The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Dr. Aidan Gray I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Dr. Aidan Gray I_vote_lcapDr. Aidan Gray I_voting_barDr. Aidan Gray I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dr. Aidan Gray

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Aidan Gray Empty Dr. Aidan Gray

Post by LoneWolf June 30th 2013, 12:14 am

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Bird of Prey
Title:
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human
Hair: Brown hair, cut short but messy
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 158 lbs
Blood type: AB (Does this do anything? Just curious.)

Character Image/Character Costume Image (Or Description):
(I'm sorry. I can't draw.)
He wears a black robe, similar to the ones the main characters in the Assassin's Creed series wear. The robe is able to conceal his pistol, which sits in a holster on his right side. On his back is his sword. It's a simple medieval longsword, but it gets the job done. Also on the robe is a solid blue silhouette of a falcon. To go along with his name. On his face he has a dark red bandanna, which better conceals his identity. Finally, concealed underneath the robe is a bulletproof vest which he wears "just in case".

Personality: As a person he is a sensitive intellectual who is always loyal and willing to listen to his friends. When he is fighting he is cocky, especially when he has hatched a plan. Often times, he will taunt his foes through witty dialogue and fear tactics. He's basically that guy who is kind and sweet to his allies, but has all but too much fun destroying his enemies.

History: Growing up, Aidan always knew he was smarter than the rest of the kids. While most of them struggled to grasp algebra and physics, he was well on his way to understanding quantum theory.
In college, he studied biology. What he was especially interested in, however, was how meta humans worked. Thus, as a thesis, he decided to study just that. So he began to research. He looked at the DNA from meta humans, their blood composition, and anything else that may explain their odd abilities.

After a year, he submitted his essay to the college and was given his PHD in Biology. What the college didn't know, were his true motives. Growing up he envied the meta humans. He wanted the same powers they had. So, using his research he began to develop ways to turn himself into a meta human. First, he started with tests on animals. Most of them died, but a select few developed abilities. These were the ones given the serum he simply called "#13" (He later had to release them. The news called them "cryptids").

So, he injected lucky serum #13 into himself. The effects were... excruciating to say the least. He experienced pain equal to that of breaking every bone in your body, and then passed out because of it. Waking up, he felt normal. He tried everything. Seeing if he was durable by trying to cut his skin (more pain, much more), trying to lift a car, and even attempting to talk with animals. All of which resulted only in his neighbors calling him crazy.

Frustrated, he abandoned the project and went on with his work and life.
As the months passed, he began to notice odd things happening. Every once in a while an object would move slightly, and sometimes things would fall randomly when he walked passed them (His co-workers would get angry at him for knocking over their stuff). He dismissed this as his mind playing tricks on him.

Then it happened. He was crossing the street at around 10 pm. First he saw a bright light, then he froze up like a deer and covered himself reflexively. A resounding crash filled the air, but he felt nothing. Originally, he figured a meta human had saved him by stopping the vehicle, but he looked up to find the taxi with the front end crushed, as if it had hit a wall, and the driver unconscious with his head resting on a deflated air bag. So it all came together. The moving objects were not figments of his imagination, they were his power. He had telekinesis.

After that day, he used his abilities to their limits. Pushing the boundaries of what he could lift, how far he could lift it, and how far he could throw it. Eventually, he began to mix his powers with his fighting, enhancing his strength and durability. He even decided to throw a longsword and a colt semi-auto pistol into the mix.

And so, the Bird of Prey was born. He may not uphold the law by conventional means, but he gets it done regardless.

Power(s): He is able to pick up or crush objects (about the weight of a bus at max) from a distance of around 30 feet. Thus, his main power is telekinesis. Using this power, he is able to grab his own body in order enhance his durability, strength, and speed. Without it he is an average, athletic male who simply knows how to fight and shoot a gun.

Throughout his various escapades, he has refined this ability to the point where he can use it to accelerate or slow down the molecules in a structure in order to change its temperature. This is very crude though, and all he can do is change the temperature of the object by about 100 degrees Celsius. If he tries to go any higher or lower, he often ends up simply breaking or crushing the material.

He's also a skilled swordsman and a sharpshooter with his pistol.

Grid:
Intelligence: 5
Occult:
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 3
Ability: Telekinesis: 7
         Temperature change: 2
         Stat boosting: 5
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic: 0
Spells:0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

Last edited by LoneWolf on July 6th 2013, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Split the Ability points.)
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 7
Job : A job? Am I supposed to have one of those?
Humor : Every genius has a touch of madness...
Registration date : 2013-06-29

Back to top Go down

Dr. Aidan Gray Empty Re: Dr. Aidan Gray

Post by Forceaus July 4th 2013, 11:37 pm

Okay, clever app you got going. Now, you'll have to split your ability points for the telekinesis. However many you want up to 8 for the telekinesis itself. Another set up to 8 for the stat boosting. For stat boosting your other stats cannot be boosted up to a 9 or 10 until that power reaches at least 9. The temperature changing power will cost 2 points.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf July 6th 2013, 7:56 pm

May I have an example? I'm a little bit confused. Sorry...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Character(s):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus July 6th 2013, 8:21 pm

That ought to help.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf July 6th 2013, 8:37 pm

Ok, and what about the stat boosting? Should I make a separate grid? If so, will that be affected by the 30 point limit?

My Character(s):

LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus July 6th 2013, 8:38 pm

No. You'd just spend points on it and when using it in a thread just declare what you're boosting.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf July 6th 2013, 9:01 pm

Edited and hopefully fixed.

My Character(s):

LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus July 6th 2013, 9:02 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top