The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_voting_barA Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_voting_barA Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Gem of a Proposal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 Empty Re: A Gem of a Proposal

Post by BlackOut September 6th 2011, 4:48 pm

Mars didn’t even have a chance to responded to the woman’s response before his attention was drawn somewhere else. The original thief appeared behind the woman, deftly slipping his hand into the pouch that she had placed the statue in and snatching it for himself. Mars drew his gun immediately aiming it over the top of the woman’s shoulder, at the thief behind her. He was prepared to fire if the man made as much as a twitch.

That’s when all hell broke loose. The trigger happy fool from before had appeared on the rooftop shortly after the thief. The fool announced he actions as he made them leaping toward the group with his leg extended outward. It took only a split second for Mars to see that the man hurtling toward him at a great speed was not only a persistent nuisance but also a threat. Mars decided that he might as well shoot him in the face now while he had the shot instead of dealing with the fool later. Snapping his aim from the thief to take aim at the head of the airborne man Mars started to pull the trigger, when he heard shots being fired and bullets fly by him. This was followed by a smoke grenade that bounced up against his leg.

The thick dark smoke flooded into the air from the capsule that was laying at his feet. The source of this bothersome turn of events made herself clear. She was yelling something about bounties and what not, Mars really was not paying attention to her words, only to where they were coming from. Even through the smoke, he could make out her general direction and she made it even easier for him once she started firing into the smoke cloud. One of the rounds she had let off struck him in the shoulder. The bullet flattened against his near impenetrable ski n and fell harmlessly to the ground.

Mars jumped back away from the woman and the thief, realizing that he had no idea what they were really capable of he wanted to avoid being hit with something that could actually hurt him while he was blind. Mars crouched down in a defensive stance as he fluttered his eye lashes. As he did this his vision quickly shifted into its thermal state, soon the dark smoke filled environment was replaced by multicolored heat signatures. The warmly colored humanoid shapes that belonged to his competitors were now able to be seen clearly through the smoke.

Taking swift action his left hand shot toward his second pistol that was strapped under his right arm. Drawing the weapon he took aim at the brightly colored shape that belonged to the woman who had opened fire on them. He squeezed the trigger of his pistol four times letting his return fire fly at her center mass. The familiar sound, smell even taste that came with firing his weapon came rushing back to him. Mars allowed his combat instincts to have control over his actions for the time being as he flipped his gaze away from the newcomer back to the three people positioned in front of him. He raised his right hand, aiming his pistol at the group as he prepared for the shootout that felt would be inevitable.

BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lieutenant Laines September 10th 2011, 11:17 am

Kassandra had been so focused on the man in front of her that her guard had been temporarily let down to any other attackers. That brief period of time was all the little thief needed to snatch the jade statue back from her. Damn it, that quick little rat is gonna’ ruin everything! Her head snapped back to see the loser crack his lame joke, but she refused to take her sights off the mysterious man. She was grounded between the two, worried he would open fire on her if she made any sudden moves. Things were getting chaotic, and she got the feeling it was only going to get worse. All these thieves, assassins, mercenaries or whatever, fighting against each other out here was pointless and detrimental to their own causes; all for this little piece of jade she held in her hand just moments ago.

Just then, monkey boy decided to show up and play his part. Monkey boy made for a great distraction, one she would need to get her prize back, but he was such a goof. Did he really need to shout his attack? He was like a cheesy cartoon character. She would’ve shaken her head and called him an idiot if she had the time. Kassandra was about to make her move when another intervened, great, just what she needed. At the very least she wasn’t the one being targeted.

Someone had the distance on them, and was firing wildly with a sniper rifle. From here the sniper could pick them all off one by one, Kassandra either needed to get close, or get off the rooftops. Unfortunately none of the sniper’s bullets hit any of these guys; in her opinion the sniper was clumsy. The smoke grenade however served as a great distraction, and Kassandra swiftly took advantage of it. Another barrage of bullets followed, this time from a handgun, they seemed more like warning shots than an actual attack. The mysterious attacker’s attention went to the bold shooter, and Kassandra’s went to the little rat that snatched the jade dragon.

Reaper’s attack held him off, she hoped for it to be a direct hit, but could not count on that. She sprinted in towards the thief and if she got close enough, she’d go for a powerful leaping tackle in an attempt to temporarily take the fight from the rooftops. Did these guys really think they could cause all this chaos and someone wouldn’t get involved? If they didn’t get out of here soon, they were all gonna’ be screwed. Better them than her though, so she figured get the guy with what she wanted and get out.

Oddly, she did find them all to be extremely skilled, the rat was swift and quiet, managed to steal something from her; hardly anyone does that. Reaper’s response was powerful and reliable, though he was an idiot, he got the job done. And this other guy, she didn’t catch much of it, but he knew what he was doing and was well prepared. Not many people can move like he does, it was incredible, all of these guys. Still not as good as her though. As for this sniper, she couldn’t be sure about her, didn’t see much, but to be able to keep up with this group says a whole lot. Idiots could make good money if they weren’t here squabbling like children.
Lieutenant Laines
Lieutenant Laines
Femme Fatale

Quote : "Tch, I can totally say something cool. I'll uhh-, shoot you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 10th 2011, 2:49 pm

Ivan had been expecting the man, so as he came up into the kick Ivan dipped low, attempting to avoid it, at almost the same time the smoke bomb went off and bullets began raining down on the roof, while in front of him the smoke swirled and he could make out Kassandra's shape moving to intercept him, he smiled as an idea popped into his head.

He was facing towards Kass, so he dropped the hand with the dragon in it to the ground, making a resounding clang, he then spun to the right, dragging the statue across the ground slightly with a grating noise, making it seem as if he had thrown it off to the side as he turned his back towards her, actually tossing the dragon at her chest, turning her tackle into a slam that knocked him off the edge of the building, though his anticipation allowed him to catch the edge of the building, he looked down and dropped to the canopy of the apartment below

Last edited by Da Boss on September 12th 2011, 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Traxler September 12th 2011, 1:42 pm

The flying jump kick failed marvelously as he sailed clean over the man that he had been trying to kick in the back, but it was no matter, the distraction had been successful and that was the overall goal of it all. As he landed on the ground he noticed the guy that had been just about to shoot him square in the face which would have been really crappy if that had actually happened but a few other things happened that prevented that luckily. Bullets rained down and a smoke grenade went off as the villain landed low to the ground from his flying jump kick. Then there were more shots fired but none of them seemed to be aimed for him. “You,” he yelled in the direction of the man that had been aiming to shoot his beautiful face, “you were going to shoot me in the face without so much as telling me before hand.” The villain then began to run for the other villain he had yelled to just a moment ago still screaming, “You’re going to be the first one I kill here. Do you hear me? The very first.”

The only thing the man had to go on as far as if he was attacking the right guy or not was where the man had been before the smoke grenade and the bullets that had seemed to emanate from where he had been close to at least. Following all these things, Mister Reaper lashed out with a powerful punch for what was supposed to be the man. With so many things going on though if Mister Reaper happened to miss or if an attack was thrown back at him he was more than prepared to duck to his right and again go for the man he had set out to kill, although he might instead go for a round house kick. If it was good enough for Chuck Norris it was good enough for the villain about to possibly use it.

With all of this going on it was hard to tell if the woman he had fought on the roof tops earlier that month was still safe or not. Mister Reaper hoped that she was still all right because if she was not then he would be unable to kill her in the near future. There were few things the man was truly good at and killing was possibly the only one. He would be the best man to kill the woman, and he would make sure that he gave her the best death since it was what she deserved. Mister Reaper did not know where these odd feelings were coming from or what exactly they were but for the time being he pushed them down and ignored them like he ignored all the other things like; pain, sadness, hurt, depression, and loneliness.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 TravisTraxlersGrid_zpsfb787d3d
Travis Traxler
Travis Traxler
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Everdeen September 12th 2011, 11:12 pm

Chloe Could see small objects flying on the sonar and made a jump to avoid them. She quickly dropped, rolled over and sprung back up. Backflipping to the man she made a punch at his head. Ducking for anything he might throw she knocked the gun from his hand with a swift kick. She missed another punch hoping her blades may scrape him up. She dived at his legs to take him down, quickly standing up to avoid any oncoming attacks, she didn't notice if he had fallen or not.

We aren't getting anywhere and the cops will be here in moment, she thought as sirens wailed. She needed to get out of here. These people were mindlessly brawling as cops arrived. She made another move and dived off the building. Noticing a man on a canopy before landing she turned and shot a bomb at the top of the building. 30 seconds until explosion, she wanted them to get away. They needed to think for a moment. Maybe she could reason with them, but she didn't think she could especially not Reaper.

Last edited by Chloe Everdeen on September 18th 2011, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chloe Everdeen (Night Owl):
Spoiler:

Scarlet Hemsworth:

Spoiler:
A Gem of a Proposal - Page 2 Powerg13
Chloe Everdeen
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut September 15th 2011, 11:13 am

Mars watched as through the smoke as the thief tumbled off the side of the building with the statue still in his possession. Everything else came second he had to get his hands on this statue first that’s all that mattered right now. Scanning the rooftop quickly he saw the fool charging at him with a cocked fist. The punch hit Mars square in the jaw, and made him stumble back a few steps but that was about it. It stung a little but it was nothing major.

That’s the best you can do?” he laughed. “I thought you would have something a little better than that in store to back up all that bravado.” Mars considered shooting him in the face now but he decided against it he had to get off the roof and get the statue as fast as he could now. Feeling a something hit his hand and knock his gun up into the air turned to see the bounty hunter girl also attacking him. “Oh two on one now this just isn’t fair.” He smiled as both of his combatants followed up with a second attack. The girl dove at his legs trying to take them out. Mars easily vaulted over bringing his knees up to his chest and landing on the other side of the girl catching his gun as he did. Pivoting on his back foot he faced his two enemies once again and aimed both of his pistols at them ready to take the two of them out.

Unfortunately he was distracted by the unmistakable cries of incoming police cars that was growing ever louder. This was not the way this was meant to go down, this was supposed to be quick and a quiet an easy job. A rooftop shoot out was nowhere in his plans, and since he did not like the idea of fighting off a whole police squadron he took a second to consider his actions. Begrudgingly he lowered his weapons and made his way to the side of the building. As the smoke began to dissipate he shifted his vision back to its normal state.

Coming to ha halt at the edge of the building where he had seen the thief fall off, Mars looked down seeing the thief on a canopy down below. Mars considered his options and the pesky sirens that were no longer in the background won out. Mars jumped forward to the neighboring building across the alley. Landing on his toes and breaking down into a roll to slow his momentum. He was not totally sure who had the statue at this point and with the police arriving in droves and surrounding the building he decided it would be best to say out of sight until he knew who had the little gem in their possession.

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Job : Rockstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lieutenant Laines September 18th 2011, 4:10 am

Thanks to a swift reaction, she recovered the jade dragon with ease. Didn’t feel too great to have that slam into her chest, but she was a tough woman and swiftly recovered. Almost as if it didn’t hurt her at all, she kept barreling forward. The slick bastard spun around and moved make his escape, but he wouldn’t get off that easy. Kassandra slammed her shoulder into him, aggressively sending him over the edge and possibly to his death, but deep down she knew this loser would survive it. Though it puzzled her, why would he steal it just to hand it back? This guy was the one to steal it in the first place. Was this some kind of game to him?

When she turned to view the others, through the smoke she could see three figures combating one another. Reaper held them off while she retrieved the dragon, might not have been what he planned, but it worked out perfectly for her. Now she just needed to get their attention, and time was running out.

Kassandra walked through the cloud towards the group, coming to a halt a few yards away. Though her mysterious attacker left the rooftop they were on, the jade dragon they all fought to acquire was in her hands, holding it up for a brief moment before carelessly tossing it to the ground in front of her. Without hesitation she slung one of her pistols from their holster, a split second later firing off a warning shot into the sky. The power her weapons packed could easily shatter the small statue.

After her stunt, she lowered the gun to the dragon, threatening everyone’s mission. After cocking the gun Kassandra shouted,"Hey idiots!" In an attempt to grab their attention.“I’ve got your precious little statue right here. So unless you want it in a million pieces, I suggest you listen up.”
Lieutenant Laines
Lieutenant Laines
Femme Fatale

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 20th 2011, 3:25 pm

Ivan turned his fall into a backflip, grabbing the lip of the building and immediately letting go, dtropping a few feet until his feet touched the edge of a windowsill, gravity started pulling him back, away from the building to the street below, but he kicked off hard, sending him flying up into the air in another flip as he landed, his feet firmly planted where just the tips of his fingers had been just a second ago

He looked around, the woman who had just knocked him off had her gun pointed at the statue, he grinned, he hadn't been wrong in putting back into her possesion, she was a wild card, she made this incredibly interesting, much more so than the other dead pans who were also after the statue, he couldn't help but let out a small laugh as he stood ther, waiting for what might happen next, he doubted she'd actually destroy the dragon, but he wasn't sure, and that uncertainty lightened his heart a bit, today was going well.

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Traxler September 22nd 2011, 9:35 pm

Mister Reaper’s fist made contact with the man he had intended to punch but it had less direct effect than he had intended for but that was no matter. The man then made a snide comment but that too was no real matter as it took more to get the villain truly angry. Listening to everything around him, Mister Reaper hear the sirens getting closer, a much bigger squad was being deployed this time, possibly even SWAT, but it made little to no difference to most of the people fighting. Everything was happening fast and things were beginning to get hard for the man to follow.

Then everything got quiet, the woman, the same one that had been robbing a different museum earlier in the month was doing something important. She pointed a gun directly at the object they were all trying to steal, most for money but Mister Reaper was just going for the notoriety of having stolen it, and she was ready to break in. The words she spoke emphasized her point and Mister Reaper could not help himself but listen. The woman was definitely impressive that much was certain but could she hold everyone’s attention that long? That was the real question.

Not one to pass a chance to make an awkward moment more awkward, Mister Reaper spoke up so that everyone could hear him, “Yeah, shoot it. I want to see the thing explode.” Looking over to one of the people around him he continued, “Should be pretty cool. Am I right?” He then began to walk towards the woman and the dragon, speaking the whole while, “If you can’t do it I will. So you don’t have to be the one to do it,” Mister Reaper might have sounded almost sweet, some buried emotions getting the better of him, but he made sure to change that quickly. “Because, as you can all see, I’m evil,” He said in his scary voice, which sounded something like gravel being eaten by a blender, which is mostly just hard to understand and nothing else, before giving a hearty laugh.

Travis Traxler
Travis Traxler
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Everdeen September 26th 2011, 7:46 pm

The other woman held a gun up to the statue and yelled at them about it. She knew that she wouldn't destroy it, too valuable. Unless she was crazy. But it didn't matter, if it was destroyed Chloe would have the chance to kill Reaper and claim her prize. And if it wasn't, she could always steal it. Reaper then walked over to the girl and talked about destroying it. "Remember, enunciate." She mocked a bit. This guy needed to speak clearer. She kept her eyes on the woman with the statue and said, "Spit it out." She was a bit impatient, the cops, swat or whatever they were would be here any moment. They had to get off of here before it came. She wasn't letting the cops take her pay.

Spoiler:

Scarlet Hemsworth:

Spoiler:
Chloe Everdeen
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut September 28th 2011, 1:52 pm

The single shot rang out in the air drawing everyone’s attention. The fighting had stopped and everyone was focused on the woman. Shouting at them to listen to her she aimed he gun m menacingly at the small statue. Mars watched his eye widened, as he watched her standing over the little green object that the five of them were all gunning for she aimed her gun at the statue. He couldn’t have her destroy the it; it was worth too much to his employer, which made it worth something to him. He quickly ran through his options in his head; the only viable one was to lay down his arms and hear the woman out everything else seemed too risky.

Reluctantly he jumped back across to the rooftop that they all stood on. Landing gently on the ledge of the roof he slid his guns back into their holsters and approached the group that all surrounded the woman. Crossing his arms over his chest he watched her cautiously. What was her end game what the hell did she want? He couldn’t help wonder as he stared at the woman she was intriguing to say the very least.

So what do you have to say?” he asked. He glanced away from the woman, looking down to his prize that lay just a few short feet away from him. He could have taken his chances and gone for the statue now, but he didn’t want to take the risk. Besides he was genuinely interested in what the woman was planning to do. Though he wished she would get on with it though. The sound of the incoming police sirens was now screaming in his ear. He realized that the authorities were now amassing all around the building, that fact made him quite uncomfortable.

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lieutenant Laines September 30th 2011, 8:00 pm

Getting their attention was the easy part, making her point to a bunch of trained assassins, now that was going to be difficult. She intended to get this over with as quickly as possible, having the screeching sirens in her ears was a constant annoying reminder; she was surprised a chopper hadn’t shown up yet. Kassandra expected Mister Reaper to be difficult, but him telling her to just shoot it took away from her control over the situation; she didn’t like that. Her free hand silently slipped behind her, gripping her other gun tightly as he approached.

“I’m evil..”

Kassandra allowed the creep to finish before slinging her gun from its holster and immediately firing off a round at him. The bullet whizzed by his head, another warning shot. She didn’t want to kill him, or even injure him too badly; she needed him at full strength in case things didn’t work out. Just wanted to give the Reaper a scare, a reminder that he isn’t the only one who’s ‘crazy’. “Shut up Reaper.” Kassandra scowled menacingly, keeping her gun pointed at him as her light brown optics fiercely stared him down. “You aren’t the only one who’s ‘crazy’.”

Being extremely alert and defensive at the moment, Kassandra easily heard the small laugh from behind her. Using her peripheral vision, she was able to see who it came from, though she was already certain who it was. Her suspicions were correct, that loser survived and was here mocking her. Why didn’t he make an attack when he had the chance? Why was he just observing? She didn’t have time to answer those questions, but they surely puzzled her. Kassandra briefly turned her head to speak over her shoulder, “You too.” The bold woman threatened as she cocked the gun most recently fired. ”Shut up and listen.” She said coldly as her head turned back to view the rest of the group, now pointing one gun at them and the other at the statue.

The other two were rushing her, both demanding that she hurry this along. Their impatient eyes all followed her, just waiting to hear what she had to say, or maybe waiting for a moment to strike. Couldn’t blame them for being impatient, but she had a lot to deal with. It wasn’t easy trying to reason with people like this. A bead of sweat dripped down her forehead, feeling a small lump in her throat as she stared the group down. Kassandra pushed her feelings and worrying aside, she had to be fearless, or at least pretend to be; something she was extraordinarily skilled at. “Yeah, yeah, I’m getting to it.” Kassandra forced out the words, but they still radiated with power and authority. The fear for her own wellbeing could only be noticed by a mind reader.

The courageous woman nodded down to the jade statue before continuing. ”So all of you want this little statue here, right?” Kassandra didn’t wait for a response, it was obvious. ”Shame, with a little cooperation, we could’ve done without any of this chaos and been on our way to a nice paycheck. Better than walking away with nothing..” As the last word rolled off her tongue, her finger pulled the trigger and fired a powerful round into the statue. It shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces, scattering across the rooftop in a rain of jade shards. “Now everyone loses."

Against her better judgment, Kassandra lowered her weapons and returned them to their holsters. Her fierce eyes traced the group standing before her, now they had no reason to be here. Unless they just wanted to kill each other, or her. She hoped the fighting had come to an end for now, the possibility of them teaming up against her did not sit well with her.

They were all very skilled and could’ve completed the mission if it weren’t for this chaotic interference, but working for different employers against each other caused all of them to fail. Kassandra couldn’t help but wonder who was being paid the most, she assumed herself considering her tough negotiation skills and ego, but it still scratched at the back of her mind. With people like this, they could do jobs around the country for the highest pay instead of competing against one another. Maybe eventually spread their work to the rest of the world, but it seemed more like a dream than something she could really do. Kassandra hadn’t really ever thought of putting anything together until today, she’d always been a solo act, probably mostly always will be. But how on earth would she even go about it? The bold woman had no clue, she just went with her gut and spat out her thoughts.

“ You probably don’t like me very much right now, and don’t worry, that won’t change, but hear me out. Seeing how this solo act got us nowhere, let’s try something new…. I want you all to work with me, yes, even you two...” She said with a nod back to the loser observing everything and a brief glare to Reaper. ”It obviously would’ve only taken one or two of us to get the job done. Imagine how much more we could accomplish with a little compromise. How much more we could earn when there isn't a competition...Whether you're in it for the money or the thrill, I assure if you work with me, you'll get plenty of both.” Kassandra felt like she was rambling without purpose, like they were all looking at her like she was crazy. She simply shrugged and sighed, unsure of where to go from here. “Guess I can’t expect anyone to jump on board, but just…remember what I said, think about it.

If no one made any attempts to stop her, Kassandra would turn away from the group and begin walking towards the roof’s edge; where the ‘loser’ had been observing from. “I’ll find a way to contact you, I always do.” She said to the group as she walked away, intending to make an exit before they ran out of time. Kassandra would come to a halt at the roof’s edge, awaiting some sort of response from any of them; she was curious of what they had to say.
Lieutenant Laines
Lieutenant Laines
Femme Fatale

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 30th 2011, 10:05 pm

Ivan slowly picked the woman's thoughts apart as she mad her small speech to the group, she was analyzing all of them, sizing them up, they were all highly trained and all at odds and some part of her almost seemed.. Dismayed, Ivan surmised, the woman intrigued him to say the least, a strange respect formed at that moment as Ivan watched her eyes darting to and fro from fighter to fighter.

Suddenly her gun rang out and as a slow smile crept ever higher onto Ivans face the statue exploded into a hundred different pieces, a twinkle shimmered in his eyes that one could almost compare to the same glint that came off the shards as they cascaded across the concrete rooftop, he lifted his hand almost imperceptibly and caught one of the shards as it flew past him, he pocketed the tiny piece of jade, a nice memento for the day.

The woman skirted around her idea, she was obviously a loner, but Ivan couldn't quite put his finger on what she was getting at, some sort of mercenary group? It reminded Ivan of his days with Owen when they had formed their own merc company, it filled him with a certain nostalgia that he quickly brushed off as the woman finished up her speech and slowly walked to the edge of the building, as she came towards him Ivan thought deeply for a moment, this could be an amazing opportunity, this woman offered a certain sense of purpose that Ivan didn't have and knowing this he decided he couldn't let the chance literally walk away from him.

As the woman walked past Ivan turned and stood beside her on the lip of the building "Thrills you say? Well thrills are hardly something to be passed up, whatever you may be thinking, whatever you might see when you look at this band of assorted misfits, cling to that idea, this world is bland and there are few people in it with the ability to change it, you could be one of those people, and I am quite honestly fascinated by the fire in your eyes, whatever this is, if its anything at all, its too good for me to just walk away from" He finished slowly in a low tone, he knew the others would be chiming in shortly, but he wanted her to know he was at least interested in whatever it is she had to say.

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Traxler October 6th 2011, 1:44 am

Mister Reaper listened to the words that the woman spoke and gave them more thought than what most people said, not a common thing. His previous remarks had elicited the ridicule of a few of the people around him but he gave them almost none of his current attention and did not really hear what they had said. Then with little warning the woman shot the statue and it erupted into an explosion of green shards, looking more beautiful than the villain had even imagined. Giving a small jump for joy, small enough that anyone not paying exclusive attention to him would not see it, he then returned his attention to the woman.

Once she was done talking and everyone was beginning to get ready to run in their own directions, most wanting to avoid the police and the jail time that came with them. He turn to the woman and spoke quickly, “I’ll join because it sounds pretty cool and I like that you get things done. The only problem is that I stay almost completely off the grid of almost everyone so I’ll give you my Craigslist username, it’s how I gotten most of my jobs lately, getting paid ten dollars a hit, which makes me a pretty high roller,” He then gave the woman before him a quick thumbs up. “The username is MisterReaper42 @ imsocool.com. I’ll try to be in a new house by the end of the day,” The man said with a wicked grin, though not a single person could see it.

Walking to the edge of the building they stood on, “I’ll be the distraction so you guys won’t be chased.” He looked back for a moment before he continued with his plan and said, “Always remember I want the most dangerous jobs and you guys should start running.” Without another word he leapt from the building descending it in one clean motion and landed on the ground below with what seemed to be little effort. Once on the ground the cops on the scene began to give chase, while occasionally shooting at him but it made little difference with Mister Reaper’s reflexes. The chase was on and this was what the man always loved about his day.

Travis Traxler
Travis Traxler
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloe Everdeen October 6th 2011, 5:51 pm

Chloe listened as the woman began to speak, she was beginning to get less and less interested until Green shards littered the rooftop. Well, there goes who knows how much. She noted to herself silently, There was still a payday if she could shoot Reaper. But then she began rambling about How much they didn't like her but She was able to regain a bit of Chloe's attention when she spoke about a team. She then began to walk away to the edge of the roof when She said, "I'm in.". Thinking of the pay she might be able to give her. Then Reaper spoke up that he would like to join as well as his craigslist username. The last part baffled her a bit. Then he decided to be a distraction for them which she found more baffling. "Well, I will have to stick around here for a bit longer." She said as Reaper jumped off the building. Now, how to sell my apartment? She asked herself, then I'll have to buy one out here. but for now the hotel's good enough. "Anonymous@ Ymail.com" She said before thinking up her own escape route. Shooting her grappling gun she landed on a higher building across from the one they were standing on. The police didn't focus on her as they were busy with Reaper. It was time for her to get back to the hotel.

Spoiler:

Scarlet Hemsworth:

Spoiler:
Chloe Everdeen
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut October 8th 2011, 11:12 pm

Mars watched as the two other mercs left the rooftop leaving him the last to respond to the woman’s offer. Mars stood still silently staring at the shattered statue lying before him. The sun sparkled off the green shards the scattered across the rooftop, he was so close and now the remains lay before him taunting him. It was a shame All that money down the straight down the drain. Mars took his eyes from his failed objective and set them on the woman who had fired the shot. It was a quiet cold stare as he listened to her speech.

She had guts he had to admit that. She destroyed the thing that a group of highly trained mercenaries and assassins were willing to kill each other over. Knowing all too well that it could have been the last thing she did. Mars respected he confidence was willing to consider her offer. It’s not like she didn’t make a good point. Just looking at all the damage and chaos the three of them had caused when they were fighting, he couldn’t help but think of how much smooth this would have gone had they been working together.

Mars had always been a lone wolf. He was used to working on his own terms, and doing as he pleased, but this offer was quite tempting. Working with multiple people could allow him to tackle bigger higher paying jobs. The lack of competition would also prevent another fiasco like today. Mars eyes had still not broken from the woman. “I’m in.” Mars crossed the rooftop to where the woman was standing, the shards of the broken statue crunched under the weight of his boots as he did. “I’m Mars by the way.” He said with a smile extending his hand to the woman to shake, all while building an escape plan in his head. The police sirens cried from the street below, and in the distance he could he the whirring off helicopter blades incoming. “Now I think it time to go, since getting arrested wouldn’t be good for business.” Mars stepped up onto the ledge of the building and prepared to make his escape. “I’ll let you find a way to get in contact with me, until then...” He trailed off and cracked a small grin as he turned back to her and shrugged. With that he made his escape running across the rooftops of trying to put as much distance between himself and the police as possible.

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top