The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Museum Mishaps (Heiress) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Museum Mishaps (Heiress)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Museum Mishaps (Heiress) Empty Museum Mishaps (Heiress)

Post by Super Cutie April 19th 2012, 10:17 pm

The world famous Miskatonic University’s Historical Society opened a new museum in Boston, so of course they needed to have a party the night before the grand opening. Between the professors, the celebrities, and the heiresses, it was a who’s who of east coast high society. That made it an easy party for Clayton to crash. The crowd was far too full of themselves to give a damn what anyone else was doing, and that’s the way he liked it.

Most of them hadn’t even given the newly unveiled main attraction of the museum: The Pharaoh’s Star. An egg-sized, black star sapphire; it was by far one of the most expensive gems in the world. It was found during the 1930 excavation of a desert tomb in Egypt. According to legend, the gem contained the soul of a wicked would-be pharaoh trapped there for eternity by the gods as punishment for turning against them in favor of some darker, forgotten deity from beyond the stars. Which would be king and which deity was anyone's guess, as any actual mention of their names were curiously removed from the tomb by vandals some centuries earlier.

Clayton had seen enough strangeness in his time to be more than a little superstitious about such things, but even he found the tale of the gem hard to swallow. It, like everything else in the Egypt exhibit, was on loan from some zillionaire family Clayton had hardly even heard of. Most of it was standard museum fare, but the Star was quite unique. It switched hands between wealthy collectors so often that it was hard to keep track of. Apparently, no one who owned it could stand to hold on to the thing very long. So he figured they might not even mind the gem coming home with him.

It was getting late, but the guests didn’t seem to mind. For some reason no one ever wanted to be the first to leave those parties. This bugged Clayton quite a bit, because in order to keep up appearances, he was actually on the clock as a caterer. His slicked wig and fake goatee gave a certain authenticity to the uniform he wore. He most definitely looked the part of the working 20-something that was just trying to get by. He wondered how anyone could stand living in such a way. The constant demand for champagne and finger sandwiches was surprisingly difficult to keep up with while trying to scope out the building’s security. The barked orders from a boss that was too dumb to know who was working under him certainly did not aid things.

Luckily, Clayton felt he had enough of his devices in place to accomplish his task later and turned to leave. He turned a bit too quickly, though, and felt his body make contact with another before his head could turn to see who they even were. The glasses of champagne his tray was carrying hit the floor with a loud, ringing clash. He swallowed hard when noticed that all eyes were on him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Museum Mishaps (Heiress) Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down