The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_vote_lcapSunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_voting_barSunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_vote_lcapSunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_voting_barSunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) Empty Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now)

Post by The Tech Spider May 4th 2014, 3:46 pm

Niagara Falls, New York, 10:04 AM
Tower Overlooking the Falls

Locus, or John Smith as he was going by on this trip, polarized his glasses with a simple tap to the left temple. The morning sun was bright and orange, but he didn't like squinting to see through the glare. Crowds thronged the huge balcony overlooking the river in front and the Falls to the left. Only a chest-high railing was in place to prevent people accidentally falling off to their deaths a few hundred feet below. Of course, that wouldn't stop him from, say, throwing someone over the edge or jumping off himself.

A casual look around again revealed the two men who had been following him. Both were pretty big, muscular, and trained well. He guessed they were probably cut from the same cloth as the hitmen who came after him in London, or at least hired by the same person/party. They moved steadily closer to Locus as the three continued walking to the front of the overlook.

The amnesiac metahuman noticed a particularly large group of tourists pass behind him. Since he was close to the tower poking up through the overlook at the end, he used the temporarily broken lines of sight between the tails and himself to duck forward into cover behind a corner. The lead assassin approached cautiously, unsure where exactly Locus had gone.

When he was near enough and it didn't seem as through many people were watching, Locus poked out of hiding and pointed at the man. A sphere about eight inches in diameter shot out and hit him in the chest. With all but the lower section of the sphere being intangible, it acted like a blade and easily slid right under his ribcage.

The assassin choked, blood welling up in his throat. The sphere rotated so the solid part came up behind his sternum, then moved towards the corner Locus was behind, causing the man's head to loll and his feet to drag on the pavement. Locus dismissed the sphere after dumping the assassin next to the wall before peeking back out to look at the second one.

An advanced firearm of some sort was held in his hand, though he kept it down so others wouldn't spot it. Upon getting within two meters of the corner, the assassin brought his weapon up and started to ever so slightly pull the trigger. Locus darted out of hiding and kicked the gun arm to the side, sending a silenced round into the pavement. He followed up with a swift punch to the assassin's face, which didn't seem to face him that much.

The man delivered his own kick to Locus' stomach. He stumbled and rolled back vision fuzzy from having the wind knocked out of him. He destroyed the pistol with a small sphere, and noticed that the assassin's hand was only slightly damaged. That meant he was a metahuman. Great.

Such thoughts continued to churn within his mind even as the man drew and extended a wicked-looking machete and lunged. Locus erected a sphere around himself to deflect the attack, then made it partially intangible and moved it down and forward so it was right in front of the hitman in the ground. When he took his next step, the sphere jerked up like a catapult, tossing the man into the railing and off the edge. Locus took the opportunity to jump and pull himself over the railing as well.

Meanwhile, an elderly woman back up on the overlook--one of the few who'd noticed the quick fight--blinked and gaped at the spectacle.

Back with Locus, he noticed the assassin slow his descent with thrusters in his boots, but even then he crashed through several thick tree branches and landed hard. The man rolled it off, stood, and looked back up at the tower. Just in time too, since Locus had created a sphere around himself and was accelerating towards the ground at a high velocity. The assassin rolled aside to dodge the crash.

Sphere still surrounding him, Locus formed two more and shot them at the assassin. He dodged one, only for the second to hit him in the gut. The first moved up and around to slam into the assassin's back, flooring him. The spheres shifted so they were now encasing his hands, and two more flew out to encase his feet. The four lifted him into the air so he was facing Locus.

“Mind telling me who you work for or what your name is?” Locus inquired from within his protective sphere.

“Screw you.” The assassin muttered, dirt covering half of his face.

“Wrong answer.” The sphere at the assassin's left hand moved down slightly and turned intangible in a select place so a couple fingertips were poking through. The pass-through gap closed violently, severing the upper joints. “I can do this for a few hours you know. And I know the areas of the human body most susceptible to pain, even for metahumans.”
The Tech Spider

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 19
Humor : Snark Combat
Registration date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) Empty Re: Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now)

Post by Chellizard May 4th 2014, 8:47 pm

Roaring waters stole nearly everyone's attention. Nearly everyone's, save for a lone silver haired woman tucked into the crowd on the viewing platform over Niagara Falls.

She was invisible to everyone. A lonely ghost in the background. Skyler Snowden, shadow of the world. At least, she wished that was the case. Her silver hair, now cut to just below her shoulders, was pulled back from her face. Bangs brushed her forehead and kissed her brow line. High cheek bones could cut glass, and her thick pouty lips completed her face. Now, the parts that were offputting were the bulky pirate eye patch covering her left eye. The hint of a mangled scar crawled down her cheek and up into her hairline.

Skyler had recieved this scar at the end of Dominus' reign. Her own flesh and blood, Eric, had shot her in the face after Franklin Salters injected her with a serum to reverse the effects of her metahuman gift. Rapid cellular reproduction; best summed up as regeneration. She had lived with this gift since she was a child. The power became more powerful as she aged. She had no idea how the power continued to grow as she did, but it seemed it did. Now, if she was shot and killed, she would come back. And with a week free from caring after Lilia [mainly by force] she took this chance to visit the falls before heading into Canada.

On her vacation, she checked into a vew bounties to see what was worth accepting and not for some more cash. She needed more money to buy the parts for Aiva's body. Speaking of the little devil,

"Mama! Look!" screeched a tiny hologram perched on the silver haired beauty's shoulder.

And look she did. Catching the sight of a man jumping over the railing, this had Skyler curious. Without questioning anything else, she made her way to the edge of the railing and jumped. Sliding her hands on the wall of the tower as she fell, her ESPER gloves began to store electricity from the massive amounts of friction. Just before coming into contact with the ground, she rolled and came face to face with bits of finger falling from above her.

The nano tech that makes up her boots absorbed most of the shock from the impact, and the roll she did also helped. Standing upright, she rose her right brow and wiggled her gloved hands.

"That's no way to get a man to talk," she said, looking over the man protected by a sphere of sorts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now) Empty Re: Sunrise Over the Falls (Open For Now)

Post by The Tech Spider May 5th 2014, 8:29 am

Locus drew the bolt pistol hidden in his pocket and aimed it at the newcomer to his right. In a second, the rest of the pistol had extended and activated, the end of the barrel glowing with a slight, soft light. Grey-green eyes met silver, and the former's narrowed slightly as he took in the unusual features of the stranger. It didn't look like she was wearing contacts or had dyed her hair, so the colors were natural for her. Odd, but he'd seen weirder before.

A quick look over allowed him to size up the woman pretty well: she was very well trained, had a high level of tech, and was probably a metahuman. That, and she didn't seem to be with the two hitmen, but that didn't make her any less potentially dangerous. She could be another assassin, sent to make sure he was taken out. If so, that meant they were pretty concerned about his progress; by they, he meant the people who had taken away his memories. However, he doubted that the woman was another assassin, but one couldn't be too careful.

He switched the pistol's setting to Stun with a minute twitch of his thumb and lowered it slightly.

“Yeah, maybe; torture never seems to be quite as effective as popular media portrays it,” Locus mused. “That being said, it does feel good to watch them squirm.” He looked back at the hitman, then briefly tightened his free hand's grip on the air. A fifth sphere was created and directed to go around the hitman's head, which was swiftly followed by the part around his neck solidifying, neatly decapitating him.

Locus twitched his hand. The sphere containing the hitman's head flitted away through the trees and dropped it out of sight with a muted thud. The four other spheres shifted so the man's body rotated in the air until his neck was pointed at the ground. Blood stained the dirt below, but he took no notice of that.

“So, are you also here to try and kill me?” Locus asked bluntly, pistol still aimed in the woman's general location. “Or was there yet another metahuman in the vicinity who just so happened to notice my shenanigans, hm?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cast of Characters:
Valentine Barrett
The Tech Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 5th 2014, 1:20 pm

Normally, people would assume she was just ex-military looking for more thrill. But not today. This man saw her as an actual threat. It's hard not to when you're in the middle of torturing someone and a silver haired woman interrupts you.

The moment he drew his sidearm, as did she. The higpoly revolver rested in her grip, though also looked dangerous as it aimed directly at his heart. Shoot to kill. A lesson engraved into her conscious. She was on-edge now, ready to spring and dodge anything thrown at her. Harnessing more than just her high intelligence and regeneration, she was extremely reflexive. She wasn't sure of what to think of him.

The assassin grunted in protest as these two casually carried on a staring match.

Skyler hadn't flicked the safety off yet, but when he lowered the gun, she mirrored his actions and even holstered the side arm. Proving she was not a threat should better form a thin line of trust between them. Also, it gave her time to have Aiva search his face in the registry.

She turned a bit to get a wider view of the assassin just as a fifth sphere came to take his head. She had no words for him as he spoke of torture. She just looked on, watching in silence. She did not flinch. She did not even show an ounce of emotion. All she did was look back to the killer and size him up one more time.

"Depends, are you worth killing?" she asked, shifting her fingers within the ESPER gloves. She was ready to take him down, and she had already calculated fifty-four ways to do so with her knife alone; and that didn't include using her knife to pull the trigger of her gun.

Just as he brought up the mention of another metahuman, Aiva appeared as a lifesize hologram and placed her hands on her hips.

"I'm not here to cause shenanigans." sass laced her tone, as did her body language.

"I take it you found out who this guy is?" Skyler asked with her right brow raising curiously.

"Yep! And he's worth a lot!" pointing toward him, a little holographic set of numbers popped up over his head and they kept changing. They were well over the half million mark, and that intrigued Skyler.

"Ah, interesting. So, should you tell me who you are or should I have Aiva tell me?"

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Tech Spider May 5th 2014, 1:48 pm

Locus automatically shifted his arm so the bolt pistol was aimed at the holographic projection of the AI. It's outfit was reminiscent of TRON, and the “body language” just screamed condescension and smartassery. He realized it would be foolish to try and damage the hologram in the next instant, so he moved it back to the mystery woman's center of mass. That was when the holographic numbers appeared over his head.

His eyes moved up as he looked at it. Even though it was backwards from his point of view, he could still read it. If he were a slightly wittier person who wasn't pointing a gun at someone else, he might have chuckled--the number had gone up by a few thousand since last he checked.

"Ah, interesting. So, should you tell me who you are or should I have Aiva tell me?"

Locus's gaze switched back to the woman and visibly hardened, several choice swear words flitting through his mind. He dismissed the spheres holding up the assassin's headless corpse, letting it drop to the ground in a tangle of limbs and blood.

“John Smith, obviously.” Locus said sardonically. “And I never liked smart alek AI's who rip-off TRON.” On the last syllable, he fired his bolt pistol thrice while willing the sphere surrounding him to fly backwards, hopefully allowing the trees to act as cover in case the Stun bolts didn't work. He figured the woman would resist or dodge the energy, but he didn't want to kill her. Not yet, anyway.

Last edited by BlargSpartan on May 5th 2014, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Cast of Characters:
Valentine Barrett
The Tech Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 5th 2014, 3:25 pm

Aiva, rather than being the blue hues she was, turned reddish orange and her eyes were replaced with exclamation points as soon as the weapon was turned toward her. The holographic girl then started to cry and fell to her knees dramatically.

"Please! Please don't shoot!" defensively holding her hands up to shield herself, she started to become the same cool blues she normally was.

"Come now, Aiva, that's no way to act." Skyler soothed her artificial intelligence and the holographic girl became pint sized and perched herself onto Skyler's shoulder.

"Awwwwah; fiiiine." she whined and then glanced over to see where the thud came from. Aiva finally noticed the dead assassin and gulped in fear for her mama's life.

"Don't even start your blubbering, Aiva." Mother knows best.

Turning her attention back to the man with an odd power, she gave him a curt nod. "Indeed, and I am Jane Smith. I'm sure Aiva doesn't like you either," she said with a smirk curling over her pouty lips.

Springing into action, Aiva vanished with a glitching flicker. Skyler flipped into a backhand spring and dodged two of the shots. The third she caught in the palm of her glove. The stun super charged her right glove and the energy reserves whirred to life. A slight jolt ran through her body, but lucky for her she was grounded and the stun only tickled her for a moment.

"Gonna have to try harder than that," she said, drawing her own revolver. She spun the ammunition chamber and cocked back the double hammers. A green laser then pointed to lock on to John Smith, keeping him in her line of sight.

"Shooting first is fun, isn't it?" she asked, letting a few rounds unload onto a tree he should be behind, but the forest was only getting thicker the farther he went backward.

"And to think... I was going to offer you my services," she said, grinning. It had been a long time since she enjoyed a game like this. Cat and mouse.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Tech Spider May 5th 2014, 3:56 pm

“That was only the stun setting, Jane,” Locus thumbed the HEV setting, still darting through the trees. “I have an ammo type specifically for metahumans.” As he said that, he sent a sphere about the size of a large marble to the side roughly a foot off the ground. It circled around to where it was behind 'Jane Smith', and quickly approached her.

“Shooting first is fun, isn't it?”

“Fun?” He activated his Mask, making the fabric-like material unfurl from the earpieces of his glasses and cover his face. The HUD scanned the environment and created a red outline to show where the woman was. “I'd like to think so. Especially since not shooting first often gets you killed.”

A few rounds the woman send his way destroyed the trunk of a tree right next to him, but he darted to the side to avoid the tree as it fell. Locus fired twice, making sure to aim the HEV bolts a decent distance apart so they'd be more likely to hit the woman if she dodged. The super-compressed rounds shrouded in energy smashed through a few tree trunks that were in their path. Right after that, he willed the sphere following her to rush in, then expand rapidly and detonate once it got within ten feet of the metahuman.

“And to think... I was going to offer you my services.”

“Oh really?”

That was when the sphere detonated, leveling a smaller tree near the woman. He paused and flew up, winding through the branches until he was right above the woman's head, several feet in the air. The bolt pistol was trained directly between her eyes, but he'd taken his trigger finger out and was resting it on the side of the guard; Locus was somewhat intrigued by what she'd said, and wanted to give the impression that he was willing to listen.

“You don't want to try and claim the fairly sizable bounty on my head, despite just having seen me torture and kill a man?”

Last edited by BlargSpartan on May 10th 2014, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

My Cast of Characters:
Valentine Barrett
The Tech Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 5th 2014, 4:40 pm

She wasn't running, no, but she was moving faster than she wanted to. "I knew I felt a tickle," she sneered at him, wherever he was. And then she spotted him. About ten to fifteen feet ahead of her, so she kept on her path, but chose a zig-zag formation.

Moving like this would keep her a moving target, and she may not be the fastest runner, but she knew how to dodge passed the thick trees in her way. She barely noticed his mask appearing over his face as she moved, a blur of silver now among the trees. Skyler anticipated his shot, her intelligence giving her the upper hand to process the twitch in his arm faster than the average joe. She even had her own trick up her sleeve. Her own revolver was brought up and she fired off two rounds as well. The bullets collided with his, causing a mini mid-air explosion as the energy disipated.

Smirking, she looked to him as he finally realized her offer was better than he first thought. And then, she was sent hurdling forward, the sphere exploding behind of her. She braced for impact, a tree catching her in the side. A branch stabbed through her abdoment, just missing her spine, but punctured through her kidney. Aiva appeared, shocked and crying in distress.

"My mama! WHYY?!" the holographic girl became red and she stomped forward, her form glitching and become unclear the father she moved from Skyler.

Coughing, blood pooled in her mouth and she spat it out as she attempted to stand. "I'm sure -cough- once the -cough- people -cough- that are after," she spat more bloodmore blood and took a sharp inhale before pulling herself off of the branch. "After you -wheeze- realize they're in danger -cough- they'll pay me double or triple the offer now..." she sputtered for a moment more and rubbed her hand over her side.

"Mama?" Aiva was confused, and came back to Skyler, her picture becoming less fuzzy.

"I'm fine, honey." she said, looking to the girl with a soft gaze.

"Your patch..." Aiva said softly.

Skyler reached up and audibly cursed in frustration now. "So, what makes you think I'll help you after this little stunt, Locus."

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Tech Spider May 5th 2014, 5:18 pm

“Congratulations, you figured out my name with help from your childish sidekick.” Locus said. He compartmentalized and holstered the bolt pistol, then crouched within his protective orb. The sphere descended slowly until the woman's eyes were roughly level with his chest.

“One of the strangest AI I've ever encountered, but that isn't saying much. Anyway, 'they' probably already feel like I'm too close for comfort, so your point's moot. As for why...I don't know.” He shrugged once. “I think you'll want to help me because of a few reasons. Curiosity is one. If that isn't good enough, I'm willing to bet you'd enjoy some of the various technological trinkets lying around that you could either use for yourself or sell for a decent price.”

His eyes moved down to regard the stomach wound. Any regular person would have been killed by that, so that left a few options. She was either some sort of human hybrid/lookalike, or had rapid cellular regeneration; superhuman durability was most likely out, since a tree branch wouldn't have been able to do that much damage. Or both. However, upon closer inspection with the assist of his HUD, he saw that her organs were pretty typically human, albeit with some different aspects about it. Further corroboration for the latter theory presented itself when he spotted minute changes in the skin around the entry wound start occurring.

“Or maybe...you're more the adrenaline junkie type. You want to inject some more thrill and intrigue into your life--fight bad guys, uncover conspiracies, save the day...that sort of thing. And you can withstand it all, because you are unflappable and pretty stoic, aren't you?

“So what will it be if you still want to offer your services?” Locus continued. “Curiosity? Money? Shiny new toys? Fun fights? Some or all of the above?”

My Cast of Characters:
Valentine Barrett
The Tech Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top