The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Willy the Whale
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:40 pm by Zonkes

» Urban Commandos
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Walking around town (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Walking around town (OPEN)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Walking around town (OPEN) Empty Walking around town (OPEN)

Post by gerg174 April 7th 2014, 9:39 pm

Chicago wasn't a bad city but it certainly was no New York... then again John actually couldn't remember what New York was like to begin with. The rather dull thuds of his own footprints on the pavement had begun to drown out the sounds of the city, his last job had ran its rather unfortunate coarse and once again he was going through the search for work before the rent came due. He had a touch of hope start when he started but that was about nine hours and if he could ever actually feel tired it would be a time like now.

John looked at the sky, the sun was barely beginning to set and bring a slight orange filter to the brick building that surrounded him, those that held normal jobs were just getting free from their daily grind and John was surrounded by people in business attire. John knew that he would have to give up the search for the day soon and see if could earn a quick couple buck throwing fists at drunken fools and adrenaline junkies so that he could grab some dinner. Not really looking he walked onto a crosswalk as a taxi running a yellow light to appease a fair came barreling in an intersecting coarse.
gerg174

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Walking around town (OPEN) Empty Re: Walking around town (OPEN)

Post by XxRedxX April 7th 2014, 10:06 pm

"...and that is how I plan to allocate a substantial amount of our profits to the rebuilding of New York as a charity to our great nation. As well as offer the youth that still resides within the city to a better education that the make shift schools they attend currently do not offer." Connor snapped his fingers, and the holographic diagram disappeared. Board members applauded his plan and he had all of their approval. He dismissed the group after answering a few questions.

Leaving the building from the lobby, Connor placed a device in his ear and started speaking. "Cancel the limo AIVAS, I think I am going for a walk to clear my head a bit." AIVAS confirmed his order and the limo which was heading his way redirected itself and drove away. Taking a deep breath Connor started making his way down the sidewalk amongst all the other people getting out of work at a decent hour. His mind wouldn't rest, running scenarios about his project for helping with New York revitalization, as well as the multiple cases he was working on as Red. Violet hadn't reported in since she returned from her incident overseas and Blue was probably training back at base underneath the CRDI building.

Approaching a crosswalk, Connor noticed the light turn yellow so he stopped, he had some time before having to return to base. However a man continued to cross the street, not paying attention as a taxi was heading straight at him at high speeds. Acting on instinct, Connor leapt to the street to tackle the man out of the way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Walking around town (OPEN) Picnikcollage

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2134-red
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2869-violet
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2733-blue
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 7th 2014, 10:37 pm

John never saws the taxi but felt the pressure as he was tackled from the way back onto the sidewalk. The usual crowd of people surrounded them and the general air of sounds informed John as to what had almost occurred, getting himself and his savior up he worked on brushing off the man's rather expensive looking clothes. "Hey man thank you so much, if you hadn't done what you did.... I mean thank you so much and sorry about the suit."
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 7th 2014, 10:51 pm

No more than a hundred metres down the road, the taxi came to a halt at the passengers orders. "Are you crazy?" Yelled Trent to the taxi driver, "I know I said I was in a hurry, but a yellow light still means to slow down!"

Trent stepped out of the taxi and made his way to the two guys on the sidewalk. "Nice save there man," he said to the man in a suit, "are you alright?" Asked Trent, now focused on the other man who had almost been killed.
Timmmithy

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 7th 2014, 11:07 pm

'Made it' Connor thought to himself, relieved that he managed to save the mans life. He accepted the helping hand to stand up as people surrounded them to ensure they were alright. It was at that moment that Connor realized how big the man he tackled was. He was surely a giant and Connor wondered if he saved the man or the taxi cab. "That's fine, this suit isn't nearly as expensive as my other one." Connor said with a smirk, nobody else would get the reference but he was referring to the suit he wore at night. "My names...

Suddenly, another man came rushing over to them. It seemed that he was the passenger in the cab and was a decent enough human being to come check up on them. He gave Connor some praise for saving the man and then turned his attention to see if the 7 foot giant was alright. The crowd started to disperse as peoples interests began to fade and people in a hurry to get home left.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 7th 2014, 11:45 pm

When the passenger ran up to him and the man who had saved him there was a part of him that was impressed, he also noticed that the cab peeled off the instant the fair was gone. "Yeah I am alright, welcome to Chicago's taxi service." His voice had a slight nihilistic tint to it, that might not have been the first that had happened.

As the crowd began to disperse John turned his attention back to the man that had pushed him. He couldn't help but feel lucky that the man wasn't concerned with his suit, last thing John needed was having to pay this man's dry-cleaning bill. "Yeah mine's John. Don't mean to sound ungrateful but what is a man in a suit that could probably pay my rent for a year doing walking around the streets of Chicago when limo companys must be fighting for you to grace their cars?"

Looking at where he had been he saw something odd, like when any car makes swift maneuvers there was black marks but in one spot about the width of his shoe there was no sign of it. He stared for a second before looking at his shoe, being black there wasn't much that would show of anything. He moved his foot slightly to make sure it was okay, it had felt a little stiff when he first started getting up but the twitch came with no issue at all. Must have just been my nerves.
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 8th 2014, 12:55 pm

Feeling as though he had done his good deed for the day, Trent noticed that John had looked at the near disastrous scene. Out of curiosity, he peeked over on the street. It was at that point that he realized something was above normal.

"Are you alright? By the looks of it, you got ran over." Said Trent as he got an excited look on his face. If he was right, this meant he was dealing with meta humans, as John had no pain on his face.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 8th 2014, 3:43 pm

"Just gathering my thoughts. I've got a lot on my plate and I find it refreshing to walk amongst my fellow man." Connor stated, brushing off some dirt on his suit and smiling. He had noticed his foot was caught by the taxi despite his efforts and the other man began questioning John about it immediately. "Yes, it would appear I wasn't quick enough. How does your foot feel? Adrenaline may be dulling any pain from damage you may have sustained."

'Guy this size, wouldn't be surprised if he was perfectly fine.' Connor thought to himself, his thoughts still lingering on the details of that nights mission as well the CRDI's investment in New York as well as where Violet had disappeared to and the vampires Noah reported haven fought against. His current case, which was always one of his top priorities, was human trafficking and his last trail went cold. With the other heroes in town it makes criminals more careful and more crafty when hiding themselves.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 8th 2014, 10:27 pm

Just as John realized the situation the other two did as well and the one in the taxi had an odd look on his face as though he had found something exciting. "No I don't think so, must have gotten really lucky and the taxi bounced or something." When the concept of it being simple adrenaline he nodded but he would think he would notice the damage in his foot ever if he didn't feel pain.

"Well hope if there is anything that it isn't to serious, finding work is hard enough without a bum foot and healthcare isn't cheap." He couldn't help but shake his foot a little in a "see all good" gesture, if nothing else he needed to convince himself.
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 8th 2014, 11:02 pm

"Let me tell you, work will be easy to find With that size of body. You must be able to do some serious grunt work, and there is always a demand for grunt work." Said Trent in a quick, and slightly comedic reply.

As Trent turned his attention to the rich man, he couldn't stop trying to figure out who he was, "you know, that face, and that suit, it seems familiar. Almost as though I have seen you before…" as he changed his expression to display that he was thinking, he thought to himself, "I got it! He's the guy from the CRDI." It wasn't that he met him before. Trent recognized this man during a recent investigation he had done.

Trying to keep his excitement under wraps, he casually said, "are you part of a committee for New York or something? That's the only news I really pay attention to." In an attempt to get an answer, that was honest, he waited for a reply.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 9th 2014, 2:38 pm

"CRDI actually has a few warehouses were we store equipment. We do on the job training and the pays is fair. You'll also receive medical coverage so you can afford to have any issues looked at." Connor said, he isn't opposed to offering people work but suddenly an idea hit him. "Actually...we are doing a bit of work in New York and will be sending people there to assist in reconstruction. Still putting a team together and if you have the qualifications then you could be a part of that team. Far better pay, and you get to aid your country." Connor knew he'd have to do a background check on this man, in fact, AIVAS who had been monitoring the entire conversation was already looking up John for information.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 9th 2014, 9:14 pm

John shrugged uncomfortably at the mention of there always being demand for grunt work. "Yeah well you would be surprised with the paperwork needed nowadays." When the opportunity to return to New York came with the man who had just saved him from being run over he almost hugged the man. This could mean a chance to not only work but find out more about himself before he lost his memories, maybe even.... Then reality slid its cold, uncaring blade into his bubble of happiness. Qualifying meant references, proof of ones past and probably a half-a-dozen other things that John simply did not have.

Trying to not let his train of thought show on his face he worked on maneuvering his way out. "That sounds excellent and would love the job but I don't think that I would get the job. Don't get me wrong I would love to help my country and help rebuild my old home but... I really don't do well on paper. And what is the CRDI anyway?"

About this point the background check would come through. Name: John X, Age: Unknown, approx. late twenties, SSN: Unknown, Family: Unknown. The list of unknowns would go on for a while until it mentions a stay at both a hospital that those hurt during the destruction of New York where sent to as well as a mental hospital.
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 9th 2014, 9:36 pm

"That's it!" Exclaimed Trent, now free to say what he knows, "CRDI, the Claret Research and Development Institute right? I did a… uh… report on you guys." Said Trent, still hiding the fact that he had done some deep (and slightly illegal report) investigating on him. "So you must be, uh… Connor? I think that's your name. It's slowly coming back to me."

Trent was excited because he had finally met this man, who was very interesting. In fact, this was the first time Trent had been this happy while sober in months.

"Listen John, you may not have the best credentials by the sounds of it. But if I remember properly, this guy, Connor, is very generous. right?" Said Trent, as he jokingly nudged Connor.

Now realizing that he was maybe acting a bit crazy in front of two guys who were essentially strangers, he casually pulled out his phone to answer a call.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 10th 2014, 12:27 am

AIVAS pulled up  what little information there was on John, and Connor was surprised at what was presented to him. Nearly nothing could be found on this guy besides appearing at a hospital after the destruction of New York. "My god, were you there when New York was attacked?" Connor would have to play it like he was an average joe, he wanted to see what John was all about.

Pausing a moment, not giving John a chance to speak, Connor continued. "Forgive me, it isn't in my place to pry into your business but this gentleman over here is correct. CRDI recruits people who aspire to serve humanity for the greater good. Why don't we get something to eat and I can get to know you. Consider it an interview lunch and you can tell me about yourself." Connor had a hunch about this man but he'd have to confirm it first.  Looking to the other man, Connor gave him a warm smile. "...and of course you can join us as well. Never thought I had fans, mister?" AIVAS began doing a simple facial recognition on the other man, basic information. At times Connor felt like it tore to deep into peoples personal business when he meet them but he couldn't afford to be unprepared.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 10th 2014, 2:42 pm

When the man who had almost been part of his running over started to babble he took the subconscious step backwards, he really didn't need to deal with a crazy man on top of everything else. With the question of New York came up John started to fall on his made up dribble that he had heard from others that had been there but Connor was it... decided not to let him bother with an explanation.

John nodded along as CRDI was explained to him. It's a front... it's completely a front for something else. His suit, him being completely fine with hiring a guy he just saved from being run over, the company's claim to serve the greater good, it's a front. But whatever reason the company was around he was being offered free food and a chance for a job, John had done a lot worse for a lot less. "Alright then, not sure what I can tell you but I'm game."
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top