The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» Fusion Frenzy
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Generous Donation I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
A Generous Donation I_vote_lcapA Generous Donation I_voting_barA Generous Donation I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
A Generous Donation I_vote_lcapA Generous Donation I_voting_barA Generous Donation I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Generous Donation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Generous Donation Empty A Generous Donation

Post by Master Teemo April 30th 2013, 10:28 pm

The night was young, only just beginning as the crows poured into the tightly packed building. The stage was set up nicely, presenting a very sophisticated and elegant atmosphere. A large screen was erected behind the stage, currently showing the stage itself, empty, aside from a podium towards the front center. The crowd was settling in slowly but certainly, most, if not all of them were well dressed, wearing elegant suits and dresses. The volume of the voices was almost deafening, hundreds of people all speaking simultaneously, each group attempting to speak louder than the others. All at once, the voices seemed to calm, and a roar of applause taking its place as a well dressed man began walking up the steps of the stage. The man was dressed in a dark suit, a red rose in the front pocket, his bright blue eyes scanning over the audience as he made his way to the podium. His light blonde hair almost seemed to glow in the bright light above him. The man motioned with his hands for the volume level to decrease, and slowly, the crowd took their seats and silenced themselves.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. I am delighted you could all make it here under such short notice. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Alistair de Payens. (Pronounced de pie' en') I am the president and CEO of Alpayn Industries. As we all know, New York City was reduced to ruins. Millions of Americans left homeless, thousands of lives lost, countless dollars of damage done in such a short amount of time. These horrid attacks have affected all of our lives, from coast to coast of our great country, to the far reaches of the world. Allowing these ruins to remain as they are is not only a testament to how powerful a blow they have stricken, not only as a victory for those who wish us harm, but as a reminder that we are powerless to stop an event like this from happening again. It sends a message that we would simply lie down and cower. I believe that the city must be rebuilt. It will take years of intense work, a nearly immeasurable amount of currency, and all of the determination the American people can muster, but it is something that can, and must be done. If we are to show these monsters that we are capable of more than standing still and taking whatever atrocities they throat at us without retaliation."

The man took a moment to let his words sink in, and for the audience to exchange a few words, as he knew they always did. He could see many heads shaking, many hopefully looks, and many saddened and tear filled eyes. Indeed, something needed to be done. Quickly. "So, I am donating a starter fund of $50,000,000 to the cause of rebuilding our grand city, and will be holding a two month long fund raiser to earn money towards this effort. Donations are welcome, and I will be auctioning off many items of great and small value. Even the smallest of donations can help, words of encouragement, a smile or pat on the back. Any help any individual can offer, will not be turned away. I will be taking questions at a conference tomorrow evening. If you have any questions now, feel free to ask any of the officials of this lovely establishment for papers on the plan. Thank you all, have a safe and pleasant evening." Alistair finished his speech, a wide smile on his face as he bowed politely to the audience. Many men and women on the outsides of the room were entering carrying pamphlets that gave information on the donation and the fund raiser. Alistair slowly made his way off the stage and into a small room in the back where he was meeting with a few individuals whom had already offered their assistance. They were smaller names, but as he had said, any help was appreciated. "Great show out there, Al. You sure know how to talk to a crowd." One man said, a tall and dark sinned man wearing an elaborate suit and sunglasses. Alistair shook his hand and laughed. "Thank you, John. I really try." The blonde man glanced around the room, sipping his champagne from his fancy glass. Many of the men and women who were granted access to the back were people he didn't know, but hoped to know soon. After all, it was possible that many, if not all of them, could greatly help this effort. Possibly, even Alistair himself.
Master Teemo
Master Teemo

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

A Generous Donation Empty Re: A Generous Donation

Post by Thorgron April 30th 2013, 11:18 pm

The Baron sat, armor clad and brooding deep within the bowls of his company. The panels before him, alight with data and video feeds teaming at high speed before his eyes. He needed to find an in, a way to really explode on to the scene, to create fear at the very mention of The Baron. Unfortunately, there did not seem to be much conflict yet brewing among the metas. The Purge was looming over them yes, but activity to that end had been relatively low. And to take on a band of low class metas would just be pathetic. He would easily trounce them, receiving little notoriety and acclaim for such a dud of an act. No, he needed something bigger and as he stared into the monitors, that something fell straight into his lap.

A man whom the Baron had been keeping an eye on, Alistair, de Payens, an up and coming business man with a fondness for charity work was holding a fund raising banquet for the reconstruction of New York City. An interesting idea, the city had been destroyed, not once but twice and was in the most miserable state of disrepair. An endeavor like this, though at its core highly expensive and irrationally difficult, did have its perks. The public would love him for it, those pestilential vermin of a lower class especially. This Mister de Payens would be like a savior to them, wielding immense favor, and by extension power, within their ranks. Well, favor such as that could be exactly what the Baron needed to gain even deeper control over this country. Quickly disengaging from the high tech Baron Armor, Roderick instead donned the skin of an elite businessman. The suit clung tight to his slightly hunched form. Made from only the finest materials it made him glow with an air of majesty and power, the desired effect. Combing back his deeply graying hair, Roderick took out his best walking cane and departed to the world of the surface for the first time since discovering his abilities.

The trip was long and more than once Roderick nodded off before their arrival. His lavish transportation arrived at the doors of the main event an few hours after his departure. Stabilizing himself on the cane, Roderick made his way into the snake's pit. Ah the air drifted sweet into his nostrils. This was his element, the brightly shimmering chandeliers, gluttonous displays of only the most expensive dining and sharks and con men around every corner. They held their positions well, timing and practicing their words carefully to give only the most honest of impressions. It satisfied his dark soul to once again be in the game. Bantering back and forth with a few of the more prestigious men and women at the even, Roderick eventually took his seat in the crowd.

His target soon took the stage, wielding idealism and good faith like a mighty sword. Genuine enthusiasm rolled off his tongue, the boy had much to learn. The world did not work by the mind of the idealist but by the iron fist of monetary gain. As the speech wrapped up, Roderick observed the boy make his way behind a curtain. If he was smart, his most trusted and wealthy and invested investors resided in this area. He intended to be one such man. Rising from his seat, he took his sweet and enfeebled time to approach the curtain. As he approached he changed his posture, straightening his back and tie. He knew just what to do. Entering the room he could see a group of small time investors speaking merrily with Alistair. A rooky mistake. friends did not make money and to share your private time and company with friends would not get you as far u desired. Slowly he approached and offered Alistair an arthritis ridden hand. Mister de Paynes, my name is Roderick Baron. It had been at least 30 years since his name had been spoken in public, Roderick suspected this man had not even been born before Baron Corp. had gone totally underground. And might I say I enjoyed your speech, very impassioned, confident, you speak as though we are on the verge of recovery already. He spoke with the soothing voice of a kindly and knowledgeable. grandfather. If you would oblige an old man, I'd like to have a private word with you. I have a great interest in your cause and feel the discussion is better suited to a crowd of two.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Generous Donation Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Teemo April 30th 2013, 11:38 pm

Alistair could hear the people outside in the main hall, speaking loudly. Many were arguing, many were speaking of the good this could do, and many were complaining about it costing them money. Alistair had spent a short time in discussion with men and women in the back, when an elderly gentleman entered. The man approached and offered his hand, introducing himself as Roderick Baron. A strange sensation tugged at his brain, like a buried memory that he couldn't quite reach. Something about that name sounded familiar. It reminded him of overheard discussions from his father and his former associates. "Well met, Mister Baron." Alistair replied with a warm smile, accepting the man's hand, giving it a firm shake. Times like this made Alistair very happy about his youth.

Alistair's eyes widened slightly, brightening a little when the man complimented his speech. "Thank you. Truly, I feel that a recovery effort is already under way. After all, we are here, are we not?" The man confidently asked with a chuckle, glancing around at the other men, finishing his glass. "Would you like some champagne, Mister Baron?" Alistair asked as he motioned for a waiter to come by, grabbing a glass from the tray as he took another sip. Nothing quite like good drink and good company. Upon asking for a private word, a small amount of concern growled in his gut. The last time he did something like this, he had to knock a man unconscious. "Very well, Mister Baron. Come with me." Alistair said softly, genuine curiosity glowing in his eyes as he made his way through a door, leading into a smaller room, darker and empty. It appeared to be the storage room for the building, but was virtually empty because of the event, no doubt. "So. what is it that you wish to discuss? Something tells me it isn't beauty secrets or secret recipes." Alistair said with a smile, glancing to his watch for a moment before crossing his arms, maintaining his proper posture.
Master Teemo
Master Teemo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 1st 2013, 10:35 pm

Enthusiasm continued to ooze form the boy, the belief in his cause was quite genuine. Such naivete was so rare yet refreshing. The boy had yet to become jaded by his endeavors and Roderick could use that to his advantage, convince him that they were going to do such good together. They would save the world. Being offered the champagne, Roderick accepted gladly. "Thank you Mister de Paynes, ah a fine bottle, I like your tastes." As he took the glass, the young man lead the way to a more private location. Winding through the back parts of the building, they eventually arrived at a door along the south end. Opening it with some force, Mister de Paynes walked first into a medium sized storage facility. Not exactly the ideal place for a meeting. What Roderick had at the moment was far less shady then the location they now resided in.

A little insulted at the lack of proper meeting place but keeping an ideal poker face, Roderick listened to the boy. It was clear he was suspicious of some under-handed dealing. While he was guilty of this, now was not the time to begin illegitimate business. First he needed his trust, which he intended to gain. "No, such things are not my concern. Instead I would like to talk some business. As I stated I have a great interest in your company and its work. I would like to personally offer my efforts and monetary resources to the cause. I'd like a piece of your company to put it frank Mister de Paynes. I've had more experience in business pursuits than you have on this earth. I would require no compensation from you, only a say in your ventures. Think of me as an adviser. you do well for yourself that is sure, but with my mind behind you, this project and many more could be done at speeds you could scarcely imagine. Believe me Mister de Paynes, you are ding great good in this country, I only want to see your reach grow. We need more idealists like you." Raising his glass, Roderick offered a toast. "To the idealists, you certainly keep things interesting." He felt fairly confident with his business pitch, he could only now wait to evaluate the man's reaction.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Generous Donation Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum