The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Sunny I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Sunny I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Sunny I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Sunny I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Sunny I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Sunny I_vote_lcapSunny I_voting_barSunny I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sunny

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunny Empty Sunny

Post by Sunny May 25th 2015, 4:11 am

SUNNY
BIG FIERY JERK

Basic Biography

Hero Name: Sunny
Title: The Solar Slugger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human (White/Mediterranean)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'2
Weight: 189 lb
Blood type: AB Negative

The Looks

Stan Floros:
While in costume, Stan wears a black tshirt, black sweatpants, and a long black coat, along with black boxing shoes and his sun mask.

The Legacy

Personality: Stan is a weird combination of wide-eyed idealist and misanthropic jackass. Simply put, he is a good person, but not even remotely a nice one. Aloof on his best days and downright mean on his worst, Stan is nonetheless a true believer of a greater good, who works tirelessly to protect the innocent and is virulently opposed to killing.
If someone were to put up with Stan’s dickery long enough for him to consider them a friend, they’d notice a very subtle change in his behavior. The jabs and scathing remarks wouldn’t stop, but they’d become oddly fond; less out-and-out insults, more just really mean compliments.

History: Konstantinos “Stan” Floros was born to Greek-American parents in Santa Monica, California in 1995, surrounded by extended family. He had a relatively normal childhood, albeit one marked by a lack of both friends and privacy, until one fateful day, thirteen years after his birth, when a mugger with psychic powers forced his consciousness from his body and into another plane of existence. Several things happened at once: in the other world, Stan was attacked by some sort of energy being, while back on Earth, his metagene triggered, activating potent psychic defenses. Stan’s consciousness overpowered those of the creature and the mugger, killing both. Horrified at having taken a life, Stan vowed to gain control of his abilities and use them to protect people.

Spending the next several years training and readying himself to become a hero, Stan became a formidable kickboxer and gained some semblance of control over the strange powers the beast's death had given him. Outside of this, however, little else changed- his life remained largely unremarkable if somehow both crowded and lonely. His family's constant presence became increasingly constrictive, leading a falling out when he eventually left for college. Only his youngest sister, Katerina, remained in his life. She supported him as his best and only friend, becoming the first person he would reveal his secret to. With multiple attempts at heroics thwarted by time constraints, Stan found himself wondering if he'd ever have his chance.

That was a few years ago now. Stan's finished college and graduate school, gotten back on speaking terms with his family, and watched the world turned upside-down twice in rapid succession, first by the New York Assault, and then by the Purge. With an MA in Communications and limited prospects, a stable-but-boring job as a TA at the college he attended, Stan has decided to once again try to use his powers for good. He'd like to join a super team, for primarily to have a better support network for his heroics. How successful he'll be in either case remains to be seen, but he's damn well going to try.

Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Metagene: Stan’s metagene gives him the following powers:

• Regeneration: Stan is able to regenerate any and all lost portions of his body, though doing so takes time and requires his full attention.
  • Psychic Resilience: Stan is resistant to possession and mind control.

Psychic Link: The psychic link between Stan and the corpse of the energy being the attempted to possess him allows him to channel its energy into his dimension through his body, providing him with numerous benefits. This energy is a white light described as looking like “something between fire and plasma.” Though it produces no appreciable sensation of heat, it burns all matter it comes in contact with and inspires a visceral sense of wrongness in those observing it.

• Conduit: Stan is able to store the being’s energy within his body, slightly increasing his speed and strength. Additionally, this energy will bleed through any break in his skin, make close combat hazardous to enemies.
  • Energy Bursts: After building up an appreciable amount of energy within his body, Stan can violently release a portion of it, at the cost of some part of his body, usually his eyes or fingers. This ability functions as a release of pressure; as such, he must regenerate whatever body part was destroyed before he can do so again. This means that there is a cooldown between blasts, varying from roughly twenty seconds for eye blasts to several minutes for a full/partial limb.
  • Energy Being Physiology: Likely the most powerful ability afforded by the psychic link, Stan is able to temporarily manifest portions of the energy being’s body as extensions of his own, at the cost of destroying the corresponding part of his body. He can, in a pinch, obliterate his physical form, completely assuming that of the energy being, provided he has some physical object to anchor it to. Stan can fire energy blasts similar to his pressure release attack from any transformed part of his body, though they are substantially more controlled. The energy being’s body is immune to physical attacks. Regeneration of his physical form following a full transformation is hyper-accelerated; regrowing his entire body only takes about a minute, but he's out of the running for at least half a day after doing so, and won't be back at full capacity for another two, at least.

Kickboxing: Stan is an experienced kickboxer from several years of club participation. He utilizes this training in combat, preferring it and small energy bursts over broader uses of his psychic link.

Weaknesses

Active vs Passive: Stan cannot passively regenerate his body; he must devote his full attention to doing so, leaving him open to attack. When regenerating a large portion of his body after a large-scale transformation, he is completely defenseless. Regeneration is also exceptionally tiring for Stan; regrowing a whole limb more than twice in rapid succession is enough to put him down for several hours, at least.

Link Limits: Stan’s link with the energy being is imperfect. He cannot maintain manifestations of its body for very long; a single limb can last up to half an hour, but a full-body transformation lasts five minutes, max. Full body transformations also bring the risk of dispersion; if he exceeds the time limit without beginning to regenerate, or if his anchor is destroyed, his consciousness will disperse, killing him.

Still Squishy: Stan is no more durable than an average human. Additionally, while he is in exceptionally good physical condition and receives slight boosts to speed & strength while channeling the being’s energy, his physical abilities are solidly within the range of normal humans.

Shit Hurts!: Every single active application of Stan’s psychic link causes him serious physical harm. Should he be too tired to regenerate these injuries at the end of a fight, it is conceivable that he might die from them.

Good Guy, Bad Powers: Stan may not be a nice person, but he’s a good one. The inherently destructive nature of his psychic link powers makes them difficult to apply outside of combat and almost guarantees massive collateral damage. For these reasons, he is hesitant to use them, even in the heat of combat.

Energy: Stan is susceptible to energy based attacks; in his human form, they do not trigger his energy bleed, and can even damage his energy body.

Charge Capacity: While channeling the beings energy, Stan cannot control the rate at which it flows into his body, and must occasionally vent some or risk injury.

RP Mechanics

Unlikeable: Stan’s abrasive personality and rather frightening powers make working on teams difficult for him.

Aura of Discomfort: While active, the being's energy instills a sense of discomfort in those near to Stan, the same feeling one might get if they sense they are being watched.

Luminescent: While channeling, Stan's body is illuminated from within, generating an effect similar to shining a flashlight through one's hand.
Examples:
Naturally, this isn't very good for Stan's PR, and contributes to the "actually a cosmic horror" image he tries so hard to avoid.

Items

Sun Mask:

Physical Priority
3 Agility
1 Endurance
4 Reaction
2 Strength

Colors:

Last edited by Sunny on August 16th 2016, 10:33 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Name, title, and appearance changed)
Sunny
Sunny

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 10
Job : College Student
Humor : I don't know, something about birds, probably
Registration date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Sunny Empty Re: Sunny

Post by Forceaus May 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 2nd 2015, 6:18 pm

Reapproved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion August 16th 2016, 10:07 pm

Moved for edits

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas August 16th 2016, 10:47 pm

Reapproved
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top