The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Trial by Fire
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» Fusion Frenzy
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:44 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_vote_lcapRising up on Blackened Wings I_voting_barRising up on Blackened Wings I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Rising up on Blackened Wings I_vote_lcapRising up on Blackened Wings I_voting_barRising up on Blackened Wings I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Rising up on Blackened Wings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rising up on Blackened Wings Empty Rising up on Blackened Wings

Post by Brorschach June 12th 2012, 11:45 am

Jeramiah's chest hurt, Anu had used that ambrosia formula on him several times since they'd escaped back to her New York apartment. He was in intense pain every day and the Ambrosia was one of the only things that lessened it. He would need to find a way to either make it himself or find a substitute, despite his loyalty to her, such a glaring weakness could be detrimental in the long run. He sat up, his arms felt like they were made of lead. Jeramiah looked around at all the plants in the room. How many of them could probably kill him if he wasn't careful?

Jeramiah tried to stand up and winced, shutting his eyes tight. The image of his wife and daughter melting had disappeared and been replaced by images of them dying in various other ways. He hoped that the images would disappear completely with time. He tried to take a step forward and collapsed. "God dammit!" he yelled. The pain wasn't the issue, but he was sick and tired of feeling helpless, it was something he hated almost as much as the thought of dying. He stood up again, this time allowing his legs a little time to adjust, and moved towards the couch. He collapsed onto it and turned on the TV. It was one of those things that he was amazed by. Back when he was still a young man this would have been called magic, now it was something everyone had.

"I wonder when she'll be back with my gear" he mused. Jeramiah knew of a technique to bind his life force to an object, it was something similar to the way he bound the souls of the hellhounds to the Fenrir shells. He hadn't done it on this level before but it was his only choice. His limbs were near worthless and he would never die naturally, so if he wanted to live at least a partially normal life he would need to do this. Jeramiah looked at the door again as he heard a sound coming from outside.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

"A man who barely maintains an armistice with himself has no business poking about in a foreign soul"
Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 293
Job : PsYcHoTiC bAtMaN
Humor : THE MAYOR'S FRIENDSHIP IS A UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Rising up on Blackened Wings Empty Re: Rising up on Blackened Wings

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 12th 2012, 11:58 am

The trip to Germany itself was long but Anu had grown tired of the boring plane ride. She had the patience of course,but it didn't seem like a goddesses style to simply sit around while nothing was done to better the world around her. Especially with all of these mortals who occasionally gave her a look,mostly because of her fiery red hair but some things must be sacrificed if you were to accomplish anything. So she tolerated the long fly over to Germany, if only to get a glimpse of the great country.

Finding the gear was easy and before long she was already back on the plane after a day of staying. Making sure to dress smartly,she stepped through the terminal in Los Angeles;back onto the streets she called home. Now in a Taxi already hired ,she reclined in the back seat Waiting to be taken to her destination which was her apartment full of the plant life that was only visible once you entered. The taxi driver had been administered a dose of spores that would keep him from charging her, a nice bonus.

”I'm back!” She said walking through the door before slamming it shut. The plants all moved in unison as if greeting her. ”I hope you're well.” She said concerning Jeremiah as she let the armor fall against the floor rather loudly within its case before taking herself a seat.

”I assume this was what you wanted.” She said as one of the vines opened the case for him.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 12th 2012, 12:50 pm

"Excellent!" Jeramiah said, elated. He was overjoyed that she'd gotten it. He stood up again, ignored the immense pain he felt. Jeramiah picked up the armor and limped over to the table where he had tools prepared for the ritual.
"M'lady, please stand back." he said as he began to inscribe the runes onto the armor. the soldering tool burned the unholy words into the armor's plates and bindings. Jeramiah smiled, his hands -despite their burns- glided over the armor with ease. He'd practiced this in his head. He turned to Anu. "M'lady, please draw this on the floor" he said indicating a piece of paper on the table. "It needs to be about 5 feet in diameter. Thank you" he added before turning back to his work. In a matter of minutes he had finished his work. He sat back in his chair and looked at Anu. "Thank you M'lady, with this, you'll have a general that cannot be defeated." he said, smiling.

"Now, let's begin the ritual" he said as he donned the armor. putting it on was a far lengthier process than it should have been, mostly due to his injuries and burns. Once he had it on he stood in the circle Anu had drawn on the ground and began reciting the spell, the words echoing out of his mouth in a voice that spoke with several others behind it. Smoke began to rise from the circle, his armor began to drip a black liquid which evaporated when it touched the ground. The circle began to glow with a a red light as waves of energy swept off of it, a strange black liquid rising from it and floating around him a few seconds before slipping into the armor's joints. It went on like this for roughly an hour until finally Jeramiah was encased entirely in a black orb. The light from the circle slowly faded and the orb, its surface like black glass, began to crack and melt away. There stood Jeramiah, his armor glowing with a dark light, and a strange black smoke rising from it.

"I live again, M'lady" he said, his voice appeared to have a markedly deep quality to it, in addition, a strange whispered echoed in its wake. "I am ready to serve M'lady, and I shall not be defeated ever again" he chuckled, a sinister voice echoed behind his own. He removed his helmet and looked at Anu, completely unaware of his altered eyes. His face looked remarkable, the burns were gone and any trace of scars had been removed. He looked... rejuvenated, instead of appearing in his late forties, he appeared some ten years younger, his black hair no longer streaked with the gray of ages, instead it was a perfect, abyssal, black. "Shall we go?" he asked, before saying "I wish to test my new found...abilities" the whisper following his voice betraying his glee at his new form.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

"A man who barely maintains an armistice with himself has no business poking about in a foreign soul"
Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 12th 2012, 1:08 pm

”Consider it done.” She said sending out a mental command to one of the plants as a vine moved to her,curled around a thick walk chalk piece. She looked at the symbol on the piece of paper for a few seconds to remember how it is to be drawn exactly, no mistakes are to be made in magic. Anu had practiced magic a little,if only to perform the power conference spell that allowed her such control over the plant life. What made her the powerful goddess she was today After a few minutes of drawing,the rune was done and all was ready. So she only had to sit back and watch him do whatever it was he needed to do.

Though she didn't expect the ritual to take so long but it didn't matter,considering that she somehow managed to drift off into sleep while the long hour passed. Though before the ritual ended she was woken by what seemed like one of her humanoid plant creations. Jeremiah lived again and that was all that mattered. Something within his voice gave her heart a jolt, as if her excitement was overwhelming her body. ”It seems you've healed nicely. Thats good.” She said with a smile that was far more subdued than she cared to admit.

”What shall we do as a test?” Anu asked stepping out side of her door with a full satchel of seeds, enough to deal with whatever she needed. ”I say you pick what we do. It is your glorious day afterall”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 12th 2012, 2:08 pm

Jeramiah smiled and walked out the door behind Anu and placing his helmet back on his head. "I have the perfect idea" he said, the whisper behind his voice echoing a sinister motive. He walked down the stairs and into the streets. He looked as people turned their heads away from him. The armor was intimidating to be sure and he was satisfied with that. He had obtained new powers and he wanted to test them, but not on innocent people, no matter how badly he wanted to test them, innocents were not targets. "I think I might need some clothes" he said, repressing a grin. Not that anyone could tell if he was grinning behind his helmet, but it couldn't hurt to keep himself restrained. Jeramiah turned and looked at Anu, who seemed perfectly natural walking next to him, even if he was a good foot taller then her.

"Who to test it on I wonder?" he asked, more to himself than to Anu. "Perhaps I should have found something less conspicuous to wear" he laughed, though in truth he only needed to wear one piece of the armor for its power to work, he enjoyed the fear he was causing. If he wanted to be inconspicuous he would just wears the boots or the gloves, but for right now it was best to let his soul get accustomed to being in the armor rather than in him. Jeramiah didn't feel in pain anymore, in fact, he felt stronger than ever. As they walked, Jeramiah made some turns so that they ended up in the poorer districts, he was sure that some homeless man or another would be desperate to attack them, the TV seemed to make out all homeless people to be violent criminals of one sort or another. That reminded him of the man who had put him in the hospital, though he didn't remember exactly how he got there "M'lady, if we ever meet that man again... may I kill him?" Jeramiah asked, the whisper following his voice radiated a mix of hatred and anticipation.

The sun was low in the sky when they finally stopped; looking around, Jeramiah saw they were in some sort of shanty town on the outskirts of the city. "I'm sure there must be some sort of criminal filth willing to attack us" he said sighing. Almost as if responding to his will a blunt object smacked into his back. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear, so they say" he said, turning towards the source of the attack. It was a small man with a rat like face. The 'blunt object' in question was actually a large knife, the blade on it bent and broken. "My, my, my. You're a little worm aren't you." Jeramiah said, no longer repressing his grin. Before the man could respond Jeramiah had punched a hole straight through his head. "gute nacht" he said as he retracted his hand from the man's now hollowed out skull, the blood covering his gauntlet seemed to disappear within its abyssal black metal. "Well we're going to have to do something about the body" Jeramiah chuckled as black smoke began to pour from his hand over the man's body. He quickly stopped producing it and watched the existing smoke settle and dissipate. When it was gone, so was the man's body and good portion of the street below it.

"Shall we go home now, M'lady?"

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 12th 2012, 2:33 pm

”Clothes? Those are easy enough to get.” She said almost dismissively,though something within her was stirring excitedly as if her heart would burst from its place. Whoever this new man was;he was not as he once was but something better. Something that radiated a dark power she couldn't quite place her finger on. Though it was something that she enjoyed far too much,especially that dark tone that seemed to linger upon his every word like a demonic afterthought Something that foretold a wonderful disaster.

”The next time we meet that man will be the last.” She said with an almost vindictive edge to her voice as if she were already signing his death sentence. No one crossed a goddess and lived,that was merely a code of honor really. Divine punishment and all of those nice things really. Though it was his time to test out his new found abilities,so she would allow him to do so. Also a part of her was curious about what he could do.

Before long they were in the poor section of New York, and a man was already attacking them. How far humanity fell never ceased to amaze her; though Jeremiah took care of it with a relative ease as he ran his hand through the mans skull as if it were nothing. Followed by disposing of the corpse by utterly destroying it with a strange flame that he possessed. It was all done within a matter of moments with her watching in pure amazement.

”Of course, we've had enough action for now” She said with a slight smirk as she took the lead. ”Besides, I have much work to do.”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 15th 2012, 1:28 am

Jeramiah enjoyed the walk even if nothing exciting had happened yet, which in fact was actually a minor relief, aside from the homeless man, their little adventure out into the city had not been interrupted by any heroic types trying to bring Anu in for some thing or another. Looking out at the vastness of the city, he thought about all the people living there. While attaining one hundred thousand followers in his day and age was a task only possible with the greatest of generals, here, it was so easy that even the most idiotic child could do so with the click of a button. He would need those followers, so would Anu, but for a different reason. She could have them, but once she was done with her little empire building exercise he had a different idea in mind. He felt himself coming back more and more.

Ever since he had first escaped that bitch's mansion and up until Anu got him his old armor, he felt as if he had been in a daze, almost like someone had pulled a glamor over his eyes, but Jeramiah was slowly coming back, piece by piece. The war weary idealist Anu had recruited was disappearing. Whoever that man was... it wasn't me Jeramiah thought, almost physically ill at the thought of how weak he had been upon his escape, both physically and mentally. That woman, Elena Marie had definitely done something to him while he was under. He vaguely recalled a period of time where he was free... but that was mostly a blur.

All he could remember clearly was stunning red hair and a woman's laughter. He turned back to look at Anu, she looked bored, but then again she always looked like that... well, that or like she was sulking. He enjoyed her company even if she did have a god complex. Jeramiah stopped in front of a shop, it was a large super store. "They claim to sell the sharpest blades in the world..." he said, the whisper following his voice, echoed a mad laughter onto the wind. "Time to see if that's true" he said, his own laughter mirrored by the strange echo that now trailed on his every word. He stepped in only a few feet before a man in a ridiculous cloth uniform tried to stop him.

"Sir, I can't let you in here in that outfit, you'll scare away the other customers." the man said, the fear in his voice obvious.

"My sincerest apologies, don't worry, my armor won't scare them... but I hope this will"
he said, raising his arm and pointing towards the man, two fingers extended.

"Gute nacht" he said before firing a blast of his dark smoke-like magic straight into the man's forehead. The man began to shake and shiver violently like he was having a seizure. His mouth began to foam and his eyes rolled back. His skin lost all color and his hair began to lose all color. Slowly the man withered into a husk, his eyes sunken and his skin colorless. This process lasted only seconds before the man exploded outwards in a blast of the same black smoke.
The smoke quickly spread throughout the large superstore, blocking all the exits and filling the air with screams as people watched strangers and loved ones alike mirror the horrific death of the rent-a-cop before they themselves succumbed to the smoke. While some might have defined it as lasting several hours, the security tapes would say otherwise, revealing that what had once been a bustling store full of people was reduced to a graveyard of black mist in a manner of moments.

The stench of death was thick in the air by the time it was all over.

Jeramiah just laughed and extending his other hand, he sucked the deadly magic in, every wisp entering his armor until the store was as devoid of smoke as the day it was opened. "Let's see if their claim about having the world's sharpest swords was correct" Jeramiah said, not missing a beat, as he casually strolled over to where the store's weaponry was kept.

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds June 15th 2012, 9:24 pm

Anu eyed the super store scrutinously,mostly because she never liked them personally. So much shit that no one would ever buy,collected in one large building,not her cup of tea really. Though she followed Jeremiahs suggestion as he walked in. Looking over whatever they had,which wasn't much that she actually enjoyed. Maybe a little music but that was about it really. Though music was one of mans crowning achievements in her mind,so it was always worthwhile to give a listen to. While she did music browsing, Jeremiah did whatever it was that he did. Which involved wanton murder of the occupents of the store;not very subtle really.

”Rock music, always good for a midnoon listening.” She said cradling a few cd's under her arm. ”Is this cd any good?” She asked a man who was in his death throes. ”No?” She put the case back in its proper place ”It is pretty difficult with all the sales represenatives dying.” She said to herself a little annoyed. Not that she was angry but minorly annoyed; summoning a vine to bring her a bag in which to place her cd's,for easy listening later. ”But when can you ever get good service?

Though he was going on about sharp swords and she was no sword expert;so all swords seemed sharp to her. Anu picked one of the blades from a display case,running a finger over the tip. It felt sharp to her but normal blades to her were worthless. As proven by her first fight against that damn hero and his worthless weapons. True it was a beautiful katana, it just wasn't her style.

”What do you think?”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 26th 2012, 3:46 am

Jeramiah looked over at the sword she had picked and shook his. "No, m'lady, that blade is garbage. We won't find anything of value here. It's just a cheap imitation of quality." And with that he turned and left the store, walked back to their apartment, and slept.

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top