The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:04 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Taliesin
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Matthew Harmon I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Matthew Harmon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matthew Harmon Empty Matthew Harmon

Post by Xakire December 30th 2016, 2:25 am

Matthew Harmon

The Viscount Harmon

The Bio

Title: The Viscount Harmon
Renegade Name: Remus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race and Ethnicity: ¾ English, ¼ Swedish (Caucasian)
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 1.87cm

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Matthew believes in Order and the Greater Good above all. He believes that in many situations the ends justify the means. He is extremely intelligent but also typically shy and quiet to those he doesn’t know. He is a pragmatist and sees things as they (or how he perceives things) are and is also a collectivist putting the group, be it his country or whatever affiliation he currently serves before himself.
The Story

Matthew Harmon was born in 1998, London, England to a wealthy noble family. His father held the title Viscount Harmon, a title bestowed on his family during the Seven Years War after his ancestor proved himself as an invaluable Admiral, fighting against the French.

Matthew’s family was very powerful and successful and his father is the Secretary of State for Defence in the United Kingdom’s cabinet and his mother is a partner at a major London law firm.

Matt excelled at school in most subjects but he was often bullied because of his weaker physical strength. As the bullying worsened he told his father who at the time was a Colonel in the British Special Air Service and he trained his son in Krav Maga to defend himself. Eventually, Matthew became quite skilled at the brutal martial art.

One day at school a group of bullies went to beat up Matthew but he defended himself using the Krav Maga that he had been taught. Unfortunately this put three of the bullies in hospital and Matthew and his family was sued for assault. Matthew’s mother was able to keep the brief legal battle quiet with her influence quiet and away from the media and was able to get Matthew of all charges.

When Matthew graduated school he went on to university and began studying law himself. He also continued training in Krav Maga and was very good at it. On his 18th Birthday, he was travelling in Russia when his plane was shot down over the Ural mountains. There were very few survivors of the crash but Matthew was among them. The survivors were taken to an old Soviet Gulag that had been taken over by a rogue sect of the Russian Military. The Gulag was largely lawless and the guards did very little to keep the prisoners safe or in line, only acting to keep anyone from leaving the Gulag. Various factions ran different areas of the gulag and fights were common. Matthew befriended a small group in the Gulag who kept to themselves but we're very good at defending themselves against attacks. They helped train Matthew in other martial arts to help defend themselves. They eventually learned that the people behind the gulag were running sick experiments on the prisoners and they also soon found out that they had been distributing non-firearm weapons among the gulag randomly as they were looking for the strongest survivors to experiment on. Matthew and his group managed to find several swords and they again trained Matthew with them and he became very good at sword fighting as well.

Eventually Matthew and his group planned an escape via a plane that would come in to the gulag once a month. They needed the plan because the gulag was sounded by the inhospitable terrain of Siberia. The plan failed and the entire group was captured and sent to be experimented on. It was here that they realised they were trying to build an army of Metahumans but 98% of test subjects died in the experiment designed to insert Metahuman genes and powers into the subjects. Matthew watched one by one as his friends died painfully in the experiments before it was finally his turn. He survived the experiment and came out with new abilities. He was stronger and more agile than he once was and quickly realised that his intelligence had increased substantially.

With his new abilities, Matthew managed to escape the gulag after a year of imprisonment and was rescued by a Siberian farmer after three days of barely surviving the Siberian winter, a feat only possible because of his enhanced endurance. After healing, he traveled to Sweden where he lived for a two years under an assumed name. He used his new abilities to become a vigilante, fighting crime where he could and even thwarting an assassination attempt on Princess Kristina. After that he became friends with the princess and later joined her protection detail.

After living in Sweden for two years, Matthew traveled to Eastern Europe as a volunteer to fight in a violent conflict. He became like a brother with a Belarusian Metahuman named Leonid Pavlov and they fought together for a year in Eastern Europe. Near the end of the war, Leonid and Matthew had a disagreement over a strategy in one of the final battles. The fight became violent and Leonid seriously injured Matthew and left him to die.

After been betrayed by the man who was like a brother to him, Matthew finally returned home to London after 4 years missing with no contact with any friend or family. He kept much of what had happened in the 4 years a secret and said that he was held captive for all those 4 years. He also kept his new abilities secret from everyone and at night he would go and fight crime as a vigilante using the name Remus as he likened Leonid’s betrayal of Matthew to that of the Roman legend of Romulus and Remus.

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Agility
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

Matt got his powers from having Meta-Human genes inserted into him in an experiment by a rogue sect of the Russian military.

Enhanced Intelligence: Matthew poses intelligence far beyond that of a normal human being. He uses these skills to form tactics and strategies and understand how a person thinks and fights. As a result of his enhanced intelligence, Matthew is able to process time differently and other information at speeds far exceeding that of a normal human allowing him to process it so it appears to move slowly. This allows him to concentrate and slow his perception of time giving him an edge when it comes to things like avoiding attacks.

Adaptive Muscle Memory: He also has shown that he can learn new skills more easily and can speak eight languages fluently (English, Russian, German, Swedish, French, Spanish, Italian and Arabic). He can easily remember new skills when he sees them allowing him to learn things such as new combat techniques easily after just watching it be demonstrated.

Enhanced Physical Conditioning: Matthew’s physical abilities were augmented to the point that he possess physical strength about twice that of a human at peak strength. He also has greater endurance than a normal human and is capable of surviving about seven days without water and four weeks without food. He can also hold his breath for about five minutes and can withstand more pain for longer than normal humans. His agility was also enhanced allowing him to move easier than normal humans with a combination of enhanced balance, bodily coordination, speed, reflexes as well as his enhanced strength and endurance.

Superior Martial Arts Skills: While in Siberia, Matthew trained in various martial arts and became highly skilled in them. He particularly skilled at Krav Maga and Sambo. He also became proficient in sword fighting.

The Weaknesses

Mostly Human: Aside from his enhanced abilities, Matthew is still a human and can be harmed just like normal humans.

Erratic Opponent's: Matthew tends to be very good at predicting his opponents moves and figuring out what the best move is. Although this is very useful, it means that Matthew struggles against erratic and unpredictable  opponents who don't follow logical steps.

Friends: Matthew is very loyal and will do just about anything for his friends and those is is close too.

Difficult Personality: Matthew can be hard to get along with a first and has trouble forming relationships but when he does he tends to keep them.

The Items

Submachine Gun: Matthew often uses submachine guns in combat, most often using an MP5 or P90.

Dual Pistols: Matthew normally uses either a Glock or P99 as his pistol and often dual wields.

Swords: Matthew carries two combat swords that he had custom made which he carries on his back and is very skilled at using.

The Minions

N/A

The Fluff

I wasn't quite sure where to put this but The Fluff should do. Can I please get a name change to Matthew Harmon? I registered with my OOC name that I use before I had came up with a name. Also, I haven't put an image in because this is on my phone which I can't get images into posts from so when I get on PC I'll add an image, I hope this is ok.

The RP Sample

From a Star Trek RP site I am a member of:

[Armory]

“I want every phaser manually inspected and tested,” James ordered a number of security crewmen. “And you,” James pointed to a petty officer sitting at a desk, “Get me a list of everyone who's not up to date with their phaser qualifications.” While medical was getting ready for the upcoming conference on Trill and the other departments were settling in and doing their thing, James had been running around making sure all the tactical systems were online and running as efficiently as possible. He ran through making a mental checklist of what he had done and what he still needed doing, Torpedo inspection, check, shield maintenance, check, small arms inspections, in progress, work out who needs to re-qualify for using phasers, in progress, phaser array inspections...not checked, rousing speech to Sec/Tac department…I’ll come back to that one.. Once James was satisfied the crew in the Armory had the tasks given to them under control he left and headed for the Phaser Bank Systems.

[Phaser Bank Systems - Deck 10]

=/\= Leftenant Hawk to leftenant Orpran, please report to main engineering. I need you to co-ordinate with the engineers to help integrate the new phasers. I want them properly integrated with the rest of the ship so they are operating at maximum efficiency ASAP =/\=

James wanted to be sure the Tempest was ready for anything, he didn’t want to be responsible for some unfriendly Klingon pirates or whatever catching the Tempest with its pants down. Not only was did Tactical have to make sure the phaser arrays were perfectly calibrated but they needed to make sure the newer weapons worked smoothly with the older technology of the ship. “Ensign, come over here,” James said in a serious but not unfriendly tone to a young female human, “Give us a hand with calibrating the phasers will you?” The young ensign scurried over to James and they started working on calibrating the phasers. James could tell it was going to be a tough job getting Tactical systems fully operational.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Xakire
Xakire

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-03-05

Back to top Go down

Matthew Harmon Empty Re: Matthew Harmon

Post by The Bolt January 12th 2017, 9:33 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top