The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Seraph I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Seraph I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Seraph

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seraph Empty Seraph

Post by Technaught August 6th 2013, 7:22 pm

Seraph
"I was wandering in the rain
Mask of life, feeling insane" -Stranger In Moscow

Basic Biography

Xander De'lacroix
Renegade/Hero Name:Seraph
Title:The Kind Demon, Angel Duster, Angelion
Alignment:Neutral Good
Race:Bioengineered Nephilim
Hair:Raven
Eyes:Hazel
Height:5'10"
Weight:136lbs
Blood type:O-

The Looks

Civilian/First form:

Angelic/Second Form/First Transformation:

The Legacy

Personality:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Angelic Physiology/Transformation:The rituals, spells, and experiments fused Xander's soul with that of an angel's. While Xander isnt fully an angel at soul, the fusion has gifted him with several abilities including the following-
*Subpower I-Enhanced Condition
Xander has been gifted with the ability to remain at near-superhuman peak of his physical and mental conditions with little maintanence
*Subpower II-Flight
The fusion also gifted him the power of flight, which manifests through his growth of wings to allow him to fly.

Sancti-Pyrokinesis:Xander has the ability to wield the holy flames of the Angels and utilize them to create, shape, or manipulate multiple constructs formed by the divine flames, including [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] temporarily. His power, at its full potential can immobilize demonic/angelic beings and trap them temporarily to his benefit. It can also cause incineration in some cases.

Photokinesis: His transformation into an angelic being also comes with the ability to manipulate light and create constructs out of light. Xander mostly utilizes this power as a defensive tool, to create shielding or minions/beings to help him and aid him in battle. At his full potential, Xander can also utilize the light as a healing mechanism to himself and his allies.

Weakness(es)

Physiology/Transformation:
Subweakness I-Power Trip
Fusing his mortal soul with that of an angel has come with the price, in which that there are remnants of the deceased angel that still live in him; this may cause a power struggle mentally that can throw him off and weaken his mental condition, if the angel inside of him is called upon.
Subweakness II-Flight
His flight also is limited. While he can fly up to distances such as city-to-city or even greater, the longer the distance, the more weary his wings become which may cause him to become vulnerable(See Subweakness IV).
Subweakness III-Depowering
Upon depowering, the transformation's tedious work does drain some life out of him, that may cause him to rest for a few hours to a day or two, weakening his physical conditions.
Subweakness IV- Wings/Immune System
Majority of his wings have been left vulnerable by his armor, allowing heavy,concentrated damage to incapacitate his flying. His wings will be shattered for up to 7 days, before a slow regeneration that will take another week. His wings are also central to his life force and physical condition, so damage to his wings can temporarily disable his immune system, until the regeneration process starts.
Subweakness V-Coin Flip
As explained below in his two basic powers, the fusion caused a blocking in the powers gifted to Xander, splitting him into almost two beings in retrospect. As a result of this, Xander has to make a choice when transforming into his angelic form to either be in an offensive or defensive mode. If in offensive, he will only have access to his Sancti-Pyrokinesis which is symbolized by this Onyx form; If in defensive, he will only have access to his Photokinesis which is symbolized by his true Golden form.

Sancti-Pyrokinesis:
Subweakness I-Holy/Demonic/Water Elements
The flames are often vulnerable to heavy Holy/Demonic elements, and specifically aqua/water based ones.
Subweakness II-Traps
Using the power to trap angelic/demon beings requires heavy focus and concentration on said trap of those beings, leaving Xander vulnerable. It will also require heavy energy that drains swiftly, usually rendering the trap useless after a short period of time, and leaving Xander incapacitated for longer.
Subweakness III-Misuse
Ignorant misuse of these flames may cause incineration in various objects and beings(PC permission required).
Subweakness IV-Coin Flip(See Transformation)
He can't utilize his photokinesis while using this power, as his transformation only allows for one power usage per transformation.

Photokinesis:
Subweakness I-Darkness/Demonic Elements
Photokinesis can also be blocked off by heavy dark/demonic elements by his opponents.
Subweakness II-Light=Lifesource
His usage of this element can also overtake energy and vitals levels that leave him incapacitated.
Subweakness III-Healing
Healing himself or an ally requires heavy focus and energy that will require rest upon completion, leaving him incapacitated.
Subweakness IV-Coin Flip(See Transformation)
He can't utilize his sancti-pyrokinesis while using this power, as his transformation allows for one power usage per transformation

Im Just a Man,HuMAN: Xander at heart is still a half-human. Therefore he is vulnerable to most things such as common diseases and sicknesses or simple attacks such as stabbings. While these may take a longer effect to attack him, they are still fatal to him, especially when his immune system is disabled.

Who Am I?:Lack of information of his past still haunts him to this day, to the point that he sometimes drives himself crazy at night, dreaming about where he is truly from. It drives him to a lust for uncovering the truth, that may distract him from whats truly important at times.

Miscellaneous:While he has learned to properly transform easily, Xander is still unexperienced with his powers due to it being less than about a year or so until he fully began to understand his powers. Under the proper training and guidance, he may become a deadly force in the world; but for now, he is a wild card. Due to this, he hardly utilizes his more advanced powers, mainly focusing on the basics.

RP Mechanics

A Gentleman Keeps a Sword at His Side: Xander is a professional swordsman since his days in the cult. He lives by his sword, and often finds it as his first and only last resort when his powers fail him. He only keeps one trusty sword at his side, but will know how to make one dance once he places his hand on the hilt.

Confucius Say...: He will often mutter random philosophical phrases and contemporary quotes. Its unknown if he's doing this to annoy or intimidate his opponents or he just likes quoting scriptures alot as a way of coping with his trauma from the cult days.

Keeper of Lore: Xander's days in the cult provided him with insight into basic knowledge of the occult and magical realms pertaining to historical, religious beliefs. While he knows alot about angels, following his fusion and training, he has dipped into other topics such as demonology and other divine/occult beings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Items/Minions
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: A sword crafted by several priests in his days at the cult, this relic built from a durable alloy can cut through most surfaces deep, and organic skin if lucky. The sword is infused with the power of holy flames that Xander utilizes, often causing the effect of the flames to manifest for Xander to use in combat. Weaknesses include the immobilization of the sword upon contact with water or prolonged use that will require extensive recharge in flames or rituals.

We'll all be encased in Silver & Gold: His transformation into his angelic form grants him the usage of divine,holy armor that was crafted by the heavens presumably. The armor can withstand most damage and acts as a wonderful shield for Seraph. It does form in two stages: Onyx for his damage form(using Sancti-Pyrokinesis) and True Gold for his defense form(using Photokinesis)[See The Looks for appearances of both forms]. This armor however is vulnerable to heavy ammunition/attacks and extremely vulnerable to other holy/demonic weaponry. The armor also disappears if Seraph uses heavy energy in his powers, as the armor gathers its strength from its connection to his power. Like Halo Edge, the armor will require extensive recharge in ritualistic manners, before beginning to crumble and become futile.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility 3
Endurance 4
Reaction 1
Strength 2

Last edited by Technaught on July 20th 2015, 8:16 pm; edited 35 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Technaught
Technaught

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 48
Job : #
Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Seraph Empty Re: Seraph

Post by Chellizard August 6th 2013, 9:36 pm

Reflexes are tied w/ FS.

The Light/Electricity sounds like two powers and only having 3 ABI is like having 3 STR and 3 DUR for the power. Very weak.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Technaught August 6th 2013, 10:15 pm

updated

Technaught
Technaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 9th 2013, 3:39 pm

Approved and moved.

~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 18th 2015, 10:03 pm

Moved for edits
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2483
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 20th 2015, 10:55 am

Technaught wrote:Angelic Physiology/Transformation:The rituals, spells, and experiments fused Xander's soul with that of an angel's. While Xander isnt fully an angel at soul, the fusion has gifted him with several abilities. Among them included enhanced abilities in combat such as strength, agility, durability compared to that of a superhuman. The fusion also gifted him the power of flight, which manifests through his growth of wings to allow him to fly. In order to access these powers, he does have to undergo a transformation that fuses him with the angelic force.

Sancti-Pyrokinesis:Xander has the ability to wield the holy flames of the Angels and utilize them to create, shape, or manipulate multiple constructs formed by the divine flames, including infusing the flames into his weapons temporarily. His power, at its full potential can immobilize demonic/angelic beings and trap them temporarily to his benefit. It can also cause incineration in some cases.

Photokinesis: His transformation into an angelic being also comes with the ability to manipulate light and create constructs out of light. Xander mostly utilizes this power as a defensive tool, to create shielding or minions/beings to help him and aid him in battle. At his full potential, Xander can also utilize the light as a healing mechanism to himself and his allies.

So you have... 3 powers listed, but within those you have: Strength, Agility [Reflexes?], Durability, Flight, Pyrokinesis, and Photokinesis.

It would be more beneficial if you separated his first power into a bullet formation to list the powers. I understand it's just explaining how he transforms, but someone would look at that and go "what?" Cause you have 6 powers. I read over the weaknesses, but I need to go and count them now, too.

Technaught wrote:Physiology/Transformation: Xander's transformation requires full focus and concentration in order to work, but it has come with ease over time and practice. Fusing his mortal soul with that of an angel has come with the price, in which that there are remnants of the deceased angel that still live in him, which may cause a power struggle mentally that can throw him off. His flight also is limited, causing him to only fly distances compared to that of city-to-city lengths or less. Upon depowering, the transformation's tedious work does drain some life out of him, that may cause him to rest for a few hours to a day or two. Majority of his wings have been left vulnerable by his armor, allowing heavy,concentrated damage to incapacitate his flying. His wings will be shattered for up to 7 days, before a slow regeneration that will take another week. His wings are also central to his life force, so damage to his wings can temporarily disable his immune system, until the regeneration process starts.

Sancti-Pyrokinesis: The flames are often vulnerable to heavy Holy/Demonic elements, and specifically aqua/water based ones. Using the power to trap angelic/demon beings requires heavy focus and concentration on said trap of those beings, leaving Xander vulnerable. It will also require heavy energy that drains swiftly, usually rendering the trap useless after a short period of time, and leaving Xander incapacitated for longer. Ignorant misuse of these flames may cause incineration in various objects and beings(PC permission required). He can't utilize his photokinesis while using this power, as his transformation only allows for one power usage per transformation.

Photokinesis:Photokinesis can also be blocked off by heavy dark/demonic elements by his opponents. His usage of this element can also overtake energy and vitals levels that leave him incapacitated. Healing himself or an ally requires heavy focus and energy that will require rest upon completion, leaving him incapacitated. He can't utilize his sancti-pyrokinesis while using this power, as his transformation allows for one power usage per transformation

Miscellaneous: Xander is unexperienced with his powers due to it being less than about a year or so until he fully began to understand his powers. Under the proper training and guidance, he may become a deadly force in the world; but for now, he is a wild card. Due to this, he hardly utilizes his more advanced powers, mainly focusing on the basics.

So in your weaknesses you have 4 listed, but in reality you have:
1. The need to concentrate in order to transform in the first place.
2. Limited flight; but flying from city to city is a fairly far distance.
3. Oh, and the mental struggle with the remnants of the old Angel.
4. Wing's are vulnerable.
5. Turning back into a human drains him.
6. The risk of disabling his own immune system.
7. Holy/Demonic weaknesses for both Pyrokinesis and Photokinesis.
8. Becoming incapacitated while using either power.

So you have a lot of minor weaknesses that are all situation based tied into your four listed. Just make sure that you RP fairly. The word play in your powers and etc state he has gotten better at transforming over time. That could easily throw out some of his concentration based weaknesses, leaving you down to four minor weaknesses that are solely situation based. But I believe it's a well balanced character in the fact that he can only use Pyrokinesis OR Photokinesis per transformation, meaning he has a choice to make while transforming.

Please make that face more apparent in your app so that others reading don't think you're capable of both.

Once that's clear, you're good to go.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Technaught July 20th 2015, 10:18 pm

updated

Technaught
Technaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 20th 2015, 10:46 pm

Approved and Moved.

Welcome to the good life.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top