The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_vote_lcap(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_voting_bar(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_vote_lcap(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_voting_bar(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Vorik
ghost
Tybrid
Sage

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. Empty (Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches.

Post by Maul June 9th 2012, 1:47 am

The arctic winds of Alaska blew over the frozen tundra that had once been green grass and forest. Now it was simply a barren land where savage animals killed whatever they could to survive. The sky was heavy with bulging dark clouds and a light snow fell over the land making the ground slippery and hiding places of thin Ice that cracked under snowflakes. The world out here was filled with the screaming chilling wind of the north and today Jack Frost was really being playful. From this place the entire world could have been cold and barren without any structures or man made objects to be seen. People spoke of Alaska as a beautiful land but they had not been here, close to the north pole the winds had grown stronger and the days colder, it snowed daily and feet of snow covered the ground sometimes to the waist of even large men. The weather seemed to hide something and you could almost hear the laughing of the jolly man in the red coat as the sharp biting wind and falling snow hid his cheerful palace from the prying eyes of the world.

A man walked the tundra wearing only a t-shirt, a pair of pants, and hiking boots. He didnt feel cold or notice the snow that he simply plowed through like a machine of destruction. The snow was pushed aside by the man who walked casually through it like he was strolling through a park during springtime. The man was large reaching 6'4 and weighing about 345 punds of solid muscle. His hair was black as midnight and cut military crew cut style. Hazel eyes moved to and fro ver the land. His arms were long and heavily built with muscle, as was his shoulders which was about a axe length in width and the muscle pressed up against the back of his neck giving him a lot of power there. His upper body was a frame of power with a twelve pack stomach, strong pecks, and perfect body frame for punishment. His legs were just as well built but hidden by the pants he wore, his size fifteen hiking boots crushed through the snow to the bottom and pushed off.

The man in the frozen tundra was no other than: Maul the Savage. A former World Wide Wrestling Federation Champion and new Hero of the world. This day he wondered why the hell he got on the wrong plane and then decided why not just look around. A small city and he got lost and ended up way out here in the middle of nowhere. As he walked he listened and he heard it, the sound of water. Maul moved towards the sound until he came across a flowing river filled with blocks of Ice as large as fishing and even speed boats. Leaning down Maul took a deep drink and swallowed the life giving water. Sitting back his body ignored the snow but his senses didn't. He had a feeling inside that sooner or later something was going to happen, it was the same feeling before a fight back in his wrestling days but he now knew that feeling meant danger ahead. Maul turned his head looking around wondering just where and what form his future would take.
Maul
Maul

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. Empty Re: (Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches.

Post by Brorschach June 9th 2012, 2:19 am

Sheryll shivered and rubbed her arms, even though she was mostly metal she could feel the cold. She would have to be careful if she didn't want to catch frostbite out here. Even in her arctic N.A.S. she felt the chill seeping in. "I hate the cold" she said to no one in particular. The only other people there were the pilot and the co-pilot. She looked out the side of the copter and hoped that the man she was going to meet would come along peacefully, or at least agree to fight in a warmer climate if it came to that. Sheryll pressed the button on her headset and spoke. "Have we located the target? I hate this weather!" she whined.
"No ma'am we're still looking, but you'll be the first to know if we find anything." the pilot responded, barely containing the exasperation in his voice. Sheryll couldn't blame him. She had asked at least eight times in the last half hour and the pilot had answered the same way each time. Sheryll's handlers had been able to keep tabs on him up until he wandered out into the damn tundra. Sighing, Sheryll bundled up and wished she was back in New York, chowing down on a warm doughnut and drinking hot cocoa. She sat back and briefly considered asking the pilot again but before she could, his voice crackled over the intercom.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, we have located the target and are about to touch down roughly five meters from his last known position."

Sheryll chuckled at his sardonic comment before removing her headset and putting on her mask and goggles. She pulled up her hood and stood up as they touched down. As soon as she felt the copter touch down she slid open the door and hopped out. Looking around she spotted a shape in the distance. She was sure it was her target if only because of the fact that it was the only thing remotely man shaped on the entire tundra. She walked about 3 meters forward before stopping and yelling over to the man. "Are you Jason Moore? Because if you are then you're a bitch to find." she called out, her voice muffled only slightly by her mask.

The man didn't appear to respond so she walked over and put her hand on his shoulder. "Excuse me, I asked if you're Jason Moore."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

"A man who barely maintains an armistice with himself has no business poking about in a foreign soul"
Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 293
Job : PsYcHoTiC bAtMaN
Humor : THE MAYOR'S FRIENDSHIP IS A UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. Empty Re: (Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches.

Post by Maul June 9th 2012, 11:36 pm

Maul closed his eyes letting the wind speak it's ice cold sng over the hearts of it's domain. The song spoke of cold and past and things that were and could be once more. A land of ice and cold where survival was not a few stores away. A place where men were men and fought hard to survive in the land he called home. Then a roaring sound cut off the winds beautiful song right at it's peak, hazel eyes opened to see a helicopter touching down and foor a moment he considered ignoring it and keep going. Than a voice spoke calling out a name that hadn't been used in nine months. The voice was feminine but unfamilar and therefore his caution took hold once more.

A hand was placed on his shoulder and the name was asked for again, a simple shrug pushed off the hand and a smiling face turned to look at the woman who looked a bit like a quala in her attire. He couldn't help smiling since here he was in a shirt, pants, and boots living it up while she clung to the roots of her comfort. His eyes looked to the helicopter where two men sat looking there direction though it was hard to tell if they were armed. A moment of thought struck and he wondered if this was what his earlier feelings of caution was warning him about. Not the men in the chopper...but the woman who had come out to speak to him and furthermore used a name that was considered dead. Maul moved his gaze back to the woman where he continued smiling.

For a moment he considered just turning and walking away though he doubted that would work here, he had come here by accident but it seemed lady luck was still playing games. With her help he uncovered two things: 1. He was being followed and they knew who he had been. 2. There was someone out there keeping tabs on other heros and villains since he doubted it was just him they were interested in. Maul let out a breath through his nose forming a cold cloud. The biting wind didn't bother him at all which was something he couldn't say about the woman in front of him, his thoughts raced back to see if he remembered anyone following him but being known as Maul and a Champion it was hard to tell amongst the fans but none of them knew his real name. Jason Moore supposedly died nine months ago in a explosion. Maul at the time was across the world. On a computer no one could connect them as the same yet here was someone doing it and not only that...she came out here for a reason.

Maul studied her up and down though it was hard to fully tell through the clothes, she was fit and kind of cute but young. She moved with purpose and more than that she moved with experience. She was trained and very well done at that but something else about her. Maybe it was the eyes that spoke of things done she didn't want to remember...or couldn't. The eyes held more secrets and told more than anyone knew. A person having to face someone in the ring got use to reading those eyes. Finally his thouths returned to the question and he simply chuckled. "Sorry miss, got the wrong man. Name's Maul, Maybe you heard of me as the Ex World Wide Federation Champion. But I'm retired so if your a agent I have to stop you there, if yur a fan I can sign a autograph but I'm out here for a getaway you know. Beautiful land up here might build a house. Anyway, sorry I'm not who your looking for." Maul finished his words and turned around looking back over the landscape wondering if she was just going to leave now....thought he very much doubted it.
Maul
Maul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 10th 2012, 3:01 pm

Sheryll looked at man as he shrugged her off and went into an explanation of how she'd gotten the wrong guy.
Her eyes narrowed and though it was impossible to tell, a smile spread across her face.It wasn't the usual childlike smile she had on when she was off duty, but nor was it one of sadistic or malicious glee, no this smile rested firmly on the point of sarcasm. "Oh come now Mr. Moore, we both know the truth. At the very least you acknowledge that we've got the right guy, after all, do you have any idea how cold it is out here? If we came all this way for nothing then I'm going to cry."
Sheryll walked around in front him, having to look up to see his face. The man was almost a foot taller then her and looked like he murdered grizzly bears for his morning exercises. Sheryll sighed and walked a few feet. "Well regardless of whether you call yourself John Moore or Maul or even stromboni the dancing circus bear, I came all this way to find you." Sheryll said, looking out onto the vast expanse that was the Alaskan tundra. They were out in the middle of nowhere and this man was wearing a T-shirt. Sheryll was sure he was completely nuts, but then again, so were most people in this world. "Mr. Moore, my employers have a proposition for you, one I think you may wish to consider." She said, doing her best to sound less like an assassin or little girl and more like a business woman. Sheryll paced around giving the man time to think, but also formulating a plan of attack should he turn hostile. This man was touted for being not only a wrestling champion, but also superhumanly strong. A fight between them would mean that she would have to keep him at range. At the very least out here she could go full force without having to worry about collateral damage or environmental hazards. The most she had to be concerned about was slipping on some permafrost. Sheryll moved back around to face the man and tilted her head slightly.

"Well Mr. Moore, what's your answer? Will you listen to my proposal or not?"
she said in her off duty tone of voice, attempting an alternate approach. She suspected threats and blackmail would be about as effective at getting what she wanted as shooting someone in the kneecaps who you wanted to run a marathon.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

"A man who barely maintains an armistice with himself has no business poking about in a foreign soul"
Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Maul June 11th 2012, 9:21 am

A smile slid across his face followed by a laugh. This girl really was something else but not in a bad way, she was trying hard to sound like someone who spoke to politicians and buisness men daily. But her tne was all wrong, she was probably use t having her enemies tied up when she talked or not bother talking at all. However either way it went the woman gave off waves of trouble. Maul turned his head to the chopper once more seeing the two guys still sitting there trying to stay warm. Maul smirked unable to hide the slight glee in his hazel eyes at the discomfort of those who had followed him to this wasteland of ice and snow. Cold was a enemy that never tired, never rested, and could always get worse.

His eyes followed the woman as she strolled around most likely to keep her body warm and the blood flowing quickly, it was a little odd since he counted her as someone of great dicipline when she walked forward and in this little exchange she should have been ale to shut off the area of the mind that noticed the cold and stay alert. Now she was constantly moving and just by looking at her he could see several holes in her defense. However so far she hadn't shown any tendencies to fight except a slight jibe which was easy to look over. Maul once again turned his back to the wasteland as he thought about the girls words, he could hear her out at least. But knowing the nature of people her employers wanted something but they wanted someone else to do it because they were too weak themselves. Or to lazy from being stuffed with money and thinking the world was simply ripe for the plucking. But this fruit of a world came with a lot of things isnide it and not all of them good.

Jason Moore.....That name went through his mind like a bullet from the past, a name he killed, a name he discarded long ago was now being spoken by this woman and her organazation. He couldn't stop people from using the name and if it did go public he wouldn't care anyway. Jason Moore was dead, dead people didn't rise up again. Maul flicked his eyes to the woman and for a moment he wondered how many of her people knew she was out here...so many pipelines and thousands of miles of ice. She would never be found here in the cold tundra and then he could find all the peple who knew that name and bury them here too. He sighed shaking off such thoughts, he was a good guy and killing in cold blood wasn't his style anyway. But they used a name he didn't want to hear...a name that brought back feelings of anger, hatred, and rage. Maul took a deep breath trying once again to find his center and let out the bad energy that was filling his veins. It worked quite well because after three he was smiling again.

The woman wasn't very patient which was odd if she was suppose to be a negotiator or a buisness woman, no she wasn't patient at all. She was use to action and a lot of it....a tracker...a hunter....a assassin? She was something that was use to doing things not talking to people. He shook his head amazed by how much one could figure out just by watching and listening to someone. She was trying and that's what mattered, common courtesy forced him to at least acknowledge it but he knew it would sound more like a taunt than anything else. Dispite Maul's misgivings he was slightly curious about what the woman wanted, for a moment he thought he was overthinking it and she might just be some agent or a talent scout eager to bring him back to the ring and make a name for herself. Maul knew she wasn't but it was better than the alternative. Some super group wanting members, a evil organazation wanting pawns, or a military group wanting to fight fire with fire...or just people who profited off of blood and war. His eyes took a hard glint for a moment but was gone when he blinked. "Hearing your proposition is common courtesy missie, but I make no promises about my answer and if I don't like them...I suggest you simply just leave." Maul sat down in the snow and looked at her. "Begin if you will Kid." As he spoke his eyes locked onto hers and even now his body was ready if it came to physical attacks.
Maul
Maul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 11th 2012, 10:02 am

Sheryll puffed up her cheeks at the mention of her being a kid, she was nearly thirty for Christ's sake. She began pacing around again, her arms behind her back. This man was going to be tough to persuade to do anything, let alone what she had been assigned to make him do. This was Sheryll's first assignment that didn't include 'and then eliminate them' as part of the instructions. She paced and circled around the man, her feet leaving distinct tracks in the snow. She was wearing boots over her N.A.S. and it was rather cumbersome. Though if push came to shove she could easily dispense of the unnecessary pieces of her attire she would really prefer that not happen. The cold was getting to her, if only because she hated how unpleasant it made things feel. Looking over at the chopper, she saw the pilots shivering in the metallic cage that was the cockpit. She turned to look at Maul and said "Would you give me a moment sweetie, don't move a muscle, I'll be right back" she chimed as she ran over to the copter. "Hey guys! Open the hatch!" she yelled. The pilot kicked open the door, a necessity given how it had almost frozen shut.

"Yes ma'am, how can I help you this fine, fine day?" the pilot asked, his grasp of witty repartee becoming more apparent with each interaction Sheryll had with him.

"You can help me by getting out of here" she replied "You won't be doing anyone any favors staying here, and I'm pretty sure if you don't get the engines running again soon then it'll be frozen and we'll all be out of a ride. Head back to the airfield and refuel, I'm sure I'll be finished by the time you return" she said smiling, though he couldn't see it obviously. Smiling was just a natural habit for her, something she did compulsively rather than voluntarily. Some people had a nervous tic, a twitch of the eye or a clicking of the tongue. Sheryll had no such thing; she just smiled. The copter pilot nodded gratefully and closed the door. Even through the frosted over window, Sheryll could see the switches he was flicking and as the chopper blades began to spin she walked back over to where Maul was standing. "Sorry about that, don't get the wrong impression, I just didn't want to be stranded out here with a frozen chopper. They'll be back in about an hour... give or take a few minutes." She said, attempting to put him at ease. She could easily see how sending the copter away could be misconstrued. "Now, on to my proposal. Mr. Moore, I hate the cold so I'm not going to beat around the bush, the organization I work for would like your services for one mission. A trial if you will. I assure you it's in your best interest to comply" she said before adding "I'm not particularly inclined to believe you'll accept honestly, but that's not my job. My job is to offer the proposal to you and hope for the best"

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Maul June 13th 2012, 12:14 am

Maul watched the woman walk over to the chopper and send the pilots away, for a moment he wondered if she was planning something but common sense caught up before the thought fully matured. If she had come here for a fight she would have attacked already, she obviously had trouble with ice and cold and would most likely rather be drinking hot chocolate and sitting by a warm fire in a warm city. He however had no problems with the arctic tempertures and the deep snow that hid pockets as tall as a bear that was easy to fall into. His hazel eyes followed the chopper as it lifted off, he never really liked flying much. Being up really high with no control if you fell...a quick drop to the unforgiving earth and your bones shattering on impact sending bone shrapnel through the very organs it was designed to protect.

Maul had seen up close what it could look like when something went wrong having broken several of his opponents bones during fights. He knew a lot of people assumed wrestling to be fake but they wouldn't think so if they stepped into the ring. There was no faking a steel chair to the skull, the feel of a four hundred pound man slamming into you, or the unforgiving smash of a body as it leaped from ten feet in the air onto your body. Pain was a part of the job and if you were good at it you excelled. This girl obviously didn't like her own pain since she was covered in warm clothes. His mind turned back to the situation at hand when the woman returned walking up to him and finally offered why she came here. For a moment Maul considered just flipping her off and walking away. However he was too much of a gentleman for such a rude gesture and disrespectful tactic.

He shook his head before she even finished her words letting her know there was no chance. "Sorry kid, but I figured something like that was going down. Some organazation run by people who are to weak to do there own dirty work. They want me to bring down some villain, or crush a hero who has been causing them problems. Take this back to your boss...go to hell and leave me be." Maul's voice turned arctic cold on the last words. Maul had no intention of joining some group to make weak people happy, they wanted change they should do it themselves. "I'm no merc or hired hand to come running because someone has a issue with someone else, tell them to grow a pair and stop hiding behind people. You missey or no more than a tool to be thrown away when they're done with you or when you are no longer capable of handling the situation. Our until they replace you with someone better. Think of your life before giving it blindly to others." Maul turned away and began walking while lifting a hand to wave. "Sorry kid, I don't jump through hoops for cowards." His voice was final on the last words and even held a sharp edge to them as a warning.
Maul
Maul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 13th 2012, 12:41 am

Sheryll sighed, she hated it when they wouldn't go quietly, when they didn't go quietly she usually had to kill them as they never surrendered... even after she hacked off three of their limbs. She had offered him a job, a life, and more then that, she had offered him survival, her warm bubbly persona slowly receded as her cold mission self took hold, the smile that perpetually coated her features disappeared as a small unfeeling frown replaced it. "Well then Mr. Moore..." She said in a low voice, so low it was almost a whisper "I'm afraid you're going to have to be dealt with"
Her voice was as cold as the surrounding tundra. Sheryll removed her mask and goggles, the cold no longer affected her, the biting wind little more than a battlefield hazard to factor in to her calculations, this was a battlefield she was not used to, its various intricacies not entirely unknown, but she was far from familiar with it. The cold was not a problem however, not for her. She was the ultimate assassin, the ultimate soldier, she couldn't be beaten and never disobeyed her orders. That was enough for her. She was the Iron Maiden, the Angel of Death. The last person who had dared to fight back once she used her powers was little more than a bloody heap in some warehouse. For Sheryll, this life she had been given was the best she could have asked for. She had a loving father, a high paying job, and no one could ever hurt her. She blinked, and whispered "This is Agent 0173, Codename: Gossamer, requesting permission to capture and/or terminate target. Target identity, Jason Moore, alias: Maul. Use of level 3 force requested." she waited for several seconds as he walked away, her internal systems measuring the exact distance.

"Level 3 clearance granted, capture or eliminate the target."

"Clearance received, preparing to terminate, acquisition of corpse is expected as target will not go peacefully"

"Understood A0173. Command out."

Sheryll looked over at the man and waited until he was about 30 meters away before firing a single wire from her index finger, its small bladed tip ripping through the air, the metallic fiber's normal screech muffled by the arctic wind. She watched as it quickly came upon its intended target, she had aimed for the heart and he appeared to not even realize its presence. If he resisted, she was prepared to go full force on him. He was little better than any of the other superhuman scum she had been assigned to apprehend over the years. He held that same arrogant Darwinist philosophy on life that sickened her. Just because he had been gifted with natural abilities he thought the world should all fend for itself. He disgusted her with his arrogant ways. Sheryll didn't truly HATE anyone but this man's arrogance and blatant disregard for her offer simply because she wasn't at the top was almost enough to put her at the edge, on the surface however, she maintained her cold persona, its icy eyes glaring as the wire ripped ever closer to its target...

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Maul June 13th 2012, 12:53 am

Maul could feel the caution rising in him as he walked away and he came to a stop, his breathing grew calmer as he took hold of that experience in the ring and let his surrondings speak to him once more. His little walk had done more than just put distance between them, it had given him a awarness of what he dubbed his "Ring" And now that ring would be his playground with his now opponent. Instinct took over and he turned while side stepping the bladed tendril that came at him, his hazel eyes stared at the girl and for a moment a look of pity was on his features. "Poor girl, nothing more than a mindless killer. I wonder if you have ever even lived or experienced what life is about, maybe you still will. We shall see." His hands came together with a resounding crash that send a Thunderclap slamming across the tundra ripping up ice and snow towards the target woman, as the wave went further it expanded until twenty feet in both directions were tearing up by the powerful sound wave.

As the wave moved closer Maul took the oppurtuinity to run forward behind the wave using it's destructive power to protect him, his long strides combined with the strength of his body propelled him forward but he held back from passing the wave of sound. His hand came down sinking his fingers into the cold frozen ice and ripping up a block of ice, earth, and stone. The slab he picked up he used as a shield while running forward. The sound wave he doubted would be the end of her and he doubted even more there wasn't more of those bladed tendrils in the woman. Now however he has a shield and he was much much closer to his target. As the battle began the wind picked up blowing hard towards his sound causing it to weaken and waver and making small pockets. That was a downfall to the attack but it was still strong enough to reach the woman and though not as dangerous as before it would cause enough damage for constant pain in the body if connected.

Maul
Maul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 13th 2012, 1:16 am

Gossamer looked at Maul as he whipped away from her initial wire, -no easy feat considering it was moving at nearly 60mph at the time- and turned towards her.
He said something which she didn't catch, it didn't matter, she didn't care what he had to say unless it was 'I surrender' though she honestly didn't expect him to say that.

Moments later, he smacked his hands together, a large shock wave of sound producing itself from his palms, its intensity readily apparent from the moment it was created, the wave of sound surged forward at high speed, tearing up the environment around it, but the closer it got, the less force it carried, and by the time it arrived at her it was little more then a pleasant breeze washing over her, if that was all he could muster then she wasn't worried.

She saw him rushing in behind the wave and flipped backwards, this wasn't anything new to her, superhuman's with strength on par with Maul's always tried indirect ways to get close to her... and it never worked, they always thought that just because she was a small, they could just run up and pummel her with little effort. While she didn't show it, she truly enjoyed putting superhuman thugs such as this one in their place. While normally she would have smiled, Sheryll simply maintained her cold expression and began rapidly spinning her petite body quickly becoming a swirling vortex of pain and agony. For this opening move she only decided to use her hand wires.

Maul was already well within her range after all and it was a simple matter for her to take him out now. It was a shame really, he could have made a worthy ally, but he had chosen the path of resistance, the path of death. Sheryll wondered why they never just took the damn offer. It wasn't unpleasant, working for her father. In fact, it was actually a lot of fun.

You generally got to do whatever you wanted until he told you that you were needed somewhere and even then the assignments were mostly easy.

Sheryll had no problem completing any of hers so far and she didn't think this one would be any harder, after all he appeared to only have super strength, but then again, that usually came with some form of super endurance from her experience.

Sheryll expected that this man wasn't used to losing at anything, which is one of the only reasons she could come up with for why he would be so arrogant as to charge straight at her without considering the consequences.

Had he thought the shock wave would protect him from her wires? Had he thought that she would be unable to fight if rushed her? Sheryll didn't know and quite frankly didn't give a damn, all she knew was that he was at the end of the line. She pondered all this as her spinning form quickly turned into a whirling cyclone of death, its blades long, sharp, and deadly fast.

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Maul June 13th 2012, 1:35 am

Maul grinned as the sound wave stopped it's massive impact before it hit her, a clever ruse and a simple one. He knew the tundra would distill most of it and now she was even closer. He wondered for a moment why she attacked him. Was it because he refused to be her owners slave, to be a dog on a leash who attacked when a master pointed and said "Sick em"? This woman was something else and she had potential she would never fully understand. Not while she was on a leash, her master held it tight so he would have power. Now she was going to see what power really was. Maul was impressed with her power but she had revealed her weapons too soon, her body started to spin and Maul leaped into the air but not before one of the whips cracked him across the ankle causing a light cut to appear on his leg. However his powerful endurance kept him going up instead of knocking him away.

His body angled as he continued going up, and up. A hundred feet into the air his eyes stared down at the woman, a look of pity on his face once more. He knew he would have to endure what came next from himself and her but it was going to take something he didn't want to do to show her what power could really be...and maybe open her eyes to the dog she was being used as. Maul felt gravity take it's hold once more and turning so his head was pointed at the ground inches from the womans feet he plummeted. The velocity of the fall added to the power of the man impacted all at once as Maul hit the ground with his fist. The ground caved in about ten feet in width and sent a rolling shockwave in a 360 direction causing it to roll for a moment and spill heavy snow into the air. If the technique worked as planned than the cyborg chick would be thrown off balance allowing Maul to step forward and drive a strong right uppercut for her jaw.

Maul
Maul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach June 16th 2012, 12:03 am

Sheryll staggered backwards out of her spinning attack, her mind focused in despite her dazed appearance, she had only used her hand wires against this man and that was a mistake, one she cataloged in her memory and would review later. She saw as he rushed in, apparently hoping to take advantage of the momentary lapse in her attack. In less than a second she had calculated his angle of attack as well as the speed at which she would need to move to avoid it. If she had been anywhere but on a mission, she would have smiled. This was more like a game than a battle. This man's maneuvers were simple and straight forward and that would prove to be his undoing. Sheryll sighed softly as the man moved in close, his fist less than a foot from her face. The attack was almost in slow motion for her given her superior speed and her ability to perceive the world at a much higher frame count than the average human. Sheryll had fought humans with super strength before and she wasn't much of a fan. In general, when they hit it was the equivalent of being punched by a steel fist filled with lead. She could take it, as long as she didn't let herself get pummeled, she was fine. One punch, even one to her jaw, wouldn't do much besides hurt like hell.

"It's over Mr. Moore" she said coldly as she shot out her chest wires and moved her arms in for an embrace. Her hand wires were retracting, already less than an inch to go before they were fully in her hands again. and if she could catch him, she would fire all of her wires into him at once. He would be trapped in a bladed bear hug. Sheryll thought about how fast she would have to spin once she had him trapped in order to knock him out. It wouldn't be too much, considering how much damage she would be inflicting to him with her wires. His body would be torn asunder with the combined force of her wires and the centrifugal force she would generate from spinning. Sheryll prepared herself mentally AND physically for the impending strike. She knew of this man's super strength and she knew it was gonna hurt like hell, but she needed to take the blow if she was to initiate her endgame. It didn't matter how strong or how durable he was, if she got him in this attack, he would be filled with more holes than a pincushion. She began thinking about going back to New York and having a doughnut and coffee with lots of sugar and milk. Sheryll didn't normally like coffee, she normally found its taste overly bitter and disgusting, but after this, it would be a welcome addition to her diet for at least a week. Sheryll quickly went back to the battle at hand and once again braced herself for the incoming attack.

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Maul June 16th 2012, 10:30 am

Maul shifted his body so he was closer, his eyes locked with hers. His other hand came around and slammed with his right hand causing that famous Thunderclap a foot from the womans body. The force released from those hands at point blank range was devastating much like being hit with a car going a hundred mph. The ice under his feet shattered and the snow around them became a thick screen as it filled the air. But the wide force of the used Thunderclap was directed fully at the womans midsection. Maul had met people like this before, blindly following orders and not even seeing they had become what they hated most. This woman acted smart, like she was above the rest. Maul knew the truth, this woman was nothing more than a mindless killer who would continue to attack people because they didn't follow her beliefs. Here he was out in the Tundra minding his own buisness and thinking of making a house. He didn't ask for this fight, but the pride of some girl and her master pushed him to this day.

His foot slammed down as the Thunderclap sounded sending a shockwave out that rolled the ground making the area unstable and hard to use speed or little tricks to dodge on unsafe terrain. The woman when he attacked being only a foot away would feel the entire force of the Thunderclap for it went high in the air and to both sides making a wall of force and ear drum shattering sound. Alot of people assumed all a Thunderclap did was throw someone but it did s much more than that. The force of it hitting close would shatter the eardrums and rattle if not break teeth if the jaw was set much like a concussion grenade. Only his grenades were his hands. If the attack connected it would hurl miss Gossamer hundreds of yards backwards with powerful force and possibly break bone from the point blank range. Not to mention anything sent at him would be forced away by the powerful wave of sound.
Maul
Maul

Back to top Go down

Post by Brorschach July 7th 2012, 12:36 pm

Gossamer smacked Maul and left.

I.N.S.A.N.E.
Spoiler:

Blackwing
Spoiler:

Blame Jack

Brorschach
Brorschach
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 7th 2012, 12:44 pm

Topic trashed due to Maul letting it die.
Gossamer gains EXP, but minus the five words at the end. >_>

-My DeviantArt-
(Alaska) Ice, Snow, and other aches. JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top