouting lips now. She was too focused now. Attaching a specialized scope, she would look back into the sights, now using an eye covered with an eye patch. However, this patch was not just an ordinary patch. It was hand crafted by yours truly. Made especially for this kind of event.

"... Mama. I think this is a bad idea." a little voice would escape from a small holographic girl, standing at only six inches and seemingly floating in mid air.

Pulling back from the scope, a cloud shifted to send a beam of sun cascading over the woman wearing an eye patch. She looked beautiful despite the nasty scar running deep along her right cheek. Short silver hair was a mess, the majority of it having been chopped off for convenience sake. One piercing silver iris would look at the small hologram of the girl.

"Aiva... We've gone over this. We need to start over. I cannot do that without money." Not another word would spill from her lips about why it had to be done. Aiva looked disappointed, but would vanish by walking off into the sniper rifle, seemingly turning into raw data and absorbing into the metal.

"Activate HUD." Skyler commanded. The raw data that had vanished into the rifle would appear as a thin visor from her eye patch and cover over her eyes. She was able to see normally, but if she focused on what was directly in front of her, she would see her contracts file.

Code Name: Drifter

Known Targets: Corrupted Businessmen / Government Officials

Attire: Dark clothing with a hyper-futuristic helmet.

Known Powers: None; this entity is an enigma.

Known Weapons: Assorted firearms, poisons, anything they can get their hands on.

Despite the voice from this renegade sounding masculine, it is not entirely known that they are in fact a male.

Price: 5 million if dead. 10 million if alive.

Proof of life needed before drop-off coordinates are given. Payment received upon death or delivery of live target.

And now she would wait. The sun was setting, and her eyes were transfixed through the scope, staring down at the lone office of the rumored target Drifter would be taking out next: Hannibal Blake, the CEO of Blake Industries that specializes in medical supplies. Blake is known for cutting corners in manufacturing the supplies, bu always runs them through third party companies so that he gets rich quick, and people die due to his failed supplies.

Skyler was wondering why there wasn't a contract out on Hannibal, but she would settle for Drifter. Money was money. She needed it, and this fifty caliber bullet would do the trick quite easily.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Things Empty Re: Bad Things

Post by Stoic August 13th 2017, 11:52 pm

A knife stuck firmly into the wood paneling, the handle still vibrating from the force of the throw. A faint chuckle followed, one might even call it arrogant. Between the weapon and the wall, there was a picture of a Mr. Hannibal Blake. I suppose i really don't have to explain this to you, but i will anyway. The picture was target practice, and perhaps a symbolic way of checking another target off the vigilante's list. Regardless, a blade was stuck in the head of the picture, right between Hannibal's eyes, and that could only mean one thing.

Drifter had found a new target.

If you looked at this wall, it would quickly become apparant what it was. There wasn't just one picture with a knife through it, but dozens. All of them were dead, except for the newest addition. Drifter was going to change that today. After all, his collection of dirt bags had to be complete...... Blake was a cancer, you see, feeding off the rest of the world just to make himself stronger. People like him ruined lives with a reckless lack of empathy. He would get a taste of his own medicine, in more ways then one.

Luke sat at his work table, filling a few syringes with a blueish fluid. He wore gloves and a face cover, that's how dangerous this stuff was. And to think this was meant to help people........ Well, perhaps it would do just that, only not in the way Blake promised.

Once done with his little toys, he loaded them into his gauntlets. The guns on the custom gloves let out a hiss of air as they cocked, ready for the fight to come. Blake was known for keeping body guards, so this wouldn't be as easy as other targets. That said, the result would be the same.

Luke got the rest of his gear on, pulling his hood up over his masked head. The entire outfit looked more high tech then it was, but that allowed for an element of intimidation. Opposition might fear him a bit more if they thought he was packing million dollar technology, after all.

Once all his weaponry was in place, Drifter headed out. What he didn't know, was that his opponents had already figured out who his next target would be. He could have been walking into a blood bath, and he was none the wiser.
_________

Drifter was not a sniper. Sure, he had long range capabilities when it was required, but the vast majority of his targets were taken out with a mixture of planning, tech, and close combat. He made sure to make the kills as intimate as possible. Just killing men like Blake wasn't enough, you had to send a message. Yet again, that's what he intended to do tonight.

Drifter had decided to use Blake Industry's window cleaning lift to get a couple floors up, rather then using the door. He had made sure the cleaner wouldn't show up for work, and then used the equipment himself. After being elevated, he used one of the only accessible windows in the building to get inside. After that, it was only a matter of discreetly getting to the penthouse. An easy task if you knew what you were doing.

After a good ten minutes of dodging security and climbing stairs, Drifter was one floor below his target. There was no way he was getting in there through the stairs. The door was guarded by at least a half dozen men, and was made of solid steel.

Instead, he used a thermite bomb on the ceiling of the floor below. He had to take out a couple guards down there, but a simple taser dart made that easy without alerting the building to his presence. After that, he only had to detonate.

The explosion wasn't that impressive, but what it lacked in power it made up for in it's abilty to burn through practically anything. Within seconds of his entry point being formed, Drifter had kicked off the wall and leaped through it, gaunlets raised.

He saw two men, taken off guard and unready for action. Just like the men below, a incapacitating dart was all it took, and they went down with violent convulsions. But, they weren't dead. There was no need for that. He only had to kill his target, because after all, the men that worked for Blake didn't deserve to pay for his sins.

Apparantly, he still had the element of suprise, but the floor felt too quiet. There should have been much more security today, yet only a few incompetent guards stood in his way thus far. Either Blake's militia of enforcers wasn't as impressive as people said, or he was being played.

Drifter shrugged. He was probably just being paranoid.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 14th 2017, 1:19 am

Skyler would wait, listen, and watch. Aiva was her second set of eyes, and her third, and her fourth... and so on. Aiva had successfully hacked into the video surveillance system, giving Skyler live video feed of the entire building leading up to the penthouse her sniper was resting on.

She would slowly pan her gun from room to room, following Blake as he moved from one room to the next, a phone in his hand, and sometimes to his ear. He would pace, stop, and listen to the other end, shout, and hang up then repeat after a few moments. He was either settling deals, or dealing with his many mistresses.

The heads up display in front of Skyler's eyes gave her a clear view of the cameras, feeding her live information as guards moved from station to station. The majority of them were within the main penthouse, set up in layers to protect Blake. She wanted to kill him, but she knew it would be a bad idea, seeing as he was one of her employers.

At least, that's what the initial contract said.

She would watch on as the sun dipped down into the evening, and Hannibal looked to finally be settling down. He sat at a large desk, angled into a corner with two huge windows behind of him. He had four guards in this office with him. Two were watching the windows, their eyes constantly surveying. Another two were watching the two doors to get into the office. One lead off to his bedroom which had an alternate entrance, and the other came off of a hallway.

Skyler was hidden nicely, just in their blind spot, her gun just barely peeking out over the top of the building's edge. She had grown almost bored until she caught a camera view of two guards down on the ground, convulsing as if they were having a seizure.

A small smirk crossed over her face as she watched, her eye patch against the scope as her raw left eye watched over the HUD.

-

Inside, Blake was shuffling through some documents, securing shipment of his faulty products from Los Angeles to China, Japan, and South Korea. Large container ships would be heading out in just three short days, and he had to make sure he had signed all the lines, dotted his I's and crossed his T's.

An explosion drew the guards from their posts, but only for a second. It gave their infiltrator a few moments to catch them by surprise. Men went down, one by one, and without effort. Skyler watched curiously. These men didn't need to live. She was only here to save Blake.

But part of her didn't want to. Part of Skyler wanted to make sure he didn't make it.

As the guards outside of the office were taken out, the four inside would form a tighter guard around of Blake, instructing him to get down underneath of his desk. They would handle it from here.

Skyler watched as the four of them took stance, waiting in fear of what was to come.

"Heh..."

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 16th 2017, 4:24 pm

Luke took his time. There was no reason to go rushing into things, especially when everyone seemed so unaware of his presence. He could use this time to gain some valuable intel, or foil any kind of would-be ambush. He moved to one of the cameras, pulled out his phone, and began sniffing the surveillance network. The best part about these new systems was that they were so digital, anyone who knew what they were doing could upload whatever they wanted. Cracking bots, packet grabbers, you name it. All it took was a little finesse, and a good minute or so, and his self made program was brute forcing it's way into the system. In a moment, he had eyes inside the office.

Now, how do we infiltrate a square room, four armed guards in the center? There's absolutely no cover, and each of the doors have a gun trained on them. Even if i popped smoke, they would know where i was entering from. They have full auto weapons. They don't need to see, just spray and pray......... I have to do this quickly, a shock operation. Luke thought to himself, pulling from his satchel a couple grenades and a stick of Semtex. He stuck it on the wall then moved to a safe distance, but one that would still allow him to quickly enter the room through the hole his explosion would create.

The four guards would hear a faint burning sound, like a fuse slowly burning down, and then it would happen. A large explosion blowing out the wall, followed by the room filling with thick white smoke. One thing about Drifter's mostly cosmetic mask was that it had been crafted with special back lit lenses which allowed, well, decent visibility in smoke. This was no Alba Tech, but it would give a small advantage none the less.

Coughing would erupt in the room as Drifter entered, wasting no time charging the first guard. He needed to use the low visibility and shocked senses of the guards to his advantage. He quickly attempted a take down on the first man, repeatedly laying heavy blows on his head once on the ground. Only a truly hard individual wouldn't be knocked out by such a surprise onslaught. These were brutal, impatient hits. One mistake could cost him his life, so Drifter didn't care if it was a bit over the top.

After taking care of the first, he tried to make out other figures in the smoke. He really didn't care if he hit Blake with his tasers or not, so he simply sprayed the outlines with the darts. hoping for the best. He heard one, two, and three loud thuds. Only three. There was one other man left in this room, Drifter only hoped it was the one who wasn't a trained merc. The smoke was fading a bit, not gone but not as thick as it was at the start. Lukas realized he needed to find the last man before it was too late, but that's when he heard a familiar sound. It was a tell, an automatic weapon, being readied to fire.

Drifter hit the floor, and a spray of bullets came his way. He knew now where the man was, but that didn't help him when high velocity rounds were being shot at him. Luckily, these weren't the highest caliber, so the hits he did take were mostly absorbed by his armor. They still hurt like heavy blows to his body, but he was staying alive, even if his ear drums were screwed at this point.....

Once the clip was wasted, Drifter didn't hesitate. He pulled his bat from it's holding place, chucking it as if it were a throwing knife. The bat spun into it's target, making a smacking sound on impact. A grunt, then a thud, followed.

Drifter got up, the smoke fading to the point that he could make out where everyone was. He took a breather, glancing out the window for only a moment. Thank God he did, as the sun reflected in an oh so perfect way at that very moment. It was like a shiny coin in the distance, positioned on a roof. A mundane sight to the uninitiated, but doom to Drifter.

"Fuck!" Drifter said, diving for cover. Unfortunately, there really wasn't any. This office was completely open to the window, so all Drifter could do was make a B-line to the room he came from. He doubted he would make it without a bullet in his chest, though.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 16th 2017, 6:02 pm

Patience ran deep with Skyler, her attention unnerved as she crouched. A slight pain was resting in the small of her back, but nothing could make her move for the sake of her future with her daughter, and one day, the man she loved.

"Stop it... stop distracting yourself. Focus... you need this. Kill this target, get the money, easy.... Or, I could capture him, and get away with more... Should I?"

"Mama! Someone else is-- ha--ck-ing.." Aiva started to glitch, the camera feed on Skyler's HUD breaking up and becoming static ridden. She furrowed her brows and actually pulled her head from her scope, missing the explosion that occurred as Drifter finally made their way into the office housing Hannibal Blake.

Cursing, she quickly pulled up her tablet and, with one hand, corrected Aiva and gave her a gentle nudge, giving her equal access to the security feed.

Skyler would then pull her gun back up to her eye, her hand shifting to the scope, engaging thermal readings. The smoke filling the room was no match for her gun, the heat coming off of the men making it easy to follow the trained gun men, Blake, and Drifter. She would watch, silent, focusing on her breathing.

As Drifter entered the room, they bee lined for the closest mercenary for hire. Beating the man down was easy, and it made Skyler curious. The way Drifter beat him down, the sheer weight of each blow, precise and intentional. The man was out, completely down.

Blake would come out from under the desk just as Drifter sent their taser darts out in a fanned motion, making Blake and two more guards go down. Skyler was now intrigued even more. A grin tugged at her scarlet painted lips.

As the three bodies fell, this left one more man, a panic rushing through him as he pulled up his automatic machine gun. He then let out a spray of bullets, destroying the walls, and a few pieces of art hanging on the walls and sitting on tables. The bullets ripped through the mini bar in the office, spilling bourbon and whiskey on the hardwood floors.

Skyler waited and watched, and then saw, the smoke having cleared, Drifter throw a bat at the guard making him double over from the surprise. The impact knocked the man down, and hitting the ground made him unconscious.

She would let herself follow where the bat came from, watching Drifter rise up from their crouched position. She then realized that Drifter had seen her. Pulling the trigger, she intentionally missed, but she wouldn't let Drifter know that. The window would shatter, glass spilling down into the alley below. She loved a game of cat and mouse, so this was going to be fun.

Ditching her sniper rifle, she would pull up a grappling gun and fire it from her side of the building. Now with a line to cross, she would grab an attachment to zip-line across. The rush of wind hitting her as she moved from building to building felt wonderful, her knee high, steel toed boots softening her rough landing as she let go of the pulley.

She dusted herself off and let out a whistle.

"Come on out and play, darlin'. I don't bite..." she called, her eye patch scanning the room. She found three heart beats. One of the guards had died. Blunt force trauma to the head would cause that, especially given the fact the man had a brain aneurysm and he didn't know it.

"... hard." she cooed, a grin over her face as she moved. She wore a red corset that hugged her figure, and a very short skirt over top of small compression shorts. She had a singular thigh plate on her right leg, her left strapped with a knife and a smaller hand gun. A pair of dog tags hung around of her neck, glinting in the light. Her short, silver hair was swept up in a sort of stylish coif.

She would slowly move from room to room, a specialized handgun resting in her left hand, her right holding the knife that was previously attached to her left thigh.

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 16th 2017, 6:53 pm

Why would a sniper throw away their advantage after a single shot? It made no sense. Drifter wasn't complaining, but it did bring up a few questions. Perhaps this person was confident in their own power, maybe even a meta. That, or Drifter was worth more alive then dead. Could also be that Drifter was simply overthinking it, but he wasn't alive today because of a lack of analysis.

Drifter moved behind a bar in the room outside the office. It was some sort of wreck room, he guessed. He awaited his opponent, knowing now his eyes had not deceived him. After all, a fifty cal had just barely missed him. Why was there a sniper in the first place? Whoever it was, they were waiting for him. How was that even possible? He couldn't answer that question yet, his life was on the line. He heard his potential assassin land, then walk into the room. His heart was in overdrive, his breathing heavy, but controlled. He was mostly calm, knowing that one mistake could cost him his life, but also knowing he wouldn't make it.

The composure he had was solid, but it went right out the window in the next few seconds. Hearing the voice, the woman's voice, made his heart sink. His eyes widened in both anger, fear, and betrayal. So this is where she had went. Not strong enough to deal with the stress of their relationship, Skyler went back to killing for money. This was the kind of person he thought that he might have loved. Maybe he was right to deny it in the first place.

Drifter laughed, giving away his position. The laugh turned into a more extended display. Yet another joke life had played on him had the young man in a fit. He had to hand it to the universe, it had a sense of humor, as cruel as it was. But like everything in his life up to this point, he would make it through....... Even if he had to go back on some of the things he had said to Skyler in the past.

"That's the most cliche line I've ever heard uttered. Stick with the trying to kill me, hun. But first, i think I'll make this more entertaining. No super toys, alright?." Drifter said, flipping a few switches on his gauntlet. In a moment, a whirling sound came from it, and his military grade EMP was activated. It let out a faint pulse, lights flickering and the TV in the room practically exploding. His mask went down, his phone, and all the other hacking devices he had home brewed. He was willing to bet that his opponent would be more inconvenienced, though, so it was fine.

"What's a fine girl like yourself doing working for Hannibal Blake? You know how much of a piece of shit he is? You're not just killing me, you're killing thousands." Drifter said, distracting Skyler with words as he pulled the pin on a frag grenade. She could handle it, he knew. And if she couldn't, well, maybe she deserved to feel some pain for her lack of convictions.

Drifter tossed the grenade over his shoulder, making sure to cook it long enough to avoid any throw back tricks, then covered his chest by balling himself up behind his cover. The grenade would go off before it hit the ground.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 17th 2017, 7:55 pm

Before Drifter had a chance to disrupt Skyler's gun, she would turn and let four rounds loose from her gun. She killed the remaining guards, and made sure one of her bullets found their way into the one killed by blunt force trauma. Just cleaning up loose ends before the end of this, of course. But where had Blake gone?

Skyler would have to figure that out later. Drifter was calling out to her, and she had to make sure to pay attention to her main target.

The EMP would disrupt Aiva, a shrill cry of pain erupting from her before the HUD in front of Skyler disappeared, and her eye patch faded to darkness leaving her with just her left eye for vision. The gun she had in her right hand was also useless, the firing pin relying on a micro-signal from the chip inside of it. All that Skyler had was the armor plating on her thigh, as well as the knife in her left hand. She ditched her gun by holstering it, the knife being all that she held, it now secure in her right hand, and her left moving down to her side. She felt blind, but she had grown use to this feeling over time.

This Drifter person was smart, she had to give them that. An EMP was the perfect pocket device to use. Skyler fancied them herself, but chose not to use them in fear of harming Aiva's coding. So, of course she was worried about her artificial intelligence side kick. For now, however, she would need to worry about her own life.

"No super toys. But, stop hiding." she stalked down the hallway, three doors on the right, two on the left. Two of them were closets, one lead to the master bedroom, another to a guest bedroom, and the final door to a powder room.

She heard the sharp thud of the grenade as it bounced off of the wall and then rolled toward her.

"FUCK!" She yelled, raising her arms over her face, shrapnel exploding and sending her flying backward. She landed on her back with all the air being forced out of her lungs.

Laying there for a few moments, she let out deep groans, her body rejecting the foreign objects as she snapped her shoulder back into place and flicked her wrist back into proper position. Rolling her neck, she would pull herself to her feet. Only thirty seconds went by and she was feeling much like herself.

"... nice trick." she said, coughing a bit. Literal pieces of shrapnel were coughed up, but the pain was nothing compared to others she had endured. This was not like stepping on a landmine by accident back in Russia.

She would come out of the end of the hallway into the large open floor plan living, dining, and kitchen area. There were plenty of places that Drifter could be. Behind of a couch, the grand piano, or the bar.

"You know. I was about to answer your question about Hannibal Blake before you attempted to blow me up. I don't work for him by choice. I do things that I need to in order to protect those that I love." she said, scanning the room with her ears open to any sudden sound.

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 17th 2017, 10:07 pm

Lukas had delayed Skyler. Perfect. He had a good half a minute to do whatever he wanted, which, in such a situation, felt like an eternity. He tried to think of a plan, but every one of them was lethal, or at least hurt Skyler quite a bit. That's not what he was intending to do, at least not physically. No, he wanted to show her the pain she had caused him, and eventually reveal himself.

He was disappointed, heartbroken, and full of uncontrollable rage all at the same time. He thought she was different, someone he might be able to trust, but then she left him high and dry to chase her old thrills. He scoffed at the woman's words. He didn't have an elaborate trap this time, and his seconds trickled down to zero. The only thing he managed to do was arm a flash bang, holding it behind his back as he stood up from his cover. He had no weapon raised, unless you counted his death stare.

I...i could kill you right now. It would feel so good. It would certainly be a start to evening the score with this fucked up world......... But you're lucky....... You're lucky i still ..........i still love you. Lukas thought to himself, even within wrestling the word. He couldn't take much more emotional abuse, and that was two weeks ago. With Matt revealing everything to him, the hypocrisy and lies, and Pat hating him for trying to be protective, it was too much. Skyler was just the icing on the cake. He truly had no one at this very moment. But, it still wasn't enough to make him end her.

"You just said you weren't going to tell me, then proceeded to tell me. This is basic stuff hun." Lukas said, his snarky act hiding the true emotion within, at least for now. He slowly walked toward her, stepping around the bar. His boots made a clicking sound against the fine tile, right up until he stopped, around fifteen feet from Skyler.

"So, Doctor, what's the price on my head?" Drifter said. With that loop thrown her way, and nothing but a close combat weapon drawn (Which of course could be thrown, but pretty easily avoided in Lukas' mind), Drifter felt secure. To add to the shock of her identity being called out, Luke pulled the flash bang, holding it in the palm of his hand as it went off.

It would daze him slightly, but the tinted lenses of his mask were enough to make it manageable. Skyler only had one eye to work with, so all he had to do to remove all her visibility was to take out the other. Drifter was sure his flash bang would do just that.

Once it was set off, he dropped it, the dead grenade hitting the tile with a crack. Before it even hit the ground, the vigilante pivoted, a curve to his course of attack. He would charge Skyler from her right, where her lack of visibility was total, and attempt to tear the knife from her hand, even if he had to shoot it with his gauntlets.

If successful, Luke would toss the knife and charge into Skyler with all his might, not caring how ruff it was. If all went well, he would force her against the wall, pinning the woman by her throat. That, or Skyler could have pulled away after losing her knife, or even somehow before. But Luke had his plan, and with superior senses in his favor, he deemed it likely.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 17th 2017, 10:51 pm

"I never said I wasn't going to tell you. Just that I was going to before you decided to throw a live grenade at me. Learn the difference." She would watch, caution being her main goal right now.

Not having her right eye made things difficult, but she had learned to cope with the loss of her eye fairly well, given the circumstances of her situation. She was still able to perform complex surgeries, and part of her wished she was doing that right now instead of this. She had only resulted to this for quick, easy cash. Something she could use for many years to come rather than applying for a job at a hospital where her name would be on record, and if not her name, her picture in their records as an employee under a fake name. Even still, the less she had of herself in the system, the harder it would be for Blood Moon to find her and the people she loved again.

But, of course, she was a fool. She had chosen to run off without telling Lukas, all in hopes of finding herself while also bringing something to surprise him with. She had it planned out in her head. A simple dinner followed up with her passing him an envelope with the details of the new house she would have purchased in cash so it was untraceable. But, no. She had to do this dirty work first, and she hated herself for it.

The contract never stated Hannibal had to make it out alive, though, but rather that the killer known as Drifter needed to either be dead or brought to justice. And the contractors form of justice was unbeknownst to Skyler at this point in time.

The coldness of her silver eye would hide the warmth she felt thinking about Lukas. Taking in a breath through her nose, she heard the faint click of Drifter's boots against the tile floor. Her own form stood stock still, waiting for what was to happen next. And, of course, it was another dirty trick. The flash bang erupted, sending her senses into a blinded state. She felt the world spin around of her as she lost her grip, the knife in her hand falling as Drifter came for her. Normally, she would be able to side step or dodge such a motion from a normal human, but no. Drifter had caught her off guard by calling her Doctor. Of course it would be normal if someone like Drifter knew of Doctor Karma, but to know she were Doctor Karma... that was unheard of.

She felt the body of Drifter's push into her's, roughly sending herself backwards, pinned back against a wall. As she was shoved backward, she was half impaled onto an odd modern styled sculpture with a few pointed edges. She felt the pain throb through her side as she felt her vision come back to normal and her ears stopped ringing.

"... ugh.. You've... got a lot of... fight in ya', sweet 'eart." she smiled as her hands made their way to grip onto Drifter's helmet, her main goal being to rip it off of their face.

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 17th 2017, 11:41 pm

His plan had worked out successfully. If he were to be honest with himself, he had thought before this any fight between him and Skyler would result in his death. But, here he was, managing to trick his way into an advantageous position. What could have been a complete slaughter had turned into a way for him to show Skyler how he felt, and the next phase of that was revealing himself.

He didn't even have to reach for his helmet, she was doing it for him. She knocked it off his head with force, expecting resistance likely. There was none, Lukas let her do it, even pulling his hood down while keeping his other hand on Skyler's throat.

His messy dirty blonde hair, his blue eyes, and his pale as a ghost skin were revealed in that moment. A half smile crept up on his face. He tilted Skyler's head from side to side with a bit of strength, man handling her. Though, concern was in his eyes, and checking for wounds was the point of the action.

"I didn't hurt you too much, did i Sky?" Drifter said, still keeping a firm grip on the woman. His eyes then lit up with the anger that had previously only simmered in them, and he pushed his face closer to her's, staring into her with pure contempt--outrage.

"Well maybe i should have! After all, you were going to kill me, and for what?! FOR WHAT?!" Drifter screamed, attempting to pull Skyler toward him, before slamming her back into the wall. He was clearly emotional at the moment, the intensity of his movements turned up to eleven. Drifter was not himself.

"I could have been anyone. A father, a son, a lover, a husband. I could have been a kid, just trying to make a difference. You'd have killed literally anyone from that roof, for fucking money!" Lukas said, now trying his best to throw Skyler to the side, hopefully to the ground. Tears were streaming down his face, but the primal anger persisted.

"I should have known the first day i met you, should have known you were nothing but a lap dog. What are you doing? You think you're doing this for me? No, this isn't for me. If it was you wouldn't have left me when i needed you most. You couldn't handle the strain i put you through, so you ran off to do the only thing you know. Killing." Lukas said, wanting desperately to kick her, but he couldn't. He knew he was going off, but he couldn't do it. He had to stop himself.

He flipped the pool table instead. It was difficult, quite heavy, but with all his emotionally fueled energy, he managed it. It crashed to the floor, cracking tile and shaking the room. He took a deep breath once he was done, turning back to Doctor Karma.

"I thought you were different, you know. That maybe i loved you. But how can i love someone i don't even know? How can i be with a person that abandons me when shit gets tough? You're a terrible person, and so am i, but at least what i do does some good. All you're doing is lining your pockets with dirty money. And to think, you chose that over me." Lukas said, panting. He sauntered over to his mask, picking it up off the ground. Blake was still alive, and he didn't have time for this. Luke had already accepted Skyler had left him, her coming back to kill him didn't change anything.

"Go home, Skyler. I have work to do..... Unless, of course, you want to collect your bounty. Your knife's just there, if that's what you want."

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2017, 12:17 am

As soon as she ripped the helmet off of Drifter, she felt nothing. A numbness washed over her. Even his grip on her throat was nothing compared to how much pain she felt welling up in her chest. Tears would stream from both of her eyes, despite being blind in her left one. The eye patch could not hide what was streaming down her chest as she gasped, a sob rocking through her so hard that she impaled herself worse onto the statue.

She winced, but not because of the physical pain. No. It was seeing into those beautiful blue eyes after almost a month of not seeing him, and just... seeing pure pain and anguish. She hated herself more than anything now. She wanted nothing anymore in this world but to find a way to get Lukas back into her life. She had no idea how much she had truly missed him until she laid eyes on him again.

It was at this moment that she threw caution to the wind and just, listened to him. She had nothing else she could do, his grip on her forcing her to move her head from side to side, the tears still spilling down her face. She was weak, him her kryptonite. She closed her eyes as he pulled her face toward his. She couldn't look at him. She tried to look away but felt him pull her face toward his as he screamed.

He slammed her again, further digging the statue into her waist. Blood was pouring down from the wound, her body trying to repair itself as she stood there, but the presence of the foreign object and the constant movement and tearing of her flesh made it impossible for her to regenerate this wound. It wasn't until he finally threw her to the ground, releasing her throat. She gasped, finally able to take a full breath of air.

She laid there, her face pressed against the floor, not daring to glance at him. She would sob, her whole body shaking. When he walked away from her, she would look at him then. She watched as he heaved the pool table over, sending billiard balls flying. Knocking over other vases and decorations in the penthouse. She sniffled, pushing herself up, a puddle of blood pooling under her as she finally began to heal from the puncture wound on her side.

Taking a few more deep breaths, she found herself able to sit up a bit, her form resting with one hand on the floor, and the majority of her weight on her side as she sat up with her legs semi tucked beneath herself.

"... No." she finally said in response to everything he had said.

"No. No. No." she said firmly, the back of her free hand moving to wipe tears from her face as she blinked away her blurred vision.

"I may be a lot of things, but I am not a lap dog. I may be a monster, but I'm not one that does it just for money. You have no idea who I am anymore, and I don't blame you." her voice cracked as she took in a sharp inhale, her body shifting as she found the strength to pick herself up. She grabbed her knife as she stood.

"I wasn't going to kill you... Drifter. Whoever you are. I was..." she looked down at her own reflection in the broad side of her knife.

"Going to use you as bait to lure in those big wigs, killing more than just Hannibal Blake, and cash out bigger than the reward for you. Sorry to make you think you were that special. To think I was going to just murder someone in cold blood because a contract said to. I'm not that kind of person any more. Not like I used to be. And HOW DARE you think I am!" she shouted, anger rising in her now that she found her own voice. Her lips trembled as she looked at Lukas, tears silently spilling down her face.

"But that's fine... I'll really abandon you now. I'll stop being a burden. I'll... be selfish for myself for once." she stared at him with her cold, silver iris, her lips tugging into a soft, forced smile.

She then did something quite drastic, pulling the blade up and thrusting it between her second and third left side rib, jamming it directly into her own heart. A gasp escaped her, the sweet wish for death flashing through her just before she collapsed forward, her eyes rolling into the back of her head.

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 18th 2017, 1:04 am

Drifter stopped just as he reached the door, prepared to leave for good. Skyler's rebuttal stopped him though. It was some story about how she was really after Blake. Drifter couldn't believe it, he wouldn't. Everything she had done this far told him she wanted Drifter dead. This was a way to turn the tables, to pin the blaime on him. He was about to unleash a verbal fire storm. He had seen this type of manipulation too much to accept it, but that's when Skyler stabbed herself.

Drifter's eyes widened, his breathing speeding up almost instantly. His head was grinding, trying to process all the variables of the situation. He couldn't understand it, the pain was too much. Why? Why did....... Was it his fault? He could never get enough air, never enough. His legs shook nervously, eventually collapsing at the knees. He didn't immediately go to her, instead holding his head in what was apparently pain. He laughed, cried, and mumbled to himself, nerviously twitching.

"It's.....it's just a path. Just a street. Just-just a road i gotta go down, down the....the road. Keep on it........ You're gonna go far, son." Drifter said, his voice changing in pitch, and his tone changing from happy to sad on a dime. He couldn't handle it. There was too much to think of, too much to control. Was she telling the truth? Was she lying? Had she done this on purpose? Why would she kill herself if she had a daughter. Lies! Tricks! Plays!

Everyone was here, and nobody was. They all wanted his head, and nobody was his friend. It was like he had always thought. Nobody was on his side, and everyone wanted to hurt him. All his friends, all his family, the whole world. No matter how much he tried to keep the pieces together, no matter how much he obsessed over order, he would always fail.

"Need....need a helping hand? Yeah? No....no way. It's all you, kid. Just you, no one else. It's not your fault.....it's all your fault...... She's......she's just a knife. Just a dagger like um all, out to hurt ya." Lukas said. He was holding his head, rocking back and forth now. He felt like he was dying, shattering into a million pieces while simultaneously being put back together. No words could explain the thoughts that rolled through his head. It was all just too much.

"Not again. No. No games. I hate.......i hate games. Get away. I don't....i don't want any of you. GET AWAY!" Drifter yelled, pulling fracture and pointing it at Skyler's head. His hand shook, his mind raced, and his body quivered.

After a few seconds of contemplating, the unreasonable thoughts in his mind had won, and his finger pressed down on the trigger of his special handgun.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2017, 1:24 am

She was here, but not. She felt the knife plunge into her chest, and she felt total darkness come over her. It wasn't long that she felt death's sweet embrace. Her body fought off her plea for death by forcefully shoving the blade out of herself, her cells regenerating the heart tissue in rapid succession. She felt cold, but she couldn't move. Her brain was still processing what she had just done to herself. Her whole body was shut down to prevent herself from hurting herself. But she knew it was just mental. She knew it was her own mind playing tricks on herself. She could get up if she wanted to. But, she didn't want to.

She wished for death. She wanted it so badly.

But she also knew she couldn't. She was such a selfish bitch! How could she be such a piece of shit? How could she literally throw away her life when Lilia needed her? How could she have done that to her?

How could she have left Lukas when he needed her the most?

Why had she done it... why was she so... selfish.

She could feel her body start to move, slowly, her heart finally pumping blood back to her extremities. It was now that she could hear him, and as soon as his voice raised and the pitch changed, she heard his hand lift the gun. Her whole body was numb, but she had to move.

Move...

MOVE!

She jerked up, so fast, that she had even surprised herself. The bullet missed, it digging into the flipped billiard table. She found herself grabbing hold of his wrists, forcing them apart, and making him drop the gun. She wanted to look him in the face. She wanted to tell him she was sorry. She wanted to make it all go away. She wanted to fix him. To fix herself. To just... hit a huge reset button and make it all go back.

But no. She had to live with it.

"I... am a coward. But you... you are not." she muttered, holding onto him firmly, but not forcefully. He could easily flip this onto her as she leaned onto her knees, holding him. She finally moved her hands from his wrists and around of him. She embraced him.

"This won't fix it... but I am sorry. So sorry. I..." she spoke through sobs, tears staining her face again as she held onto him, her face burying into his collar bone. She breathed him in.

"I am so selfish. I don't deserve you, or Lilia, or to live... I'm a fool."

She believed every word she spoke.

She held onto him, trying to pull closer to him as she did, leaning up on her knees. As she held onto Lukas, foot steps crept into the room. Hannibal Blake had come out of hiding, and he was holding onto one of the automatic weapons one of his guards had used earlier. He had no idea how to take the safety off, though, but without that knowledge, Skyler was on the ready to pounce, her left eye glancing to the gun Lukas had in his hand just moments ago.

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 18th 2017, 2:31 pm

Drifter didn't want to shoot Skyler. He tried with all his might not to. He knew that there was a chance to save her still, and that shooting her would remove that chance from the equation. But, for only a moment, she was an anomaly. In Drifter's mind, she represented all that was wrong with his life. Every unfortunate situation, every fault put on him, every person that had wronged him. To live on, to stop this pain in his mind, he had to remove the anomaly. No matter what logic he used to reason with himself, the compulsion was stronger. She had to go in that moment, but not in the next..

She embraced him, and his nerves calmed. She had avoided his deadly shot, and thank God she did. The bullet would have killed even her, spiraling out into her body on impact and latching onto anything it could. Luckily that didn't happen though. Instead, the two weeped in each others arms. Lukas couldn't help but sob, the stress of the situation overcoming him. He held Skyler tightly, holding on for dear life.

"I'm........ I'm so sorry. I'm a freak.... I didn't.... I didn't mean to, Sky." Drifter said, only now pulling back for the woman. He wiped the tears from her face, taking in the sight of her. He couldn't find the words to how he felt, so he didn't say anything. They both understood, he knew it.

That's when Drifter heard footsteps down the hall, and knew it could only be one person. Lukas heard the click of a large weapon being carried, quite clumsily in fact. As soon as the realization hit him, Lukas was on his feet, and Blake was in the room.

Lukas raised his gauntlet, firing a single shot at the quite visible mag of the weapon. The idea was to both decommission the weapon, and cause it to explode. Unfortunately, Drifter likely wouldn't be able to achieve this before getting shot. He just hoped it hit him in his chest, instead of his head.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2017, 6:38 pm

She would just gently shush him, rocking with him as she stayed coiled within his grasp.

"We'll make them pay..." she said, looking dead eyed at Hannibal Blake as he fumbled with the weapon. He finally figured out how to turn off the safety, his hands trembling as he held onto it in a very amateur fashion.

Skyler, having been through enough emotional trauma for one day, was three steps ahead of the game. She would stand almost immediately with Lukas, his gauntlet letting out a single round just as Blake squeezed the trigger of the automatic machine gun. She would pull Lukas toward her and downward, the force keeping his head and torso from being riddled with bullets. He got hit in the right shoulder, however, and a few shots right through the upper arm. Skyler's back would be riddled with the bullets, but they weren't anti-meta. They were simply military grade, and her body could recover from them easily enough.

As she moved with Drifter, she stumbled forward, protecting him with her whole body as the gun exploded, sending more rounds exploding from the magazine. Blake was immediately knocked backward, a round digging straight up through his left shoulder.

Blood splattered on the ceiling and wall behind of him, but he was still alive. Skyler would take a deep breath as soon as the chaos settled and she knew that they were safe... for now.

"Don't move." She said, sitting up as she straddled his waist. Her body was already forcing the bullets out of her own flesh as it repaired itself.

Lukas, on the other hand, had just lost mobility in his right arm. She would rip at the hoodie sleeve, the sheer force getting it off of him without an issue.

"I always forget how fragile you are." she said, in a rushed but hushed tone.

She would then stuff his mouth with the hoodie sleeve and look at him apologetically. "This is gonna hurt." she said, shifting her thigh to mobilize his arm, pin his free one, and then bare her entire weight down on him.

She wasn't superhumanly strong, but she knew she was capable of keeping him down long enough to get these bullets out.

She would use her bare fingers and dig, attempting reduce any further damage that had already been caused by the gun shot wound. She was sure he was in pain, but this was the best course of action short of a hospital, and she had a feeling neither of them would look good going into a hospital like this right now.

-My DeviantArt-
Bad Things JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top