The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_vote_lcapAnother shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_voting_barAnother shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_vote_lcapAnother shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_voting_barAnother shot to dull the pain [Malus] I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Another shot to dull the pain [Malus]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] Empty Another shot to dull the pain [Malus]

Post by Charlatan November 30th 2015, 8:57 pm

Pat felt raw, as if a hand had punched through his chest and torn everything that the fingers could touch out with great violence. Just thinking of anything else except the color of blood was difficult for at least a day, leaving him debilitated as he lay on his bed, curling up into a ball, as small as he could make himself with knees pulled against his chest. Eventually he came out of this, managing to roll off his bed, landing on the floor with a soft thump as his mind slowly moved towards food and how it would help with that low hollow feeling within his gut. It was small, and yet he knew starving himself would do no good. Despite how crushing this feeling was, food was something that he needed to eat. It would have been selfish to do otherwise, especially considering how his friend must feel with recent developments.

A friend was in the hospital, likely to die and then there was now blood on his hands. Just the thought of it sent a pang through him, reminding him of that empty hole that had been violently torn out. Dressed in nothing more than a pair of boxers, he lazily made his way out of his bedroom into the kitchen, hazel eyes scanning the room until they fell upon the fridge. There had to be something in there that he could eat, granted cooking was not on his schedule for the moment. Opening the dinged white door, he looked around until deciding upon eggs for his meal, taking out three and deciding scrambled eggs sounded good enough. They were easy and the only person he knew that could cook was pretty preoccupied with their being in a coma. The smell was nothing impressive, but it did look like something that he could eat.

Once cooked he scraped it all on a plate and finished it off with an admirable speed. From there his mind drew a blank on what he should do, in fact he had no idea what he should be doing beyond the plan of moping when he wasn't working. Which reminded him that tomorrow was one of those days, an annoyance but something that he had to do if he didn't want to be on the street. A part of him wondered if there was something that he could do beyond the moping, as that would have been more misery heaping upon him, a prospect that did not sound so appealing. Running his fingers through his messy medium brown hair, he ran through the things that could be done. There was of course drinking, but drinking alone invited more of what he was trying to avoid.

That was when his mind fell on a bar/ club thing that was strangely enough within walking distance. Originally he just liked the look of where his apartment was, but maybe that was a perk within itself when he thought back to it. "I wonder what Matt would say about it." He muttered to himself with a slight huff, hands rested on his hip, lips stuck out slightly in a pouting fashion while he pondered that. Unfortunately he did not have the reading abilities that his friend did when it came to understanding what someone would do. "Might tell me to go out or whatever. No harm in trying anyway." Worst thing that could happen was that he got wasted and ended up puking his guts up, or he was left dead in the gutter, which did not sound so good at all. Regardless, he would try to have a good time at any rate.

First was finding out what time it was, so he didn't end up going too early to anything. Luckily his room had a digital clock which read around 6 something in the afternoon, which explained why the sun was already beginning to go down. For clothing he picked something simple, a pair of tan looking shorts, and a baseball shirt, one with light blue sleeves and the rest a gray color. Not exactly looking fashionable, but then again not as if he was trying to impress anyone with how he looked. Well he may have been, but that wasn't exactly anything that Pat would admit openly, because that was how it worked. Maybe this night would help him forget, even if for only a few hours. If only it was that easy, and yet that was more wishful thinking on his end.

After making sure he wasn't producing any offensive odors, Pat was out into the slightly chilly night air. It was nothing uncomfortable, but it did manage to make him shiver a little. Being a cold natured person tended to make the cold itself feel more intense than usual, which made just walking around in it not his favorite thing to do. The walk time itself was around ten minutes, and there he was standing before the place. It had a nice name, something punny and slightly suggestive that didn't quite find itself committed to his memory. Stepping through, the scene itself was nice, had a certain charm to it that made him wonder why he didn't bother going here more often. Gay club it was not, but then again this night wasn't really geared towards carnal pursuits like that, unless getting plastered was considered carnal.

His drink of choice, well he didn't even bother remembering that beyond the fact that it tasted strong, enough to make him feel as if he were going to gag. Apparently acquired tastes were bullshit, or he was a pussy as his brother would so eloquently put it from time to time. Settling down at the bar itself on one of the stool, he just let his eyes survey the place, sighing to himself as he considered everything going on around him with a silent disinterest.  

Hopefully this night would get better at some point, though something told him it would only get worse.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] Empty Re: Another shot to dull the pain [Malus]

Post by Chellizard December 1st 2015, 1:30 am

After being robbed, not so blindly, but very much annoyingly, Malus thought it wise to get out of Chicago for a while.

The plane he had taken out of the city took him straight to Los Angeles. He had pre-booked a hotel suite here, and wanted nothing more than to see what was going on in society. Being tucked into a box where you cannot be reborn for almost a month was annoying.

He packed light, and was really here to just hit a few clubs and unwind. It had been too long since his last hook up.

"Don't you look devilishly handsome," he said, his voice rumbling in his chest as he eyed himself in the mirror. He was checking himself in the mirror of a car as he made his way down the street. The sun was just setting as he walked, looking for smaller places with not too many people. Most of the clubs were packed, but there were a few smaller ones. Malus finally just picked the one that looked to be in the 'nicer' neighborhood closer to his hotel.

He would just fly back to his hotel if he didn't feel like walking back.

Dressed in a white button down with rolled sleeves, and beneath that a tighter tee shirt, Malus left the buttoned shirt open, giving a nice view of his torso through the undershirt. His lower half donned a pair of slender jeans that hugged him in all the right places, and his feet were tucked into a pair of higher quality leather boat shoes. He looked 'on-point' or something related.

Grinning at himself one more time, he winked, and then made his way into the club. The scene was alive, and the people made it so. Bodies moved against each other to song after song, both live and from a juke box. The live bands would take breaks between each set, and the jukebox would get played in between. It was quite nice, really. Beelining for the bar, Malus sullied up to the counter and leaned there for a moment before waved a crisp hundred dollar bill up between his forefinger and thumb. Waving it gently, the bartender was drawn down to him.

"I need something strong, fruity, and with a hint of 'I'm into you for you, not just your amazing face and rockin body." Smirking, Malus winked at the bartender - whether the man was straight or gay - and settled onto the bar stool. Malus was now on the prowl.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] Empty Re: Another shot to dull the pain [Malus]

Post by Charlatan December 1st 2015, 2:30 am

Something about a club always held this infectious energy to it, not that he would get up and dance along yet it did get his foot tapping against the floor along to the beat. This was supposed to be a night to unwind, something that he likely desperately needed considering this week and how it seemed to be going. The bartender seemed nice, and if they kept the drinks coming he would keep the money flowing towards them. A wonderful economy they had going on there. Letting the clear drink swirl around within the glass before lifting it up, throwing the drink back as the bitter taste washed over his tongue.

No matter how much he drank, the initial reaction tended to be the same whenever he drank anything strong. Something flavorful would have been really nice, but he chose something that got the job done instead. Letting a sigh slip out, Pat let his eyes follow the bartender as they seemed to be drawn to another patron. Someone waving around what looked like a hundred dollar bill, quite the surprise when he thought about it. "Wow, that doesn't seem like something someone should just wave around." He muttered slightly interested in this person, if only through curiosity.

The quip was admittedly funny, enough so that he couldn't help but chuckle when that was said. There was something slightly interesting about them, maybe it was the way they held themselves or something along those lines. Confidence was after all an interesting thing, so it naturally drew someone as unconfident to him. Unconfident may not even be a real word. but it was something that appeared right within his own mind. Resting his elbow on the bar table, he sort of turned towards the male with a single raised brow.

Maybe this could be an excuse not to be so mopey, as that would have made the whole going out to club thing moot. However, getting himself into the whole socialization thing started was the one hurdle that he was not sure how to go about doing that. "Hey, consider that drink on me." Pat said with a small smirk and a wave, sliding a bill to the bartender.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 2nd 2015, 3:30 am

Long, slender fingers moved through thick dark brown locks of hair as Malus waited for his drink. The bartender gave no real emotion back to his wink, but that wasn't what made Malus turn his head. Another soul perched at the bar, a very cute soul, offered to buy that fruity drink for him. Grinning, Malus stood, stepped four paces down, and sat himself in the spot directly next to the man.

Offering his right hand, he softened his expression and just barely showed his teeth with his smile.

"Mm-... Marcus. My name's Marcus," he said, almost giving away his very odd, very strange name.

It wasn't too far off from his real name, so he felt it was appropriate. Still had an M, and of course, the strong hiss at the end.

"And you are?" He asked, shifting in his seat so he could rest his knees a bit better - being tall sucked when your knees rubbed against the back of the bar.

After getting his hand back from the shake, he slid the money he had pulled out of his wallet back into place next to other crisp bills. His obsessive compulsive disorder made him this way - always keeping properly clean money. He wasn't too crazy with his OCD, but he did have a few issues when it came to the condition. He blamed being blown to bits by someone he thought he loved. He knew now more than ever that the love he had was a sham, and would never look at a woman with lust again. His heart had been so brutally torn apart, and he was not about to let it happen again.

So, instead of letting a woman get the better of him, he chose to get the better of a man. Malus turned his smoldering auburn hues toward Pat again, offering a half smile that only made his dimples look even more refined.

"What brings you to a place like this? Same as me?" he asked, raising a brow curiously.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 2nd 2015, 4:07 am

Alright Pat, you can do this. Just deep breaths and acts as calmly as possible, don't look like some kind of dork. He thought to himself, realizing that he was rather rusty when it came to the casual flirting circuit. Honestly, he never got used to that, so this was more an attempt than guaranteed success. They then turned towards him, Pat's smirk morphed into a small smile. Looking up to the bartender, they took the bill pushed towards them and began work on that fruity drink that this unknown interesting male had ordered. Something about their expression softened, as the hand was extended towards him.

Taking the social que, he extended his own hand and shook it as he expected considering that was just an expected. As for a name, well before he could garner up the courage to ask, they took the first step. Marcus, it was a name that Pat could dig. "Marcus? Nice name you got there. I'm Patrick, but most people just call me Pat." It was shorter and Patrick just felt so painfully formal. Actually, thinking about someone calling him that made him cringe, even if only slightly. From what he could tell they were about the same height, though maybe this guy was a little taller than him. Not that he minded someone being taller than him, there was no problem with that at all.

Drawing his hands back from the shake, he took notice of how warm they were. The intensity of the heat reminded him of a friend before, they were pretty warm when he thought about it. This whole scenario was an interesting one really, or maybe an unusual one for him. In fact, something about their gaze had a certain smoldering quality to it that naturally caught his eyes. Wow Pat, you're hopeless. He berated himself internally, realizing that same squeezing sensation was present within his chest.

"Depends on why you're here." He responded, resting shifting his weight ever so slightly. "For me, just thought I should get out, maybe enjoy the nightlife a little. Get a drink, and see what happened from there." It wasn't entirely a lie, which was why it flowed so easily from his tongue. "What about you?"
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 8th 2015, 11:00 pm

Malus felt as if he could connect with anyone, at any given moment, and his confidence was only boosted more when Pat took his hand and shook it. His little grin got wider in response to the gesture. Malus could feel his own hand's warmth envelope Pat's as if asserting a subconscious dominance over their greeting.

"Ah~. Pat. I'm assuming Patrick is just too formal for you?" he asked, noticing the bartender place his extra fruity drink in front of him. Malus let out an audible coo as he pulled the glass toward himself and took a gulp from the straw nestled into the intoxicating liquid.

As he took his gulp, he kept his attention on Pat. Those smoldering auburn hues of his bore into Pat's, almost as if he was looking directly into the man's soul. Nodding after swallowing, he made a little 'mmn' sound to agree with Pat's reason for being here in the first place.

"Mmn. If you've never had one of these, I suggest you try it," he said, taking another swig before waving the bartender down and pointing at his glass - now half empty - indicating he needed another one already.

"Drinking alone is boring. Glad I bumped into you. I was going to pursue this night in hopes of meeting a few people. I'm not normally in Los Angeles. Just, my home was robbed a few days ago and I decided to take my leave for a miniature vacation. It's not ideal, the place I'm staying, but it has a bed, and room service." Malus went on, his voice rumbling over the rim of his glass as he spoke.

He clutched the glassware, holding it to him as he took sips every so often now, savoring the flavors. He enjoyed being drunk, but maybe he wouldn't get white-boy wasted tonight. Maybe he would try to only get semi-drunk. Just maybe.

Off in the corner of the club stirred a commotion. A few men started to argue quite loudly, making sure to draw just enough attention to themselves. A shriek from a woman, then a glass shattering on the floor. Malus had to admit - he was glad he took tonight to prowl the club scene.

"I wonder how often fights like that occur," he commented, nudging Pat to look over at the noisy corner.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 8th 2015, 11:27 pm

"Something like that." He said with a small nod. It appeared that they had a similar opinions on that, or maybe they were more observant than he had expected. Not that he was sure what to expect in the first place, beyond the fact that they were some cute guy he met in a night club. Honestly, he didn't know them well enough to make any assumptions and so Pat would be sure to avoid making any, or at the very least try to. Those were always the things that he tended to make best.

Their reason seemed similar to his. Drinking alone was always so boring, and tended to be depressing as well, something that he would want to avoid now of all times. Just thinking about it made his stomach sink slightly. They mentioned something about not normally living in LA but something changed that rather quickly. Just thinking about the fact that someone could rob his poor little apartment just as easy as that was enough to make him shudder. Not that he had much to steal, but there was always some asshole willing to try. Considering just trying something new, he looked to the bartender.

"I'll have one of whatever he's having." As always he had a certain timidness about him. Nothing overbearing, but anyone with a keen eye could likely see it. From what he could tell, they were staying at some kind of hotel, room service sounding pretty nice when he thought about it. Beat the hell out of whatever cold thing he had waiting for him in his fridge, though more than anything that made him wish he bothered to learn how to cook. The only person he knew that could was Matt and they were sort of indisposed due to comas.

"It was robbed? Sorry to hear that." His tone was sympathetic, even if he could not relate with the feeling of being robbed. Sometimes life just seemed to give him some handouts.

He was faintly aware of the commotion going on, but for the most part it didn't feel like his business. There was that part of him that wanted to do something, however that part was small enough to ignore. It was the nudge that sort of forced him to actually look over there, a shriek and the sound of glass shattering not helping. "Not too often actually. Usually people just get drunk and do their thing, though there are the occasional fights that break out. Normally something like that gets broken up though." He mentioned keeping an eye on what was happening, while noting that the drink he ordered was here.

Taking a slightly curious sip, he found that it wasn't too bad at all. Was certainly something that he would want to try again and again. Letting the liquid swirl around in the glass, his breath came in a soft hiss through his nostrils. "You're not thinking about trying to do anything about it are ya?" A slight teasing jab, but it was something he sort of wanted to do.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 12th 2016, 11:15 pm

Malus could feel the sympathy oozing from Pat as he spoke about the robbery. A small smirk laced over Malus' lips and he feigned away, looking down into his drink. The ice cubes made the glass sweat, forcing condensation to cool his grip. His palms were usually abnormally hot, so he was thankful for this cold glass in his clutch.

"I appreciate that. It's not often I can openly talk about my personal life with strangers and get real sympathy." Malus chuckled and waved the barkeep down, and flashed two fingers then pointed at his drink, and then Pat's.

Pulling on the straw, Malus sucked up the rest of his drink and pushed it and it's coaster closer to the edge of the bar for the bartender to grab when swapping out his drink for a new one.

It wasn't too busy, but it wasn't exactly dead at this time of night. Malus took a few moments to just sit and listen to the music, and the commotion behind of him before turning to Pat's question.

"Oh hell no." he started, almost choking on a bit of spit he intended to swallow. Just the question caught him off guard entirely.

Malus was the opposite of a hero. He wasn't even close to being a scum of the earth, either. But, if history has taught him anything, it's to not get involved with girls and their need for attention. Or men that find it fun to pick on girls. Or any kind of confrontation to begin with.

Shaking his head, he waved his hands and then made a time-out motion.

"Look, I'm not the hero type. I'm not gonna risk my own beautiful self to save the princess. Plus, mine's in another castle." He said, winking toward Pat with his really bad, but adorable video game pun.

Just as he winked, their drinks arrived, being set back down on the coasters in front of them.

Another shot to dull the pain [Malus] Tumblr_nkk46biWG11unbsixo1_540

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 13th 2016, 5:13 pm

A sympathetic spirit he was, even if he barely knew the person he was dishing out the sympathy for. "Some people are like that I guess." He mentioned with a shrug, and in a sense that was true. Some people didn't want to be bothered with being nice, or even decent. Sometimes they just roamed bars with one thing in mind, that not being pleasant conversation by any stretch of the imagination if he knew anything about anything.

As for the problem not so far from him, honestly Pat would have been fine having nothing to do with it. Guys in bars tended to be dicks, it was the hazard of going out to drink rather than just staying at home to do it. Not like he was some kind of hero or anything. If his ability to read people was worth anything, well this guy was likely not one of them either. Granted, he was nowhere as good at that than Matt was, so not like there would be any surprise there. Pat just thought of himself getting better at the whole thing.

Their response to his question more than anything amused him.A large grin split his lips as they gave the hell no response, a small chuckle following as he rested a single elbow on the bar. "Fair enough." He said, chuckling pettering out, clink of his drink being set down catching his eyes. They won points with the Mario reference, if anything that was something he could give the guy. Picking up his drink, he swirled the liquid around before taking a sip of it. Tasted pretty nice, enough so that he wouldn't mind having another one of them if that was what the night had in store. Honestly, he had poor expectations but things were going really well.

While he may have not thought of himself to be a princess, that would have been reading too much into the statement. Pat wanted to think of a clever response, but he found his brain failing him in that regard, leaving him chewing on his lower, looking rather awkward considering normally this was the time one made a sly comment. That was his own personal opinion anyway, as that could not always be the case. "With the promise of cake I hear." Was that coming on too strong? Did he sound like a weird. He thought about that and he nearly choked on his drink. "Wow, that sounded much better in my head." He laughed, his tone likely conveying the awkwardness.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 13th 2016, 7:10 pm

Malus chuckled after taking another drink and sat his glass back on the table. Droplets slid down the sides of the glass and pooled around the base, leaving a nice little ring on the coaster. Malus' warm hands had already dried up the moisture that was present, leaving his hands dry and warm.

"Ahahaha~. I'm a fan of cake." He commented, being literal and a bit playful.

Malus heard the commotion die down as a couple bouncers forced the men to leave the bar. Luckily for Malus and Pat, they would not have to save the day today. As if he would even attempt to do so. Malus was definitely only out for himself. Himself, and anyone he found beneficial to himself.

At this very moment in time, Malus was sure that Pat was getting farther and farther to the top of his priority list. Grabbing his beverage again, he took another swallow and made an almost purr like noise as he sighed in delight.

"Look, I'm not really one for one night stands, but are you into that? Cause this place is fun and all, but you and I both know there's chemistry." Straight and to the punch, Malus flashed a smug grin at Pat, waiting for an answer.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 13th 2016, 7:51 pm

His little unintentional double entendre didn't go as badly as his mind made it seem, so he was pleased with the result anyway. Regardless, the tension that came along with it was not exactly something that faded away at the drop of a hat, as much as Pat wanted that to be the case. In an attempt to do so, his mind jumped to the commotion that had died down thanks to the handy dandy bouncers that made sure the rowdy man had been thrown out. That was when his mind returned to the male, and then it leapt to other thing entirely, leaving him slightly awkward.

Hopefully they weren't some kind of telepath, as that would have been...well something anyway. Something about them was sensual in a way he couldn't quite describe, in an almost alien fashion considering his friends. That was when the question about one night stands came up, leaving him surprised more than anything. being in the middle of his drink made it all the more awful when he nearly choke him once again. For a few moments he felt the burn at the back of his throat as he contemplated how he would exactly answer that.

"I...i'm not exactly one for them either actually." He admitted, wondering if that made him lame or something else entirely, granted the guy also wasn't one for them. It might have just been smooth wordplay, afterall he just met him anyway. The fact they thought there was Chemistry was something that made all of this easier, though he couldn't exactly spot any kind of chemistry if there was any. "Though as fun as sitting around and drinking is, I guess we could um...bounce or whatever." Playing suave wasn't exactly his thing, looked more like this guys so he would leave that to Marcus.

Taking one last gulp of his drink, he set the glass down and mentally assessed his own sobriety. A few years of drinking had hardened him enough that he could probably function right now, which was all he needed. "So is the next question your place or mine?"
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 15th 2016, 2:34 am

Malus finished off his drinks, feeling a buzz sneaking up on him. He felt fuzzy, and warm. Warmer than normal. He had to be careful, though, because getting drunk could mean accidental usage of his powers. He had many, many years and experiences under his belt but he had been trapped in a small, metal box for almost a month. He wanted so badly to talk about his experience with someone, but all he could do was use the real experiences as fake metaphors for his emotional stability.

He was somewhat stable, emotionally, yet sometimes he just felt lost. Right now? He was the opposite of lost. He felt he had finally found someone to connect with. At least on one level a relationship is built on.

It felt that way, just before Pat spoke.

"You know... Let's just go get some ice cream, and talk about something for a while. There's honestly no need to rush things. I think I'm moving out here, anyway.. and I'm horrible with people and keeping friends." Malus gushed as he stood up from the bar, standing just around the same height as Pat.

Malus started for the door, leading the way out.

"And, when we're out of this crowded place, I think I'll feel a little less claustrophobic."

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 15th 2016, 3:24 am

His question was more due to the fact he had no idea what to do, if only because this situation was a whole new one. That being said he was not quite expecting what the male said, which was something along the lines of getting ice cream instead of whatever his mind had imagined. It would be nice to spend some time with a pretty attractive guy, nothing that he would really be against. They could talk, eat ice cream and just talk about things for a while, which beat the hell out of a soulless hook up like what many people would expect right about now. Divergences from expectations were things that he enjoyed, so he would go along with it. "Ya know what? That sounds like a pretty cool idea to me." He said, standing up and making note of the fact they were about the same height.

That ended up being something that went through his mind and was quickly forgotten about. Next came actually thinking of a place that was still open where one could get quality ice cream, or  not shitty ice cream anyway. His mind ran over all of the places he knew, and in fact there was one not too far from here. When he wasn't working, drinking or whatever it was he did, that was one of the places he liked to go to. They would stand up, and lead the way out for him to follow, hands buried into his pockets. Something about venturing into the unknown always filled him with a sort of tension, one that put a sort of weight upon his chest. His eyes darted about, taking in everything as they stepped out of the club. His fingers glided over his cellphone as he removed it and  checked the time.

"Well if you're feeling ice cream, I know this place a few blocks away. Should be in walking distance if you want to do that." He offered looking to Malus to see what they would want to do. "They have a lot of flavors too, so there's probably something for you. If not....well I dunno what to say then." Pat said with a chuckle near the end.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 16th 2016, 3:18 am

"Fuck yes! Point for me for thinking up a cool idea!" Malus said, grinning bigger if he possibly could. He stood up from the bar and adjusted his shirt, smoothing the front of his button down, making sure he wasn't disheveled from hunching on the bar stool. His designer shoes clicked as he walked on the side walk, pacing a bit as he looked around. He was mainly looking to see if he could hail a cab, just when Pat mentioned it was in walking distance.

"Oh, good! Walking is good. I was going to get us a cab, but I'm actually really into walking." And he wasn't being sarcastic. Malus wanted nothing more than to walk around - being trapped in a small box was not fun, and he wished he could relate to someone on a level like that.

But, for now, he would just enjoy a night out with this Pat fella, get to know him, and maybe take him on a real date. A second date.

"So, favorite flavor - second favorite, third favorite. We name them at the same time! Go~" he said, using his hands to talk as he spoke.

"Butter pecan, strawberry, chocolate fudge," he chuckled, glancing over to Pat as they walked.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 17th 2016, 4:14 am

Something about their wide grin caused his own lips to split into a grin, as if it were infectious. That brought to mind yawning for some strange reason, but Pat didn't put too much thought into it beyond the fact that it passed through his mind. While a cab would have been nice, he preferred walking as a partial gauge to be sure he wasn't by any means tipsy. There was also that and he was just enjoying himself too much. Having someone to talk to was enough to keep him walking, even if he barely knew anything about them. "Walking...yeah walking's good." He said with a small chuckle, just noting that they weren't by any means being sarcastic about their statement, though he did find himself jarred by their sudden shift to favorite flavors.

While they could easily think up a name for flavors, Pat found himself hard pressed to actually come up with anything. "Favorite flavors? Bubble gum I guess, anything with cookie dough and chocolate. I reeeaaallly love chocolate." He admitted, managing to come up with some flavors so he didn't sound rude in their little game. Their answers came almost at the same time, but Malus' was a little before his. Maybe he was just a little more energetic about this whole thing than Pat was but that wasn't anything that he could complain about. Just as they were walking, his eyes fell upon what looked to be the place.

It was small but had a pretty nice selection, and his eyes fell upon the person behind the counter. "And here we are. It's not really big but it's got a sweet selection, probably anything you would want."
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top